• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Make the Information tab first on member profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam

super serious rp superstar
To me, a member profile should tell me right away about the person I'm looking up, and the information they prefer the community see about them should be the most user-facing element.

Currently, the Profile Posts tab is the first visible bit of info when looking up a member and it's kind of jarring. I'm used to how it works now, but when I first became a member here, I didn't even realize there were other clickable tabs to look at where they might actually have something they want people to know about them, their style, their preferences, etc. until much later. Just seeing a wall of comments wasn't too useful at first glance.

Oh! Also! "Information" comes first alphabetically. :3

The order of tabs on the user profile is set by Xenforo (the people who made the forum software), not by us. However we can look into possibly shifting over the tab order if there is demand. That being said, we don't actually have any functionality to change it at the moment without doing something invasive to the site code or paying for an addon.

However if there is demand we can try to look into it and see what we can do.

Darn. I can only imagine this only my personal pet peeve and literally nobody else even thinks about it, so I don't foresee any real demand for it.

Interesting bit of info about the forums software, though!

I'd support this move, but have no desire to put the already hard-working admin team to more work if there's only a few people in favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back