• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Mandala Pattern

Alexandra

The black-eyed cousin
While working on a commission for business cards, I got dragged off on a tangent.

This pattern is based on the Flower of Life mandala, but I have modernised it quite a bit. Finally, I had access to a scanner, so here's a sneak peek...

modernmandala_zps18b41f28.jpg

And on Monday this gets cleaned up some more and turned into a fabric pattern ^^

Adobe Illustrator has been defeated!

tiledmandalapattern_zpsa6a3861b.jpg

Apologies for the huge, HUGE image, but I'm rather excited about this so far.

Time for proofing, then hopefully on to silk-screening :D

I think I stared at it too long, eye are not supposed to bleed right?

That is awesome, you shall have to show us the result of the screen printing.

Nuuuu...no eye-bleed!

Glad you guys like.

I think I will turn this into a properly documented project, and that means tastefully photographing the steps in the process. So more photos to follow ^^

Really cool, will look great as a silk screen. I've tried a bit of that myself once with one of my drawings.

Generally just a cool idea.

ThatSmellyGoblin said:
Really cool, will look great as a silk screen. I've tried a bit of that myself once with one of my drawings.
Generally just a cool idea.
Silk screening means you can design your own t-shirts, or tote bags for the ladies :D

There is this awesome home silk-screening kit that i am looking into getting, but the company that made it closed a few years back. So I will be going according to the schedule of the print cabal (yes, they call themselves that....) down the road from me.

Alexandra said:
Silk screening means you can design your own t-shirts, or tote bags for the ladies :D
There is this awesome home silk-screening kit that i am looking into getting, but the company that made it closed a few years back. So I will be going according to the schedule of the print cabal (yes, they call themselves that....) down the road from me.
I was at a school which had a cloth design class, as part of the art class we could design something and help them print it onto a teeshirt for a small fee. T'was pretty cool, my teeshirt was sorta burned in an accident though.

...My sister burned it as revenge for me burning her heretical Bieber teeshirt. The nerve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back