• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~Magicborne~

SkyGinge

Sad Shroom

d842e43feb9347aeb17572ab33bb34f1.jpg

Millennia ago, or so says tradition, the world was formed out of the perfect magic of The First Magician, who established the laws and systems behind the world and crafted landscapes and life in which to fill it. But those days have long passed, and the secret to pure magic has disappeared into oblivion, along with the First Magician himself. Mankind is born with the potential for magic inside them, but every exertion of magic is tinged with natural corruption. Put simply, magic is broken, and whilst it offers extreme power to those who pursue its whims, its consequences are increasingly dire both for the magician and for the foundations of the world itself.

In the present day, the fabric of magic, once pristine and ordered, finds itself tattered and chaotic, with the very laws of the universe fraying at the edges. A town is build sideways on a sheer chasm face. The dead come back to life. Fortunes and luck are very much real, scientifically explainable phenomenon. Magic is commonplace in the lives of all, albeit in cautious moderation. Meanwhile, the natural disorder is mirrored in political disorder, as two kingdoms are caught in the deadlock of war. King Auxis of Nortalis believes the Meridanian ruler, Lekheyr Chalach, to be behind a curse tainting the souls of his people, and will stop at nothing to destroy him to free his people. The battlefields are ablaze with magic and chaos.

Nineteen years ago, something peculiar happened; every pregnancy in the secluded Nortalian town of Bordissa resulted in the birth of twins. Far from the brutality of the border battles, these young people have so far enjoyed a life of rural solace. But when one twin from every pair disappears overnight, the remaining twins find themselves thrust from their country comfort into a web of deceit, where corruption and dark secrets lie at every turn. As they desperately search for their missing siblings, they find themselves as central figures within a dangerous scheme far beyond their comprehension, a multi-faceted plot which questions the very nature of evil itself.

The world's balance lies in the hands of our young heroes. Will you join the adventure?

1450951-bigthumbnail.jpg

The Story Has Begun...

Last edited:

~Prologue~

Cordelius Fugal was going to die; it was only a matter of time.

In those moments of inevitable paranoia, he'd presumed this was where they'd find him, alone and at his most vulnerable. He now considered his sentimentality one of his greatest traits, and it would be the most fitting cause of his downfall. When Cistea has died the previous year, the town had buried her in a graveyard some half-an-hour's hobble from Bordissa itself, and though he was concerned he couldn't say no. Now the townsfolk doted on him like the fragile relic he was, and his house was barely freed from the constant bustle of friendly faces insufferably offering their support and care, and though he was desperate for solitude he couldn't say no. He'd never been able to say no, his greatest flaw.

Out of the corner of his eye, he watched hooded figures approach through the forestry. The old man closed his eyes and clenched his fist. An intangible pinkish mist steamed from his hand. The great old oak that loomed over the graves swayed stoically in the breeze.

At once there was a sudden crack from the overhanging bough; one of the figures aimed his bow and fired. The branch tumbled and hit the incoming arrow, deflecting its angle to embed it in the gravestone in front of him, darting right between his legs.

"You just shot my wife," Cordelius said.

"Next time it'll be you."

Footsteps behind him trampled through thick grass. There was no point in counting them - he'd contemplated becoming Oraculae in his exile, but in this case he didn't require a prophesy to know what was about to happen to him. At last the old man turned, his head bald and wrinkled like a fossilized egg, his brow heavy over solemn grey eyes.

"Lytus Scardale," he sighed, a sort of concerned recognition in his ancient voice.

"That's Doctor Scardale, now," Scardale corrected, leaning leisurely on his bow and a desperate grin on his face.

"Doctor Scardale," Cordelius sighed. "Tell me, Doctor Scardale... what took you so long?"

"You know the answer to that one."

"I am the answer."

Scardale began to pace uneasily. "Your exodus caused mass dissonance within the team, and when we sent out our scouts we soon found what you and your troublesome wife had done. And with you-know-who off serving his own belly, there was no chance we were going to get through the two of you combined."

"Ah, come - I had little part to play. It seems, after everything, you were just rather...
unfortunate," the old man teased, and Scardale's cheeks burnt red. He turned to one of the other figures, whose scruffy beard was visible from beneath the shade of his hood. "Take off that ridiculous hood, or you'll give yourself heatstroke in this weather." The man clutched his sword defensively, and Cordelius sighed. "Where did you pick these poor souls up, bandit nursery? Did you really need an army ambush an unsuspecting old man?"

"We've been waiting too long to afford any fatal errors," Lytus said.

"Eighteen years... eighteen long and peaceful years, and you haven't aged a day. I don't suppose there's much point in trying to dissuade you?"

"None at all, you sly old coot," the doctor snapped, and suddenly he was scrambling towards the old man and had him by the collar. "You dare to mock me with fortune? But I can rejoice at fortune, for it seems the fates are on our side. For behold, our cause has a powerful new benefactor. And - let me tell you something fascinating - recent events have positioned all of the twins in this one place."

Cordelius' heart sank - if only he could understand the sovereignty of the First Magician. He only hoped he had trained them well enough, though he feared, he feared...

"Well, get on with it then. Which one of you lovely gentleman wants to slaughter an old man?"

The bandits faltered.

The old man felt a sudden rush of anxiety. "Lytus, listen to me. You don't have to pretend any more, and you don't need to follow what he says. We were like you once, and we thought we were so smart - we thought we held the world in our fingers. But we were wrong - we were wrong and monstrous, and we have served our penance. It's not too late to change, Lytus, it's never too-"

The cold steel of the bearded bandit's blade carved through his frail chest. For a split second, Cordelius felt the most remarkable sensation of freedom, as if his heart had been released from previously unnoticed chains, and in that moment he swore he had never felt more alive. Then the old man folded over himself like a felled pine, his punctured frame trampling the tulips he had laid out on his wife's grave.

The footsteps marched on into the woods and the old man was dead.

~~

~Magicborne~
Chapter One: Night Terrors

full

"...The way your old grandma used to put it was magic is like an invisible towel, wrapped around the world like I've wrapped it around this here apple-shaped object. It's like one of them cloths that merchants put over real precious stuff to keep the sun from rubbing his smeary paws all over it, 'cept for it's the cloth itself what's more precious that the thing it's cloaking. Once this towel was a fine treasure, clean and sparkly enough to dry a prince of his bath-water, but as the days got on and on magic dried up all of the dirtiness from little scamps like you two and now, it's more like this!"

With a stick in his other hand, Ambrose began to jab erratically at the cloth he held, his tongue protruding in concentration. His audience, a pair of wide-mouthed toddlers, erupted with giggles and bounced excitedly. When the cloth was suitably marred, he swished it off of the apple he'd shrouded in it and waved it triumphantly towards his joyful spectators.

"And this, lady and gentleman, is what magic's more like today, and now it doesn't work properly, a bit like me."

"Uncle Ambrose," jumped Thacceus, four years old and the spitting image of his father, "invisible towels aren't real!"

Ambrose contorted his face into a picture of utter perplexity, prompting more giggles. "They're not?! Are you sure?" He bent over, hands on his hips, and cocked an eyebrow at his nephew. "Have you ever seen an invisible towel?"

"No..."

"Well, exactly!" he smirked, folding his arms victoriously and taking a sly munch from his apple. "If you haven't seen one, you can't tell me they don't exist, can you Thacceus! So there!"

"That's silly, Uncle Ambrose, you just ate the world!" Thacceus cackled uncontrollably at the ineffible silliness of it all, his innocent young world, and his sister Gioanna laughed too, copying her brother in this as in everything. Ambrose smiled broadly - was there not nothing more lovely in this world than the sounds of children laughing!

It was six in the evening, and the day's work was done. Caleb Culpesso's fields were on the northern edge of the village alongside a number of similar farms, a good fifteen minutes walk from the town square and Ambrose's own house. The young Acquarian had spent the afternoon assisting on his brother's farm as ever, and with the crops sufficiently attended to, had retired to the barn to the expectant pleasure of his nephew and niece. Caleb had just appeared in the door way, and his expression was torn between sharing in his children's joy and barely masking his distaste of Ambrose's wild influence.

"Thanks," Caleb grunted unappreciatively, without voicing his concerns.

"Ah, it's no bother, brother!" Ambrose's grin was almost wide enough to escape his face, and he swung a warm arm around his brother's shoulders. "Kella LaCretia sends her besmitten regards, by the way."

"Right," said Caleb with an uncomfortable shake of the head, "thanks for being so much in the know." Kella was the latest girl in the village to reach that certain age where the female sex seemed invariably infatuated by the farmer. He'd tried all sorts of alternatives over the years, including asking Ambrose and Tricaius to punch him to make him uglier, but Ambrose had found the situation too funny to intervene. He was fairly certain that was why his brother had married so young, had children and moved to the edge of town - and yet none of those strategies, hilariously enough, had worked in deferring attention from him.

"What shall I tell her? That you'd be happy to have her? With a kiss at the end?"

"As far as I'm concerned, I've heard nothing from her, you understand me Ambrose? Anyhow, you ought to be off, methinks - send mother my regards."

"Consider her well and truly regarded!"

With an energetic goodbye to the adoring children, Ambrose set off from the path down the cobbled road to the town center, a spring in his step and a rumble in his belly. Dinner would be dependent on who'd been wrangling at the market - if it was Celia, their similar appetites would assure him of a satisfying meal. The summer sun was still strong and sweltering in the sky, and birds conversed hormonally in the trees. Free from the public eye, Ambrose felt himself calm down, and began to lose himself in his thoughts. It had been another ordinary day, and though he knew it was time, he felt thoroughly unable to grow up.

The RP has begun!Please consult the chapter guide for our current objectives! Semblance Semblance Castello Castello Synder Synder Vacuum Vacuum MrBossMan MrBossMan SilverFlight SilverFlight Volfy Volfy ShadyAce ShadyAce The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Last edited:
The clopping of hooves on dirt was starting to get to Jude. He had never traveled much outside of Great Salarch, and he didn't expect it to be so painful. He wanted to ride, but he was saddlesore, so he decided to walk, but then his feet became sore. Traveling was really just no fun, but the need was great. While clopping down the main road to Bordissa, Jude realized how little life experience he actually had. What if Bordissa had plenty of strange customs ready to be offended. Wouldn't it be fun to look someone in the eye then get berated for not asking permission first. These things should really be researched beforehand. Yet, in a few more hours Jude would arrive. He would have to work on his preparation skills before applying for protector.

Jude was whistling a pleasant ballad to himself as Bordissa came into view. He had thought about what his best course of action may be the whole way over. Showing too much interest in the criminal vein of the northern area will likely draw too much attention to himself. He would also have to get the whole name thing cleared up, but what if the news of an impostor gets into town? There were simply too many variables to draw a proper conclusion. Jude's stomach made his decision for him as he rode into town. It was early evening and he hadn't had a hot meal in days. He also had to find a place to sleep and stable his horse before he could get to work on anything. Riding into town square, a large sign advertising the "Soothing Hearth Inn" caught his eye. It seemed to have a stablehouse and was a very central location, more than enough for Jude at the moment. Although the smell of a strong stew coming from a tavern named "The Lost Badger" convinced Jude that it should be his next stop.

The smell of the stable was upon him even before he could open the door. As Jude opened the door he called to the young boy inside "Boy, catch!" tossing a single coin across to him. The boy dropped the broom he was holding and snatched the coin out of the air with ease. "Triple that if you tend to my horse here" The boy's eyes glistened for just a moment before hopping to it. Jude quickly unloaded his bags and walked into the inn with the intention of precuring a room for the next few days.

Last edited:
"It's fine for a spread, but eatin' em gets all the seeds in yo-" Darbon, the tailor's apprentice was cut of with a "Tssst, hey, there he is". Glancing out from the loft of the tailor's shop, Darbon and Balbas looked down upon Jude as he led his horse towards the center of town. "Oh yeah, I can pull that one off easy" Darbon said with a giggle catching in his throat "This'll be good". Smiling smugly to himself, Balbas turned to head down to the main floor "Well you had better get working on it then" hopping down the stairs into the closed shop. Darbon was right behind him, starting to pull blue and white fabrics from the rolls in the back of the shop.

Of course his brother was dumb enough to head right down the main road. Did he really think it wouldn't be watched. After setting the bait by committing a blatant crime in Jude's name, he just had to have someone watch the main points of access to Bordissa. A falcon came with a message a day ago with news of Jude's position. Wouldn't it be sweet when his precious protectors arrested him for a crime he didn't commit. The disguise was a fun idea. Lucky the tailor's apprentice was already a crooked fellow, it should be complete in the next couple days. As the outfit was now being made, Balbas had the opportunity to send Jude for a run around. Throwing on a cloak to obscure his features, Balbas slipped out of the shop and caught up to Jude, staying far enough behind that he would not draw Jude's attention. He hung back in the town square leaning casually against a building as Jude walked into the exact inn Balbas was hoping for.

Riccardo
(@ Anyone)
WQYATDk.png
The day was not a long one for Ricky, nor an unusual one. He awoke at the early hours before the sun rose and exercised his routines. The sweat he bore was not excessive, nor meager. Even as the day progressed, it was nothing unusual for the young man. He accompanied an older merchant along with his mercenary confederates, travelling to a remote house buried deep within the nearby forest. Other than a slight encounter with a small bear, their events were sparse and harmless to the small group of four.

It had been like this for several weeks now, the mundaneness of life, nothing notable happening in every day he partook. His father had grown forlorn from his injuries; unable to work, he sat in the small mahogany rocking chair that creaked in the darkest crook of the small cabin-like house. Riccardo’s mother, though not his official lover tended to him as best she knew how and her knowledge stemmed from the surveillance of twin boys. She made him small meals and cleaned his shirts in which he would spill soup on, unwavering to the heat that binded the hair on his chest. The once great Antonio Avellini could now only stay focused on the steady squeak of the chair.

Unsatisfied with his day of exiguous novelty, Ricky wandered to his new hub at The Lost Badger. Here, he would practise his newly developed skills of drinking to a boring day and making it sound exciting to the young women who rarely appreciated his ramble and more appreciated his malicious plights with the dart board. Every evening he would make a solid coin challenging bar-goers who thought they would have a picnic of a time beating the tipsy Ricky. Of course, due to his almost supernatural luck and experience that dated back to youth, he would hit the perfect trebles and strike bullseye whenever it was needed. Most of the time he was not even paying attention. It was luck, most losers would say in which Ricky would make the excuse of calling it skill, though he was practiced in the sport.

“Ehhh, ya’ sonuvabitch, Rick… Can’t believe ya’s beat me again!” Cried his senior mercenary confederate, Sicilio.

By this point, the sellsword hitting his late twenties was no longer playing for gold, but to retrieve lost pride when Ricky beat him senseless in front of a young maiden Sicilio wished to impress. Of course, upon the lose, the young lady was little interested in the victor, she was well aware what kind of man Ricky was in the eyes of the general public and town assembly.

Twirling his lucky dart in his equally fortunate right hand, Ricky gave his older partner a smirk that only struck a thick cord with Sicilio. “Come’on now, Sicily,” He hated being called this and it was apparent with each repeat of the monocker. “It ain’t too hard, alls ya’ gotta do is practise, practise practise! Is’all skill, I swear it on me mother’s grave!”

Sicilio swallowed a big helping of rage with a sigh, beginning to smiling a little bit, but his anger was long from subsiding. “Y’know, if ya’ weren’t such a freak with yer ventent magic, I would say yous was lyin’! But I know how ye’ are Ricky, too ‘fraid to put a bit o’ charm into each swing. Think it’s goin’ turn into a serpent and bite ya’ right in yer arse. Yous a freak, Rick, everyone thinks yous a freak!” Sicilio’s tone only turned more angry, but it retained a genuine honesty. “I ain’t even know why wes let you tag along, yous just a liability, one day that freak nature of yours is goin’ to get someone killed…”

Ricky breathed slowly, taking in the what he just heard. The chatter of the tavern had mellowed out the rage and perhaps only a few tables and customers around the pair had caught on to their clash. Sicilio knew pushing Ricky further would result in a brawl, a brawl he was far too drunk and tired for. The older mercenary left the building with a soft sigh, perhaps for the guilt he felt for his outburst, perhaps he too was beginning to realize the truth in what he said. Rick paused for a moment, a slight buzzing sounding in his ear. For a split moment he zoned out of the building, until his teeth grinded and the pint he drank before deterred him from any anger.

He growled slightly, turning to the people around him, eying a couple of eyes in the crowd. “Oi! Tha’ fella was shit at darts, who wants to have a go at me!? Five coins for a match, winner takes the pot and glory home for himself! Pot stands at one-fitty!” His tone of voice would have a hint that something was brewing up within his head, thoughts of dread and sadness, but it was hardly expressed in his voice. Perhaps someone who knew him better would catch on, but no one in the crowd would know the difference.
pathfinder_jervis_stoot_by_lothrean-dateyre.jpg

Sylvio
1433830132439.jpg
It was no more energized for Sylvio on the contrary. Though the boys did very different activities, their lives almost flung by in similar paces. Repetitive and exercised. Sylvio could almost feel his eyes melting alongside the wax of the candle that lied next to him. Books were scattered about, books he had received from Cordelius Fugal and a few older members of the town. To the elders, he was quite respectful but to those his own age, he was almost bitter and rude. These last few months had resulted in plentiful amount of breakthroughs for the young mage, living up to the child prodigy he was known as throughout Bordissa.

His eyes began to grow heavy, it had been many hours before since he had last seen a proper rest. Sylvio quietly sighed, laying down his head on the hardcover of his books, unbeknownst of his mother who loomed worriedly over the boy just beyond the door to his study. It had been like this since he began losing weight, constantly surveyed by the doting Sylvia, it was quite clear who her favorite child was.

“Oh honey… Must you sleep in your chair again? You know that is so horrible for your back! You will have a back like an old man before your first child!” Sylvio’s mother promptly piped up.

“Mother…” He replied, almost exasperated. “What have I said about all the talk of children and wives… I got much more important things to worry about.” His tone was tired and slow.

“Must you be so hard on yourself? Maybe you should go take a break tomorrow, I hear Ricky is heading out to one of the nearby villages, I am sure if you ask nicely he will take you.”

“Oh and what, be one of Riccardo’s sellsword lackeys!? No thanks, I would rather be enlisted to fight in the war!”

“It would be good for you, the life of a soldier is one to be proud of! And you are so talented…” Sylvia responded naively.

“It was an expression, Mother. Sure Father is real proud of being a soldier, sulking in his rocking chair while you work like a slave in the tavern during the mornings!”

Sylvia was conflicted, whether to be annoyed at his jab or take the supportive route she was so familiar with: “You should not say such things about your Father, he worked very hard and cares very much for you and Ricky. He just needs some time to get over his injury, it is just hard for him right now, so just be nice to him, alright?”

Sylvio, encouraged by exhaustion, scoffed. “Tch. Father only cares about someone to take up his fathomed pride when he dies a lonely death! And he has got the right idiot in Riccardo…” Sylvio tilted down, regretting his choice of words. “He does not understand why I do all this, why I am in my study reading all the time! One day I will be like Cordelius Fugal, everyone will love me because of how wise and experienced I am… If to achieve that I need to be hated first, so be it!” Sylvio sighed slightly, closing his eyes. “I am sorry Mother… I-I did not mean to be rude to you, or Father I guess. I am just so very tired and busy, there is so much to accomplish and such a short life to do so…”

Sylvia sighed, rubbing the boy softly on his head as she has done for nineteen years. She frowned and she might have even been on the verge of tears as what her boy had become, but she was also struck with a motherly pride.

“Oh… Alright Sylvio, I love you and I am so very proud but you need to stay healthy, alright? I still think you should go outside, maybe at least spend some time with your brother when he is out doing his routines? You know, we both worry and care for you.”

Last edited:
Xander

"Come on, it's simple. Shift from your long guard to a zorn, strike down." It was rare for Xander to ever stop moving in his discussions during training, boots continuing to cross over in sidesteps as he circled the newest student, a young boy given a sword for his name day and some coins for a lesson. His wrist rolled and his arm turned with the commands to portray the movements, arm pulling the wooden blade back to rest just above his shoulder before turning his body left, allowing the blade to fall and soon pulling back to his side. "Try for me, and don't be scared to hit me. Wood hurts, doesn't kill unless you mean it." And so, the younger fighter complied, repeating the movements shown to a less precise degree. His blade swung for the trainer, and another length of wood would arrive to find it, swiveling over to parry the strike. "Too much force. You're striking skin, not a suit of metal. Be careful with how you use your momentum, cheers?" The Meridanian offered a lighthearted smile.
"I can't really do that, sir... It's a heavy sword, you know." The boy lifted his wooden stick of a practice sword a few inches, soon lowering. That would soon produce a light chuckle from the southerner. "I know, I know. It's made like that for a reason, you know. Made so once you can conquer its weight, you can conquer its movements. Now, hows about we work on your footwork?"

An hour or so passed before the boy was finally sent back off to his home, sweat and pride shrouding his form. He only hoped that his parents would not discover the heritage of his new teacher, a man off to his next errand once a coat was fitted over him alongside equipment, the wyvern of his pommel shifting light in a dance as the sun struck it down. Humming a light tune, his voice kept low as he traveled deeper into the city, making his way along each road and alley with an occasional glance over to commotions and wary smiles towards previous customers.

Eventually, he'd find the small gypsy cart tucked away near the road, a familiar sight. Walking towards it, a pair of gloved fingers rose to rap a rhythmic beat against oak. "Liz?" A few shifts and turns heard within along with a loud thud followed with a curse, the door would open to expose a grinning pale figure. "Ah, Xan!" She'd lightly beam, offering a quick hug. "Have you been alright? Any new work?" A hand ushered him out as she stepped away from the cart to take a seat by its stairs. "No, no, just visiting," the brother explained, ruffling his hair before finding a seat. "I had hoped to ask about you, though. Work been treating you fair, no dangerous clients?" This produced a soft chuckle from the dreamweaver to pair with a shrug. "I can handle myself, unlike you, you know!" Her jest of a response would come without a beat missed, always ready with a comeback. No response would come for a moment as her shoulder was nudged, a light push from the swordsman settled nearby. "Uh-huh, sure. Well, if it ever gets bad, I am around." Silence riddled the area for a few moments, nothing save for the buzz of the nearby street keeping their ears busied until he'd speak up again. "Is father doing any better?" She'd blink at that as if surprise caught her for a moment, though memory would soon extinguish it. "Ah... He is eating a bit more, at least. Got some writing finished that he wanted done, it's a wonderful story." Xander nodded, content with that; good news was good news, no matter how minor.

Their discussions would last for a while longer until he'd rise, stretching and adjusting his satchel. "Alright, ah... I won't keep ya busy, you still have a lot of work to get to. Aside from sleep, of course." Xander snickered, a pair of fingers rising to offer a wave as he began to step away. "Don't be a stranger, Xander!" A wave returned, she'd soon slip back into her cart, door shutting behind her. Off would the southerner head, making his way back to the street's edge and strolling. He hadn't much else for the time being, it seemed, maybe he would watch the stars for a while later on... His humming returned, that slow song in his head finding its way out with his exhales. He'd contemplate visiting his parents, though it wasn't likely that would end all too well. His mother's tough love never did mix well when her husband was ill, after all. Maybe he could try for a few more orders with Rufus, anything for the extra coin that might help.

But he knew better than that. All orders were finished for the week and he wouldn't have another student until the next day. It looked like he had some unneeded free time now, and he was content with walking until something did come up for him, wandering the streets of Bordissa with eyes skimming and enjoying the sights as usual; the occasional food cart, a traveling family, a shop opening its doors, the city was as he always knew it. He could only wonder if other cities were the same.

Last edited:
c930f8c83043a8cf4b7674f488d84e34.jpg Boredom was one of Thalia's greatest enemies, and now it reared its repulsive head as she lay on her back on the low roof of a stable just across from The Lost Badger. She liked roofs. She could watch, but it was difficult to be watched. This one had a generous pile of hay beside it so she didn't even need to use her magic or any amount of climbing skill to ascend. The golden light of the sinking sun warmed her cheeks, turning them rosy and caught in her copper hair. The street bustled below, largely oblivious to her presence and she was almost content to watch, but the boredom gnawed at her, and Alexis wouldn't be finished until the sixth bell.

An older woman sat in rags and begged for coins on the street beside the pub. Thalia couldn't recall seeing her in the town before, and when she arrived she had made a very good effort to memorize all the usual faces about the market. Locals she left alone, they weren't targets in so far as they didn't irritate her. It was too risky. Travelers were fair marks, here and gone again before they realized they'd lost anything.

To her credit Thalia had tried to do honest work. She would help at the grocer's in the early hours if there was something to do, or run messages when the courier was out ill. For the first week it had worked well enough, though the coin was never good. Eventually however she had begun to realize with a sinking feeling that honest work just didn't suit her. She'd been in the game for far too long.
Thieving was what Thali had learned. It was what she was, and she didn't see it changing unless something drastic were to occur.

Like a blessing from the First, the town clock creaked and clicked and the bell began to toll. Thali sprung up too eagerly and nearly lost her footing.
It was just then she looked back at the old woman...in time to see a well-dressed traveler kick dirt in her face.
The motion was subtle, but held enough contempt to get a good portion into the poor woman's eyes. Thali clenched a fist as she watched the swaggering prick step into the Badger.
"Shouldn't have done that." She mumbled as she slipped, cat-like off the roof and, with her hands shoved into her pockets she sauntered across the road and into the pub. Her boredom was now quite forgotten.

The place was well-packed and Thali took a glance about the room, making sure it was free of city guards, or at least that she was not within sight of them. The mark had stopped to watch a dart game, where one of the town's local youths seemed to be thrashing an older merc soundly. Her mark had just purchased a drink and was stuffing his fat purse back into his jacket pocket. Too easy. The room was small and Thali moved in, pretending to squeeze past the man. All it took was the touch of an exposed pouch string. She felt her magic pour through her, felt the pouch lighten. Then she knocked his calf with her boot on a feigned miss-step, enough to draw the man's attention. His head turned away and Thali slipped the coin purse neatly into her palm.
"Sorry, sorry sir. Bit full tonight." Thali apologized in a light and airy voice, her tone sweet as a bell and her smile full and pleasant. The man gave her a frown but turned back without a second thought. It then occurred to Thali that she was in direct line of sight with the youth who had just now turned to goad new challengers. It was possible he might have seen what she had just done. The pouch was now hidden but she winked at him mischievously before turning and slipping out of the tavern.

Castello Castello @ Anyone

The cool evening breeze felt heavenly compared to the stuffy-warm atmosphere of the pub. Thali drew the majority of the coins from the pouch into her hand. The woman was still there, dabbing at her watering eyes with a grubby kerchief, the dirt still causing a level of discomfort.
Thali turned her hand and the coins went spilling into the woman's lap. She walked on, and didn't look back.
The remainder of the coins she pocketed and threw the pouch into a pig sty three streets down, then she rounded a corner and made her way to the herbalist, where she knew her brother would be helping close shop.

"Hallo! Lexi! Adela!" She called as she stepped into the little room. The sweet smell of herbs greeted her like an old friend. It always reminded her of her brother, of warm nights and tended scratches and it comforted her.
A noise behind one of the shelves gave him away before he spoke: "Thali! You're late."
"Not late enough apparently. You're still working." She shot back in a mock-critical tone. She removed a small pouch from her belt and dropped it onto the counter with an audible noise.
"Happy birthday."

Alexis' freckled face appeared from behind the shelf. His smile widened when he caught her self-satisfied expression.
"Yours is in the market, we'll get it when we go." He moved over to the counter and set down the box he was holding, exchanging it for the pouch Thali had brought him. He pulled on the strings and drew out a small, delicately-curved blade.
"...you got me a dagger." He stated flatly, unimpressed.
"Look again Thickhead. Its an herb-gathering knife."

Alexis examined the blade more carefully and the smile returned wider than before. "Thali...its perfect."
"I know." She stated matter-of-factly. "I conferred very carefully with Adela before I bought it." The look she fixed him with next clearly said 'and I did buy it' but the meaning would be lost on anyone else.
"Hey Adela! Is your brother about? He coming with us?"
Thali liked Adela's brother. He was shrewd, and serious and teasing him had become one of her most cherished hobbies in the past few weeks.

Semblance Semblance

Last edited:

Rohis StellenInteractions- SkyGinge SkyGinge
VHHeGrN.png
“Ow.” Rohis said flatly. “Ahhh, stop ye whinegin’ girl.” replied her uncle as he examined her face. “I wasn’t whin-Owww!” she yelped as Lousanto purposefully jabbed her split lip. “I said, stop ya whineginin’. Or I’ll give ya’ another.” Rohis shut up, and Lousanto returned to his cursory inspection. “Come now. Inside. I’ll clean that up, then ya’ can bugger off, I” He concluded, standing before offering his hand to the young woman, who took it gratefully. “Still though, whata’ ya’ learn?” Rohis retrieved her sword, as well her uncle’s as she considered his question.

“That you’re a cheating bastard? Ohh, wait, nothing new.” she said with familiar tone, tossing him his weapon as he raised an eyebrow.

“That be mighty fine talk from a girl who just got knocked bout by a cripple.”

Rohis snorted, “Exactly. ‘The Cripple who bested the Girl’. Hardly an tale for the bard's.” Lousanto shrugged, a smug expression upon his face. “Ohh, I don’t know. I kinda’ like the sounda’ that one. Lotta’ jokes to be had there.”

Sitting down at the small wooden table inside her uncle’s home, Rohis glanced at him. The man was busy looking through a cupboard, muttering about something. A second later he grunted. “Here.” he set down a brown bottle in front of her and a simple cloth. Uncorking the bottle, Lousanto took the cloth and covered the top before he dumped it upside down for a moment. Once he righted the bottle, he proffered the cloth to Rohis. “It’ll sting like buggery, but ya’ be thankin me when it don’t get infected.” With a nod, she took the cloth and placed it on her lip. She sucked in a quick breath, attempting not to yell again as a burning sensation bit from her wound. “I did warn ya’.”

Rohis left her uncle’s house shortly after, nursing her lip gingerly. Her pace was slow as she enjoyed the warm air, and strolled homewards. She expected to get an earful from her mother about the cut, and about being careful. Even at her age. What she didn’t expect was Fiore to be perched on the fence outside their house, a bemused expression on her face as her sister came into view.

“Been getting a licking from Uncle Junior again?” Fiore questioned, already knowing the answer, and unable to help the slight smile tugging at her lips.

“You’re welcome to try and fight him.”

“And ruin this masterpiece?” Fiore placed her hands either side of her face, framing it as she pulled a comical, proud expression. Rohis let out a slight laugh, sharing in her twin’s grin. “Now. Walk with me.” Fiore stated, hopping down from her perch and fixing Rohis with a confident and expectant look.

“Why?”

“Because, father is out talking to trees. Again. And mother is in a ‘mood’, and no doubt would love to give you some lip.” Rohis fixed her sister with a cold glare, punishing her for her terrible pun. Fiore grinned. “Beside, I didn’t think you’d say no to a drink.”

“Fine.” Conceded Rohis.

The two headed towards town, falling into an easy silence. The sun still played across the twins as the dirt path beneath their feet turned to cobble as they neared the town centre. The lull between them was broken as a familiar figure came into view however. “Ambrose!” called Fiore, a smile already upon her face as she hurried to meet the young man. Rohis followed at a more casual pace.

“Ah, I knew it was you!” Fiore said triumphantly as she caught up with him. “Keeping well I hope. What draws your delightful presence out tonight?” Rohis offered Ambrose a slight inclination of the head, greeting him silently as her sister began her usual pattern. She treated everyone like they were the sole person she desired to see, and conversed in such a manner that it was as if her only focus lay on the other. She got on better with their childhood friends then Rohis did these days, but that wasn’t a difficult achievement.

“We are going to the Badger, care to join us?” Fiore asked pleasantly, glancing at Rohis before directing her question to Ambrose, a light smile playing across her face.

ADELA RYLAN

full
As evening drew near, the sun's usual burning rays began to cool down into a more tolerable heat. A small wooden herbal shop was located at the edge of the bustling square. Adela's dull hazel eyes peeked through the shops' open door to glance at the large sundial in the middle of the town center. It read six o'clock, which was closing time. Her gaze switched over to the popular tavern, the Lost Badger, which was directly opposite of the herbal shop on the other side of the town center. She knew that Ricky was probably killing time at that pub again, likely either trying to impress women with his dart skills or having his fun with good ole drunken Sicilio again. Her lips tightened into a smirk at the thought. One day, Ricky was going to push that old mercenary to his limits.

"Adela!" She instantly shifted her attention onto an elderly man with a long, white bead and a bald head. He waved his cane into the air to greet the dreamweaver as he stepped into the shop. "Hello darling!"

"Mister Audric!" Adela's face brightened into a smile. He was a frequent customer to their herbal shop due to his long hard-fought years serving the King's army. As a result, the Ignal mage had sustained chronic back pain as well as traumatic memories and nightmares from his experience. "How are you?"

"Just dandy! You look lovely as always," Mister Audric smiled. "My deepest apologies, dear, I know you're closing up."

"You know I'll always make time for you. What brings you here today?" she asked sincerely.

"My back has been killing me with spasms again," he sighed. Lowering his voice, he added, "And I've been having terrible flashbacks today."

The dreamweaver's expression softened into a sympathetic look. "Come sit," she gestured to a wooden chair behind a large white curtain hanging from the ceiling and offering them some privacy.

Just then, the familiar curly copper hair peeked into the herbal shop. "Hi Thalia!" Adela greeted back at the Whiles twin. "I'll be done after this customer," she called to her before switching her attention to Alexis. "Alexis, could you prepare some valerian root?"

She stepped behind the curtain and placed her hands softly onto either side of Mister Audric's head. "Now, just relax your body and calm your thoughts," Adela spoke gently to the elderly man. Concentrating on her hands, she felt the sognial magic rising inside her soul as the familiar warm, tingling sensation appeared in her chest. Exhaling deeply, the magic energy poured down her arms to her hands and onto the veteran's bald head like a thick, soft syrup. A light violet aura appeared from her hands and emitted a gentle glow as the sognial energy grew. She felt the magic channel into her mananite charm bracelet, absorbing some of the energy depletion for her. After about a minute of continuous channeling, she could feel a distinct drop in her physical energy and slowly removed her hands. The violet aura disappeared immediately.

Mister Audric opened his eyes, a look of tranquility on his face. "Thank you so much," he said sincerely, looking into her dull hazel eyes. "I saw my son as a young'un again. We were chasing each other behind our red barn like old times," he described the illusion he had just seen in his head, his voice filled with peaceful nostalgia.

"I'm glad to be of help," Adela smiled, her eyes wrinkled with tiredness. She walked out from behind the curtain to see the valerian root carefully wrapped in a cloth on the counter. "Thanks, Alexis!" she called over to the male twin and handed the herbal root to Mister Audric. "This should help your back pain and your insomnia."

"I don't know what I would do without you." The veteran graciously took the root from her and pulled out a few gold coins from his pocket before warmly shaking her hand with gratitude. "Give your mother my kindest regards. Thank you again, dear." He smiled and exited the herbal shop.

"Good night, Mister Audric!" Adela waved farewell before turning her attention back onto the Whiles twins. "And happy birthday to you both! I have presents for you as well," she informed them. "Yes, I was very quick to approve the gift. It will be very useful for us too," she agreed happily, observing the delicate blade. "Thank you, Thalia."

She disappeared under the counter and reemerged with two small cloth pouches. The dreamweaver handed them to the twins and watched them open it, revealing two high-quality matching mananite rings. Thalia's was engraved with intricate maroon red patterns while Alexis' contained navy blue designs. "'Thought it was about time you replaced your mananites. My father had made quite a collection of mananite rings before his accident," she said. Adela's father had been an Aggriran mage before a mine collapse that lost both his hands.

After storing away all the herbs, packing their profit for the day, and locking up the shop, Adela was quite tired. Her mother had fallen ill and went home early to rest, leaving Adela and Alexis to finish up the store. Although there was nothing more she wanted at that moment than to relax on her bed and draw in her sketchpad, she knew they had birthdays to celebrate. "I'm ready for some drinks. Come on, let's go to the Badger," she suggested.

AUGUSTINE RYLAN

Just as Thalia was inquiring about Adela's twin brother, Augustine appeared behind the group. "Apologies for my late arrival," he said. "Right before my shift ended, a traveler complained of his stolen purse," he informed them. His suspicious brown eyes darted towards Thalia before dancing across the others' faces. A "new thief" had recently appeared in town and there was something about Thalia that tipped him off, but he had no evidence. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?" he asked her matter-of-factly.

"Oh August, stop it!" Adela let out an exasperated sigh. Her usual gentle demeanor quickly switched to annoyance with her brother. "Just because you're training to become a Protector doesn't mean you can interrogate anyone you want," she scolded him. "And don't be rude. It's their birthdays today. We were about to grab some drinks at Lost Badger, but you can only come if you drop this," she said firmly.

"Pfft. Whatever." Augustine rolled his eyes. "Don't come running to me if you get your money stolen," he retorted and glanced accusingly at Thalia, but didn't mention the topic again. "Happy birthday, ya swindlers," he added begrudgingly.

Interacted: SilverFlight SilverFlight || Mentioned: Castello Castello

Last edited:
"I'd like a room for a few nights" Jude said to the man sitting behind the desk of the small common room. The small man opened a large book. "Your name please my good sir" opening the book to it's latest entry. "Jude Shackleford". The building seemed sturdy enough, Jude appraised. The corners were slightly dusty, but Jude could clean his room easily if it were in a similar condition. Jude was then suddenly jolted out of the moment when the innkeeper said "Oh yes, Jude Shackleford, you have been paid for in advance." After a moment of shock, Jude recovered with "What?! Who?" "Hmmmm... the payment records appear to simply say Thorn". Clearing his throat and trying to straighten himself back out Jude stuttered "Th-th-th-thorn. Ah, yes, th-that makes mu-mu-mu-much more sense now." Standing stiff as a board now Jude said "Well then. I suppose I should be to my rooms then" Grabbing the key proffered by the innkeeper then marching over to the number designated on said key.

With all his luggage packed away and his horse tended to, Jude wore a clean cut outfit and strode out towards The Lazy Badger. The inn clearly seemed to be his brother's work, but why? Was Balbas simply goading him by predicting where he would stay? Jude doubted there were more than two places to stay in the whole of Bordissa. As far as he could tell, Balbas had no upper hand by paying for his room, it just gave away the fact that Balbas knew Jude was there. Having crossed the square, Jude opened the door to The Lazy Badger.

The drone of music and many conversations washed across Jude along with the strong smell of fresh stew. The place was fairly packed and Jude could only see a couple of tables still open. Should he just sit down? Jude thought it may be smarter just to ask. Noticing a group walk in behind him, Jude turned to the muscular man with reddish brown hair. "Pardon me sir, but I'm new around these parts and was just wondering if I may sit at any open table." Jude stood up straight, trying to seem amicable, although likely giving off a more business-like tone.

Semblance Semblance SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
2014-06-03-653141.jpeg
Raven & Noa Constanza
Shielding her eyes from the warm light of the outside Raven laid in her bed, taking a deep breath as she looked at the chimes hanging from wooden ceiling. Registering where she was she smiled and reached up watching the light hit her hand. It was strange for her to wake up after daybreak, but this was her vacation she could let herself slip a bit couldn't she? Looking over at the bed across from her, Raven was surprised to see that her sister's bed was already empty. Raising her head up to be sure, as she did two of the large bound books on her bed slid off the bed. "Oh!" Reaching out Raven's hand glowed as she used her magic to float the books before placing them back onto the bed. Releasing her hold she let out a sigh of relief as she slid out of her covers and motivated herself to get up.

Sitting up she stretched her fingers brushed against the metallic chimes and they began to softly jingle. Smiling she knew the addition of the chimes were all Noa. Waking up to the sound of music is something she would set up, that was just the kind of girl Noa was. After getting ready ready Raven made her way downstairs Raven was greeted to see her sister teleporting around the first floor excitedly. A young man was sitting in a large chair downstairs as at times Noa would teleport to give him snacks, drinks and the occasional kiss. Raven frowned as she stepped in, not approving the gentleman that Noa called her boyfriend. Walking over to the living room table the young woman picked up the book she'd left the night before.

The man smiled up at her as she stepped in. "Good morning Raven." the man seemingly sung to her.

Raven glanced at the man through her bangs Raven murmured out a near inaudible. "Morning..." Refusing to meet his gaze she pulled the book close to her chest and turned towards her sister. Giving her a pleading look, Noa gave a soft sigh and wiped her hands on a cloth. Teleporting beside her current boy toy Noa playfully hit him with the cloth. "Alright, time for you to go, handsome. Don't want you to get distracted by my sister's feminine charm." Hitting him lightly she gave a playful "shoo, shoo!"

The man chuckled and stood up. "I'll let you two lovely ladies spend time together." Making his way to the door he leaned in closer to Noa and gave a handsome smoulder. "Will I see you tomorrow?"

Noa smiled as she gazed up into his sparking autumn eyes. "Of course handsome. But today is for my sister and I. Now get, you handsome devil." She batted him with the cloth and gave a content sigh as she closed the door.

"I'm sorry Noa I just can't..." Raven said as she tried to explain, but was quickly cut off by her sister.

"It's fine I get it. You've always been like this Raven, even when we were kids. Always the introvert." Noa came over to Raven and brushed her bangs out of her face and poked her rose cheeks. "Even if you're always blushing when a cute boy is around." Now wrapped her arms around Raven and pulled her into a tight hug. "Still I can't help but love you! You're my sister after all, book nerd and all." Noa giggled and took her hand, "now..." she pulled her towards the kitchen, "let's fix breakfast and have a fantastic day together as sisters!"

"Alright." Raven gave a soft smile and nodded following her outgoing sister's lead.

Spending the day with her sister was so great. Nothing spectacular truly happened, but it was the little things that mattered to Raven. Going out to the market to buy food, visiting stores and laughing together was what made the day great. They found a street musician who wasn't getting much attention for his songs. Noa placed a hand on Raven's shoulder and gave her a pleading look, the exact same as Raven did. Raven rolled her eyes, took the bags from her and smiled, "alright, go. I know you want to." Noa's whole face lit up with joy as she skipped over and moved to the beat of his music. Her hand swayed and body pulsed and the crowed began to form around her. Raven took a seat on top of a box and pulled out her book and started to read.

Hearing the crowed cheer Raven cracked a smile, proud of her sister's talent. Using her magic she lifted the old hat the performer had and passed it around. Growing heavier with every person Raven placed the full hat in front of the performer. As the music died down Noa landed to the ground and curtsied, to the applauding crowd, only to move her hand to the performer for his own applause. After getting the thanks from the performer the two went along their way. Stopping home for only a moment before the two headed out again for Noa's performance at a local pub. Raven couldn't believe that her sister had such a busy life, and a actual job. Seeing her so motivated in her profession made Raven felt a motherly pride for her sister.

As the two arrived at the bustling pub Raven instantly felt uncomfortable. Seeing so many strangers she struggled to move forward. Luckily or unluckily for her, Noa smiled and pushed her into a nearby seat. "Don't you dare try to run away now! I want you to her me sing." She patted Raven's shoulders and teleported beside the pub owner. "Sorry! Sorry! But technically I have a minute to spare. A lot can be done in a minute." Winking she teleported around until she was stage ready. Appearing on a small stage along with the other performers she gave them all a nod, took a deep breath and began to sing.

"Chuaigh mé isteach i dteach aréir
is d'iarr mé cairde ar mhnaoi an leanna.
Is é dúirt sí liom "Ní bhfaighidh tú deor.
Buail an bóthar is gabh abhaile."

"I came by a house last night
And told the woman I am staying
I said to her:
"The moon is bright and my fiddle tunes for playing"

"Tell me that the night is long
Tell me that the moon is glowing
Fill my glass, I'll sing a song
And will start the music flowing"

"Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay here till the morning"

Chorus:
"Níl sé'n lá, níl a ghrá,
níl sé'n lá is ní bheidh go maidin,
níl sé'n lá is ní bheidh go fóill,
solas ard atá sa ghealaigh."

"It's not day nor yet awhile
I can see the starlight shining

"Fill the glasses one more time
And never heed the empty bottle
Turn the water into wine
And turn the party up full throttle"

"Don't go out into the cold
Where the wind and rain are blowing
For the fire is flamming gold
And in here the music's flowing"

"Tell me that the night is long
Tell me that the moon is gleaming
Fill my glass, I'll sing a song
And we'll keep the music streaming
Until all the songs are sung"

solas ard atá sa ghealaigh.
Níl sé'n lá, níl a ghrá,

(Drum Solo)

solas ard atá sa ghealaigh.
Níl sé'n lá, níl a ghrá,

Raven listened to her sister sing and smiled as she glanced at the others around her. Surprised that this pub was full of many occupants her age, especially quite a lot of men. Feeling extremely uncomfortable, Raven lowered her head to hide her blushed as she rummaged in her satchel. She pulled out a large heavy book called 'The Eyes of The Dark,' and read as she listened to her sister sing.

@ Anyone

Last edited:
Alexis looked genuinely touched when Adela revealed that she had gifts.
"Oh Miss Rylan, you really shouldn't have," though he looked excitedly at the small pouches even as he said it.
Thalia gave a squeak of genuine delight when she saw the rings. "Adela! You darling!" She put the ring on right away and admired it on her finger.
Alexis did the same, a huge, dopey grin on his face. As of yet neither had divulged their particular magical talents to the Rylan family, though it was always safe to assume that someone did magic, hardly anyone went without a vein, even in this little town.
Alexis looked like he wanted to hug Adela, but was unsure if it was proper. Thalia resolved this conflict by throwing her own arms about Adela's neck and hugging her tight. Alexis joined in too after that.
"They're absolutely fabulous," Thali cooed.
"We can't thank you enough," Alexis added.

"Well! We can start! I just got a little bit of pay today and I'll buy you a drink."
Though they hadn't told Adela much, it was easy to see the twins did not have any form of wealth. Their clothes, though well-fitted were worn and patched and they were both thin. The gesture was a large one, but Thali, feeling happy about spending the coin she had procured from the horrible noble, was more than willing to make it.
Adela mentioned the Badger and Thali bit her lip subtly. It wouldn't be the best idea to return there so soon after her little justice play, however a voice from behind made the choice for her.

"August!" Thali said with genuine delight. She returned his critical glance with a look of playful endearment that changed to a look of the purest shock at his accusation.
"Why on earth would you say something like that?" Thali asked him, her voice reflecting the wounded expression on her delicate features.
"Oh Adela, your brother is so cruel sometimes."
It was almost impossible to hide her satisfaction when Adela told him off for his rudeness. How she loved this game. She'd have to go to the Badger now though, to refuse would make her look more than a little suspicious. She would just have to hope that fellow playing darts was not a blab.

"If you can manage to be nice to me for one evening August," Thali began, her voice sweet as a summer breeze, "I'll share the gift Alexis got me."
Thalia had been more than obvious about her admiration for the cakes in the window of the baker's shop since they had arrived in the little town. She knew he had bought one for her. She was going to share it anyway, but it was much more fun to hang it over August's head first.

"Don't worry August, with you there, who'd be daft enough to try and steal from us?" She laughed.
Alexis looked genuinely hurt when the man tossed him in with Thali in his name-calling, but Thali thumped her brother happily on the back and started across the square.
"Come on! Last one to the pub's a horse's ass!"
"That'd be me then." Alexis raised his hand as he started for the bakery. "I'll bring your gift, you three get the table."

The pub was still crowded and getting fuller by the minute.
"You know Adela, I think I've figured out why August is always mean to me." Thali began as she chose one of the last tables by the door, she spoke loud enough for the man to hear her.
"He must fancy me," she sighed, saying it as if she were diagnosing some tragic affliction. "
It's the only explanation."
A performance began on the stage, a pretty young woman about their age sang a sweet tune.
Just then a stranger came up to them, seemingly addressing August, and asked about the seating at the pub.
One look at the man and Thali could tell he would be trouble, for her at any rate. The hard set of his jaw, his well-kept clothes. His entire manifestation positively yelled 'law and order', still he clearly seemed lost and Thali, against her better judgement spoke up.
"The place is getting packed mate, why don't you sit with us?"

Semblance Semblance Vacuum Vacuum

Mentioned: Castello Castello The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

((Just wanted to get them into the pub before we move on))

Last edited:
Xander

"Filthy spy..." It was a song Xander had grown more comfortable to, though he was still thankful for the lack of action alongside it. "Damned Meridanians..." He could have nearly forgotten the fights and constant arguments others would send his way about heritage, family, and all in between. "Still hasn't run off..." They were faint whispers, though the ears could catch much when those around were careless. The words which had struck a spark in him had long since become nothing more than occasional nuisances not worth his agitation. Instead, Xander found himself another song to whistle under his breath. A lullaby, cheery though slow.

The murmurs would fade as crowds passed and formed as he walked his way past the town square, eventually passing the square and soon enough finding himself nearing a busied tavern. Lost Badger...
A tilt of his head followed the thought, and soon would Xander realize that he never did spend all too much time inside the building. Though, what else had he to do at the moment? He'd approached the tavern with a few wary glances before entering. Once within the interior of the tavern, juniper eyes gazing over interior decorations and groups, familiar faces included. He knew Rufus spent a fair bit of time around these parts, maybe he could spot the short old man...

While his eyes trailed, his hands were busy at work. Once a free seat was found, fingers trailed along his side to uncover a small stack of leather-bound papers, kept stitched and sewn together. Opened up, Xander read through, occupying his thoughts with old memories written in ink. His whistle had faded upon entering, instead replaced by the shifting of his lips as he mouthed the writings. Impossible, that was... Nearly a year ago, hm..
The sobering memories were savored, though his eyes would often lift from the pages for a curious glance over what was happening around him nonetheless.

Men's shirt and trousers. Someone could only get away with this in such a small town. Better movement, less noise, but awfully conspicuous. Well, like the court, Jude would take this woman as innocent until proven guilty. After drifting in thought for a moment he realized he had reflexively narrowed his eyes. Curses, betrayed by his own body. Jude quickly tried to cover by acting as if something got into his eyes and gave them a quick rub with one of his hands. "Well, I have no objections. Pardon my intrusion either way." Jude just hoped his conversational skills would not get tested too far. Despite the look of a thief, she had a pretty face, and it seemed that the man brought his sister as well. He figured a little embarrassment won't hurt, and perhaps these people may have some information that he could use. "My name is Jude Shackleford, a pleasure to meet you all." He let loose a practiced warm smile he was saving for such an occasion and bowed at the him ever so slightly.

Semblance Semblance SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
Evangeline & Chiara Di'Angelo

Evangeline rose before dawn. It was just easier to get ready when no one else was about, and yet somehow Chiara woke up in just enough time to see Eva off.
"See you, stranger." Chiara smirked, and Eva shook her head, but her eyes portrayed her smile.
"Don't you have a performance to prepare for?" the ginger responded
"It's only a small one!" Chiara rebutted, "Anyways, off with you! You haven't got all the time in the world."
"Yes, mom." Eva stated matter-of-factly, though Chiara could find her humor and laughed as she pushed Eva out the door.

Since it was summer, people were moving earlier and signs of the busy day ahead of Bordissa were clear. The citizens roaming the streets going to work, travelers setting up carts to try to sell the exotic goods they had and of course the mere chatter of adults and children alike.

After walking part way into the woods, Evangeline activated her magic, an orange glow emanating around her, particularly visible in her monotone eyes. She rotated between elevating each particular sense, and when she raised her smell, Eva could have sworn she smelt a rotting corpse, but nothing like that had ever been in this forest, and she doubted it would be now. It was simply a regular day, the same sort of day she'd experienced for years on end. Even then, Eva had reluctance to believe anything she'd just slightly picked up. Maybe the hunter would investigate in the near future, if Chiara didn't have her working on such a clean cut schedule.

The day was drawing to a close, the tendrils of the sun slowly sinking below the horizon. The light began to filter out of the forest, and there was a rustle from the thorny bushes behind her. Thank goodness her magic was so discreet - it made it that much more effective. She felt her ears begin to pick up the slightest movement, including a rustle of a singular leaf. Eva rotated her head so that her chin aligned with her shoulder, detecting the same rustle as before, except now she pin-pointed the exact position. In a split second, she spun on her heels, pulled an arrow from her quiver and knocked it, and shot before falling to the ground due to the sudden, swift movement. Immediately after she'd let go of the arrow, her magic disintegrated and it was if nothing had happened at all. Evangeline stood, and dragged out the carcass of an animal unlike one she'd seen. It was similar to a deer, but it had plants protruding from it's fur and other earthly phenomenon. It was a nearly seamless camouflage, as it actually was part of the environment. Clever. If only she could be like that. Eva shook her head disapprovingly at herself. She couldn't be so critical, or it make her weaker in front of her siblings. Yet the ginger did it anyways. The unique nature of the animal might get her a better sell price, so she decided to take it back as well.

She lifted it up and swung it over her shoulder adding to the few she'd caught that day, before heading back to her home. Again, Chiara was there, this time untying her dancing shoes, and Eva knew she'd finished a performance. "I'll need you to freeze these." Eva asked, and felt her heart sink from guilt upon glancing into Chiara's own tired eyes. She wanted to do it herself and spare Chiara of any pain possible. But in order to be successful and precise, a person could only specialize in a singular magic vein.

"Do it when you can." she added. "Anything worth going to the Badger for?" Eva queried, doubting it could top any other work she had to get done.
"Always. I'll come with you if you're so desperate." Chiara responded playfully after nodding. "Actually, I insist on coming. Go get changed." Evangeline did as Chiara asked and admired her enthusiasm. Not a few moments later, they headed towards the town. With just a few strides out the door, the twins collided with their younger brother, Mason, displaying his smirk as per usual. Chiara quickly perked up, whilst Eva's eyes traced along his body ensuring he was okay. "There's some food inside if you'd like. Make sure your brother doesn't crack the meaning to the universe and leave us all behind, yeah?"
"Of course, Chiara." Mason replied dramatically, "See you two later." Eva gave him a small nod and the parties parted ways once more. That was the strange thing with the Di'Angelo family. Despite not always being together, they loved each other and every time they saw each other, it was like they'd never parted. The thought of her safe family was something Eva could always manage to be happy about.

It seemed the Lost Badger was a hub of activity, as the girls saw some of their fellow twins bustling about upon entry. Despite the joyous mood that seemed to flow throughout the tavern, Eva couldn't help but feel her knees buckle. The female recovered herself almost as quickly, and glanced to her sister. This place was where their mother retreated one too many times. Chiara's eyes lit up upon locking onto a group, with a few sets of twins, and from the looks of the bright energy radiating from them, there was a celebration of sorts going on. "Do I look okay? Anything, like, out of place?" Chiara asked as she brushed herself down. "No, perfect as usual." Eva offered a small, yet comforting smile.

Chiara managed an unsure grin back, before pulling Eva behind her as they weaved through people and furniture alike to get to the group. "Hey! For those of you I've never seen, name's Chiara. Continue with your conversation so I can find a chance to integrate normally." She grinned, "Oh and that's my sister, Eva." Chiara pointed behind her.
"And I'll be off." Eva added, turning and surveying the interior of the pub. There were a few people sitting alone, and she spotted a man with dark, long hair and lightly tanned skin sitting alone, reading. Curiosity got the best of Evangeline, and from one last glance around she knew nothing could go incredibly south. Eva stalked up behind him, silently as if the man were prey, and she peeked over his shoulder. "What are you reading?" she inquired after a few moments of trying to decipher the leather bound document herself.

Interacted- Semblance Semblance , SilverFlight SilverFlight , Vacuum Vacuum , Synder Synder Mentioned- N/A

Lukas Kydale had been walking for weeks alone with only one goal in mind. Now as the sun was going down he stood proudly on top of a hill; Bordissa just within eyesight. Finally he'd return home to his people and escape that damned war. However he haa very to face the truth no matter how hard that'd be for him. He was a deserter and as such he'd be hunted until found then executed without mercy. None of that stopped him though and with a hard step forward Lukas started for home.

When he reached Bordissa he couldn't help but smile and look up at the moon. He held his maninite necklace and kissed it, then gave a silent prayer of thanks to the first. As much as he wanted to return home to his family he knew he shouldn't. However that didn't stop him from doing just that. He figured his mother would be at her shop in the square at this time. Probably finishing up with Larissa and on her way back to bed. So Lukas made his way to the marketplace.

He leaned against a cold stone building with a view of the market in front of him. His black hood hanging low over his face. Before him, on the other side of the square, stood his mothers shop. Behind the counter was his mother and sister doing their usual routines. Lukas could see them from the light of the moon but he held still. The boy hadn't cried in a long time but he was helpless to fight it now. A single tear came out of his scarred blue eye before he wiped it away. As much as he wanted to run to them his body was frozen. His voice wouldn't make a sound and he hated himself for it.

Finally they left the square, probably to go home, see his Pa and eat supper then go to bed. Lukas reluctantly turned around and headed to the Badger. He had business to take care of with a local contact. A woman who had helped him once before. Upon reaching The Lost Badger Lukas could hear a beautiful tune playing. It was a nice song, beautiful, but it still soured his mood even further. When he entered the place Lukas had the decency to wipe off his muddy boots.

Then he scanned the room out of habit. Being a deserter has a way of making one paranoid. He had a little gold which he came by from selling his Santigion magic while traveling to those who needed care, of course it was foolish but he was desperate at the time. He found his contact amongst all the chaos, she was easy to pick out. However she seemed busy with a party, a birthday party? Lukas sat down at the bar and asked for something hard to drink. Then he waved down a servant girl, gave her a cup full of liquor and told her to take it to Thalia, his contact.

He watched the servant girl approach Thalia and hand her the drink. Then the woman pointed at Lukas, who waved Thalia down with a smile, and waited for her to come. She'd bring him documents, records of Lukas's existence in Bordissa, then he'd burn them all. He could no longer be Lukas Kydale, instead he'd have to be someone else.

Which is were his copper haired contact comes into play.

~*~

Larissa Kydale stood behind her mother within the food stand. They had a long line of customers even though the sky was beginning to darken. Momma always said Bordissa's poor were always welcome to a free meal. So whatever meat or bread they had which would soon spoil, her mother would make sure it didn't go to waste. Larissa simply watched as each person came, all hungry, then were fed in turn. It was a simple thing to do but she couldn't help but smile. Her mother was a gift from the first magician if she ever seen one.

However when Larissa's mother turned around the older woman was not smiling back at her. She was still heart broken over her father. It'd been six months since he passed and still Larissa could see the pain on her mothers face. It didn't help that her son was taken from her either. It was hard, but like always, Larissa looked forward. She was done crying or at least that's what she told herself but tears came all the same.

"Mother, let's go home now the soups been cookin all day." Larissa said to her as she began closing the store.

"No, I think I may stop by and see your father." Was her reply, it seemed that was always her reply.

"Mot-" Larissa was about to try and stop her but she knew it'd be in vain. "Fine I'll go with you."

"Not this time, you just run along and go home. I'll be back soon enough."

Larissa simply nodded in response, gave her mother a hug, then the two women walked outside. She heard her stomach growl and didn't realize how hungry she was. A day of work could take its toll on you. She figured a hot bath, hot soup and a warm bed was what she needed. So Larissa Kydale made her way home.

ADELA RYLAN & AUGUSTINE RYLAN

full
Adela's heart warmed as she watched the looks of pure delight and gratitude on the Whiles twins' faces. "It's really no problem," she responded with a blush and watched them slip on their new rings.

Augustine's eyes narrowed with suspicion as Thalia brushed off his accusation with feigned hurt. He could tell that she was enjoying this, which only fouled his mood further. "Who would be daft enough to try and steal from us besides you, you mean?" he clarified curtly. His mood lightened, however, when she implied the offering of her birthday cake. "I could possibly be bribed. Perhaps I will be less inclined to arrest you," he replied with the slightest hint of amusement in his voice. The temptation of cake overpowered some of his previous misgivings. "Make sure you ask for extra icing," August hastily reminded Alexis as they split ways.

A few minutes later, the pair of twins crossed the town center and entered the Lost Badger. Adela's hazel eyes surveyed the crowded pub, as many of the townsfolk were just getting off work and grabbing a few drinks before heading home. She noticed a short young woman with pale violet hair singing on stage and a tan man with arms covered in tattoos hunched over a leather bound book, recognizing him as Xander.

She immediately spotted her best friend, Ricky, playing darts as usual and challenging the drunkards around him. His voice, however, sounded different from normal. She detected hints of sorrow and dread in his voice, knowing instantly that something was wrong. Adela tried to catch his attention from across the pub when her efforts were interrupted by Thalia's speculations as to why Augustine was mean to her. Adela cracked a smile at the suggestion of his hidden romantic admirations.

257364-0ad8fa3c0021ba4f2bda4e28feee923e.jpg
Before she could respond, Augustine abrasively interjected. "You wish I fancied you," he retorted. "Sorry to disappoint you, but you're not my type," he added smugly.

Just then, a tall dark haired man approached their group and spoke directly to Augustine. The Protector in training turned his bright amber eyes onto the newcomer and surveyed the man. Always skeptical of strangers, he suppressed a scowl on his face when Thalia invited the newcomer to sit with them. "I see an an open table," he pointed to one at the center of the pub and led the way towards the wooden table.

August took a seat next to Adela and waved down a waiter. "Could we get five beers please?" he requested. "You drink beer, right?" he asked Jude in particular, not knowing the man's alcohol preferences. "So what brings you to Bordissa?" he added curiously. His new job had trained him to always ask the right questions, and he was interested as to what would bring someone to a small backwater village such as this one. His attention was distracted when a waiter delivered a drink to Thalia and pointed towards a rugged man he recognized as Lukas. Augustine's intuition instantly rose, his eyes narrowing suspiciously at the two acquaintances.

Adela's gaze shifted to Chiara and Eva approaching their table. She smiled at the sight of the Diangelo twins, always appreciating their company. "How are you, dears? Catch anything good today?" she asked them. "Come join us," she invited and scooted over to make room. "Madam, could you make that six beers actually?" the dreamweaver told the waiter when Eva made her leave. "How is your dancing coming along? I would love to watch you perform someday," Adela suggested to Chiara sincerely.

Last edited:
Riccardo
[Interacted: SilverFlight SilverFlight ShadyAce ShadyAce Semblance Semblance ] [Relevant to: Anyone in the tavern]
WQYATDk.png
The crowd of tavern-goers went about their discussions, some eyeing Ricky, as if to contemplate challenging him for the gold. When Ricky had started the pot, many customers were eager to take down the resident dart champ, but as time went on and word had spread about his conquests in the game, most sober men would restrain from challenging the young man unless their pride was tied to a thread by perhaps a pretty lady. It was evening, so Ricky had deduced that no one was quite drunk enough to challenge him quite yet. Ricky let out a quiet sigh, some of Sicilio's words beginning to set as nothing more could distract him. However, as his brow began to fold onto his eyes, he caught a quick glimpse of orange, fox-like hair. He narrowed his eyes, letting out a small smirk. It was brief, but he was able to spot and identify the excursion of a young thief, a thief he had briefly been introduced to by Adela as Thalia. Ricky always did have a knack for catching things at their prime moments.

"Well, well, well... Look atcha' go Foxy." He muttered under his breath.

Ricky folded his arms, admiring the event almost as an art, explicating it like one would do a painting. It was, at the very least, something to occupy his mind. He went quiet with thought, humming under his breath as he occasionally made eye contact with some of the other customers, hoping to lure one of them into a game. Eventually in the corner of his eyes, he caught a sight he was quite relieved to spot. While she was covered slightly by one of the other tables, the hair colour and the way she sat was unforgettably Adela, he didn't need to see the whole image to recognize his friend since childhood.

Riccardo quickly paced to their table, dancing past other customers quite swiftly. Once into proper view of Adela, he gave the distracted girl a quick wave and a friendly shout of greeting.

"Heyyy, did I hear talk o' beer?"
He intruded with his hands plastered to his hips with sarcastic disapproval. "Now, now Adelly, y'know a beer ain't a good beer without yers truly! Ya' better make that seven!" Ricky called to the waitress with an added wink.

Finally taking the care to check who was really at the table, he spotted the thief from earlier. He did remember that Adela and her shared a relationship and it was these sorts of coincidences that were not unusual for Ricky. As his eyes made for Thalia, he would shoot her a quick smirk, perhaps alluding to her that he was aware of what she had done. It was not, however, exactly subtle, it was more so stupidly obvious. Despite the gesture, he refrained from speaking to her, he did not have much to say to her after all. Ricky knew people usually had a reason for doing something, so he felt no need to judge or praise Thalia on her thievery. Instead, the young man's eyes ventured for what he was far more interested in, the pretty Di'angelo twin and Adela.

"Say, I see ya' 'round occasionally..." He would say to Chiara, rubbing the scruff on his chin, trying to see if he could pull out a name. He would simply shrug. "Eh, can't seem to pull a name outta my hat, sorry lady. Care to introduce me, Adelly?"

Last edited:
Jude followed the man to sit around a fine table near the center of the tavern. After seating himself along with the rest of the group, the man sitting beside Jude ordered up 5 beers. "Yes, beer is fine with me." Although Jude did not typically drink much, one or two beers wouldn't hurt. "I've come to Bordissa for a visit. I was born here and I wanted to come back and see what by birthplace is like." Jude didn't want to give his intentions away immediately, and also not to some stranger who might even be associated with Balbas. Speaking of strangers, Jude realized he hadn't gotten a single name from the surrounding people.

As Jude was about to ask for everyone's names when suddenly a barmaid came and set a drink down in front of the woman who invited him to sit' pointing at a man just a few tables over as he gave a smile and a small wave. At nearly the same time a brown haired blue eyed woman came exclaiming for us to continue with our conversation then introducing herself to her sister. They looked nearly the same age, perhaps they were twins?
"Well" Jude thought, "At least now I know a couple of name-" The woman named Eva immediately left for some other table knocking the names currently known down to one.

A boisterous young man gave a shout calling one of the women "Adelly". Although this seemed to be one more name, the way this man spoke implied it may also be a nickname, which would not be formal enough for Jude, as he hadn't spoken a word to her yet. Chaos didn't suit Jude well, which is why he didn't frequent taverns back in Great Salarch. Now as he was caught in a group of people who seemed to know each other quite well, chaos was a factor that was throwing Jude quite off balance. Before the barmaid left, Jude quickly snatched a couple coins from his pouch
"A bowl of stew for myself as well please!" flicking the coins over to her. The barmaid handily snatched them from the air and pocketed them before moving on.

Interacted: Semblance Semblance
Mentioned: MrBossMan MrBossMan ShadyAce ShadyAce SilverFlight SilverFlight Castello Castello

Xander
A finger absentmindedly tapping the spine of his tome, the swordsman seemingly quite interested in the work before him, eyes working their way left-to-right before snapping back with each new line. It was far from a clean book, but organization did come in many forms. For the Meridanian, it came in the chaotic package which sat in his hands, small folds of paper seen peeking out of later chapters. He didn't seem much too aware of the eyes which were trained on him, all focus saved for the ink. While the writing which sat on the leaflet was far from the neatest, the calligraphy slanting slightly right, it remained an even, fair size, the work of steady hands. Further down the page sat a sketch made with a patient quill and plenty of time, an rough bit of line work involving the season's constellations by the looks of it.

At the sound of a familiar voice, Xander blinked with a hint of surprise, turning to greet Evangeline with a smile. "Oh, ah... Some old ideas I had. Minor projects with my sister, really. Correlating time and the stars with magic, a bunch of theories. Could be true, as with any, but... So many ways to test with the stars, after all. Too curious for our own good then, had all the time in the world and spent it on paper." A lighthearted snicker at that, Xander set the journal down to offer his attention, soon snapping to the best small talk he had. "Oh, been well, lately? Any troubles arisen?" The smith shifted slightly to offer up the nearest seat if desired, an arm shifting over the chair's back to more comfortably look towards the familiar face. Even still, a pair of fingers couldn't help but tap against the page of his work, a light rhythm subconsciously rapped against parchment.

Interacted: ShadyAce ShadyAce
Mentioned: N/A

Ambrose Culpesso

A chirpy voice behind him - a welcome distraction from the silence that forced him to think.

"Out of the Fiore and into the furnace," Ambrose grinned, swivelling to walk in a casual reverse whilst she caught up, his hands in his pockets. Fiore was exactly the kind of girl he felt someone of his outward disposition should have been interested in - attractive, lively and fiery like him. A potential town power couple, if only the world were that simple. But a relationship came with the price of responsibility, Ambrose's archnemesis, and the likelihood of prompting his father's 'whatever happened to that lovely Rylan lass, sonny?' again. He'd never thought of her as more than a childhood familiar, though his bombasticness well disguised his inner sense of detachment.

"Keeping like hare in a castle cellar, thanks! Just en route back from the same-old-same-old, y'know, keepin' brother beautiful's crops happy and his kids happier. How about you two?" He knew the answer, of course - they'd have been doing their usual work, and he wagered he could near prophesy the exact way they'd respond. He knew this town like it was a third twin to him, but hearing a familiar answer would provide the satisfying comfort of foreknowledge. He nodded to Rohis with a smirk of half-challenge, a sort of teasing provocation to actually speak to him, though really he was more than content with her silence.

Fiore proposed a trip to the Badger, and Ambrose's mind whizzed. If only they could guess the conflict that question caused. The truth was whilst the Badger was great for people, and the alternatibe was the torturous solitude of his house and mind. Yet he found it rather a stifling place, claustrophobic and crammed full of helpless older types, grumbling half-teethed souls with hollow half-hopes. They terrified him, for he was sure that, one day, that would be him, an old forgotten fool making a scene in the corner of some nowhere-tavern, selling his life for a handful of laughs. That's what he felt he deserved, anyway. To top it off, the Badger was dim, claustrophobic and provided far too many contenders for the centre of attention that he feared he'd get out of hand again, like he had last week. And there was a significant chance that Adela would be there, and over the past months he'd discovered that his ability to hide his discomfort didn't nullify said discomfort. Every cold stare, every unspoken 'why' felt like a hammer to his vagabond visage, and there was only so much he knew he could take before he would crack.

Ambrose masked this rapid introspection under a single heavy sigh, allowing his body to slump in melodramatic reluctance. "My sincerest apologia, Fi, but it ain't my night tonight. Gotta help yonder sister pack up shop. She isn't coming either - another batch of ill health for me poor old blister Celia." This was a habitual lie, agreed upon that morning by the twins. Old Mrs Tanner was suffering from pollen fever and Celia was planning on springing into action.

Spinning suddenly to his reverse walk again, Ambrose's face lit up with a sudden roughish grin. "But tell you what, a baby bird told me there might be a gathering at the pond tomorrow afternoon, if you're free. Your old pal Culpesso's planning some major frivolity to make the most of this summer scorcher, if that interests your ladyship?"

Their small company had now reached the town centre, where the marketeers were setting down shop. Ambrose's eyes skitted inquisitively across the stalls, giving the impression of childish interest. At the far side of the square was the Badger, an unfamiliar voice singing a beautfiul yet unfamilisr tune audible from within its walls. Almost beautiful enough to tempt him, but no, thanks! The melody barely concealed the bustle of early evening visitors - and by the First, it was still light! He did not regret his choice.

"Feel free to leave me if you want," Ambrose cheekily offered his companions, "no hard feelings. I'll just go and cry myself to sleep, is all."

Volfy Volfy The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

c930f8c83043a8cf4b7674f488d84e34.jpg Thalia could almost feel the judging assessment Jude was applying to her appearance. She stopped herself from sighing, wondering if this man could compete with August for being king of the knotted knickers. She doubted it. The man said nothing more to her, so she was content to do the same for now. No need to be rude. The bright side of being a trouble-maker was often knowing when not to start it.

"Now August, there's no need to be ashamed of your feelings." Thali patted his shoulder sympathetically, ignoring the protests. "Who could blame you?"

It seemed their party was growing steadily and Thali offered a bright smile to Adela's friend, the girl called Chiara. "I'm afraid with an introduction like that you're not getting 'normal' anytime soon, but I'd say that's a good thing. The best people never call themselves normal." She gestured for the girl to sit, even as her sister wandered off in search of other company.

Just after Chiara introduced herself another figure came over, nimbly skirting the other patrons with a level of skill that won Thalia's approval. It was the fellow who had been winning at darts. Her heart crept slowly into her mouth as he saw her but he offered her a less-than-discrete smile.

She grinned back, inventing the notion of a private joke shared between them. It sort of was in a way. His lackadaisical nature and forward approach eased her suspicion. This one was certainly no August, and he had proven himself the start of a friend.
"Thalia," She offered, reclining in her chair. "Nice to meet you O Lord 'o' the Darts." Her offered name was also for the rest of the people whom she had not yet formally met.

So far this evening was much more people-filled than she had originally expected and she relished the company. Thalia realized she had likely been too careful since coming here, actively avoiding situations like this in fear of someone catching on to who and what she was. This was fun, and she was reminded ever so slightly of the nights in the slums of Salarch, with friends and allies of her age or younger all crammed into a small room sharing drinks and laughs and stories. A pang of regret hit her as she was reminded just how much she missed her friends and her old life, and this, as pleasant as it was, was sadly no replacement.

She caught herself smiling ruefully at the grain of the wooden table and it was just then when a glass of light, amber liquor was set down before her vision by an unknown hand. She looked up, puzzled and the server pointed to a dark man in dark clothes, but sporting a light smile.
Recognition lit her own eyes and she smiled back, raising her hand to let him know he'd been seen. She did not fail to notice that August too, recognized the man...that was not good.
Her face was a casual mask as she stood with practiced nonchalance. The facade to cover her tracks in front of August was now no longer a game; now, it was business.

"'Scuse me loves, I won't be a minute," and with that she made her way over to the counter, and the man.
He was rugged, dark haired and looked older than she was, though she doubted he was very much older at all. That's what they did to healers in the army, and the wrap for deserting would be worse if he was caught. Which was why he had come to Thalia Whiles, and why he wouldn't get caught.

"Hello friend." Thalia greeted him warmly as she leaned close to him to make herself heard in the din of the pub. "Let's take a walk. It's stuffy in here...Oh! by the way, I've got what you asked for." Thalia knew better than to mention anything out loud, or make the object of their business seem a focus of the meeting. She knew how to speak vaguely and still be understood and she thanked her training against sensorae for knowing to do it.

She led the way into the open air outside the pub and took a breath of the fresh, cool night.
"Much better." She said, and even as she did she was casting a glance about the square, to see who might be watching them idly, and who might be watching with interest. The bard was out, as well as a swordswoman Thalia had barely seen. No threats as of yet.

This job required care, much more than she used just looking out for herself. Being seen by Ricardo was sloppy, but she wouldn't be sloppy here. She had been trained by the best thieves in Salarch and she knew exactly how to work. The job got more complicated when people were suspicious though, and August was nothing but suspicious of her lately.
"There is a small chance that a protector-in-training will have a slight, albeit presently unfounded interest in what I'm doing. We might have company in the form of August Rylan, I'm not sure how well you know him but I'd like to avoid giving him any reason to doubt my honesty. Let me handle him."

With that she led the way to the side of the apothecary, to an herb-drying cabinet adjacent to the outdoor furnace that heated the shop. Beside this sat a simple, cloth bag, so plain that it blended right in with the firewood, tools and other odds and ends collected in the corner. This she picked up. It was filled with five or six paper scrolls.
"I don't think you'll like everything I've got in there, but I'm sure there's at least one you'll find interesting."

Meanwhile Alexis returned to the Badger with a look of proud accomplishment on his face. In both hands he held a wooden plate, and on the plate was a massive, triple-layer, double-iced chocolate and strawberry cake. A healthy swirl of whipped cream spiraled upwards on the top, ringed by fresh, up-turned strawberries. More berries ringed the whole cake and all of it was dusted finely with chocolate shavings. It (as was agreed by the baker when Alexis paid him) was truly a masterpiece of confectionery talent.

When Alexis spotted Adela he made his way over to her, slowing a little when he saw all the new faces now gathered beside the old.
"I...wasn't aware we had so many friends here." He said delicately, and then: "will they be wanting cake too?" His brow knit suddenly as he realized there was one rather important face missing.
"Where's Thali?"

in order of interaction:
Semblance Semblance ShadyAce ShadyAce Castello Castello @BusinessMan

mentioned: Vacuum Vacuum SkyGinge SkyGinge Volfy Volfy

Last edited:
Chiara Di'Angelo
PSmKSd2oRSibkUcc_sIwig.png

Interacted: Semblance Semblance , Castello Castello , SilverFlight SilverFlight
Chiara happily sat next to Adela, since that was the one girl she knew out of this group. Chiara beamed at the prospect of someone taking interest in her passion that lie in dancing. "Well! I performed earlier today, actually. Just missed me, unfortunately for you." she grinned playfully, "And what about you? The store been going well?" Chiara soon swiveled her attention to yet another addition to the group. "I do tend to get around, if I say so myself," Chiara's liveliness was shining through, though her tone was clearly laced with a slight amount of sarcasm. "Name's Chiara." she gave a small grin to the man with a... unique accent to say the least. Her blue eyes scanned over the group, attempting to commit the faces to memory. After all, if she ever noticed any of them in the town, she'd want to go get to know them better.

Then her attention was drawn to a girl she'd never seen in town before, and Chiara returned the wide grin. "Now you've got some wisdom up here," she gestured to her own head with a tap, "Because I am certainly one of the best." And yet the girl knew that was a lie as soon as the words slid out of her mouth. Chiara could never even meet her own standards. Not a moment later, the girl gave her name as Thalia. "And what is your name 'Lord o the Darts'?" Chiara turned back to Ricky, though she was mocking in her tone towards Thalia, giving the short haired girl an mischievous side glance accompanied with a grin. This merely highlighted the friendliness intended by the action.

As one of the party made her exit, another soon arrived with a well-welcomed extravagant cake. "I'll always be your friend if you spare me a slice." Chiara replied, before adding "But I'll gladly be your friend if you don't." with a warm smile. "Thalia? She went up to the counter and met another older looking man... after that, I don't know where she went." Chiara responded, attempting to be as helpful as possible and was generally upset she wasn't anymore specific. "Oh! I'm Chiara, by the way. It's good to meet you."

Evangeline Di'Angelo
ttYJLC9OSLG7t7yjhqlnZA.png

Interacted: Synder Synder
Eva could tell the man was slightly surprised, but upon him spinning around she couldn't stop herself from being a little shocked as well. Xander? She hadn't seen him- well, talked to him- in lord knows how long. He began to explain the document to her, and with his word's of guidance in her head, she managed to begin to understand the pages her eyes were scanning over. Though eventually, her thoughts wandered back to the magically-infused deer she'd caught earlier in the day. "It's all very intriguing, isn't it? The way magic weaves itself into reality? Someday you'll have to walk me through these theories you have." she tapped the parchment over his shoulder with a small smile, "I'm sure there's something we could discuss and explore some time."

Eva noticed Xander switch into small talk, and offered a seat beside him for her. She hesitated for a moment, debating whether it would make her appear too emotional, or cause her to begin to expose her emotions more if she sat. But Evangeline decided it would look even worse if she didn't, and so she sat next to him. And after all, it was only casual small talk. With her body slightly turned towards him, Eva gave a light chuckle, though it was, for the most part, emotionless. "As well as I'll always be. Life has been relatively mundane. Though, there was this strange smell in the forest..." Trailing off, Evangeline shook her head in dismissal. "It's nothing. What about you? Life been treating you well? I've noticed you've gotten busy over this past year - we've had no chances to go on some exploring trips." she withheld a sad sigh, since Xander was really one of few people she could do something with, but not have to expose her entire self for.

When he saw Thalia raise her hand in the air, an obvious sign she saw him, Lukas turned back around. He finished his drink with a long swig then wiped his scruffy beard clean with his arm sleeve. He could see Thalia walk towards him in the mirror hanging up over the bar. She moved with a sense of grace and causal nonchalance but Lukas saw right through her act. She was now a professional even though she seemed hell bent on screaming to the world 'I'm a good girl, ignore me.'

Finally she reached him and sat on the bar stool next to his. The first thing Lukas noticed about her was her smell. For a gal who dressed like a man she sure smelled like a lady. Then she leaned in close so he could hear; which was hard in the Badger then she asked to go for a walk. Of course Lukas obliged as these next moments of his life could very well turn for the worse. So some alone time didn't sound like a bad idea.

The two walked outside and as they did Lukas pulled his hood over his head. A movement which was simply habitual for the young deserter. Maybe Thalia would find it a bit conspicuous but he wouldn't care. As the two teens stood in front of The Lost Badger's porch entrance Lukas stood tall. He heard Thalia's comment about the air outside which Lukas shook his head in agreement. The moon was out and as stunning as ever so Lukas looked up at the sky and the stars. For him the night sky was a route to escape, everything just seemed so damn pretty way up there.

"Ya that tavern isn't my kind o'place if you know what I mean."

With that the two began walking and as they did Lukas was trying to spot constellations in the cool night sky. When he found the cluster of stars which made "The First Magician" he focused back in on what Thalia was saying about August Rylan. Apparently the wannabe protector could be a problem for them. Thalia assured him she could handle it and Lukas believed her. However Lukas had been running this encounter in his head for weeks. Which is to say he came prepared and he wouldn't ever think of putting his entire life on the shoulders of a thief.

"Don't stress about it," he said to her with a surprising sense of calm. He then reached into his coat and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "I wrote you a poem confessing my undying love for you." He said with a blank face but his tone was disdainful. The L word was one which brought a sour taste to his tongue. "I figured if someone where to see us walk outside together the poem could easily provide us both an alibi." He didn't meet her eyes as he said the words instead he was to busy thinking of his future after he got hold of the documents.

Thalia was a good thief and a person Lukas could rely on. He didn't doubt her ability to see a job done but after all of this Lukas still didn't quite trust her. Honestly you couldn't fault him for it, he didn't trust anyone really. Sadly as of right now Lukas didn't have anyone else to help him so he'd have to swallow his stubbornness if he really wanted to get home. Lukas Kydale really did want to get home.

"Take it or leave it I don't care," he said to her as they walked, the poem on his mind. "All I did was copy the damn words from some book. If some people saw two teens leave a tavern chances are it isn't to go to Assembly and pray to the first." Then with that Lukas dropped the topic and let Thalia decide how she'd proceed. The pair also managed to arrive at the location where the documents were hidden. Thalia picked up a small cloth bag and tossed it over to him.

Instantly the rogue Santigion knelt down and fumbled through all the scrolls. He sat looking at them all in turn. A notary of the birth of twins, Lukas and Larissa, a smile crossed his lips when he read the paper. "I knew I was older than my sister," he said aloud "my ma and pa never told us who was born first. So her and I used to fight for it." He then continued rummaging through them all. Another scroll was about a health visit, apparently he had a bad sickness as a boy. Nearly killed him because Bordissa lacked a Santigion but luckily he pulled through.

He was satisfied with everything until he found one more document at the bottom of the bag. Thalia may have been in a rush and just grabbed everything she could. Now that he was here though Lukas made sure to go over them all. So he reached down and opened up the last scroll. Ready to move on from this episode of his life.

"

SilverFlight SilverFlight Semblance Semblance SkyGinge SkyGinge
@All Y'all

Last edited:
ADELA RYLAN

full
Adela heard her name being called out and swiveled around to face the source. Her face immediately lit up when she saw Ricky, her childhood friend and probably closest friend in this town. "Ricks!" She smiled and gave him a friendly side hug, given that she was sitting down and he was standing up. "Ah, my apologies. Be careful, you and Augustus have been trying to outdrink each other for ages now," she replied with amusement at his request for beer. "You been badgering that ole Sicilio again?" she accused playfully, glancing over at the old drunkard leaving the bar. "One day, you're going to get yourself into real trouble. Don't get too cocky now," she added, half seriously and half playfully. The dreamweaver was quite confident in her friend's skills with the darts, but this was a bar after all, where fights break out for no apparent reason.

She then remembered the sorrow in his voice from earlier, something that only she could detect from their many years of friendship. "Everything alright?" she lowered her voice so that only he could hear her. Her wide hazel eyes gazed up at him with genuine concern.

Before she could receive an answer, however, Thalia interjected with a greeting to the "Lord o' the Darts." Adela's face broke out into an amused smile as she looked between the two of them. She noticed the look that they exchanged, not quite certain what it meant, but made a mental note of it.

Shifting her attention onto Chiara, Adela replied, "Ah, you must have looked lovely. Do tell me when you are next performing. I would love a change of scenery." She gestured with her hand towards the rest of the bar, implying what a rambunctious environment this was and clearly displaying her distaste for it. "Your sister's contributions really help! Business has been great," Adela responded about the herbal shop. Eva would often bring back herbs from deep within the forest during her hunts. "Which I guess isn't necessarily a good thing..." she added more softly, referring to the multitude of both physically and mentally ill patients she had been receiving.

At Ricky's request to be introduced to Chiara, a knowing glint appeared in Adela's eyes. The Di'Angelo twin was just Ricky's type. "Ah forgive me! I forgot to introduce you two," the dreamweaver interjected. "Ricky, this is the beautiful Chiara. You should watch her dance sometime. She's wonderful," she said. "And Chiara, this is Ricky. We've been friends for as long as I can remember... unfortunately," she added teasingly. "Around him, nothing bad can happen to you!" she said, suggesting his Ventant abilities.

Her hazel eyes began to wander throughout the rest of the bar as the interactions continued. An annoying small part of her wished to see her former lover, Ambrose. However, Adela knew he would be swallowed up by the ocean before visiting a bar such as the Lost Badger. Hell, the only reason she was here was for Thalia's and Alexis' birthdays. Still, her mind couldn't help but keep an eye out for him. However, perhaps it was for the best that she didn't see him. It seemed like he would always stubbornly invade her thoughts every time she even caught a glimpse of him. Adela liked to believe that she had moved on, that she was over whatever romance they had shared long ago, but a deep part of her knew that these were only false beliefs.

Her thoughts were interrupted at Alexis' return to the Badger, and he came bearing gifts. Her hazel eyes lit up at the sight of the massive decorated cake. "I'm sure many of them would like a slice," Adela replied, her suspicions confirmed at Chiara's insistence. She gave Alexis a sympathetic look, knowing that he tended to avoid large social settings such as this. Even she was starting to feel self-conscious being around so many people. "The more the merrier thought, right?" she asked, trying to stay optimistic. "Thalia stepped out with a man named Lukas Kydale. He's a Santigion who recently returned from the war, although I'm not sure what he needed from Thalia," Adela replied, catching the suspicious look on her brother's face and giving him a warning look.

AUGUSTINE RYLAN

257364-0ad8fa3c0021ba4f2bda4e28feee923e.jpg
August nodded slowly as he listened to Jude talk about his visit to Bordissa, but kept a careful gaze on Thalia and Lukas as they conversed. "Wow, where did you go? I've never left Bordissa before," he replied, his voice filled with curiosity but his eyes still distracted. The waitress set a craft beer in front of him and he smiled graciously at her before handing over a couple of silver coins.

When he saw Thalia and Lukas quietly slip out the back door of the bar, August feigned an apologetic look on his face. "I'm sorry, will you excuse me? Nature calls," he joked to Jude and took a sip of his beer before smoothly standing up from his chair. He made his way through the crowd and out into the humid, night air. The full moon provided a nice illumination to the darkness and Augustine was able to make out two figures by the side of the apothecary. He also spotted a familiar-looking stocky man in the town center with a shorter blonde woman. He narrowed his eyes as he recognized the man as Ambrose, his sister's former lover. After the two split, August had become openly hostile towards Ambrose, but that was an encounter for another day.

The Ghiacciel mage shifted his attention back onto Thalia and Lukas when a bag of scrolls was exchanged between them. He heard their soft voices, but couldn't quite make out what they were saying. Careful to stick to the shadows of the building, Augustine quietly slinked a bit closer to the pair. Although he still couldn't make out any words, he heard Lukas' voice rise as he opened the scrolls. Planning to catch them in the middle of an illegal act, August stepped out from the darkness and made his presence known to the pair. "What's going on here?" he asked loudly and accusingly, his voice filled with aggression. "What do you have in your hands?" he looked directly at Lukas before gesturing at the scroll in his hands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back