• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~Mafia, Mafia, Wake Up, Mafia~

Carpe Noctem

Knight of Internet
Mafia, Mafia, Wake Up, Mafia is based off of a mixture of the sleepover game Mafia and the book And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (you don't have to read it to play at all! But I do suggest you read it sometime, not for the RP, but because it's an awesome book.) It's a murder mystery set on an island where twelve (or less) teenagers have been trapped by a storm. A mysterious Narrator (me) has given them a role to play: detective, angel, or mafia. Note: a few people will not be any of these. That doesn't mean they won't be important. To understand the RP, you have to understand the game.

The game starts with everyone sitting in a circle. One person is chosen to be the Narrator. This is not a secret. The Narrator tells everyone to go to sleep, and everyone closes their eyes. The Narrator says, "I am now choosing the detective(s)." They go around and touch a/an person/s, depending on how many detectives they want. The people who were touched will know they are a detective, but others will not. The Narrator repeats this two other times, once with the angel(s) (sometimes called the doctor, depending on the version you play) and the mafia (sometimes called the murderer(s)). After this is done, the Narrator will say, "Detective, Detective, wake up, Detective." The detective(s) will wake up. The Narrator will ask them who they think is the Mafia. They will point to a person silently. The Narrator will thank them and tell them to go to sleep. The Narrator will repeat this with the angel and the mafia, except the angel chooses someone to save from the Mafia (they can choose themselves) and the Mafia will choose someone to kill. The Narrator will tell everyone to wake up. They will then tell a story of how the chosen victim died. If the angel saved that person, then the person will be saved in the story and not killed. If the detective correctly chose the Mafia, then the Mafia is caught before committing the crime in the story and brought to jail. If the Mafia (all of them, if there are more than one) has not been caught this round, the Narrator will repeat the night routine. The Narrator cannot tell the players if the detectives or angels are dead. This is repeated until all of the Mafia has been caught, or the Mafia has killed everyone.

Got it? Good. Ask me questions in the OOC if you won't understand. Now, the way this RP will work is slightly different. I will inform you of your role in the story (Mafia, Detective, Angel, or Innocent) through a PM. I will ask what each role wants to do (and how they want to do it, in the Mafia's case) the same way. Then we will role play through the day. I will say who dies and when, so the other players don't know who killed the victim. Then all of the players will go to sleep. I will repeat this process until one group wins. I will also give players other little commands and tid-bits through PM, and will provide clues throughout the in-character RPing. These, as well as the characters and settings, will be recorded in the accordion. I will allow certain people to accuse people or try to take things into their own hands at certain points. The rest will unfold on its own. Ready for the murder to begin? Good!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back