M4YHEM'S D35IGN 7U70R14L

MISTER UN. 0W3N

schaden f r e u d e

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Please do not post until the thread is officially opened. Feel free to check out the progress of the build.

Last edited by a moderator:

TABLE OF CONTENT

1. text link & name to post

2. text link & name to post

3. text link & name to post

4. text link & name to post

5. text link & name to post
Hey, hey! This is mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y, and I’m here to introduce a new tutorial thread for RPN. I noticed there’s been plenty of threads talking about BBCode formats. Some have been positive while others mostly contain negative feedback, especially in terms of application. Why is “handwriting font” too hard to read? Why did they choose a bright color for the font? Why format in the first place?

For some users, they like to use the tools that’s given to them. And, amazingly enough, RPN has a great set of tools to experiment in forum posts. However, there are cases where certain choices can lead to many scrolling away or exiting out the window as quickly as possible. Just like other fields of creativity (graphic design, interior design, art, culinary, etc), there are basic principles that should be known in order to understand the effect you will have for your general audience.

For this thread, I will be posting basic design 101.

I will be referencing from Robin Williams’
The Non-Designer’s Design & Type Books if you’re interested in reading more on the subject. Along with this reference book, I will also use my own experience for other tutorials. The thread is also open for users to post up their own experiences in formatting, questions they have, or any comments about the thread in general. If you’re interested in becoming a regular poster for tutorials, please PM me. If anyone is interested in other tutorials and whatnot, tag me in this thread.

Keep in mind that this thread isn’t supposed to impose on a user’s creative design. Rather, it’s merely a guide to help supplement information. Like art, in order to “break the rules,” you should know the rules... in a field that also has "no rules." Weird, right?

filler

NEWS & LATEST UPDATES

day month year blurb

filler

AFFILIATED USERS

username
list of threads they own/run

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back