• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mamaley's Hero (Dylan Anderson & SachiGrl)

SachiGrl

Indecisive Being

ba0002f31d452df039b27f551114f234.png

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

The grounds were far from flat, several hills and mountains made up Mamaley. Their trees were large, but scattered throughout the lands. You would find many Centaurs populating the open fields within valleys where the land is somewhat plain. They are hunters and never feared to be hunted.

In the lands of Mamaley, where centaurian beings roam, a young hero was asked to come forth by the Chief of Mamaley. Years ago, the Mamaleyans gave birth to a new centaurian being; it was not four-legged, but two, so this form was called Ipotane. Fawna was the name of this Ipotane; she's the first of her kind. She was a symbol to the centaurians of the union of humans and themselves, but as she aged, her beauty became more apparent and she was kidnapped. The Cheif feared it was one of their own who caused this mischief, so this resulted him seeking aid from outside his herd.

Now, the story beckons this new hero on a mission to save Fawna, a beautiful young maiden, from what has befallen her...

3bfd499cc12624b2035cce3aec57aad0.png

x5INt4d.jpg

Dylathenius Blackstone- The Hero
The_Nightingale_Khajiit The_Nightingale_Khajiit

Z3M2fsy.jpg

Fawna Dots- The Damsel in distress
SachiGrl SachiGrl

KJYugBR.jpg

O'reld Ulch- The Cheif's son
SachiGrl SachiGrl

v1C9nVK.png

U.S.E.- The Underground Slave Exchange, employed mostly by demons with various powers.
@NPC

Last edited:
2e76a888baec032e7ab9d84da18be494.png

x5INt4d.jpg
Dylathenius Blackstone dismounted from his chestnut steed Agro, his armor clanking and making a small ruckus as he landed in the tall, thick grass covering the meadow in the middle of Mammaley, patting the stallion's head and leading it to a fallen tree nearby, making sure he could reach the clear, sparkling spring a few yards away as he tied Agro up. He took a long, meaningful look around him as he brushed his hair out of his face, his middle-aged eyes studying the magnificent creatures that were surrounding him. He had heard legends of the mystical beings since he was young, but had never in his thirty-seven years of life seen one in person. One hand resting on the pommel of the long-sword sheathed on the side of his belt, he neared the crowd of centaurians, using caution as he spoke.

"I seek council with the Chief immediately," he stated in a deep, commanding voice, making sure to be gentle enough so the natives knew he meant no harm to them. "I am here by his order to locate a young doe by the name of Fawna."

The mere name of the missing female caused mutters to spread like wildfire through the dozens of centaurians that had gathered to bear witness to the human visitor, a few skeptical looks being exchanged along with whispers of confusion. Dylathenius cleared his throat and mentally swore to the gods for mentioning his reason for being in Mammaley, shaking his head and holding his helmet under his right arm as he moved briskly through the crowd, spotting a large structure that resembled the Great Hall back in his homeland of Grunthoria, yet another region on the vast continent that was home to dozens of unique races, humans and centaurians being the largest two, respectively. As he neared the wood and steel doors guarded by armed centaurs that were nearly twice his height, he reached into the small knapsack he had affixed to his belt, pulling out an ancient-looking scroll from the Chief himself, requesting Dyathenius' presence as soon as the human could travel nearly five-thousand miles to his current location. He sighed and paced about as one of the guards took the letter from him and trotted inside, clearly not the patient type when it came to desperate times.

Last edited by a moderator:
84d0cd7267c7e487a88c09bf0c323576.png
KJYugBR.jpg
The chief’s son was very displeased with his father's words. His front hooves pounded against the ground fiercely while his father stood firm and unphased by his taunting movement. O’reld’s height matched his father’s. He had mostly dark skin fading to white towards the front of his body and under his arms. His horseback was rich with dark fur and the bottom half of his legs were covered with thick white fur. He was handsome and popular among his herd, but the young centaur was rash and stubborn. He wished to aid the missing Ipotane, but his father preferred a human over his own kind's service. This disturbed O'reld profusely. The situation the chief fears has yet to be elaborated to his son. Because of his son's stubborn nature, his father did not dare express his concerns regarding their herd.

With his arms across his chest, he followed behind his father as he approached the stranger in armor. His father's white long hair blew in the wind as he greeted the knight, "Welcome to Mamaley. Normally, human adventurers don't cross these paths, but I hope to change these views." The chief waves his hands up as if gesturing for the crowd to give him an uproar. All the neighboring centaurians marched in placed caused a loud and fierce rumble. His hands rose again to silence their movement, "In my letter I wrote to you the details of this quest which you humbly accepted ((He mentions being wary of his own in the letter))," the chief gave a slight bow in gratitude. The centaurians followed suit except for O'reld. He stepped forward, approaching the human with utmost confidence, "I shall accompany you." He slammed his fist against his puffed chest as the chief looked back at him warily, but he decided it may be best to not make a commotion.

"This is my young, O'reld. Let him lead you to the U.S.E. and explain how we come to believe of their mischief," he gestured toward O'reld as he stood even prouder at the mention of being the chief's son. He then gave a nod at his son then returned his gaze to Sir Blackstone, "You have traveled a long ways. If you so choose to rest, we have a cottage at our disposal." O'reld grunted in disbelief, but perhaps humans require more rest than centaurs.

Dylathenius stepped back several paces as he heard the massive doors groan as they were opened, unable to stop the surge of pure awe that struck him as the Chief stepped outside, followed by another male centaur that he assumed to be a bodyguard of some sort. He dropped to one knee as he was addressed, his left arm crossed over his chest in a sign of utmost respect for the massive creature before him, nodding once in response to the Chief's words. "Yes, my Lord, I have never traveled so far in any of my past endeavours," he answered simply, his battle-hardened face raising to gaze at the much larger centaur as he stood once more. He couldn't help but smile as the crowd around him cheered with earnest. He figured that, given the issue addressed in the Chief's letter weeks earlier, the whole herd had been looking forward to his arrival, regardless of being the first human in Mammaley.

His bright eyes shifted as he looked over at the other male, getting a sense of cockiness just by the way he was standing. As much as he hated having to rely on others for help, not to mention taking care of companions, he had to admit that he would need all the help he could get as he traversed the unknown realm.
"I appreciate your desire to assist me, O'reid. I'm sure your aid will be invaluable during our quest, aye?" Dylathenius asked with a small grin, beating his chest in return to show his respect for the young centaur, guessing that he had to be around twenty in human years given his build, the signs of maturity still working their ways into his body. He had to force back a laugh at the idea of resting, as he figured that he could get to know some of the herd's more prominent figures, especially the blacksmith. He had heard rumors of Mammaley being the only source of an other-worldly material known as moonstone, a black and purple steel-like substance that was hard enough to shatter diamonds, and had wanted to exchange his own sword for a pair of weapons made from it, as they would prove very useful in this vast, unknown territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back