• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Magic and Mayhem || A Harry Potter RP || In Character Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

_SweetCandy_

? Loli-Pop ?
The Journey Begins
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f434859425f6543544444477966513d3d2d3534343735303234372e313532326165363138316236356365363230393536333630383331372e676966

The platform buzzed with activity. Young students said tearful goodbyes to there parents while the older years ran to greet their friends. Saying your goodbyes you make your way onto the train and find yourself entering compartment twelve. This is where our journey begins.

((This is the IC thread))​

"I'm going to miss you so much Nyxie." His mother said squeezing him in a hug. He smiled at his mom the moment was bittersweet. The first day of Hogwarts is almost a coming of age for young wizards, but it didn't make the goodbyes easy. The train whistled a warning to hurry up. His sister, Rosalie, tugged at his mother's arm muttering about wanting to leave. Reese gave his mother one final hug. "Write me when you get settled in." Reese pulled away nodding.

He made his way to the train before getting on he turned giving a wide smile he waved to his Mom and Rosa as a final goodbye. He walked towards one of the compartments. Seeing them all pretty much full he felt relieved when he found one that was empty, compartment ten.

While Reese was a usually social person he felt a bit overwhelmed with leaving his family for so long. His brother Micheal had told him not to worry about it, and that after a month there he'd be begging to stay at Hogwarts over Christmas. While he knew his brother was joking he hoped he would love Hogwarts enough to forget his homesickness. He looked out the window trying to find his Mom and Rosa but he had a feeling his sister had nagged their mother to leave. When he wasn't able to find them he sighed leaning his head against the window. Hopefully, the train ride wasn't long.

Last edited:
. Thomas Avery .
Thomas tried to ignore the feeling of strangers eyes on his back. He had already had to deal with it whilst he'd been walking to the Platform, he knew that watching a boy push a cart with an owl on it was probably a strange sight. An even stranger one when you took into account the fact he was in one of London's busiest stations. But didn't like the attention, self consciousness mixing with the butterflies in his stomach making him feel ten times worse than he already felt. He was already nervous about starting at Hogwarts, beyond excited and looking forwards to it, but still nervous.

The Professor that had come to his home had explained everything, including the fact that most people had an intimate knowledge of the magical word that had came from growing up in it whilst he'd be learning everything as he went along.

He didn't want to look like an idiot.

On the plus side there seemed to be many opportunities for fun and mischief at Hogwarts compared to his normal muggle primary school if the shops at Diagon Alley were anything to go by.

"I can't believe you named it that!" His sister called out from besides him, drawing him out of his thoughts. A smile was etched onto her face as she let out another giggle. Sometimes he thought she was more excited about the whole 'You're a wizard!' thing than him. Putting on an affronted expression he jerked backwards dramatically, placing a hand over his heart in mock-hurt, "I happen to think that Isolde is a beautiful name! Plus it's from Merlin which fits the whole....-" He gestured around him, "Magic thing."

As if to prove his point he reached in and slotted his fingers through the metal bars of the cage, the owl jerked forwards and nipped at his fingers.

His sister started to cackle, "See! She doesn't even like it!"

"Lizzie! Leave your brothers' owl alone-" Their Father called out as he surveyed the people around them, there were in a sea of students and everyone seemed to know exactly where they were going and what they were doing.

The sound of the train's whistle caught his attention and Thomas looked over towards the steaming red engine that was The Hogwarts Express, it was beautiful. He'd been expecting a normal train and whilst it mostly looked normal it just felt like there was something magical about it.

"That sounds like it's time for you to get on the train-" His Father trailed off awkwardly before pulling him into a hug, "Write to me and your Mother whilst you're away...and make sure to look after yourself."

"I will Dad, I swear." Thomas promised, hoping that he wouldn't have to include the details of everything he planned to get up to in those letters. After a moments pause he quickly knelt down and pulled Lizzie into a hug, whispering promises to smuggle her some chocolate and to tell her everything about Hogwarts and to 'magic' her into Hogwarts if he ever meets a Dragon.

He shot her a thumbs up followed by a mock-salute in the direction of his Father before grabbing his owl back from his Father.

Shooting a final look at his family, he grabbed his cart and hurried towards the twelfth compartment. He really didn't want to be left behind as he was pretty sure there wasn't another way for him to get to Hogwarts. He was surrounded by other first years, some of them shot him curious looks and he felt his cheeks go red as he heard someone mutter about 'big ears.'

Pushing his way through the crowd, and past their Professor, he headed onto the train.

It took him a good ten minutes of searching and struggling before he found an empty compartment, or at least an empty-ish one. There was a fellow first year leaning against the window of the compartment, at his first glance Thomas assumed the boy was sleeping but he was proven wrong as the boy shifted and looked out of the window.

Thomas wondered if his family was still on the platform.

Plastering on a grin he hoped didn't make him look too crazy he raised his hand and knocked on the door, poking his head around the door and waving at the person inside of the compartment. "Uh...Hi? Hello...em...I was just wondering if I could come in here with you? Everywhere else is full and I don't feel like being crushed by my fellow firsties...it's totally fine if I can't! I'm sure I could find something-" He trailed off with a frown at the end, he supposed the train might have some kind of storage compartment he could hide in.

Maybe.

(( _SweetCandy_ _SweetCandy_ or anyone else that stumbles upon the compartment ))

The window was gold and cooled his overheating head. A part of him felt as if the train would never depart and given the number of students still standing on the platform all but confirmed this thought. Reese thought about what he would write his mother about; the train, getting sorted, the infamous grand dinner. The list went on and the thought of it overwhelmed him. His brother had told him of many of the experience he would have at Hogwarts. Reese couldn't help but think of all the things his brother forgot to mention and it filled him with a nervous excitement. This is going to be a good year, he thought. Between the friends, he would make and the memories he would look back on for years to come.

Reese jumped noticing the boy who stood at the door of the compartment. He nodded gesturing towards the seat across from him. "My names Reese!" He said stretching out his hand the extroverted side of him clearly showing. The boy had black hair and he seemed more nervous than Reese himself. "What house are you hoping to get placed in? I'm hoping to get Gryffindor. My dad and brother were both Gryffindors and so it's always been a dream of mine to be one too!" He said rambling in his excitement.

(( Just A Midget Just A Midget or anyone else.))

Corey had probably heard all there was to hear about Platform Nine and Three-Quarters already. He vaguely remembered his mother's voice rambling on about how he had to be careful not to attract muggle attention as he packed his books and other belongings into his trunk the night before. For someone like him, all this stuff about the Platform and Hogwarts Express was practically common sense.

He'd passed through the barrier with relative ease, his parents and younger siblings accompanying him. There was no way Callum Hemlock would miss his eldest son's first journey to Hogwarts, even if said son was a bit of a failure. Corey slowly made his way through the crowd of young witches and wizards and their families, his father an ever-looming shadow behind him. He hoped nobody there would recognize his dad, but with all these people around, he doubted that he'd be able to get away from his family. Funny how that seemed to be a recurring theme in his life. It was one reason, though, why he was looking forward to wizard school.

There were only a few minutes left until the train to Hogwarts departed, judging from the clock overhead. He felt a firm hand press down on his shoulder. "Crowley-" Ugh. He hated that name. "Don't forget- you're a member of the Hemlock family. Try not to embarrass us," His father said, his voice flat. Meanwhile, his mother and siblings were watching from a small ways off.

The young boy shrugged. "Fine, whatever," He said, suddenly more interested in his barn owl, Theia.

The Hogwarts Express's train whistle sounded throughout the station, and told Corey that it was finally time to leave. He was ready to board the train with his luggage when he felt a small body brush up against his leg. "Corey, when are you coming back?" It was his 6-year-old sister, Branwen. Unlike his brother and parents, Branwen was a bit more like him. He just hoped she wouldn't change for the worse.

"Soon, okay?" He said to her, looking back at her as he walked quickly towards the train. Normally he was a person of few words as well, but he just needed to get onto the train and didn't have time for mushy sibling stuff. With a few quick steps, he was aboard the train and didn't bother to look back.

Corey walked through the train cars, looking and listening into the compartments he passed to see if he could find an empty one. Most of the compartments were already filled with either awkwardly big groups of first years or talkative groups of returning Hogwarts students, none of which he wanted to deal with at the moment. He honestly just wanted to have a compartment to himself and sleep through the entire ride. If it wasn't for the fact that his family's library consisted of nothing but records, textbooks, and his father's work papers, he would have brought something to read.

He heard an excited voice say something about the Gryffindor house from a nearby compartment, which slightly piqued his interest. The people in there couldn't be older than he was, from the way they were talking about getting sorted. Unlike the other first-year compartments, he didn't hear many different voices either. Deciding to check it out, Corey knocked quietly on the door and opened it slightly, letting himself into the small room. "You're both first-years, right? Can I come in?" He ventured to ask.

( Just A Midget Just A Midget _SweetCandy_ _SweetCandy_ )

Shaun ?
Shaun disliked attention. The stares and whispers as he walked by, the questioning glances and hushed conversation that fell silent upon his entrance...he disliked it. Very strongly. Almost to the point where some could say he hated it. Not that anyone would be given the time of day to make such a comment, but if such a rare and unwelcome occurrence came to pass, Shaun would (probably panic internally on the inside that someone was speaking to him and what should he do?! What should he say?! Do they know his secret?!!! Where can he hide a body?) flower derisively at said occurrence and respond with a soft, ‘There’s nothing worth my time to hate’
Before falling silent and reading his mysterious ever changing titles -though it seems to be the same book- book.
So suffice to say, Shaun strongly disliked the train station. With his eyes drilled ahead as he made his past the barrier, he quietly made soft cooing noises to his bengal maincoon kitten to keep his mind off the chatter. His grip on the rails of his trolly one of steel as he slipped past numerous families saying goodbyes and wishing well with I will miss you’s. It was almost instinctual to push down the bitter sting that came with the knowledge that his own family would not be doing the same for him. He pushed it down because, as he must, he accepted that his mother still happened to be recovering from the full moon and his father had more important matters to attend to. It was fine, Shaun accepted this. Shaun rolled with what he had. So he rolled his way onto the train, head held reasonably high for someone of his station, but eyes glazed as he methodically loaded his trunk and cat carrier up and onto the train, and so focused on burying his acceptance, slid into the first compartment he came across.
Unfortunately
It was occupied.​

Reese paused looking at the two males who appeared at the door. He smiled when asked if he was a first year. “Yup! I’m hoping to get sorted into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, but I’m not that book smart.” He moved over in his seat seeing that he had taken up quite a bit of area and allowed the others to enter.
“Hopefully the trolly comes by soon! My brother said it was the best part of the ride. I can buy you guys something if you’d like.”
He offered to the small group that had formed.

"I'm Thomas." He shot Reese a smile as he slid into the window seat opposite him, he was relieved that he had said yes. The boy's name was Reese. Thomas chuckled, it wasn't the kind of name he'd expected a wizard to have. He'd expected them to be called Merlin or something. He wondered if they all had normal names or whether he'd just met the only normal sounding one.

"I think I'll be in...uh...-" He paused uncertainly, "Hufflepuff or Gryffindor?" He echoed what Reese had said and hoped it was the right answer. "I don't really mind as long as I like it...they're all good, right?" Thomas didn't get a chance to respond as another first year entered the compartment, at the boy's question he nodded and gestured for the boy to come in.

"Come in!"
He waved and moved to give the boy some room, "And yeah...I think everyone here is in the first year...probably.....I don't really know how all of this works-" He gestured around him, pointing to the compartment and the train. Maybe he was a bit out of his depth, considering the fact that the people around him didn't seem phased by the whole magic thing. Or maybe they were and he was just reading too much into everything. Was he meant to share that he was a muggleborn? Was that a thing that people had to do? Or did it not really matter. Silently he cursed the Professor's lack of an explanation regarding the whole blood thing beyond telling him about the different types.

It wasn't long until they were joined by another first year, who slid into the compartment without a greeting or acknowledgement. Chuckling at the way he'd seemed to freeze slightly as he realised the compartment wasn't as empty as he'd thought he shot the boy a wave. "Uh...hello? I'm Thomas....this is Reese and this is-" He flailed and let out a strangled noise as he realised that he didn't know the other boys name, "Well I failed at this whole introduction thing..." He muttered to himself as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Thomas perked up slightly at the mention of a trolley, he could remember seeing some magical sweets and snacks at Diagon Alley, maybe he'd be able to get some magical snacks when the trolley came around. Though he wasn't sure if he'd be able to afford it, he'd been given money for his school supplies and he doubted that the people on the train would accept muggle money.

(( _SweetCandy_ _SweetCandy_ fifth fifth Left Out Left Out ))

Shaun ?
Error Error- Shaun.exe has stopped working’ system reboot in progress, syst-‘
And quite suddenly Shaun found himself shoved the res of the way into the compartment. Just barely managing to hold onto his cat and Trunk as a what seemed to be a horde of Hogwarts students rushed onto the train. A near silent strangled sound bubbled against his lips at the situation he was forced in. Slowly scooting to an open (and thank Merlin empty) seat from his peers. A dazed and slightly panicked look began to fester behind his eyes because what was he supposed to do?! Did he ignore them? Nod idly? What if he slipped up? What if what if-wait what were they saying? Gryffindor? Hufflepuff? Shaun almost wet himself with relief. They would not be in his house. Assuming his father was right and he ended up in slytherin. Or perhaps ravenclaw. Either way, Shaun could breath again because, he would never see them again. (He would of course but he probably wouldn’t be expected to interact with them again) And so, with a barley noticeable sigh of relief, the sandy haired boy breathed out his name, a small grin curling his lips in hidden glee.
“I’m Shaun Rose.”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back