• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mage School OOC (Discussion and Lore Ideas On First Post)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

HarmonyAi

I still haven’t come up with a good title so we’ll just go with “mage school” for now. I have a draft of the character sheet thread up and ready to go as soon as I finish this one.

Regarding magic, the only system I really know of is Harry Potter, so I guess things are loosely going to be based upon that. I decided that instead of giving guidelines on what does happen, I’m giving limitation guidelines. Basically as long as it’s not god modding or one of these things I think players should have the freedom to do what they want (within reason).

All mages possess elemental magic (fire, water, earth, air, from a young age. Once they reach middle school they can learn charms and such, and once they reach high school they can learn healing.

Limitations on magic
-Healing cannot regrow lost limbs or heal any wound that is immediately or highly fatal.
-Necromancy is not a thing. If someone is dead they’re dead.
-While all Mages have the same powers, the younger they are the less powerful (but perhaps more uncontrollable) their powers are. A grade schooler can not summon a storm for example
-Just don’t be ridiculous please

If anyone has any ideas for limitations and how to keep things fair, PLEASE let me know.

Edit 1: Okay so I’m a dummy and forgot to explain the Bloodline portion of the character sheets. It’s basically like Harry Potter, Pure is born from 2 Mages, Half is born from one mage and one human, and human born is, well,born from two humans

Edit 2: I got a PM asking about this at some point so I’m making clarification here. Blood manipulation is allowed with the limitation of only being able to manipulate your own blood.

Last edited:
Okay so I will have a lore thread up very soon but first I need to have some things decided for sure. If anyone has any input feel free to reply here or PM me.

First off I need to get limitations on magic more finalized. Second off I need to get more of an idea on the classes.

Posted my character. I'll admit there were a few things that were unclear so I made a couple of assumptions. I'm happy to edit whatever I may need to in order to fit the setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back