Maplestory?

NUSKI

new-skee
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm looking for something to spend my time on other than League or NBA. Is it actually dead? Even after the Reboot servers came on?

Maplestory is not dead. It's alive and very popular. The only problem is it's TOO and TOO popular. You know how things get when EVERYBODY and their family gets on it? They start to make it friendly for everyone. So right now they have about 20 classes (I don't know why), that basically do the same exact thing. Just with different art. You can blow things up with an ice wizard or...you can blow things up with a space cowboy. There's no point picking a certain class over the other.

You can play without money, but having money to buy "cash items" will speed the game up for you.

Still. They already made it easy to level in the game anyway. Basically, you came too late. You'll still find it fun I guess? For the first week.

Ah... Maplestory, an old game.
The Korean servers are very alive and active, but the Europe servers are dead.
It's not as active as it was before, but you'll still have fun playing on the global servers.

Maplestory is not dead. It's alive and very popular. The only problem is it's TOO and TOO popular. You know how things get when EVERYBODY and their family gets on it? They start to make it friendly for everyone. So right now they have about 20 classes (I don't know why), that basically do the same exact thing. Just with different art. You can blow things up with an ice wizard or...you can blow things up with a space cowboy. There's no point picking a certain class over the other.

You can play without money, but having money to buy "cash items" will speed the game up for you.

Still. They already made it easy to level in the game anyway. Basically, you came too late. You'll still find it fun I guess? For the first week.

haha, i'm seeing you everywhere <3

but uhhh... i think they're dead for the most part.

i've tried getting back into it a couple of months ago, and yeah.. it's pretty easy to level. but all the social element is gone. i remember just logging in to talk to friends and attending cringy weddings with internet friends lmaoo.

i guess it's a good game still? they're giving out cash items frequently, nowadays. idk if that's really an issue anymore.

haha, i'm seeing you everywhere <3

but uhhh... i think they're dead for the most part.

i've tried getting back into it a couple of months ago, and yeah.. it's pretty easy to level. but all the social element is gone. i remember just logging in to talk to friends and attending cringy weddings with internet friends lmaoo.

i guess it's a good game still? they're giving out cash items frequently, nowadays. idk if that's really an issue anymore.
Lol. Hello again, glassangel-chan. Oh my, the weddings :smilepuff:. I'd agree with you. It'd still be fun to play for someone completely new maybe. But after a bit, it kinda...falls away...and breaks...like a glass angel...

Lol. Hello again, glassangel-chan. Oh my, the weddings :smilepuff:. I'd agree with you. It'd still be fun to play for someone completely new maybe. But after a bit, it kinda...falls away...and breaks...like a glass angel...

awww don't bring my name into this ;-;

i'm going to call you masquerade-chan now XD.

if there was one thing i liked about the game that i still like, it would have to be the maps. the settings are beautiful, and definitely well thought out. especially the soundtracks that went along with them too!

you should probably just pm me because i'm afraid i'm bothering other people reading this thread with our pda >///<

Maplestory is definitely not dead. I still play on Bera with my guildmates who also happen to be my real life friends. The social aspect of it has gone down some, but you really just gotta find the right people to play with. Sometimes, offering help or doing PQ's is a good way of finding people.

If you're looking to explore a different class (aside from the Explorers/Cygnus Knights/Resistance), I'd recommend trying the Xenon or Beast Tamer class. They're pretty fun and have slightly different skill leveling mechanics.

Maplestory is definitely not dead. I still play on Bera with my guildmates who also happen to be my real life friends. The social aspect of it has gone down some, but you really just gotta find the right people to play with. Sometimes, offering help or doing PQ's is a good way of finding people.

If you're looking to explore a different class (aside from the Explorers/Cygnus Knights/Resistance), I'd recommend trying the Xenon or Beast Tamer class. They're pretty fun and have slightly different skill leveling mechanics.

Omfg. Bera. BROA PRIDE!!

I loved Maplestory, it was one of my first big MMOs if you will when I was in middle school. Maybe high school? I can't remember.

I loved Maplestory, it was one of my first big MMOs if you will when I was in middle school. Maybe high school? I can't remember.
Same! I liked the soundtrack of MS, though. But, my first MMO was DDTank. I was still a kid back then.

Then you have good taste. Maplestory was cute, simple, and fun. I learned a lot about how fun MMOs can be. Yeah grinding to be highest level was there, but the main focus was on being social, exploring maps, and doing things with others. I haven't been able to find anything like it since. What a gem.

Same! I liked the soundtrack of MS, though. But, my first MMO was DDTank. I was still a kid back then.
I would play sometimes just to listen to the soundtrack. You could tell were focused on making a well-crafted game. There was nothing bad about it I could point out. Not even the slow leveling =P. Boy, did you have to work for your levels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back