• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern "Married at First Sight"-esque

How would you like to be partnered? / What point in time would you like the RP to start?

• Match by compatibility / Start before wedding

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Match by compatibility / Start after wedding

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Match at random / Start before wedding

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Match at random / Start after wedding

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly
Hello, all!

So, I popped this idea from a similar RP and, well, the show itself. "Married at First Sight" is a reality TV show that originates from Denmark. Six people are chosen and matched based on compatibility tests, and the three new couples are wed and sent on a honeymoon before returning home to live together for six weeks. At the end of the six weeks, they will decide to stay married or get divorced.

I was thinking of that as the basis for an RP, but with some tweaks, of course. I'm thinking I'll choose 10 people [5 couples]. The 'conclusion' will likely stay the same with some time mods for RP purposes. Here is where that poll up there comes in: I was contemplating going with the original plot and matching people based on similarity, or perhaps it would cook up more drama to match at random [meaning not taking similarity of characters into consideration, but probably using a spinner]. There's also the issue of where to begin the RP, whether a few days before the wedding [so that you can RP your character and their families' reactions, wedding planning, etc], or right after the reception [you can still have a little fun with RPing being at the wedding before heading for the honeymoon and you get to jump headfirst into RPing with your partner]. Or, if you have another idea of where you'd like the RP to start, let me know by posting. Please only vote in the poll if you're interested in the idea.

This will be a romance/drama RP. All orientations will be welcome. Ages will be 18-30. I intend for this to be a casual, but semi-lit RP.

Please like or comment your interest [10 votes or interested comments/likes = creating the thread]. If you have any other questions/comments/concerns, let me know via message or post and I'll answer you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Your friendly neighborhood goatsie,

Aato*^

By the way, I apologize if that's worded awkwardly. My creativity is up as of late, but my ability to communicate it is still low. >.>

EDIT: One more vote away from me getting to work on that thread! Thanks, everyone! I will tag those who liked/commented and post the link here.

EDIT: Once I make the thread, I'll hold another poll during sign-up period of the two highest votes made on this one - just for an extra fair chance since votes seem close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ackkk! This reminds me of We Got Married (a guilty pleasure that I succumb to) and I'd totally love to join. ;D Please tag me when the thread is up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back