• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Ma Galerie

CJAlex

Nebulous
Welcome! (Bienvenue!)

Some of these are in my (still new) DeviantArt gallery, but seeing as RPN offers space to share stuff like this, I figured I would like to hear some critiques and criticism from here as well. I've only recently started to draw again (I haven't done any serious visual art since I was a kid), so I'm fairly rusty. I'm also not a pro with digital stuff, and perspective (and still art) is really my area of expertise. Regardless, I wanted to learn how to work with a tablet and start drawing the characters of my stories. Manga/Anime is a major influence on me, so I won't say that any of my drawings with human anatomy are going to have a realism approach.

All that said... Here are some samples of my latest all-in-a-day work. I'll insert them as thumbnails to spare your scroll bar, so just click to enlarge.

Daran.Horseback.jpg Gaelan.Sword.jpg Isaac.Sitting.jpg Mika.Bow.jpg Mika.Color Portrait.jpg Mika.Line Art Portrait.jpg Mika.Standing.jpg
These characters are from the book series I'm working on (that I'll soon introduce as a role play here). From left-to-right, we have: Daran dan Ashur, Gaelan Petra, Dr. Isaac Evenway, and Mika (last four images). To get myself started on learning anatomy, the poses I used for the full body images are modeled after existing works, but not directly copied. It should go without saying that I've also switched out clothes, expressions, and distinguishing features with my own.

You may notice that my shading and lighting techniques need work! Yeah... I'm still grasping the concept of cell shading and trying to let go of the old shading techniques I learned in ye ol' art classes back in the day. I'm getting there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back