• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Magic Tricks & Monsters {Closed}

Rhianna

She lives in a fairy tale
A Synopsis;

A group of friends get together and form a school club dedicated to magic. What happens though when a witch opens a portal that lets the monsters under your bed come to life?

Daniel walked slowly throughout the dim-lighted hallways, his movements mimicking those of a zombie's. He was exhausted, for he stayed up until three o'clock in the morning writing an essay he had completely forgotten about. Sighing in disapproval at his actions, the teenager stumbled tiredly over towards his locker to retrieve his books for homeroom. As he did this, he noticed a girl that was standing at the far end of the hallway speaking to one of her peers. Almost instantly he knew it was Lana, one of the most popular girls in school. He watched closely as she said goodbye to her friends and then started to stroll her way over towards her locker, which was coincidentally right next to his.

It itched. Calvin scratched his arm, frowning as he walked down the hall with his friends, all of them laughing and joking about something or other while Calvin hardly paid attention to what they were going on about. He had more important things to worry about, like this stupid bite he got on his arm. When did it happen? He didn't really know and after checking with Doc, the school's best underground doctor, he concluded that he'd gotten bitten by some type of dog or something. It wasn't fatal nor did he show signs of rabies (and Calvin had the shots to prove it, just to be safe), so there wasn't really anything Doc could do about it. Calvin just had to live with it. Waving to his friends, he approached his locker, spinning the lock in the combination. When it didn't work, he rose an eyebrow, trying it again... and again... and again until finally, he snapped, punching the locker and smashing the lock.

"Hey!" Another voice rang out, startling Calvin with its loudness. "That's my locker you're messing with!" Whoever it was, approached him, pushing him out of the way and inspecting the damage, the locker itself was not too noticeably dented, but the lock was nearly torn apart. "You... you broke the lock." The person, a girl with wild brown hair, turned to look at him, "How...?" Calvin backed up.

"I, uh... sorry," He finished lamely, rubbing the back of his head, "Maybe your lock was just... really old." He didn't know how he did it himself, "Um, if it'll... uh, make you feel better, I'll buy you a new one." He had cash, luckily he still had that crappy job at the Go n' Flow mart. She crosses her arms, frowning at him before shaking her head, not entirely convinced.

"Yeah, that's fine." She finally responds after a beat and Calvin lets loose the breath he didn't know he was holding. "Just... um," She turned and opened her locker, above her head Calvin could see books stacked in the middle and trash among other things littered around the books. "Let me put my extra books in my locker until you can buy me a new lock."

"Yeah, sure..." Calvin couldn't help but think something was wrong with him. He never got his locker wrong. Never. He looked up at the number 1043. His locker was 1045. Calvin apporached the locker, putting in his combination and pulling at the lock with a satisfied click. He then grabbed his own books and stepped aside, allowing the girl to load her books into the locker.

"...at least you didn't dent it." She then said, turning to look at him, her brown eyes intense. "Anyway, I'll come find you at lunch, I've gotta change my books then." Without waiting for Calvin to respond, she closed her locker and took the lock off, shoving it into her bag and walking down the hall, leaving him standing there.

Calvin didn't even know who she was.

He felt his pulse racing, he had never been this nervous in his entire life? Was she going to speak to him? Was she going to ask him out on a date? No, girls like her don't ask guys like him on dates. He was wildly unpopular, despite the fact that he has been on the varsity basketball team since he was fourteen. Daniel thought since he was good at the well-known sport that he would become an instant ladies man, a sex magnet. Unfortunately that wasn't the case for him. Even the players on his own team didn't even know him by his first name. Maybe Lana did though? That's why she was coming over here? Again, that was very unlikely.

Daniel let a hand run through his blonde hair as she approached, her green eyes glistening in the light. God, if only he were older and had more muscle tone. "Uh, hey Lana." he said to her, trying his best to sound like one of the cool kids. He was failing miserably. She didn't even look his direction. This made Daniel begin to pout like a little boy, he was flustered. Instead, she focused on what was concealed inside of her locker, it must have been important because she didn't even seem to be interested in what was happening. "I'm starting a magic club, after school. I heard that you liked magic." he added, talking extremely fast. His heart was practically beating outside of his chest now. "You don't know the first thing about magic if it bit you in the ass." Lana remarked, a growl coming off of the end of her tongue. In this conversation, it was clear that he was the mouse and she was the snake.

In passing, Calvin saw that boy--he couldn't remember his name for the life of him, but he looked strangely familiar--try and fail to talk to Lana Merranda, one of the school's most popular girls. With a shake of his head, Calvin continued walking down the hall. Though the thought of a magic club kind of... intrigued him. He needed more extracurricular activities, there was only so much volunteering at the nursing home he could take. Sure, old people were cool, but Calvin needed a some new hobbies, ones that didn't involve hurtling onto a mat from fifteen to twenty feet in the air, spooning up mashed foods into elders' mouths or running around a track. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try, after all.

Then the bell rang and Calvin nearly fell over. Was the bell always this loud? He couldn't remember what it sounded like before. Shoving books into his bag, Calvin gripped his ears as he walked down the hallway. Maybe he should've gone to a real doctor...

--

Mableize sat down in class, glasses pushed up into her hair. If she didn't do something about them soon, they'd end up tangled in the wild mess she called hair. The tanned-skinned girl looked around the classroom. There was obviously something wrong here. That boy earlier... the one she recognized in a few of the sports photos near the 'trophy hall' was strange. Marbleize needed to keep an eye on him, after all, he did break her lock. She was surprised that no-one else had seen, or if they had, they hadn't said anything. She would've said something, that's for sure. The bell rang and students came pouring into the classroom as Marbleize set about the task of untangling her glasses from her hair.

Lana rolled her eyes at this insolent little boy. He had the audacity to dare speak to her! If this were a couple of decades ago, she could've easily ripped him in two with the snap of her fingers. Sadly, this was a new generation of idiotic assholes that she had to occupy her time with. When she heard him go on about magic, she grinned from ear to ear. Maybe it was time to show these kids what magic really was. She let out a sigh and turned to face him. He wasn't bad looking, he was just really weird and looked as if he hadn't slept in months. "Tell you what." she said to him in a fake, sweet tone. Then she made her move, now walking closer towards him. She took his shirt into her hand and pulled him closer so they were face to face."If I join your little magic club, can I show you some magic of my own?" she asked him, her voice filled with seduction, her eyes darkening.

Daniel was thoroughly petrified of her, she was sexy and intimidating. They were so close to one another, he could practically inhale her vanilla scented perfume. "That...would be nice." he breathed, his pupils were now dilated. He watched as she began to smile at him, her face twisted with an unknown emotion. The tall boy then heard the bell ring, forcing Lana to let go of him. For a small girl, she sure had a lot of strength. "I'll see you after school, Daniel." Lana said to him sensually, giggling to herself as she grabbed her books and slammed her locker shut. She then sashayed away down the hallway and to her class. Daniel himself was left there sexually confused and a little bit turned on. The things beautiful women did to him....

If there was one thing that Calvin hated, it was probably 11th grade English. He didn't hate it, per se, but he really didn't freakin' like it. His teacher, a woman with thinning hair that played the same movie at least twice a week, was a nobody that clearly didn't give half a crap about teaching them anything. Calvin knew once it came time for standardized tests, his class would flunk out thanks to her. With a sigh, he scratched his arm as the teacher napped through the movie. Half the kids weren't even in the class, probably roaming the halls like Calvin could be, but no, Calvin was much too goody for that.

He looked down at his sleeve, then, making sure no-one was watching, he pulled up his sleeve, wincing at the sight of the bite. It looked worse than before. Calvin could only groan as he saw it. It was going to be hot soon, his parents would wonder why he was wearing hoodies and long sleeve shirts soon enough. Calvin could only hope that it healed before then. With another heavy sigh, he rolled down his sleeve and took out his phone. If nothing else, the damned thing itches but didn't hurt. He'd have to get some ointment for it after school.

--

Math class wasn't exactly Marbleize's cup of tea. Sure, she wasn't dumb, but math always had an effect on her. It made her lazy and unmotivated. She could do the work if she wanted, but that would require paying attention and… Marbleize wasn't about to listen to a man groan on about--what was it? Something about 'x' again, she figured after staring at the board. Digging around in her bag, Marbleize pulled out a notebook filled with papers sticking out and unbounded it, watching as it flapped open, though none of the papers flew away. She picked up the one at the top of the pile, on the front it read 'Magic Club'. She was interested. At her old school back near the mountains, they had nothing like clubs. Usually everybody was on a sports team or joined the nature survivalists and spent their free time in the woods or up on the mountains.

Besides, she needed to find a club to join so that she didn't have to go home to an empty house. Maybe it'd even get her some new friends. Marbleize looked around the classroom once more, spotting nothing of interest and turned back to her notebook, placing all the papers inside and binding it closed. "Hopefully this club doesn't suck…" She mumbled under her breath and pulled a pencil from her bag. She might as well take notes since she was there.

<p>Daniel waddled to History class with a dazed look in his eyes. It was as if he was in a trance. Lana completely bewitched him, she knew her way around awkward teenage boys. He noticed a couple of stragglers in the hallway looking at him suspiciously, their eyebrows were raised in confusion. He didn't care though, time was non-existent in his eyes.</p>

<p>

"Such a freak." one boy commented, his girlfriend laughing in agreement along with his snide remark. This made Daniel roll his eyes at the snobby couple, making a mental note in his mind that he would get them back sooner or later. </p>

<p>

Before he knew it, he was at the door leading to his class. He was dreading this period, for it was his worst subject of the day. He contemplated the thought of dropping out of school for a brief moment to move to New York City, like every teenager seemed to do at one point in their life. His real goal was to become a professional basketball player though, which was probably never going to happen. He did know a couple of lucky tricks, but he was never hit with the luck himself.</p>

<p>

With a final sigh, Daniel turned the knob leading to the classroom; already feeling the embarrassment that was going to be forced upon him.</p>

<p>

-----</p>

<p>

Lana giggled to herself like a little girl in a candy store. Maybe this would be her opportunity to show her master that she was serious about being a witch. No one ever believed her, considering that she was only a teenager when she first started to practice the dark arts; and that she was undoubtedly gorgeous. Not all witches were green and have warts, you know. </p>

<p>

The small framed teenager waltzed her way to the basement, knowing that no one really ever went down there. Apparently it was haunted, Lana couldn't imagine why. It wasn't like an insane group of Satanists were worshiping their lord in a creepy, dingy, and moldy room where the school's left over set designs from the plays were kept. She proceeded to turn the knob and let out an irritated breath. Out of all of the places, a basement in Queens, New York had to be the one where the apocalypse began.</p>

Class being over before Calvin could even say it really began, he sighed, happy that in this next class, he at least knew someone. And this class wasn't a bore either. Art class usually kept Calvin's attention locked on whatever they were learning, but he was having a hard time focusing. Not only did the bite on his arm itch, but it throbbed in a dull pain. "Fuck..." He mumbled, rubbing his arm just as his friend sits down at the table.

"Hey, Cal," He says, his laughter dying down immediately, "You okay, man?" Calvin looks up to see his best friend Matthew sitting across from him. "That bite still botherin' ya?" And Matt was the only person he'd told about the bite besides, of course, Doc.

"It's just really itchy." Calvin replies, trying to downplay how much it hurt. Matthew doesn't believe him, it looks like.

"Yeah, okay." Matthew says, "Want some of my cream? Shit's cold as fuck. I think it'll help." Matthew reaches into his backpack and pulls out a tube of homemade cream, sliding it across the table.

"Yeah, thanks, Matt." Calvin rolls up his sleeve, exposing the bite to Matthew who winces. "Don't fuckin' stare, I know it's gross."

"So gross." Matthew comments, watching as Calvin squirts out a large amount of cream, "Dude, that's like half the fuckin' tube." And lathers it all over his arm, sighing as the coolness makes contact with his skin.

"So fuckin' what if it's half the tube. I deserve it." Calvin responds, making Matthew roll his eyes.

"Yeah, man. You deserve it."

--

Having gym next was not what Marbleize wanted. And as such, she skipped. Gym was the class where she got made fun of for some reasons she could never really figure out. She was good at it, being able to do push-ups and sit-ups easily. Marbleize didn't know why people made fun of her, seeing as the kids playing sports where able to do the same thing. She had no interest in sports though. Marbleize approached her locker, suddenly remembering that it was broke. "Shit, I hope my passes are okay..." She opens the busted door and rifles through the trash, finally finding the pass. "Maybe I'll go to the library this time..."

She walked down the hallway, filling out the pass as she went. Maybe she'd go to gym tomorrow.

The day seemed to fly by rather quickly, due to the fact that Daniel was anticipating his next encounter with Lana again. Maybe this year would finally be the year that he got laid. God knows how much he needed it. The basketball player strolled to lunch, his mind wandering over to the previous events that occurred in the morning. The way she touched him, mocking the movements of a love-sick girlfriend. At least, that is what it seemed to be like, in his opinion. He remembered then that he had lunch with her, the girl of his dreams. He was secretly hoping she would sit next to him.

By the time he got to the cafeteria, he noticed that everyone was already situated in their seats with their friends. Him? He really didn't have anyone to sit with at lunch, he was basically your average, everyday loner. Seeing no sign of Lana anywhere, Daniel continued to sit himself down next to a kid reading one of the books in the Game of Thrones series, and another girl who was braiding her hair. 'Great!' he thought to himself, throwing his bag on the table in front of him to retrieve his lunch.

Where the Hell was Lana?

-----

"You guys do realize that this is a terrible place to have a meeting, right?" Lana questioned the older looking people around her, whose faces reading emotionless like a blank card. She was sitting on a cold, concrete floor, her black cloak concealing her rather revealing dress. Modesty was the best policy after all, except for a 100 year old witch who frankly didn't give a fuck anymore.

The people surrounding her didn't seem to care either, they were too busy chanting a demonic saying to pay attention to what Lana had to say. "Ms. Merranda, do you have your human to perform the spell on?" a scratchy voiced asked the red head in the darkness. This made Lana shake in anxiety, she really hated when these people spoke to her.

"I sure did, he was practically ready to drop his pants when I said the first word." Lana answered the voice confidently, looking up at the pentagram that was neatly drawn on the wall in front of her face. She was getting excited now.

When lunch finally rolled around, Calvin was seated at his usual table with Matthew and his girl of the week seated across from him. It was easy enough for him to make conversation with her, seeing as she wasn't as high-strung and pretentious as Matt's other girlfriends (and also because she wasn't trying to flirt with him or even seemed interested). Clara was rather nice and Calvin couldn't sense any ill will towards his best friend that he usually would've felt from other girls.

Clara was nice and actually seemed to care about Matthew. "…jumped the fence and ran. Craziest dinner party I've ever been to." Clara finishes her tale, Matthew having a hard time regaining himself as a few more of their friends sit down at the table.

After greetings, regular talk begins and Calvin is digging into his food when he feels a tap on his shoulder. "Don't look now," one of the guys says, "Loser patrol on your left."

Despite his words, Calvin does look up, seeing the girl from earlier standing behind him. "I could vault you over this table." She says, glaring at the other boy.

Calvin gulps, her tone makes him not at all doubt what she says. "Di-Do, uh, You need something?"

"My books?" Calvin looks dumbfounded for a moment before she sighs, "They're in your locker. Since you broke mine? Remember? It was just this morning… didn't know jocks had such a short attention span…"

The others make snide comments and Calvinn stands, "Y-Yeah, sure." Calvin leaves the table, following the girl into the empty hallway. "Couldn't we have done this after lunch?"

"No," She replies. "I don't wait when I want something. I need my books." As they apporach the locker, Calvin can't help but feel a little put off by the girl. She was kinda mean and Calvin didn't do anything—well, aside from smash her lock—to her.

He puts in the combination and opens the locker, stepping aside to allow her to get in the locker. She digs around for a moment before taking books and putting some back. "Thanks." She replies and takes off in the opposite direction, leaving Calvin alone in the hallway. He looks down, catching sight of a piece of paper.

"Hey you dropped your—" He cuts himself off upon seeing no one in the hallways except him. "Hm…" Calvin looks over the paper. It's for that magic club that weird basketball kid was starting. Calvin did say he'd check it out earlier, didn't he? "Great." He says with sudden realization, "She's gonna be there…"

With that thought, he walks back to the cafeteria, wondering who exactly would show up besides the two.

After a few moments of conversing with her coven about their plans to rule the world, Lana quickly became bored of this conversation. This was the only time in her life where she wished that she was a regular teenager. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for her. "Everyone shut the fuck up!" she yelled, her eyes shifting to a crimson color, she was visibly irritated. "This meeting is over! Unlike you pathetic assholes, I still have a reputation to maintain." she said to them, in an eerie tone. She could tell that they were noticeably afraid of her, and she took comfort in knowing this.

With that awkward demand, she quickly scurried up the metal steps and was out in the hallway in what seemed to be record time. She didn't even need to use her powers to make sure that no one saw her. Lana then remembered that she had lunch this period, frowning at the thought of eating fake looking pizza. Human food was disgusting. She dreaded seeing her peers, all of them either feared her, or wanted to be her. She wasn't sure which one she could handle. As Lana walked down the hallway, she sensed another supernatural entity in the same vicinity as her. What other supernatural creature was there? Wouldn't she have known if there were others like her? Maybe she was just rusty. She then passed a pair of teenagers arguing about books when she was thinking of this.

She watched closely as the female walked away in a hurry, surely she wasn't another witch. She was too innocent looking to be one, and she was probably still a virgin. Lana smirked as she then entered the cafeteria, wondering where exactly that basketball player was.

----

Daniel wondered if people would even show up to his club. It wasn't even like he was asking them to get high or anything, it was just a simple request that a group of kids hang out and perform half assed magic tricks with one another. This thought only made him feel worse, knowing that he was probably going to be the only one in his club. He proceeded to eat his peanut butter and jelly sandwich alone, hoping that this day would just end already.

((Time Skip?))

((Sorry!))

Calvin looked down at the crumbled paper in his hand. That's what he got for just shoving it into his bag. He walked down the hall, occasionally glancing up as he went. Even though he'd been here for a while, sometimes the halls confused him. A strong scent was in the air and he scratched his arm once again. The smell enticed him, he almost wanted to leave this place, but something else made him stop. He continued walking, looking for the room. The hallways weren't exacrtly crowded, but they weren't empty either, groups of kids stood around, talking to each other or walking, trying to find their classrooms for their clubs. Calvin hoped that this magic club wasn't crap. He really needed something to do that'd bide his time and he definitely didn't want to join a club that was full of fangirls and weirdoes.

But maybe that's what the magic club would be like? He knew that girl from the locker incident earlier was most likely going. He didn't know much about her, but she did seem kind of strange. Calvin shook his head. "Just one meeting. Try it out." Calvin stood outside the classroom door after almost passing it by, and held his breath, grabbing the doorknob.

--

Marbleize sat in the desk. There wasn't much in this classroom and it made her wonder why she even decided to show up. Partially, she could recall, that she only showed up because she thought she'd be able to get people who liked scary things. Things that go bump in the night. And she'd make some friends. Ones who wouldn't be scared to spend the night in the woods or something. She could protect them just fine if they had doubts. There was maybe a few other kids in the classroom, none of which looked interested at all. They seemed like stoners, to be honest. The type who'd only go to the woods to smoke. Marbleize didn't mind that, as long as they actually wanted to do something other than smoke, but they probably wouldn't.

She sighed, hoping that someone might come in that was actually worth her time.

((I'm so sorry!))

Daniel emitted a small sigh from his system, his mind wandering to many corners of his mind. He was fairly certain that no one would show up to his club. After all, who would be interested in magic tricks anyway? They were as dead a disco. He only did magic in his free time anyway, considering the fact that the people on his basketball team deemed him as useless. Daniel didn't deny that either, he was as graceful as an ostrich. He dawdled through the desolate hallways, allowing his body to take him to its set location. He had been so used to this school, he didn't even need to think of where he was going. It was a constant routine of boredom, nothing ever changed for him. Before he could realize where he was, he came up to the door in which the club was. Upon his arrival he met another boy, who looked like he had been hit by a Mack truck.

Daniel allowed himself to look at this boy with a curious expression on his face. He knew him, they had been in school together since as long as Daniel had remembered. Of course, no one ever spoke to him though; he was a recluse. The other teenager in front of him looked as if he was nervous, little beads of sweat pouring down his neck. Daniel wondered if he was sick, God knows he looked like it. "Are you okay?" the tall boy asked, deciding it would be best to dismiss his curiosity.

((I don't need to use Lana right now.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back