Maintenance subsituting charm.

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
a charm Idea.

One that subsitutes for maintenance by the solar waving a hand.

Does this sound reasonable to you.

on one hand the time and resources for maintenance are a major game balance factor for such items...

on the other, its hard to believe a solar of great enough power could NOT Vastly accelerate the repair of a warstrider or suit of guzonsha armor.

Something like for every 10 motes spent counts as 1 hour maintenance?  Or perhaps a device made from Wyld energy that can go in a hearthstone socket that reduces maintenance by half?

I could see a way for a Soulsteel one to do this automatically by absorbing Essence into a soul-fire crystal type device, that when full, would activate a repair charm.  I think Bone and Ebony has a spell to summon a warstrider mad of bone.  Using that as a bases you could have it 'eat' creatures to regenerate.

But back to waving your hand Charms.  I think it should have a high most cost since it will be replacing many hours of hard labor with 1 Charm and a few hours rest to regain the motes.

1. Maintenance is already a mere wave of the hand with solar craft charms

2. necromancy? abyssals? maintenance? sorry, but entropy is so not going to make that abyssal themed.

Safim said:
2. necromancy? abyssals? maintenance? sorry, but entropy is so not going to make that abyssal themed.
That's way I mentioned the eating part.  Sort of the like the blood engorgement technique.  You have to keep killing things with the war-strider to maintain it.  Of course if it is too damaged, it wont survive the combat.

The bone-strider gathers up the corps of it's victims into a pile which it then enters and covers itself with the bodies of the fallen.  Pilot and bone-strider then meditate and the flesh of the fallen is altered by the bone-strider and merged with it's damaged and warn out sections.

Meanwhile a circle of Solars has entered the battlefield/village and see the carnage, but no apparent sign of the victor.  Suddenly, in an explosion of petrified flesh, the bone-strider emerges from it's blood soaked cocoon fully repaired.  The now gore splattered Solars must make Valor checks or soil themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back