Main Thread [TNW v. 2 Archive]

Vyn

Interacting with: Alexander and anyone else

3-9_sl7udws.jpg
Pointy ears? Had this man never seen an elf before? He saw the man walk by. Brutish and utterly masculine looks put Edvyn's lean and skinny frame to shame. Alexander did seem like a stoic boulder in the middle of Haljorn, unwavering and strong. Yet, once Alex made contact by clapping his shoulder, Edvyn couldn't help but flinch. He wished that his leader was here. Uryva was always better with socializing than he was, especially with warriors so similar to himself. However, from experience, the best answer was honesty with a dash of nonchalance. "Indeed, though calling me 'pointy ears' is a bit unnecessary. The word 'elf' saves you two syllables, good brute." The violet-skinned elf retorted, a sheepish smile on his face. Edvyn continued to speak, "revolution speak", he called it. The type of speech that he typically got into whenever he talked about politics, revolution, war, you name it.

"You would be a bit more accurate than you had anticipated, in fact. The first public death is normally enough to incite a sort of spark. People like myself fight and rebel because we have nothing left to lose other than our hope, which is stronger than any flame or execution can overcome. It's more powerful than that mighty axe of your's, you can bet on that. The spark of revolution, and our motivation to rebel is enough to start something deadly. If the enemy wins, we will be painted as violent villains. If we win, we will indeed go down as heroes. Personally... I do not care as long as my name is known." Edvyn finished his tirade, not expecting Alexander to listen.

His hands were resting on his back, folded together, looking more like a diplomat than a rebel or a fighter. If it was anyone else, they would sound pretentious as well as arrogant or pompous. Which some would argue, he did. It was the truth and nothing but the truth to him, the fire in his emerald eyes proved that much. "Speaking of names going down in history, mind if I know your's?" He asked. "I would like to anticipate that you are as... enthusiastic to meeting my leader and I am." Vyn was excited, though it only seemed visible in his emerald orbs. It was as if the eerie atmosphere of the forest didn't matter to him as he led the group through the forest.

@RubyRose @ waiting for ori to post for rose, aaryn is being background for now

Lirim

Interacting with: Fridith, Eydis and Roth

300px-Caesar1.jpg
Lirim took a deep breath. Sisters? He thought. “Come out of hiding and you shall find that I we're standing right here in the open. I wish to avoid conflict if at all possible, but know that I will not hesitate to strike you down would you show any sign of hostility.” In his experience, women were less likely to resort to aggressive means, but were a bit difficult to trust at first. Now... the best way of going about it...

Boldly, Lirim gestured to Roth to keep his spear up as he took relaxed steps out of hiding. If they were to attack him, Lirim would at least let Roth get some hits in on time. "My sisters." He smiled, his bow strapped to his back as he gently guided Azha towards the girls. The Sietic horse neighed and shook his muzzle rather casually, as if his mount was as calm as he was. "I do not come here for trouble, if you kill me, what you will get in return is guilt knowing you killed an innocent man~" The archer bowed gracefully. He was met with two sisters. Both women adorned beautiful white horses, a rare sight back in Ifrin where he was from. The first one, the one he had assumed to be the woman that beckoned him had a winter-worn complexion, pale and chiseled. The wings on her pegasus matched her headdress. A noble one, he thought.

In fact, one could say they were both noble. The sister next to her, the pink haired one had a regal look to her, with a glassy scarlet to her eyes and a vibrant rose to her hair. The first thing Lirim thought of the two were of colourful desert flowers. "My desert flowers," Lirim said, his Ifrin accent becoming rather prominent. "What are desert flowers doing in a cold winter country?" He asked, bowing and keeping his distance in case he needed to shoot an arrow or two.

@Wavebird @Pretzel Heart @SirBlazeALot

newworld_zakai-jpg.262679
Zakai- Speaking with Vilhelmina

Roused from his thoughts, Zakai straightened to meet Vilhelmina's eye as he absorbed the words slowly. It wouldn't be very lordly of him to say that he wasn't doing very well at all; that his first kill was weighing heavily on his mind. What lord would ever admit to that, anyway? It was a weak thing to dwell on; a weak state to be in.

Then again, lying wasn't entirely much better. Especially not to Vilhelmina... he glanced away as he tried to think of what to say. A lord would not even be worrying about a life he had taken. If he hadn't killed, he would have been killed... and the point in all of this was to survive. To make it back home and let his people know that there would be no peace; only war. Perhaps they could win the war if given enough time... though to think he had such news to bear... it all weighed very heavily on his shoulders.

"I am doing fine, thank you Vilhelmina." Zakai said, pulling on the smile he had learned to hold so well. Few could tell when it was false; he wasn't sure if Vilma was one of those are not. Her older brother certainly had been one to always know when Zakai was wearing the mask of a lord and not his true face. Then gain, he would have known why Zakai was doing it and probably not called him out on it either. "The quiet of the forest has made me not want to speak quite so much; at least here, there is still serenity and life." He said, his smile becoming easier; a little more genuine. It was true that he found the forest calming at least. "And you? How are you fairing?"

@Wavebird

newworld_al-1-jpg.262677
Alexander- Listening to Nonsense, Asking Edvyn a Question

Alexander had his full attention on the pointy eared one and couldn't help but laugh at the young man's response. He made a mental note to begin referring to the man as 'elf' from now on; he was at least respectful of requests, though he found the response rather amusing. The way the elf had spoken in polite tones, though his words showed possible offense, tickled Al in a way he wasn't often tickled. He could always find some semblance of respect for those who could respond with grace instead of anger. The big man quieted his guffaws as the pointy eared man began to explain.

Expression becoming almost stony in his seriousness as he listened, he took great measures to actually hear what Edvyn was saying. A hand touched the sad axe at his belt at the comment on it... there were a great many things more powerful then this axe. In fact Alexander greatly missed the beautiful axe that had been lost when the Blue Rose sank. He would be hard pressed to find an axe even close to her equal... But he did not comment because certainly to Edvyn an Axe of great size was a might axe, no matter what it's weight and balance. The last part struck Alexander as odd, though. If he were to go down, he would want to be known as something great; not as a villain but of a hero or even better, a conqueror. Al did not want his good name sullied; he would rather it not be remembered at all if it were to be tainted with the name of 'troublemaker' or 'villain' behind it. This put the elf into perspective for Alexander; he would be careful around him in the future. Still, Edvyn's speech left Al to ponder and he did not respond to Edvyn's question for a short while as he processed what had been said.

Noting that Edvyn held a stand his Lady Diana held when speaking to her equals, Alexander felt it a compliment more then arrogance or as a belittling gesture. He felt that Edvyn was speaking to him as if they were of the same status. Which perhaps a rebel fighter and a body guard were; they were both against the leaders of this land and both fighting for their very lives. Perhaps that put them on equaller ground then they had earlier realized; though Alexander felt Diana and perhaps the other grounds were still of higher statuses then these rebel fighters. "I am Alexander, bodyguard to the Lady Diana." He responded proudly, straightening to his full height and puffing his chest out to cut an imposing figure. Moment over, Alexander allowed himself to relax. "You may refer to me as Al, if you prefer, elf." He said with a smirk. "My enthusiasm to meet a man as intelligent as to lead rebel forces is true; but I am more excited to see where we may help with your current war. We may be the tip to the scales needed for your men to win." He added bluntly; he did hold his fighting skills in high regard after all.

@Wavebird @SirBlazeALot @theglassangel

newworld_era-jpg.262678
Era- Attempting to Comfort Mordi, hearing Ava

At first Era was too occupied with Mordi to notice that she was being spoken to, but she turned her gaze towards Ava once she heard her name. She had, luckily, been listening to the other conversations so she knew what it was Ava had been saying; she just hadn't been relating it to herself until her name had been brought into it. Once it registered Era wasn't certain whether to take it as an insult or as a compliment. Mordi shouldn't have to be fighting alone and she was only a few years older then Era (at least Era thought so), but it wasn't Mordi being told to stay. It wasn't Mordi being called a child. A small part of Era was touched that Ava would care so much to speak up and tell Era to stay put, but it saddened her to think that she wouldn't be there if Mordi needed backup. "Thank you Ava." Era said with as much of a small smile as she could muster. She would find some way to help Mordi, though; she would protect Mordi from any ghosts. Era wasn't afraid. "We can defeat together." She added in a much softer voice, trying not to move her lips or give away the secret she gave to Mordi.

@Orikanyo @SirBlazeALot

Last edited by a moderator:
Eydis Dione Artemesia

With: Fridith, Lirim, and some ominous stranger in the trees
Monologuing

The proud, knowing smile that Fridith's half-jest and confident words had brought to Eydis's face wilted as a stranger appeared from the forest depths. Though there was something about his lackadaisical manner that beckoned her to go along with his easygoing nature and taking his words at face value, the Troubadour was also unsettled by the man's overall appearance. Everything about him marked him a foreigner, from his odd clothing and word choice to the glint of jewelry reflecting the Magelight's shine. His speech also had an unusual lilt to it that Eydis couldn't place, but the sheer foreignness prompted her mind to guard itself with thoughts of the worst.

Is that a Tarosian accent?

But no, it couldn't be. She had parlayed with Taros's soldiers on more than one occasion, and the battle cries of the invaders who had captured so many of her fellow rebels still echoed in the young woman's ears. Since Aquano was too far away for Eydis to even conceive that someone standing in the woods of Wynda could come from such a place, she assumed that the stranger wasn't from there, either.

So perhaps Ifrin...?

The thought left her with an uncomfortable shudder. From the very little she knew about the country it was an Ordless wasteland riddled with bloodthirsty tribes who had gladly thrown themselves at Taros's disposal.

But the man now before her claimed to mean them no harm, and it would be against her honor and Ord's endless capacity for understanding to meet such a one with hostility. Also there was also the matter of his horse. The fact that he was riding one shouldn't have had much of an effect, but somehow it resonated with Eydis and made her feel as if they might believe him. Bonding with a mount was no simple task, but once that seemless understanding had been achieved between man and beast it was apparent in everything they did. The way they moved, as if not a rider and a mount, but a single being of shared purpose...it spoke of someone with a strong heart. And thus she felt as if she could trust the stranger despite his odd clothes, words, and accent.

Trust.

It was a skill that she still struggled to hone. But she was learning, bit by bit. Like the fact that she trusted Fridith enough to sit confidently behind her winged horse and sharpened lance to freely speak her mind. Besides, Eydis still had a hand near her explosive-lined belt, and while the stranger remained at such a thoughtful distance it was possible to utilizing them without endangering her friend.

And that was the best a healer could do. Stand behind her knight, offer her best services, and have faith.

Thus the Troubadour announced herself without doubt or fear, feeling her weariness beginning to fade into a renewed strength as she spoke.

"Strange that you speak of flowers when what stands before you are but two women. Though not just any women, but ones who have been entrusted with a most important quest. If you have even a drop of Ord's infinite kindness and understanding you will bring us no trouble here tonight. You...or your companion."

Eydis had not forgotten the shadow of the creature whose shape she had glimpsed after first lighting her staff. It had been large and misshapen with an off-color hue...certainly not human. Thus she doubted it was the same as the stranger that stood before them.

"Indeed, you might even give us aid us by mentioning if you can recall coming across another small party of travelers in this area. More of your 'desert flowers' drifting through in this forest dark. Though you might do well to consider us Wyndans more 'nightshades' than flowers."

She added this last part with a slight coyness. The tempting glisten of those dangerous berries with their trancelike powers had loomed over most of her childhood, and she had to admit that if one were making floral comparisons, she rather admired the ways the fragile blossoms hid such fatal arts.

Last edited:
PLAYER PHASE

Lamont Basilo

Interacting with: Hayden
@SirBlazeALot

Position: D12

"Monty?" the man thought and shuddered slightly... a chill ran up his spine when the words came upon him... there was only one person, alive mind you, that used that name... A person he'd rather not meet again any time soon...Devoted, was she, but to much is indeed to much... a devil, but one bound by her heart and orders by the one who she wishes to give it to.

...Gracie...

"Hayden, I am not amiss to the notion of nicknames.. but best you stay away from that one." he warned the man as he continued into thinking about his question. "With that said, I am most certain of what lays in this wood, we must remain watchful, the darkness hides them as much as it does hide us." he scanned the area with his blue eyes, keeping an eye.. and more importantly, an ear, open for anything that would tell of the quarry they were to come into battle with...

He knew they were there... it was only a matter of time...

"If you have a light source, bring it out, let us see what lays beyond the fog."

[lamont uses torch(x5->x4, 5 turns of light)]

"...TO ARMS!"

The man shouted as his eyes spotted the wretched creature, it's skeletal features plain in the newly created lights, it's jaw open, weapon raised it it moved to strike! Lamont immediately moved to guard Rosa from the creature, his mind completely forgetting... somebody... Somebody who was currently silently guarding him, without a word or so much a word from the Vicar...

"Bonewalker!"

Calvina, a good person(?)

Interacting with: The village people, Sticks, and a few stones. @SirBlazeALot

Position: P15->P13

"Oh my, Fran you are quite the gallant heroine aren't you? My, are you a knight I wonder? You certainly are quite strong~!" he chuckled at her display of courage, playing with the woman abit before he listened to the back and forth of the older and younger men. "...Brendan, don't worry, we shall do whatever needs to be done, come what may. We only need to persevere." he smiled his usual calm composed smile to the younger man as Sticks purred contently.

"Besides, should we come across an orc or two, I've come with many a gift for them~!" he pulled a bomb out from his bag and turned it in his fingers, the heavily packed charge of explosive a thing of delight for the man, what better way to battle was there then to utterly destroy your enemy with such a wondrous invention.

"Come what may, they shall fear us, and we shall find the little darling..." he smiled warmly to the others... but in the back of his mind he added.

*Alive or dead...*

"Now then, let us stay close as we wander about in our search, our gallant knight Fran, Ulyesses, Brendan, let us begin."

{Cal'vina moves to P13}

Villagers (From left to right: Fran[V3], Brendan[V2], Ulysses[V1])

Kickin' It With: Cal'vina & Sticks

V1_zpsmffbuecl.png~original

"Oh my, Fran you are quite the gallant heroine aren't you? My, are you a knight I wonder? You certainly are quite strong~!" Fran was in fact training to become a knight of sorts. Maybe not a traditional one, but one of these days, she was going to pack up and travel to Eska to officially earn her title and rank. She only hoped the state would hold under the weight of the Empire long enough for her to enlist. Nonetheless, she already fancied herself to be a soldier and appreciated that someone else was finally recognizing it. "And just think! I'm no where near as strong as I'll become!" she bragged proudly.

Unlike Fran, Brendan was no glory seeker, and he was hoping that she wouldn't reveal her plans to join the Resistance. Sure, Cal'vina was a nice guy, but who's to say he wasn't a Tarosian spy? One verbal slip up and Fran could end up with her head on the block. "...Brendan, don't worry, we shall do whatever needs to be done, come what may. We only need to persevere." Brendan adjusted his hat nervously and nodded wearily. "Y-You're right," he grumbled without a drop of actual faith in his tone. He decided it would be better to just go along with this silly plan and just flee if trouble arose. Cal'vina had bombs, Fran was good with a sword, and after Ulysses became cross with him it was hard to be empathetic toward the old man.

@Orikanyo

(will move these guys on their turn)

Roth

Kickin' It With: Lirim, Fridith, and Eydis

Roth_zpssdunpyly.jpg~original

Roth listened behind the tree, tightening his grip on his javelin, awaiting a signal from Lirim to toss it into someone's neck. Even upon hearing a woman's voice, Roth didn't let his guard down. He's pretty much hostility condensed into Elven form, so Fridith's warning to Lirim only heightened his senses. We'll see who strikes who down.

But while Roth was bubbling with misplaced rage, Lirim was handling the threat rather casually, just like earlier today. And it's a good thing he was their spokesperson. A second woman chimed in to answer his companion. "Strange that you speak of flowers when what stands before you are but two women. Though not just any women, but ones who have been entrusted with a most important quest. If you have even a drop of Ord's infinite kindness and understanding you will bring us no trouble here tonight. You...or your companion."

And so the jig is up. Roth hesitated but opted to keep hiding. He was playing his presence off as a trick of the eye, an illusion formed by branches, the darkness, and paranoia. The woman kept speaking however, and Roth found himself getting annoyed. It was rare that anyone ever complimented him on his looks and he felt like Eydis's response to Lirim's smooth ass compliment should have at least included a "Thanks" or something. And that's what brought him out from his hiding place. He swiftly joined Lirim at his side in a defensive stance, lance pointed at the ground.

"You should learn to take a compliment gracefully, wench," Roth growled rather venomously. That last bit was rather uncalled for but does Roth give a shit? Not really. He did however ease up on his defensive stance when he realized that he and Lirim had the upper hand over these two, so much so that they would be fools to attack them. From what he remembered in military school, winged beasts didn't fare well against having their wings clipped by an arrow. And the frail looking girl, excuse me, wench, on the horse looked about as harmless as they come. Roth stood up straight and jammed his spear into the ground to demonstrate his peaceful intent. "We've seen nothing all evening except for Orcs. And as you can tell..." Roth gestured to his bloodied form, "...we spent our night cleansing them from the Earth."

@theglassangel @Wavebird @Pretzel Heart

(same for this guy I'll wait for his turn :3)

Hayden

Kickin' It With: Lamont

proxy.php

So Monty was off limits and the only reason Hayden could respect that was because he was curious to know why. Given the man's odd physical reaction to the name, he was positive there was a story behind it, and Lamont wasn't just being a stuffy lord. If that were the case, Hayden would continue to incessantly refer to him as Monty. "Won't happen again~" he informed the Vicar casually. He scanned ahead, heeding the Vicar's warning, but spotted nothing. Nothing at all. His eyes had gotten used to the darkness and since he spent so much time wandering around the woods at night, he'd gotten pretty good at spotting trouble.

He didn't see the Bonewalker though, and apparently neither did Alecks, because the unholy abomination managed to plug the man in the neck with its lance. Hayden gasped and covered his mouth, but behind his hands was not a look of fear. He was hiding an excited smile. Lamont was right! Practically buzzing with hype as the swordsman fell over and bled out, Hayden chirped, "I'll avenge you--! Uhh..." It was then that he realized he'd never taken the time to get to know the dead guy. Didn't even know his name. "I'll avenge you!" he finished not so smoothly.

Hayden brandished his Shine tome and dashed up to the creature. He pointed at it obnoxiously. "Hey you! Go back to being dead!" The pages of the tome began to glow and Hayden raised his hand in the air. Several rings of light gathered around the Bonewalker and then each one closed around its body violently. The Bonewalker collapsed in a heap of jumbled bones and Hayden pumped his fist triumphantly. He heard a twig snap to his right and turned his head toward the source of the sound to spot a mangled corpse limping his way. Hayden clapped his hands enthusiastically and pointed at the creature. "Look at this guy! Going no where fast, are we?" he taunted the zombie.

@Wavebird @theglassangel @Orikanyo @RubyRose

[Hayden moves to F10, and attacks and kills BW1]

Ava

Kickin' It With: Mordi, Era, & Rakhill

proxy.php

On top of the creepy dark woods and forest, Ava found Era himself to be quite creepy. Possibly because she'd never really liked children (even as a child) and the environment wasn't helping. Something about those large innocent eyes just seemed not so innocent. Like they'd seen some shit. Ava shuddered and looked away from the teen and tried not to think about him. But in her avoidance, she was only met with a creepy ghost story from Rakhill. From the second he started to speak, Ava could tell by his tone he was going to say some scary shit. Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up she thought to herself but was too paralyzed with fear to actually voice her thoughts. All she could do was mindlessly guide the carriage along. “My mother used to tell me about spirits of the forests. Unholy souls that rooted themselves among the trees many ages ago... Some helpful, and some of them vile and tormented. It's said that, rainy nights like these are when they come out from under the moss, the children of the mire. Mire Owls they're called, because of how they look without eyes...” Ava gulped and she could see the Mire Owls so vividly in her mind. "M-Mire Owls!? Pah! Surely such a silly thing c-couldn't p-poss-possibly exist! AH HA HA HA!" Ava tended to laugh when she was particularly unnerved.

But whether or not Mire Owls exist was no longer of question, for a very real danger had revealed itself in the light of Lamont's torch. An armed Bonewalker absolutely murked Alecks. Ava unleashed the reigns of the carriage and both of her arms immediately bound themselves around her passenger Mordimort as the woman shrieked in unfiltered, 100% pure terror. "AIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" it was like being jump scared but times 1000. "OH. NO." Ava announced to the entire forest she wasn't having any of it. "NO. NO. NOPE. NOT HAPPENING. IT ISN'T. IT IS NOT HAPPENING. NO. NOPE!" Ava returned her hands to the reigns of the Winfield and rode toward the village. This was one of those moments where Vilma and Zakai's safety meant very little to her. Yeah, it was one of those "I was a really shit choice for a retainer" moments. Whether the two warriors were in her carriage or not did not matter to her. Nope. She was outski. (people exiting the carriage should exit by now)

"Yah!" Ava whipped the reigns and the carriage sped off toward the nearby village. Was it tiny? Yes. Did it seem likely to open its gates at such a later hour for strangers? No. Did Ava intend on getting those gates open? Yes. Once Hayden had destroyed the monstrosity in front of them Ava raced for the gates of the village and then ducked under the driver's seat of the carriage, quivering like a frightened kitty. "MORDIMOOOORT! Tell them we have a lot of gold and a lot of food and they can have it all if they let us in!"

[Ava moves to C7]

[Ori, leaving the village guard's convo to you(mordi), have fun with it, the reward is an Energy Drop, go nuts]

@Orikanyo @RubyRose @Wavebird @theglassangel

Grieves

Kickin' It With: Alexander & Diana

proxy.php

It was rare to see Diana in any sort of form less that 150% confident. And though she put on an act that may have been passable to the other members of their ragtag group, Grieves could sense Diana's discomfort and uncertainty. Perhaps he'd developed his perception through his experience in being of service to others, or perhaps he'd just developed a 6th sense about the woman in the time that he'd worked for her. "Nonsense, Madam," he answered calmly. He was just as frightened of the darkness but he was embracing his fear and the duty he had to hide it. "There is a seat waiting for you in the carriage if you would like to stave off your hunger and have a moment's rest." Technically, there wasn't a seat available but what Grieves really meant was "briri can walk yo" or something along those lines.

Unfortunately, fear was apparently not unwarranted. "TO ARMS!" Lamont's voice pierced the silence of the forest and caused an eruption of butterflies in Grieves' stomach. "Alexander!" His first inclination was to call for the stronger between the two of Diana's servants. His second was to draw his Heal staff from the holster on his back with his free hand. Grieves' other arm was looped with Diana's. He tightened his hold on the woman and attempted to sound calm and in control of the situation. "Worry not Madam. We will ensure that no harm comes your way."

[Partnering up with Diana]

@RubyRose@Wavebird

Rak_Post.jpg
Rakhill

Cell: D14 > E11

Interacting with: Hayden (and sort of Lamont and Rose)

”Bonewalker!”

Rakhill promptly nocked an arrow to the bowstring and readied himself for what was about to come. Seconds later he too saw the horrid creature that was now standing in the light from the Vicar's torch.

Hesitating for just a brief while, Rakhill then sprang into action when it became clear that everyone hadn't noticed the presence of the bone walker. He rushed towards the bone walker hoping that he could put an arrow in it, but it was too far away and he was too late. The bone walker was quicker than he'd expected, and before he knew it one of the warriors had already fallen to the undead monstrosity. THe fallen warrior was Alecks, a skilled swordsman from across the sea that had been tasked with protecting the Vicar.

Seconds later Hayden's magic tome did quick work with the enemy, and as such Rakhill could end his sprint and lower his bow. He decided to keep close to Lamont and the maid now that Alecks had fallen. Rakhill figured that seeing their bodyguard fall must be a horrific experience, and somehow Rakhill hoped that his own presence could at least help them feel a tiny bit safer.

”Hayden, just kill it already!” Rakhill shouted when he saw how Hayden was making fun of the undead crawling on the ground. How can he think this a time to be joking around? That creature just killed a man!

@SirBlazeALot @theglassangel @Orikanyo

Vilma_Post.jpg
Vilhelmina

Cell: F12 > F8

Targeting: Z1

”And you? how are you fairing?”

Vilhelmina was just about to answer the question when she heard that something was going on outside. A call to arms, and a thud as if someone fell to the ground, and then the carriage turned the other direction and picked up some speed. She looked at Zakai with a mix of worry and confusion in her eyes for a brief moment, and then popped her head outside to see what was going on. The first thing her gaze met was a skeletal abomination being destroyed by Hayden's magic. What is that on the ground?

”We better help! Alecks' dead...” Without even looking back at Zakai Vilma jumped out of the carriage and landed in muddy puddle, instantly feeling the wet running through her boots. Yuck!

Looking around the scene quickly to get an idea of what was going on she soon spotted a silhouette lurking among the trees up ahead, not too far away from Hayden. Leaving to time to hesitation, Vilhelmina drew her blade and ran toward the silhouette. Once close she saw that it was rotting abomination of a man. ”Die you wretch!” Her blade ran swiftly through the air and the cut through the festered flesh of Z1, releasing the worst of odours as the rancid blood started pouring. Disguising...

Vilhelmina is targeting Z1!

Cell: F7

Vilhelmina, Mercenary, Iron Sword

ACC:
110 - 30 - 15 = 65%

CRIT: 5 - 5 = 0%

BASH: 30%

[dice]23016[/dice]

Vilhelmina hits! No Critical! No Bash!

@SirBlazeALot (Enemy, Z1)

Diana_Post.jpg
Diana

Cell: F14 > J12

Interacting with: Grieves, Alexander

When danger first arised, Diana was set on staying back, and be careful. She didn't want to risk her or anyone else's life in this creepy forest. But things changed at the sight of the Palenian bodyguard being attacked by an animated skeleton only to wind up lying in a pool of blood on the muddy ground, lifeless and not moving. By seeing this, suddenly she realised that she was in no position to keep in the background during the coming battle. After all, she had two big bodyguards (if you counted Grieves) and the other Lords had but young women and children at their sides by now.

”We mustn't remain stationary or we'll be sitting ducks. We need to get moving, to make sure there are not more of them nearby.” She said with a calm voice, still not quite able to perfectly hide the slight tremble to it.

”Al, Grieves, come with me.” She commanded and started moving forward into the forest. Luckily Grieve's tight hold of her arm was comforting, for she was quite unnerved as she quietly made her way forward, keeping her eyes peeled for any enemies that may lay hidden in shadows.

@SirBlazeALot @RubyRose

firdith.jpg
Fridith

Cell: Y7 > W6

Targeting: MG2

When Roth jammed is spear into the ground to signal that he wasn't hostile Fridith was both relieved and disappointed at the same time. The man had not only challenged her threat of striking them down, but he had also just called Eydis a wench. During ordinary circumstances Fridith wouldn't have let this slip, but then again, these were not ordinary circumstance at all. So, she swallowed her pride and let it all slip.

”Good riddance. Orc pests are the last thing we ne-...” She paused as she heard the shouting of a man's voice faintly echo from further into the forest. She glanced around and suddenly became aware that there was something perched atop the rocks that loomed over the path on which they stood. She sought eye contact with the rider in front of her, and said in an almost whispering voice: ”There's something on the rocks above you. Be ready...”

And then she set off! Fjalar galloped forward and flapped once with his wide, white wings to get airborne. As the pegasus rider approached from below, her foe started floating in the air. Fridith had never before seen a thing such as the one she was facing; a giant, floating, fleshy, round lump with long tendrils slithering all around it. Only the very moment before she struck it with her lance did she see what it actually was: a giant floating eyeball!

Fridith is targeting MG2!

Cell: W6

Fridith, Pegasus Knight, Iron Lance

ACC:
110 – 30 - 15 = 65%

CRIT: 15 - 5 = 10%

ASS: 10%

BLOK: 10%

[dice]23017[/dice]

Fridith hits! No Critical! No Assist! No Block!

@SirBlazeALot (Enemy, MG2)

@theglassangel (Partner, Lirim)

Zakai- Moving 5 Spaces from E13 to F09 - Moving Next to Vilhelmina, Targetting Z1

Was Zakai mentally ready to face another battle? No... not really. Did he have a choice? No... not really. When Vilhelmina got out of the vehicle Zakai was right on her heels, glancing around and trying to take in the situation. Alecks was dead... that... that struck a blow. Zakai couldn't find the zen place he usually went to when battling as the fear of death and the guilt of having killed cluttered his mind. Everything was in absolute chaos and Zakai found himself automatically following after Vilhelmina, to help however he could.

The thing that they faced was a monstrosity, an abomination... and though it repulsed Zakai to no end, it wasn't until Vilhelmina was attacking it that Zakai was even raising his bow. Get ahold of yourself Zakai. You're a bloody Lord for goodness sake. This is no time to be turning into a damn Pansy. What would Ed think of you right now? Again Zakai attempted to reach into that Zen, that inner calm but it slipped from his grasp again. The stench of the creature as Vilhelmina's sword sliced it open could have been the reason... but Zakai highly doubted it.

Regardless, Zakai raised his bow, attempting to aim carefully despite the sickness he was dealing with of the mind. His bow twanged as the arrow shot forward and missed hitting the zombie by a foot to the right of it's shoulder. "BLOODY ASHES." Zakai cursed, anger coursing through himself at failing so miserably. He would make sure to backup Vilhelmina's next attack, there was no question in that for him. And he would hit the awful thing they were facing.

Attacking (*cough* missing *cough cough*) Z1

Partnering with Vilhelmina

On Cell F09

@Wavebird

newworld_al-1-jpg.262677
Alexander- Moves 3 Spaces from G14-J14 - Next to Grieves

Alexander was always ready for a good fight, even if they had previously been in one. The injuries he had were fully recovered and he was ready to go again. What he was not ready for was putting up with the undead. As a knight he had never come across much sorcery; he had been more for fighting other living men. That's not to say the undead unnerved him, not at all. Not a big, strong man like Alexander. He could out muscle them easily. But... there was an odd chill going up his spine at the thought of facing something so unnatural. A good man won by strength and wits, not by black magic. The creature or human creating the beasts was a monstrosity in himself and Alexander hoped he would be the one to put him out of his misery.

Following after Diana and Grieves, Alexander couldn't help the impulse to stand just a little farther back from the dark forest. "Whatever Dark Magic is out here, You and I are sure to protect our Lady, Diana. Though she never seems to need much protecting." Alexander said, his voice more loud and booming then usual to try and dispel the annoying chill that clung to the great man's skin. "There is nothing a match for us." He added in a second attempt to dispel the weird prickling of his hair as it stood on end. For once, Alexander wanted the battle to be over and done with. He did not like the unnaturalness of this place at all.

The shout that echoed through the forest had Alexander's gaze flickering around, wondering if they had already lost another man already. Al found himself longing for his preferred battlefields- the ones of rolling plains and flat terrain where you could see the enemy for miles. He really preferred being able to see his enemies easily... not seeing their attackers with ease was putting Alexander on edge.

Now on Cell J14

@Wavebird @SirBlazeALot

newworld_era-jpg.262678
Era- Moving 3 Spaces from C15 to D13 - Next to Lamont

Era would not back down, despite Ava's words. Mordi had done a job of protecting them when they were first attacked and though Era knew she was considered cute by others, she also believed that it was Mordi that kept them from being left behind and not her. She would protect Mordi this time, and the lord and the sweet maid who had so far taken her under their wing. There was nothing that could scare her when she had already looked death in the eyes once... and the concept of her life ending today didn't so much as cross her mind. She would fight until she couldn't, no more hiding.

Era stood in her usual crouch, trying to be ready for whatever might come her way, one hand twitching, ready to reach for any weapon she had on her person to fight with. She said nothing as she waited, she didn't want to break the silence with noise as others were doing... it was much smarter to be silent and hear the enemy before they were upon you.

Now on Cell D13

@Orikanyo @theglassangel

MORDIMORT, EMISSARY

Kickin' It With: Ava, Town guard bro

"WHAT!? Why do i have to go- Wait Era!!!" in seconds everything was falling apart for the poor girl, first, her employer who was, for once, on her side was now pushing her out the door to talk to the town! WHY COULDN'T THEY BOTH DO IT!? WHAT KIND OF PERSON SENDS A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG ROSE LIKE HER TO WALK TO A CREEPY VILLAGE THAT MAYBE BE INFESTED WITH...

Oh hey a guard.

"Hey!!! Guard guy."

"Eh!? What!? A child out in the woods-"

"I'm not a child! Well.. when it isn't beneficial to me anyways."

"Eh? thats a pretty selfish way of looking at things- Wait a minute what the hell are you doing in these woods!!"

"Ah? yes the woods... I do believe I got side tracked, excuse me.." she realigned herself and cleared her throat.

A ten second pause with her eyes closed before the guards man made him.. rather nervous... first that cart came racing up and now this young... woman.. was acting all strangely.. just what the hell was going on tonight!?

"OH PLEASE SIR GUARDSMAN! PLEASE TAKE US IN! WE HAVE FOOD AND MONEY! PLEASE DON'T LET US FALL VICTIM TO THE NIGHT!!!"

"What the hell!?" the man gasped as the young woman suddenly latched onto his arm crying like a mad woman. "I-i-i can't! Not tonight the village is closed! until we find the search part-" "But plllleeeeeeaaaaase siir!" "N-n-n-no!" "PRETTY PLLLEEEEEEASE!" "I can't! We have to wait for the others!" "the others?" mordi asked suddenly stopping her acting and straightening herself out, looking at the man thoughtfully.

"Err... yea... The others, the search party, kristin went out into the woods awhile ago and hasn't returned so we sent out a search party.. well.. more like they left themselves... that old man is gona get them killed, orcs and undead abound this night!"

"So what your saying is that their lost huh?"

She asked out loud as a woman started to pass by, seeing the two talking she rushed forwards, tears in her eyes and hands clutching a bundle of sorts. What she said to Mordi was... undecipherable, the young lady could only make out a few words, such as.

"Brenny-boo *various sobs* Lost in dah woods *was she coughing or crying now?* My poor widdle baby!" she half yelled and cried as she held out the bundle. "This! take this and bring my Brenny-boo back!!!" the woman was... hysterical... but the strange bundle was now in Mordi's possession, and she was now confused as all unholy hell.

She was finally pulled away by the guardsman back to the safety of her home... but at that moment Mordi learned of two things.

ONE! there was a lost search party out there, ironically enough.

TWO! a man named... brenny-boo was among them... maybe that was his mother?

Either way, Mordi had received a gift... but not what she was sent out to do... hopefully this was worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

back on the wagon Mordi sat beside Ava once more, looking more confused then scared. "..So... theres a lost search party out there, they've promised a reward(abit of a lie she thought up on the way to not get chewed out by Ava) for finding them, alive mind you.. so... yea... also! this!" she finally unwrapped the bundle to check whats inside... revealing a small.. vial of sorts... it looked.. strange... the liquid inside was redish... yellowish.. orangish... and switched between the three.

"...Umm... you know what this is Ava?" Mordi asked, looking confused.

Eydis Dione Artemesia

With: Fridith, Lirim, and the monster
Activating Magelight (5 -> 4 uses, 1/5 turns)

Ah ha!

Just as she had suspected, the stranger had brought along a little friend. When he at last came out of hiding, Eydis couldn't help but draw her face up into a look of distaste. The green hue of his skin and the wild brambly hair she had guessed to be tricks of the forest were no illusion, and she could scarcely call this second stranger a 'man.' No...he was closer to some terrible beast than one of Ord's most beloved creations. In her isolated life the Troubadour had met very few of Satrella's less favorable races, though she could only assume that one was before her now. A halfbreed, diluting pure human blood into something grotesque. But Eydis steeled herself. It was not in her nature to be afraid of anything, and distrust was just another form of fear. Besides, she couldn't deny some curiosity. As soon as he started speaking, however, the Troubadour's proud face was drawn deeper into a scowl.

"A compliment? Whatever do you mean by that?"

If the halfbreed was implying that his friend's nonsense about "desert flowers" was meant to be some sort of commendation, it had gone completely over Eydis's head. She was rather unskilled in the realm of flirtation. There had been nothing but aged creeps in the cult, and later the nuns had been keen on protecting their new ward from any lewd conduct. Even when Eydis would go around and pester the Crusaders, none had been interested in making advances on a woman of the Church. If one had shown her special attention- treated her to a silvered tongue or wandering hands -she was just unequipped to navigate such interactions, her instinct to deny and stop anything that confused her.

Truly it wasn't until she had to deal with Uryva and suddenly being thrust into the overwhelming rebel network that Eydis had begun to understand male desire.

The stranger's insult, on the other hand, read loud and clear.

"Wench."

If it had been anyone else, perhaps Eydis would have let the comment pass. After all, she was a servant of Ord who should be impervious to such pettiness, especially when in the midst of an important quest. But the sheer disgust with which the monstrous halfbreed spat out his words set Eydis's blood to flame. Jerking Urha into action, she drew closer to the two men, Magelight threateningly raised aloft. But before she could open her mouth to let free the dark fires brewing within, Fridith shouted and her elegant pegasus lept into the air. Hit by a mixture of anger, surprise, and remorse, Eydis lost control of her staff and its cool blue light was silenced. Holding back curses, the Troubadour recalled it life just in time to highlight Fridith swiftly dispatching a creature even more horrid than the halfbreed.

At least the pegasus's riders success calmed Eydis's incense. She hoped that such skill would reassure the strangers that these women were more than capable of taking care of themselves.

"Well. If these two have nothing useful to say, perhaps it is best if we are on our way. There are lives depending on our mission tonight." Unable to help herself, Eydis added in a dark tone and quiet voice, "the very futures of Wynda and Taros may depend on it."

Last edited:

Rose

Interacting with: Lamont

54facae8b173363b0084656f63054777.jpg
Nodding at the butler as he acknowledged her, Rose decided to go for the ingredients in the top shelf. Being around 5'2, this was going to be difficult. Quite easily and clearly, with past practice, she climbed the counter using a chair and her own strength. Ah, there's the sugar! She thought, triumphantly at the glass jars full of various types of sugar in the forms of small rocks or a fine white powder. It was almost magic how she could carry sugar just about anywhere. The petite woman quickly sprinkled the powder for luck, and doing a chef's kiss. Rosa hurriedly continued to make more of the rations for the group, she decided to make as many the maid could carry. Making around four more rations and carrying the ones she had made before, the maid gently stepped out of the carriage. Seeing her Lord from the corner of her green eyes, looking hazy from the fog, Rosalia didn't hesitate. "Oh, my Lord! I have prepared some meals fo--"

"...TO ARMS!"

The maid jumped in surprise. Before covering her emerald eyes, Rosalia saw bright rings of light and a familiar body guarding her. "M-My Lord?" She asked. "Are you alright?" Despite Lamont being the one to protect her, Rosa completely forgot, prioritizing his safety. Grabbing one of the four rations she had in her pocket, she handed one to the Vicar. "If you will, take some, my Lord. I do hope it will be beneficial... before you fight more of those scary ghosts..." She blushed, embarrassed that Rose couldn't find the time to befriend one. That was when the moment hit her. "By the Goddess... Sir Alecks?" Her lip trembled.

[Rose crafted 4 more rations and put the 4 other ones in her inventory]

@Orikanyo

Vyn

Interacting with: Alexander, Diana and Grieves

3-9_sl7udws.jpg
So far, of all the people in the Assembly he would choose to get along with, it would have to be the ones of Fuccino descent. For one, they didn't seem to mind the fact he was so... blatantly Elven. Secondly, Edvyn was first to approach their Lord for their allegiance. It merely made logical sense to gain their favour as a whole. As the group edged closer to the unknown area, the elf began to walk towards them without warning. It wasn't something that he did to throw people off, but, merely as a result of him being a bit more socially awkward than most. "Even with my knowledge of the Whispering Woods, it's not wise to go in without some support." Vyn said, cautiously. "As much as I do not value your strength. It is simply my habit of being overly cautious and needing to oversee every move is what binds me to you all." Edvyn politely bowed.

[Vyn uses Tip the Scales on Alex, Diana and Grieves]

@RubyRose @Wavebird @SirBlazeALot

Aaryn

Interacting with: Rakhill, kind of Lamont and Rose

lusciousnet_4544af80ecc09580f36efe7_1435627916.315x0.jpg
Aaryn swung her axe, though it was heavy for most, to her, it seemed to serve as a lighter extension of herself that she quickly become accustomed to. Flying around and peacefully observing the forest on the back of a dragon was what she did alone for what seemed like ages. Though, this would be quickly interrupted. The shrill cry from the peachy haired lord alerted her from her daze. A bonewalker? Aaryn's ice blue eyes were flooded with bright lights that could only be conjured with magic. If Aaryn knew anything about anything, it was that light and holy magic was effective against such unholy beasts. A corpse. If Fuccino had a bodyguard, then...

As Rakhill urged the Hayden to fight the zombie, Aaryn couldn't help but smile. Flying Winnie over, the duo soared swiftly, a quick breeze of air right above the archer. The woman smiled as she found herself a nice landing spot in front of him. "Why don't we just kill the next one we see, archer?" She asked, blue eyes meeting green. Suddenly, her eyes seemed to have changed in auras, going from a shining light blue to a cold, serious ice. "Did the Assembly... lose a fighter?" She whispered. "By Ord..."

Gently tapping his shoulder, she told him, "Let us not end like that..." It was all that could be mustered from her lips before her back began to straighten and her body language assertive and proud. In addition, her location allowed her to join him in indirectly supporting Lamont and Rose, even if she didn't know them very well. "I will make sure of it, Rakhill." She smirked, lifting her axe encouragingly. Aaryn clutched to the worn-out leather reins of her scaly white wyvern.

[Aaryn has partnered up with Rakhill]

@Wavebird @Orikanyo @ will post for lirim in the next phase kekek

ENEMY PHASE

The rattling of bones, the shuffling of feet, and the flapping of wings can be heard in the darkness as the creatures of the night reveal themselves to our heroes...

latest
1394.gif
latest
latest

[Z1 stumbles forward to attack Vilma but clumsily misses]

[Z3 moves to P12 and scratches Cal'vina and does 0 damage]

[MG1 moves to G10. It shoots rings of dark energy at Aaryn and does 30 damage]

[Z4 shuffles to G9 and scatches at Zakai but misses like a dumbass]

[MG3 moves to K12 and shoots dark magic at Grieves and does 0 damage]

[GG1 descends from the darkness to C6 and tries to attack the carriage, but apparently he's drunk as fuck cause he missed]

[Z2 runs out of the darkness to W8 and scratches Lirim for 10 damage]

[bW2 follows up Z2 and tries to attack Roth but misses]

[GG2 is the luckiest Gargoyle on the planet. He flies to X8 and attacks Eydis for 17.5 damage]

@Wavebird @RubyRose @Pretzel Heart @theglassangel @Orikanyo

OTHER PHASE

Villagers (From left to right: Fran[V3(O16->O12)], Brendan[V2(P16->P14)], Ulysses[V1(O15->O13)])

Kickin' It With: Cal'vina & Sticks

There was a faint cry in the distance that vaguely sounded like a war cry. The sound made Brendan nearly jump out of his skin. "D-Did anyone else hear that?" he asked wearily. Perhaps it was the cry of a ghostly soldier reliving their final battle. The thought made Brendan clutch his sword handle tighter. "You're just hearing things," Ulysses assured the young villager dismissively. Old people: not well known for their hearing.

However, as the group began to advance, the sound of twigs breaking to their left could be heard before a corpse stumbled out of the darkness and scratched at Cal'vina. Well..."scratched" is a strong word, it looked more like it fell on the merchant and tried to use him to break its fall. "What the hell is that!?" Brendan screamed as Fran jumped into action. "Come here, ugly!" She slashed at the zombie's stomach, spilling some of its guts but of course, that didn't stop it. "Angels above..." Ulysses murmured in fear with widened eyes. "K-Kill it! K-Kill!"

[Fran moves to O12 and attacks Z3 for 10 damage]

[ulysses moves to O13]

[brendan moves to P14]

@Orikanyo

Roth

”Good riddance. Orc pests are the last thing we ne-...” Had the woman not been cut off, Roth would've proudly stated, "You're damn right," but she spotted something in the darkness. Had they missed one? Roth removed his spear from the ground and the woman on the horse's staff re-lit in time to display Fridith killing a Mogall. The grotesque disembodied eye exploded in a mess of guts as Fridith's lance pierced it. "That was fucking beautiful!" Roth vulgarly cheered. "Well. If these two have nothing useful to say, perhaps it is best if we are on our way. There are lives depending on our mission tonight. The very futures of Wynda and Taros may depend on it." Roth cracked his neck and meanly retorted, "Then I guess Wynda and Taros are screwed. No way that thing was alone."

And almost right on que, several monsters came darting out of the darkness toward the group. "See what I mean?!" Roth roared as he dodged an incoming thrust from a bonewalker. "Eat shit!" He spun his javelin in a few circles, clearly to showboat, before gripping the handle with both hands and stabbing the creature so hard it fell apart in a heap of bones and armor. The other monsters were a diverse group:a Gargoyle, a Zombie, and another Bonewalker. The gargoyle got a hit in on the horsewoman and the zombie managed to strike Lirim. "Brother!" Roth shouted at the archer with concern.

[Roth attacks BW2 and does 225 damage, absolutely murdering this motherfucker]

Lirim

Interacting with: Roth, Fridith and Eydis, I guess BW5

300px-Caesar1.jpg
Lirim's banter with Eydis was just a mere light-hearted banter, Roth seemed to have taken offense to that, suddenly coming out of hiding. "Calm down, brother. Who can really blame him? Orcs work up just a tantrum in anybody." He responded, patting Roth appreciatively on the shoulder. "I know that in such a cold, unforgiving place as Wynda, desert flowers are not a commonality in this place, no?" Lirim winked and pretended to pick up a beautiful flower from midair. "Well, I refuse to change my opinion, for my flower sisters, you are misplaced. The only flowers native to Ifrin are the beauties hidden with sharp desert thorns attached to cacti. They grow to be beautiful colours of the golden and pink variety alike~" He bowed. "We mean no troubles." There was an air of sincerity that came to his words, be it his calm and "roll with the punches" demeanour.

The golden flower sister was quickly cut off by some monstrosity, quickly killing it, mogall guts spilling everywhere. There must be more, he thought, his caution rising. "Formidable, my golden sister." He acknowledged. "Well. If these two have nothing useful to say, perhaps it is best if we are on our way. There are lives depending on our mission tonight. The very futures of Wynda and Taros may depend on it." Eydis chimed in. "We are gentlemen, wanderers you may call us as well. Allow us to accompany you. Flowers survive much longer when looked after~" Lirim's voice still remained calm, even slightly flirtatious, even getting some chuckles from the nomad as Roth made his comment. The archer would have taken the hands of each woman and kissed it gently if it weren't for that damn zombie.

Wait, zombie?

Lirim flinched. "Foul creatures." He muttered. "Foul, indeed." The archer readied his wooden longbow, calling upon his tribal Sietic markings for even the slightest bit of aid. Knowing he couldn't shoot the zombie from where he was, he needed the agility the forest provided. Instead, more dangerous monsters began to show up. Deciding to go for the only accessible target to where he was, Lirim shot and hoped for the best.

Woosh.

A smooth hit.

Lirim is targeting BW5!

ACC: 130 - 30 = 100

CRIT: 15 - 5 = 10

ASS: 10%

BLOK: 10%

[dice]23134[/dice]

kekekek

Lirim is able to attack! Critically, in fact. He can even assist Fridith, but will not block.

@Wavebird @Pretzel Heart @SirBlazeALot

CAL'VINA, slightly scuffled...?

hanging with: Fran, Brenny-kins and a grumpy old guy.

Now, Cal'vina wasn't paying to much attention to the... thing... that scuffled his coat, it tried to hurt him, it really did, but it failed to do so so... badly that he wondered if it was really trying to hurt him at all? Perhaps it was simply asking for a high five when it stumbled and patted him softly. or perhaps it tripped regardless and bumped into him slightly. or maybe it was so engrossed with his unearthly handsomeness that it... just... couldn't hurt him?

Yes, lets go with the last one.

"Err... oh goodness! How positively revolting..." he swiped off the bit of dirt that had gathered upon his coat hand raised his hand axe high.

"And heres my counter!"

Cal'vina targets Z3, and critically misses!

[dice]23136[/dice]

90 - 45 = 45% ACC

25 - 5 = 20% CRIT

Doesn't assist or block with Fran's attack, but in the end, he still looks fabulous.

Well... seems the zombie was smart after all.

While his blade was quite devastating, it seems he didn't hit the creature intended, more the tree beside it, in fact quite greatly he wounded the poor tree that it... started to tumble, granted it was rotted already, but no less he fell that tree with but a strike intended for another, and rather evasive no others... but thats besides the point...

"...Ehmn, seems the night it making me weary."

However, it did not go the way he first though, as the zombie as well fell in half along side the tree.

"...Eh? EHHHH?"

PLAYER PHASE

Hayden

Kickin' It With: Rakhill, Zakai, Vilhelmina, and Aaryn

proxy.php

”Hayden, just kill it already!” Hayden turned to Rakhill with a pouty smile and sarcastically whined, "Awww, but it's so cute!" He fully intended on banishing the thing back to hell but...you know. Hayden and stuff. He was too slow to get to it though, and Vilhelmina got in front of him before the zombie was close enough and sliced the creature. Hayden watched with excitement and cheered, "Whoo! Nevermind! She's got it! Wait..." the zombie kept moving and Hayden cocked his head and turned back to Rakhill and announced, "No wait, nevermind, it's alive!" But then suddenly Zakai was in front of him, and Zakai was the best archer, like ever, so Hayden confidently re-informed Rakhill, "Ok, he's got it!" But then Zakai missed and Hayden snapped his fingers and sadly repeated, "Nevermiiiind!" But maybe "sadly" isn't the right word because it sounded more like he was trying not to laugh.

As more monsters began to come out of the woods, Hayden nudged Zakai and asked, "You alright your lordness? Ya look a bit frazzled," he asked as he turned through pages in his tome. As a zombie approached the archer, Hayden fired more rings of light at it, but astonishingly, the zombie ducked and dodged them. "I guess you aren't the only one off yo--OH GODS IT'S A MOGALL!" Hayden ducked in a similar fashion as the zombie, but discovered that the Mogall had a different target in mind: the white rider herself, Aaryn. (Of course he didn't remember her name and had only realized she was above him when the Mogall struck.)

Hayden reached into his jacket and asked, "Hey uh...arrow guy?" he looked at Rakhill and then immediately turned back to Zakai and clarified, "Not you, I mean, other arrow guy. Ya mind covering me, lad?" He pulled out his vulnerary and asked Aaryn up above, "Hey! Do you want some of this?! That didn't look too pleasant for you!"

@Wavebird @theglassangel @RubyRose

[Hayden attacks and misses Z4 from F10]

[Hayden offers to give Aaryn his Vulnerary (3)]

Ava

Kickin' It With: Mordi & Era

proxy.php

Ava had been looking around in the darkness, shivering, wondering if Mordi had died on the way to the village, or perhaps, ditched her and gone into the village by herself. "Mordimort I swear if I die here I will haunt you..." she grumbled to herself before the girl exited the village and returned to the carriage. Ava looked at her with killer anticipation as Mordi revealed the details of this search party. To Ava, it translated as "If we find this search party, we can stay in the village safe and sound and we mostly likely won't get ganked by monsters." A shrewd deal indeed. "I suppose we'll..." Ava gulped nervously and tried to calm herself, to sound collected. "I suppose there's nothing to do but find them then."

When Mordi revealed the energy drop, Ava instantly found herself back to normal. "Ooohh~ My my my my, my~! My dear Mordimort," Ava plucked the vial out of Mordi's grip and and adjusted her glasses as she studied the liquid. "This is dyphenextramedistrol, or more colloquially known as an 'energy drop'. They're quite popular among warriors for enhancing one's natural capabilities. Yes, what a valuable item indeed..." Ava placed the drop carefully back in its bag and placed it in a frontal compartment not dissimilar to a glove box. "Excellent find Mordimort," Ava congratulated the girl with a delicate pat on the head. "I suppose one of our lot can use it but we'd be better off--" before Ava could greedily recommend selling it for a "fair" price, the horses on the carriage became spooked, and as Ava reigned them back in, she found out why.

A hideous screeching winged beast lunged from the sky and missed the horses by this much, but the point of its spear came dreadfully close to Ava and Mordimort. You can guess what happened next. "AIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!" Ava shrieked and whipped the reigns, panting heavily as she drove the carriage to a galaxy far, far away from that village, which was now, in her humble opinion, FUBAR. They left the creature in the darkness and when Ava was back among the safety of the group, or rather, protected by a wall of other potential candidates for the beast to murder, she snapped at Era angrily. "ERA?! What are you doing outside!? Get in here now!" Ava, being the shit chaperon she is, had completely thought Era was in the back of the carriage with the prisoner when she fled to the village earlier.

[Ava moves to F13 and adds the Energy Drop to the inventory]

@Orikanyo @RubyRose

Grieves

Kickin' It With: Vyn, Alexander, & Diana

proxy.php

Grieves nodded to Al proudly. Damn did it feel good having a fighter like him around. Although, he couldn't help but wonder if dividing their strength was a good idea. Whenever chaos ensued, it always seemed as if each servant scrambled to their respective Lord but...what if they combined forces to protect all three at once? But would it truly be wise to trust the others? If it came between Diana's life and Zakai's or Lamont's...the answer is obvious. A reason to every rhyme, then. At any rate, Vyn had managed to spot Diana, potentially as the most influential of the three and the most worthy of his aid. Forming a tight relationship with the elf also meant his soldiers would have Diana's back. "Sir Edvyn, it is an honor to fight alongside you as well. Let us proceed with caution."

Lost in thought, Grieves hadn't noticed the giant floating eyeball sneaking up on the group until it was already next to Diana. He instinctively moved as if to swing her around behind him, but it appeared that she wasn't the one the monster wanted. Grieves met eyes (eye?) with the beast as it sent a wave of dark energy his way, and continued to stare at it as he wondered what exactly it had done. Then he dryly holstered his staff before announcing, "That barely even tickled." So it was true, his suit did have some sort of affinity against magic. It cost an arm and a leg so it was marvelous that it actually worked and the merchant that sold it to him back home hadn't been pulling his leg.

Grieves let go of Diana and told the small party, "I'll take care of this," and stormed toward the eyeball, which appeared to be retreating backward, but not fast enough to avoid Grieves' death punch. He wound up, and punched it directly in the pupil. And as soon as it made contact with his fist, it popped in a mess of guts. Grieves stared at his arm with a disgusted scrunched expression, and gagged a bit as he wiped the mess from his sleeve. Given the position of his body, really only his right side and gotten messy buuut Diana was also pretty close to the splash zone. Grieves didn't even want to look, and so he didn't. "Madam Dusette," he began in a shaky tone, "Please tell me you are...unsullied."

[Grieves moves to K13 and murks the Mogall with a critical hit]

[Grieves won't pick up the Mogall's Tendril]

[Wave I'll leave it up to you how messy, if at all Diana got]

@RubyRose@Wavebird @theglassangel

newworld_al-1-jpg.262677
Alexander- Moves 3 Spaces from J14 to K12 - A Corner Between Diana and Grieves

Al watched as the Elf followed in their movements, moving to stand with himself, Grieves, and their lady. What the pointy eared man said did not make much sense at all to Al, but he held his tongue. This was a fight, it was no place for idle chit chat. All he could do is follow orders and hope that these unnatural living dead things could be put to rest. Grieves answered that question for him when a floating eyeball came out of the darkness. It's attack interested Al and he watched Grieves brush it off as if it were nothing. Were the creatures that weak, or was Grieves that strong? The big man did not know the answer... he'd have to speak to Grieves after the battle. Alexander was on his guard at any rate, ready to fight the creepy eyeball but Grieves beat him to it and with a few impressive moves, the eye was suddenly an explosion of organs. Alexander was impressed to say the least.

He bit his lip hard against a laugh at Grieve's concern for Diana. The woman may have been a lady but she would survive a little filth. She was a strong woman and Al knew better then to cross her in anything. He waited for Diana's response, moving to stand between her and Grieves in case she actually did hold some anger for Grieves. "Grieves," He said in a cheerful tone, slapping the man on the shoulder that was free from the guts, "Well done. It's comforting to know that those things can be destroyed. They'll think twice before coming out of the darkness at us now."

Now on Cell K12

newworld_era-jpg.262678
Era- Moving 2 Spaces from D13 to E12- Next to Lamont

Era's gaze sought out the carriage and saw it a fair distance away, taking up residency in a village. Mordi and Ava should be safe there, and Era would make sure they were just in case. Standing strong next to Lamont the only warning that the carriage was on the move again was the clattering of horse hooves and she watched as it drove right by her. She moved a little closer to it so that Ava could hear her, but stayed dutifully at Lamont's side. At the very least she felt it smarter to stay near the powerful man, but at the very most she would like to prove her worth to him as well as Mordi and Rose, and even Ava.

An angry voice caused Era to look where Ava sat in the driver's seat, demanding she beg back in the carriage. She shook her head in response. "I'll Protect Mordimort." She stated firmly. Her expression was rebellious or even defiant, it was determined to protect her friend. She hoped Ava understood she wasn't disrespecting the woman, she was merely standing up for her friend. Besides, at this point Era hadn't even seen a monster besides the one Lamont had skillfully destroyed. It was okay outside of the carriage for now. "I'll Protect You." Era added, hoping to soothe Ava with the point that Era knew what she was doing. She was protecting her friends.

Now on Cell E12

@Orikanyo @theglassangel @SirBlazeALot

Rak_Post.jpg
Rakhill

Cell: E11 > F11

Targeting: MG1

”Let's not end up like that... I'll make sure of it Rakhill!”

”I second you on that, Aaryn! I promise no harm will come our way.”

Aaryn's precense and her encouraging words certainly made Rakhill a bit braver than he already was. The sight of the shimmering scales of the wyvern, and the silvery strands of hair on the rider was a impressive view to behild in the otherwise dark and gloomy forest. (And it most certainly helped him get his mind off whatever dumb crap about cute zombies and who was killing them, that was flowing from Hayden's mouth.)

But as the irony of fate would have it, the events to come in the very next moment made sure to put a right crack in Rakhill's promise to Aaryn. From the darkness appeared a most disguisting creature and fired a dark pulse of energy at the wyvern rider.

Rakhill had been dumb enough to let himself get distracted by Aaryn, and thus was to slow to react

when the Mogall came slithering about. Better late than never!

”And off you go...” Said the archer, moved into position and fired an arrow aimed at the floating eyeball (MG1).

[Rakhill moves from E11 to F11 and lands a hit on MG1!]

@SirBlazeALot @theglassangel

firdith.jpg
Fridith

Cell: W6 > X9

Targeting: GG2

After having defeated her enemy, Fridith was suddenly covered in it's blood and gooey intestines, The very odour of it all was horrid, and even more so the feel of the warm blood and fleshy stuff to her skin. Why me.... But from down below she heard one of the men cheer for her, and calling her recent action 'fucking beautiful', all the while the other called her formidable, so at least that was something.

Fridith pulled back the reins and made Fjalar do a hard turn in order to return to the others. Even from up her did she hear how Eydis wanted to continue onward, and how the... not green one... one of the two men offered to accompany them through the woods. But before Fridith could comment on the matter more foes appeard! A shadow on the ground heading for the archer, and another one swooping down from the air above Eydis. Fridith made a quick decision and decided to take aim on the flying one, intercepting it in hopes to defeat it before it could do more damage to the troubadour.

”Pests everywhere! Begone!” She shouted as she lunged her already bloodied lance toward GG2.

[Fridith moves from W6 to X9 and lands a hit on GG2!]

@SirBlazeALot @Pretzel Heart @theglassangel

Diana_Post.jpg
Diana

Cell: J12 > K10

Interacting with: Edvyn, Grieves, Alexander

Diana smiled at Edvyn as he seemingly explained why he was tagging along. If he wanted to monitor what they were doing that was fine. Besides, with him – the tactical genious of the Wyndan Resistance – by her side too, what could possibly go wrong? This, along with Al and Grieves keeping their spirits hight gave a great deal of confidence to Diana as she continued to carefully thread forward.

Diana was just about to second her butler on the bit about being an honour fighting alongside Edvyn when suddenly... Zwoosh! Swisch! Ka-twang! Splat! Squish! Blurrrsh! Oh bullocks... One Mogall later, and Diana was all covered in slithery goo and icky slime! Surprised, of course, by the sudden burst of mogall organs Diana stumbled a few steps backward and into a thick patch of juniper bushes, before she finally got rid of most of the disguisting entrails.

”What in the name off... UNSULLIED!? I'm covered from top to toe in... in... THIS BLOODY MESS!” Diana was clearly angry with the situation, but she was also happy that the monster had been so quickly slewn. Collecting herself for a bit, she suddenly started laughing and added.

”A job well done my dear Grieves! Don't hold back, no matter how messy it gets! What do I care, you're the one doing the laundry anyway!”

Diana moves from J12 to K10.

@SirBlazeALot @RubyRose @theglassangel (And sort of @Orikanyo, because Cal'vina is really close now! :D )

Vilma_Post.jpg
Vilhelmina

Targeting: Z1

”BLOODY ASHES!

Vilhelmina heard Zakai curse from behind her. It filled her with panic, for she didn't want to fail Zakai yet again. ”I'm not letting them touch you this time around, mi'lord! Just hold on!” Speeding things up, Vilma managed to nimbly dodge the incoming claws of the drooling zombie, side-stepping and pushing the wretched thing aside in order to space herself well enough to strike it hard and true again. She rammed her sword through the belly of the rotting corpse, winding up face to face with it. The monster squirmed and bloody saliva started pouring from between it's greenish-gray rotted teeth.

For a moment it seemed like the zombie was going to last long enough to get back at Vilhelmina, but suddenly Zakai's arrow planted itself in one of the eyesockets of the zombie, making it fall backwards and allowing for Vilhelmina to use it's fall to draw her blade out from it's stinking belly.

”Mi'lord, are you alright?!”

She turned around to face Zakai, quickly spotting another zombie that had already made it's way all to close to the young prince.

[Vilhelmina remains stationary and lands a hit on Z1! No Critical, but Bash hits! She will Assist Zakai, but not Block! Also, Zakai Assisted her attack!]

@RubyRose @SirBlazeALot

Eydis Dione Artemesia

With: Fridith, Lirim, and Roth
Using Elixir (2/3 remain), Magelight 2/5 turns

Like a biting wind a cold shape suddenly emerged from the darkness, and before Eydis could register what was going on or have time to draw Urha deeper into the safety of the trees, the shrill tang of metal suddenly pierced her side. Taken completey by surprise, the Troubadour forgot to make a sound. It was all she could manage just to stare dumbly down at the lance withdrawing from her body, leaving a strangely neat wound from which a slowly building trickle of crimson began to fall.

Instinctively Eydis's free hand, which had still been hovering uselessly near her explosives, moved to the wound. As if it would help. Instead, fingers just became coated in dark, sticky red perfumed by a sweet, familiar scent.

And pain.

The mounted stranger began to speak, something about flowers, but the words span in Eydis's head, a centrifuge whirring around the agony in her side. She wasn't used to this kind of heavy damage, and her body was so frail---

Something about blossoms in the desert, pink and gold...

Lovely images began to swirl in the Troubadour's mind.

He said he would help them...

Fridith was going to need help...

Shaking her head, Eydis drew her scattering focus to the pouch on her belt where she kept elixirs for just this type of emergency. Though Ord had blessed her with unexpected skill in the healing arts, the magic never quite worked on oneself. The healer was a true martyr.

Still shocked by the scarlet leaking down rose-colored cloth and silver plates, shaking hands managed to bring the vial to her lips. The pain was starting to register full-force, spreading from the wound like electric impulses from a shock. But as the last of the cooling liquid poured through her lips Eydis merely shut her eyes. It would take a few moments to circulate through her body, but she would heal.

In the meantime, she tried to sharpen her pooling mind, reaching to the easiest image to grasp. Ord. He had allowed her to be attacked by such a strange and foul beast...was it punishment for her hesitation in accepting the strangers? Was she being ungrateful when He had sent her woeful party aid?

At least the males could take care of themselves, dispatching of a zombie and a bone walker while Eydis recovered. Fridith, of course, followed suit. All of them were so capable....

Wait...gargoyle...a bone walker?

Though she had never seen such nightmarish creatures up close, she had stared at carefully painted illuminations detailing their bodies and Ordless activities on the tomes kept in the church's library. It was strange to see so many different creatures gathered all at once, attacking them so savagely. What would a mogall have to gain by teaming up with a bone walker? And then the answer came.

"N-Necromancer. I believe these fiends are being summoned by a Necromancer. B-By Ord's Will..." she took a deep breath to help steady her voice as the elixir finally began to soothe, "we must destroy it."

Pretty big talk for the one member of the makeshift party that couldn't destroy anything, but a new wave of hate had toppled over any of the small misgivings Eydis had been stumped by before. Necromancers were among most disgusting things she could think of, and if it meant teaming up with unlikely allies in order to take one down, she wasn't going to hesitate. Besides, Necromancers meant danger for everyone. If they let it go, it could come back to haunt them all later. Literally.

It must have been Ord's will that led us on this path. He brought Fridith and I together, and now he has united us with these strangers.

Though Eydis still wasn't convinced that the two males were on the right side of Ord, at least taking down a Necromancer would be one huge step on the road to redemption. Maybe she could even use the experience to bring in two more souls into the angelic fold.

Last edited:
Zakai- Fremaining on F09- Partnered with Vilhelmina, Targetting Z4

The 'Neverminds' mentioned by their guide struck Zakai hard... or well, the one directed at him did. He was supposed to be an amazing archer and he hadn't even come close to hitting that target. Zakai gave Hayden an expression very much of a kicked dog and shook his head, his lord training falling through as dejection for his failure set in. "I may be frazzled. I don't know what's wrong with me today." He said, still upset with his mistake. He was unable to reach his zen, his mind was in chaos. He was out of focus... Then Vilma was stating they wouldn't touch him and striking against the zombie and Zakai was lifting his bow and following up her attack with an arrow of his own. The sound of it sinking into the decayed flesh sent a wave of relief through him.

Zakai stopped paying attention to Hayden when Vilhelmina asked if he was alright. "Physically I am well." Zakai said, not noticing the zombie so near him until the stench hit him. It had probably tried to attack him earlier and he had been oblivious to it, so lost in thought as he was. Reckless and Impulsive were usually traits of his but... first time killing another human being had him completely off kilter. The zombie was too close to attack with a bow so Zakai slung his bow over his shoulder and slid his bronze sword from it's sheath to swipe at the zombie. His beautiful body guard followed it up wonderfully with an attack of her own, causing Zakai to grin at her. "You are still a heaven send, Vilhelmina. I am sure we will make it through this battle fine, especially with our guide and a few of the rebellious natives on our side." He said, trying to drag back his optimistic outlook. Maybe if he could refind his optimism, he could refind his balance and reach Zen for fighting again.

Attacking Z4 with a Sword

Partnered with Vilhelmina

On Cell F09

LAMONT BASILO

interacting with: Era, Rosa and my man Z4

"Don't look Rosa, stay with me and the others... we shall tend to him when we are clear of danger... Mother take his soul." he spoke softly as he was now reached by Era, the most cutest charge that has ever been under his wing. She... is defending him? Oh... goddess... it took every single strand of willpower he had left to not hug this little sweetheart. he should get her a treat later.. or maybe let Rosa give her all the treats she was intending to, wait, the rations.

"Era, please take one of those rations, we shall be long into this night before we sit down and rest, fill your tummy okay? I shall go ahead so that we may see farther into the night... and clear out any riffraff on the way." in the last part of his words he began to smile to himself, more then for others... he felt almost wicked thinking of slaying these beasts... but it was for the purifying will of the goddess, why else would he strike them down?

Zombies, though dull, were surprisingly hard to hit, it was the way they swayed in their shambling about, they weren't quite strong as you would expect of a rotted corpse.. but they were an issue for unarmored types like himself. Best he switched to lightning to finish off that wretched thing.

lamont targets Z4

[dice]23244[/dice]

115 - 45 = 70%

5-5 = 0%

Grey = 25%

Lamont hits with lightning, decides grey is not worth it apparently.

Moving forwards he pulled the book out of his bag, the pages flip effortlessly as the magical energy charges before him, when he reaches a spot he is within range, he fires the bolt of white lightning, piercing the beast with ease.

"Child's play, almost think it would have been better to let Era end it... alas, hopefully she will never have to fight these things."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Small update for Mordimort.

"Eh!? Do you think it's worth alot of mone- OH GODDESS GO GO GO!" the young woman shouted as the creature started to come towards them, freaking out JUST as much as Ava did really. if seems the young lady would not be joining the others within this battle. Or atleast, until something came in range of the carriage... it was her job to protect it you know!

"..So.. umm... how much is it worth anyways?"

@theglassangel @SirBlazeALot @RubyRose

Roth

The monsters were trying to swarm them. The soulless beasts wanted nothing but to needlessly tear them apart, and Roth was forced to question his ideals. Orcs, the disgusting abominations that they were, destroyed property and families...but at least they ate all that they triumphed over. What were the undead after? Soulless thralls with no other intent but to kill for their master with no foreseeable benefit on their end... Have I been shortsighted? Monsters come in many forms, but Roth couldn't shake the feeling that there was an astonishingly similar parallel between necromancers and the undead and the Emperor and the Alliance.

No matter though, now wasn't the time for deep introspection. The healer had been hurt, and lady on the flying horse was going ham on the gargoyle. The lady who couldn't take compliments had actually been wounded by the beast and she fled from it. Such were the tribulations of a dedicated medic. "Stay close to us, wench!" Roth spat, stepping in front of the healer to make sure no more harm came her way. From his position in the trees, Roth advised Lirim, "Focus on the winged one brother," and tossed his lance into the throat of the zombie harassing his arching companion. The javelin landed straight in the zombie's throat, and you'd think that'd be enough to stop a bitch, but nah. Luckily, this thing was slow, so Roth ran up to retrieve his spear, gripped the handle and kicked the zombie away as he withdrew the weapon from it's trachea. It stumbled backward before returning to Eydis. "I've got the ugly bastard this time," he bragged, before chucking his mighty javelin and missing the zombie by this much. "Fuck!" he roared in anger. Roth turned to the healer and warned her in a low voice, "You saw nothing, wench. Stay here!" And went to retrieve his lance again. There. I explained why he's not just pulling javelins out of his butthole like a GTA character and why he won't be around to block for Eydis if some shit goes down.

[Roth stays stationary and attacks Z2. He hits the first time, but not the second]

Rose & Aaryn

Interacting with: Era, Lamont, Hayden and Rakhill, with themselves too

54facae8b173363b0084656f63054777.jpg
Rose sniffled, nodding as she tried to avoid looking at both Lamont and the poor swordsman. No one hated looking at corpses more than Rosa did. Taking a deep breath and allowing herself to regain her composure, she took a ration and handed one to the small child. "Look, Era, my Lord has offered you some food~ Take it, for it's delicious and very good for you!" Rose chirped. The maiden knew of the way men got when they're in battle, and even her precious Lord was no exception. Knowing there was nothing she could really do about it, and it was for her own sake, she decided the wisest thing to do was look away. As Lamont went off to fight the poor monster, the emerald eyed woman saw another approaching the intimidating wyvern rider.

lusciousnet_4544af80ecc09580f36efe7_1435627916.315x0.jpg
"Argh!" Aaryn screamed and cried out in pain. Disgusting creature... She thought. Magic was always a weakness of her's, despite being raised by one of the most magic-resistant groups. The silver haired woman had always hated herself for it, but there was nothing she really could do... At least she did bring physical damage as well as a fast wyvern, who knows where she would've been if not for Bronwyn... Still, it was a blow to her ego that she had been hurt by such a disgusting creature, not even minding the fluids that exited the Mogall. "Hey! Do you want some of this?! That didn't look too pleasant for you!" A concerned maid approached the woman, interrupting Hayden and Aaryn. "Wait!" Rose exclaimed. "Don't waste your vulneraries, I have just the thing..." Touching the wyvern rider, she closed her eyes and let the healing magic from the stave heal her wounds. Aaryn exhaled, feeling much... lighter.

"Thank you, kind maid. I am Aaryn." She nodded. Rose's eyes lit up. "Rosalia Rotavelle of Palenia, you can call me Rose~" The petite woman curtsied, and kissed her knuckle. As Aaryn glanced gratefully at Hayden for at least offering, her icy gaze lingered on Rakhill, who had just so graciously killed the Mogall for her. Thank you, Rakhill. "Allow my Lord and I to protect you~" She joined along for the journey to... wherever they were going.

[Rose moved to E8 has healed Aaryn]

[Aaryn has moved to E7 and is healed]

@RubyRose @Orikanyo @Wavebird @SirBlazeALot

Vyn

Interacting with: Diana, Greives, Alex, villagers (Fran, Brendan, Ulysses), Cal'vina & Sticks

3-9_sl7udws.jpg
"Appreciated, Sir." He nodded briskly and watched with piercing green eyes as Grieves killed the monster rather efficiently, swiftly moving away cautiously before anything seemed to hit him. A tactition couldn't look bad without his leader, not that he The darkness faded away from what Vyn could see. From what Vyn could tell from his many lessons and days holed up underground, such diversity of unholy monsters that weren't native to the Whispering Woods that the elf frequented so very often was quite suspicious. Was it something controlling or luring the monsters to this place? Or... was it..? Edvyn's insatiable curiosity needed to know. "A necromancer... someone else is lurking in the darkness. Mogalls, zombies and bonewalkers. Ugh, victory never comes easily..." Vyn growled to no one in particular. He tended to do that quite a bit when left to his own intellectual devices. Normally after that, his gut takes over as he was filled with a burst of fearlessness that allowed him access into the darkness.

Mountains, but they didn't seem to be very high to the point where he couldn't see past them. Potential recruits. Necromancers looked more... untamed, like they hadn't seen the sunlight since five summers past. These people definitely weren't it. "Good villagers! Would you like some aid?" He called out. Edvyn felt that crossing the mountain with darkness in between him to limit his movement wouldn't be the wisest decision as he called out. From what he could tell... they looked nice, right?

[Edvyn befriended the villagers and Cal'vina]

@Wavebird @SirBlazeALot @RubyRose @Orikanyo

Lirim

Interacting with: Roth, Fridith and Eydis

300px-Caesar1.jpg
Lirim's skin seemed to crawl in sympathy as Eydis seemed to take that hit rather hard. "N-Necromancer. I believe these fiends are being summoned by a Necromancer. B-By Ord's Will... we must destroy it." A necromancer? "You might be correct, my flower. I feel an unholy energy." Baels were much different, sure they were dangerous, but the archer never felt a deep pit in his stomach as if there was more to the situation. He had never stuck around a specific area or arrived in the right time to see a necromancer in action. Perhaps that was a good thing. He had heard terrible things about necromancers, summoning such foul creatures and sacrificing their souls and freedom...

"Focus on the winged one brother," Lirim attempted to gave her a reassuring look but his gaze returned to his friend, nodding along to his solid advice. He hid near the trees, shooting the gargoyle twice. He had noticed Roth missing the zombie just by a few centimeters, as he laughed. Not as loud, this time around. A guy needs to be careful around necromancers. "My brother, you truly are an entertaining spectacle... perhaps I must retract my compliment on your talents?~" He asked, meaning nothing too offensive.

[Lirim hit the gargoyle twice!]

@SirBlazeALot @Wavebird @Pretzel Heart

ENEMY PHASE

The rattling of bones, the shuffling of feet, and the flapping of wings can be heard in the darkness as the creatures of the night reveal themselves to our heroes...

latest
1394.gif
latest
latest

[GG1 moves to cell D12 and attacks Era and misses]

[GG3 moves to cell D7 and attacks Rose. The hit lands for 17.5 damage.]

[GG5 moves to cell F7 and attacks Vilhelmina. The hit lands for 7.5 damage.]

[MG5 moves to I10 and attacks Diana. The hit lands for 10 damage.]

[MG7 moves to V9 and attacks Roth and misses]

[MG4 moves to U5 and attacks Eydis. The hit lands for 10 damage.]

[GG6 moves to Y10 and attacks Fridth. The hit lands for 7.5 damage]

[MG6 moves to R13 and attacks Cal'vina. The hit lands for 20 damage]

[GG4 moves to Q14 and attacks V2 (Brendan). The hit lands for 17.5 damage.]

[Z2 stays stationary and attacks Lirim and misses]

@Wavebird @RubyRose @Pretzel Heart @theglassangel @Orikanyo

OTHER PHASE

Villagers (From left to right: Fran[V3(O12->R12)], Brendan[V2(P14->N12)], Ulysses[V1(O13->O9)])

Kickin' It With: Cal'vina & Sticks, Vyn

"Nice move Cal'vina!" Fran complimented the salesman as the zombie slumped against the tree, dead once more. Then, there was a voice over the hills. "Good villagers! Would you like some aid?" Brendan sighed and brushed sweat off of his forehead. "Ord almighty, thank you." The young man cupped his hands over his mouth and shouted into the darkness, "Would we ever!! Could you perhaps escort us back to our home?!" But the old man had other plans "No! We have to find Kristen!" Ulysses still had a one track mind it would appear. "We must find her, now!"

Brendan shook his head and sputtered, "I'm sorry Ulysses but she's on her own! She's a smart girl, she probably came home while we were out! If we don't get back to the village we'll die out here! S-Something's not right...ugh...I don't feel so good..." the longer Brendan stared at the zombie, the more he wanted to hurl. Unfortunately, something worse than hurling awaited him in the shadows. A gargoyle swooped downward and plunged its spear into his shoulder. The blade ripped upward as the Gargoyle ascended. "GgaaAARGH!" Brendan clutched his shoulder immediately, and almost pissed himself a little bit from the searing pain. Without a second thought, he fled toward the voice over the hills. As he ran, he popped open a vulnerary salve that they'd all been smart enough to bring along with them.

Meanwhile, a Mogall appeared out of the darkness and fired a volley of dark energy at Cal'vina. Ulysses could apparently give a rat's ass, because he ran straight forward, disappearing into the darkness calling, "Kristen!" Fran cursed under breath, "Shit..." and flipped her blade in her hand. "Get the old man, Cal, he's lost it! I've got the eyesore..." she shot a look at the merchant and grinned. "See what I did there?" she asked with a raised eyebrow before dashing off to take care of the Mogall. "Monsters and man be damned, no one survives a blow from LADY FRAN!" the warrior cried as she spun into her swing, slicing the Mogall clean in half.

[Fran moves to R12 and attacks MG6. She lands a CRIT and does 90 damage. She murdered that shit son. Somebody get this girl a Resistance application.]

[ulysses moves to O9]

[brendan moves to N12 and uses a vulnerary to heal back up to full health.]

@Orikanyo @theglassangel

Cal'vina, professional baby sitter.

Hanging with: Ulyesses

"Gah, damn your... eye!" he spat at the Mogal before it was promptly... well.. dealt with by Fran, his couragous knight! "Well done my dear, but it seems the chickens have flown the coop, call if you need asistance, i shall go attend to the eldest one of us." he rushed forwards to join the old man up ahead, quite unhappy he decided to scamper off like an... a...

Well he didn't have a simile right now but he'd do better next time around.

"Rushing off into the woods is a sure fire way to end your life,you cannot help that girl if you are dead yourself!' he warned as his hand reached for his axe, they were nearing the wood's center... if they weren't careful they could be surrounded on all sides!

That said, best he remembered to cure his own wounds before they became more then they are, taking from his pouch his emergency vulnerary he doused the wound with the concoction, the medicine could be used by drinking or putting it on the wound.. he prefered this way because it circumvents the whole "it tastes terrible" fact.

"Where oh where could that little sprout be... We should be in the middle of the woods right now, wither way we go, we best keep together... Perhaps grabbing fran before we hunt around would be prudent."

PLAYER PHASE

Hayden

Kickin' It With: Rose, Vilhelmina, and Aaryn

proxy.php

Hayden flipped the vulnerary in his palm and shoved it in his pocket as Rose showed up. "Perfect timing~" he chirped, catching Aaryn's name after the maid healed her. However, he quickly expelled it from his mind purposefully with thoughts of Haljorn and that volcano down in Aquano. He was bit disgusted at himself for even considering to hand off the medicine actually. It definitely would have come in handy eventually once he ditched the royals. Not like they needed him anymore anyway. He'd already served his purpose to them as being a bridge between Satrella and Neth (we saw how well that worked out) and now that Vyn and his people were here, they didn't need him as a guide. To top it off, he wasn't royal and his identity was well known to the higher ups of the Empire. They had no reason to hunt him down other than to be cruel...which...can't really be put past them at this point. Hayden's perpetual smile disappeared as he pondered why he'd even offered the medicine to begin with and his stomach sank because the answer was quite obvious.

The monsters just kept coming out of the darkness, as if there were unlimited amounts. As soon as they cleared one wave, another would appear. With everyone so caught up in the fighting, Hayden wondered if it would be possible to slip away unnoticed under the cover of darkness. No one would ever notice. Hayden began to back away, still looking uncharacteristically perplexed. Just when he was ready to leave, he spotted a Gargoyle attacking Vilhelmina, and though it didn't look like anything serious, he felt a tinge of guilt in his heart. Without thinking he fired away at it, missing initially as the winged beast flapped about. Becoming angry, he tried again, this time hitting his mark, but the beast was resilient. "Why do I even bother?!" he yelled at himself out loud.

He turned around and away from the fight, clenching his fists by his side. Hayden stared at the ground blankly, muttering to himself, "Don't get trapped, don't get trapped, don't let them trap you." He sighed and looked up, smile back in place. But when he looked up, he cocked his head as he spotted a cloaked figure in the darkness. Unlike the others it was far more human and yet...the monsters weren't attacking it. Hayden smirked and pointed at the figure. "I seeee yoooou~"

[Hayden moves to H7 and attacks GG5 for 20 Damage]

@Wavebird @theglassangel

Ava

Kickin' It With: Mordi, Vyn, Alexander, & Brendan I guess lol

proxy.php

Era reminded Ava why she hated children so much. "I'll Protect Mordimort." She scoffed from her seat, shaking her head. Kids, so over confident, always thinking they know best when they actually know nothing at all. Era wasn't her biological child but she still felt the need to go all mom mode, more out of force of habit than actual feelings toward the child. "The carriage will protect Mordimort, and you!" she shot back at the child. But then the Vicar showed up and after his display of compassion, Ava no longer felt a need to look after the boy. "Fine, do as you please!"

"...So... umm... how much is it worth anyways?" asked Mordimort. Ava looked over at her passenger, spirits instantly lifted by talk of money. "Weeeeell," Ava started, smiling from ear to ear. "That depends on the salesman! Or in this case, saleswoman! I wager if I find the right buyer, I can sell it for, ohhhh~" Ava paused and looked at her nails for dramatic effect before raising an eyebrow at Mordimort saying in a low, fake humble voice, "...5000 gold."

"Good villagers! Would you like some aid?" Ava's ears perked up at the sound of Vyn's voice. "Villagers..." she mumbled, adding, "That must be the search party." Looking ahead she could spot Vyn, the Senator, and her big strong bodyguards. Oh thank the Gods, the ironically faithless woman thought to herself. If there was anyone she could rely on, it was the pragmatic people of her homeland. Ava whipped the reigns and traveled in their direction. Along the way, she thought she heard the carriage doors opening and closing but she was focused on the task at hand. Probably just Era changing his mind.

"Good evening gentlemen," Ava greeted Vyn, Grieves, and Alexander as she passed them, and rather confidently as well. "Edvyn dear, I heard you calling out to mere citizens! I can provide safe transport for the poor, helpless souls that wander through the night if some of you brilliant warriors can offer your talents to aid me~?" she asked, hoping to sucker the men into helping her find the rest of the villagers, because she knew the sod in the stupid hat (she's one to talk) couldn't have been the only member of the search party. Speaking of the poor sod in the stupid hat, Ava waved to the man as he came bumbling through the darkness. "Yoo hoo~! Over here, sir! We'll get you home safe and sound and you can get that wound properly looked at!"

[Ava moves to M11]

@Orikanyo @RubyRose

Grieves

Kickin' It With: Alexander, Diana, Ava & Lamont

proxy.php

"Grieves," Grieves felt a hand on his shoulder, and he could tell Alexander was about to provide him with an accolade but Alexander was not the one who may or may not be covered in Mogall guts. "Well done. It's comforting to know that those things can be destroyed. They'll think twice before coming out of the darkness at us now." Right on cue. And even though Al clearly had the bigger picture in mind, it did nothing to soothe Grieves in the slightest. All it did was make him gulp nervously and pray to The All that he hadn't done what he already truly knew in his heart he had. And the voice behind him...the one he'd been waiting for, the one that really counted...that was the one that made him wince. ”What in the name off... UNSULLIED!? I'm covered from top to toe in... in... THIS BLOODY MESS!” Diana's dissatisfaction with his performance stung more than a blade to the gut.

Grieves immediately turned around and bowed very very low, like practically at a ninety degree angle. "Madam, words cannot express how--" Grieves looked up when he heard his lady laughing. ”A job well done my dear Grieves! Don't hold back, no matter how messy it gets! What do I care, you're the one doing the laundry anyway!” Grieves cocked his head to the side, at a loss for words despite the fact he had been carefully constructing his apology the minute the Mogall exploded. "Uh..." he stuttered, and lowered his head once more. "I am truly sorry Madam. I will not repeat the same mistake."

A lot happened around him after that. Vyn called out into the darkness and for a moment Grieves had thought the Elf had lost it until he heard a voice call back. Shortly after, Ava had shown up, asking for help with rescuing said villagers, but quite honestly, Grieves could give less than two fucks about the villagers. He didn't live in this nation, and he wasn't hired to protect them. He was hired to protect Diana, so that was who he followed. Especially since there was another one of those grotesque giant eyes attacking her. It actually managed to land a hit and Grieves was pretty sure Diana's clothes weren't lined with the same magically resistant threads his suit was.

Sprinting in front of her, directly in front of her this time, he grunted as he threw two punches into the eyeball. And this time, he knew better. He used his body to shield Diana from the incoming guts, and his larger stature proved quite effective in doing so. However, there were two downsides. Grieves was now pretty much covered in Mogall guts and Lamont was on the other side of that Mogall. Oh Gods.

[Grieves moves to J10 and kills MG5]

@RubyRose@Wavebird @theglassangel @Orikanyo (again, Ori, I'll let you decide how dirty Lamont got.

Shaman

Kickin' It With: A bunch of monsters

fZ4UxGW.jpg

The summoning wasn't going as intended. Granted, it was her first time, and that was to be expected according to the books, but it also could have gone a lot worse. A lot of first timers were killed by their own thralls. But here she stood, surrounded by unholy beasts guarding her like lions. Deep down it felt wrong, so very wrong but...the power coursing through her...it was even greater than she ever could have imagined. And these were only lower beings.

But something had happened. Or not something, multiple somethings. Ever since she heard the distant call to take up arms she knew she'd made a mistake. It was too late to turn back now though. She could only hope that the Undead did their jobs now...and hopefully didn't hurt anything that didn't deserve it. She listened fearfully from the trees, hood draped over her eyes carefully to make sure she couldn't be recognized by whoever was fighting her Undead army. Worst case scenario, they were Tarosians, and she'd be executed on the spot. That thought became far more intense when she heard a voice nearby that was far too close for comfort. "I seeee yoooou~"

Rak_Post.jpg
Rakhill

Cell: F11 > E11

Targeting: GG1

Rakhill was sprinting through the forest, quickly leaping over huge roots and wet, mossy rocks beneath the dark cover of trees. He was going to assist Aaryn, like they had planned. He could see her further ahead, her silver hair and bleach wyvern appearing as almost shining against the murky silhouette of the forest. Rakhill had to hurry, for Aaryn was currently being attacked by a gargoyle, if only he could get there he would quickly end the life of the monster with an arrow.

But he didn't get far before another gargoyle appeared in the corner of his eye. This one was terrorizing Era, the young... boy? girl? Rakhill didn't know for sure. At the moment it appeared as if Era was able to stay away from the claws of the winged abomination, but was she really going to make it on her own? Rakhill looked once more toward Aaryn and sighed.

He would never forgive himself if something happened to Aaryn, but then again, Aaryn would never forgive him if he chose to abandon Era only to save her. Trusting that the wyvern rider could hold her own against the gargoyle, Rakhill stopped his sprint and aimed for the gargoyle that was attacking Era, sinking two arrows into it.

”Era, are you ok?!”

[Rakhill moves from F11 to D10 and lands two super effective hits on GG1!]

@RubyRose @SirBlazeALot @theglassangel

Vilma_Post.jpg
Vilhelmina

Targeting: GG5

Working together with her Lord and charge to take down the horrific enemies really gave Vilhelmina courage. But when their eyes met and Zakai called her a heaven send she couldn't but feel flattered. Suddenly smiling, she let her gaze remain upon Zakai for a while. But just as she was about to respond, she was painfully reminded that they were still in the midst of an ongoing battle. A winged monster came swooping down on her from above and Vilma wasn't able to properly dodge the incoming javelin. It struck her and warm blood started oozing out from the cut that was made.

”Why do I even bother?”

It was Hayden who complained as his magic spells didn't hit said gargoyle. Vilhelmina too did feel the disappointment that Hayden probably also felt. For she too was unable to keep up with the quick and dodgey gargoyle as it flew up among the branches and disappeared from her view.

”Blasted beast! Can you get a true shot, Mi'lord? Do you still see it?” She said, in hopes that at least the skilled archer could handle their fleeting foe.

[Vilma remains stationary misses her attack against GG5!]

@RubyRose @SirBlazeALot

Diana_Post.jpg
Diana

Cell: J10 > J8

Targeting: Z5

Diana tried not to laugh at Grieves when he, too, was covered in the disguisting mess that was the unavoidable result of popping a mogall. It was a nice gesture of him to block the incoming guts and intestines from coming her way, and sure truly adored him for it. Though, for some reason it was also very humorous to her otherwise proper butler so completely covered in slime and yuck.

During the whole exploding mogall deal, she had managed to spy a hooded person i robes, not far away from were they now stood. The necromancer Vyn mentioned? Let's kill her bodyguard and then speak some sense to that wicked witch...

Diana stepped up to Grieves, and put a hand on his shoulder. ”Tyson, I will have you know that no one could ever ask for a better butler. I owe you big time already. But sadly I have to put you in bigger peril already, I trust it you have my back.” She said with slight smile on her face and with thankfulness in her eyes. Then turned her heel and started running toward the zombie that was next to what she believed to be the necromancer.

”Necromancer! Call back your filthy thralls or consider your life forfeit!”

Her plan was to put a quick end to the zombie and then face the necromancer, perhaps use her having just offed the zombie as leverage to get the upper hand in whatever conversation was going to unfold... But no. Things didn't play out as she had imagined, not even by a long shot. The stick in the wheel was the bloody zombie. It wasn't limping! It was nimble as a ferret, dodging both of Diana's attacks is if it wasn't even trying. Or was it just the smell of mogall gut's that made Diana slow?

Realising that she was now in very grave danger there was only one word Diana could possibly say:

Fuck...

[Diana moves from J10 to J8 and misses both her attacks against Z5.]

@SirBlazeALot

firdith.jpg
Fridith

Cell: X9 > Y9

Targeting: GG6

She had put a spear through the winged beast, but yet it didn't give in! It only looked all the more angry, snarled and raised the javelin it held in it's long clawed fingers. Soon Fridith was going to get a taste of her own medicine!

Luckily, the mounted archer had her back. What seemed like two perfect shots made sure the Gargoyle was no more. ”Nice shoots, archer! If only your greenish friend had an aim as true as that we'd be done by now. Let's vanquish these foes and set out to destroy the necromanc-... Argh!”

Apparently there were new monstrosities popping up in each and every corner of the forest right now. And Fridith who had hoped for them to be clear to push onward anytime soon was clearly proven wrong when the sharp head of a javelin hit her left arm at the same time as two more mogalls appeared in her view. One of them on the rocks above Eidys.

”Eydis, beware, there is one on the rocks above you!” Fridith shouted to warn the troubadour. It was all she could do at the moment, for she had to destroy her own attacker first or she'd lose track of the quick, winged, beast. Fjalar's strong wings promptly propelled them towards the trees in which the gargoyle seemed to be hiding, and Fridith was ready to strike.

[Fridith moves from X9 to Y9 and lands two attacks on GG6.]

@SirBlazeALot @theglassangel @Pretzel Heart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back