Lyra's combo [New Dawn in the North]

WHICH COMBO NAME?

• Phoenix brings ashen rebirth of transcendence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phoenix brings ashen rebirth to the impure

• Fuck both of those sorry ass names, try this one...

• Total voters

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
Okay, so after many days of deliberation, I'm still a virgo and I can't decide on the final name of my combo.

The "fuck" and "sorry ass" weren't exactly what I had in mind, but:

Both of those names are a bit... weighty.  Heavy-handed, perhaps.  It sounds like you had a list of 6 words you wanted to all go into the name and just couldn't edit it down (which, if last time we talked about this was any indication, is precisely the case).  I sympathize, but if my training as a writer has taught me anything, it's how to CUT CUT CUT the shit out of things that you love.

I'd call it, "Phoenix Wings' Transcendance," or "Rebirth on Ashen Wings," myself.  You can put the bit about giving the impure a second chance in the description.

Josh's one, "Phoenix Wings' Transcendance," is a bit more...  direct.

I think lengthier combo titles would be suited for an Essence 7 combo that involve 8 or 9 charms might be appropriate, but for one shot by an Essence 4, I think Phoenix Wings' Transcendance is a bit more appropriate.

While we are talking about Lyra's combo, I just had a idea for a good one. Anioment of Mer. Health + Will Bolstering Method + Essence gathering Temper + Iron Skin Concentration. What do you guys think? Thinking to post it?

Kabuki said:
While we are talking about Lyra's combo, I just had a idea for a good one. Anioment of Mer. Health + Will Bolstering Method + Essence gathering Temper + Iron Skin Concentration. What do you guys think? Thinking to post it?
Be sure and read up the errata (off WW website) and the Player's Guide.  A lot of those got revised in a major way.

Wasn't gonna post it, just thought it a interesting idea for Megan maybe. Was tring to get the ol' creative juices flowing. Trying to write Willow's story and all.

So the new combo I'm thinking of making is Iron Skin Concentration (you reduce a hit to the attacker's essence) + Essence Gathering Temper (you roll their dam. before soak to regain essence- I could regain up to 20 motes back) + Willpower Enhancing Spirit (for every HL dam. you get you roll a die to gain back willpower)

What do you guys think?

It would cost a total of 6m and 2 wp to activate (most of which I would hopefully get back)

You would DEFINITELY get it back, and then some.  With Ess. Gathering, you'll get 4 motes per success, max Stamina in successes; that's a possible 16 motes.  FUCK.  Dunno how Will-Bolstering works... but it'll be similar.

That Combo is GROSS.  Why don't you dominate the battlefield, Megan?  What the fuck...

Just FYI, I have a stamina of five, that's one of the things I raised in Yu Shan. So that's a possible 20 motes back. Also, I would have used this charm more often except I totally read it as working differently until you were explaining it to everyone the other day. Somehow I thought at first that I would only be able to gain like 5 back. Anyways, yeah, it's too bad I won't be able to use this new combo for a long time. I'm hopin that after we kill Gore, Lyra can take a mini vacation and spend some time with Hidden Leaves at the manse and create the combo there. Come to think of it, I haven't even gotten to use my first combo. A pity.... oh well hopefully it will be what kills Gore.

Why don't you dominate the battlefield' date=' Megan?  What the fuck...[/quote']
Well... I'll tell you why I don't dominate the battlefield. Stillborn's dice roller hates me. It's as simple as that

Actually, I think it's because you play defense.  While you can blame the dice (and Stillborn) for halting your Arrow Storms to a certain extent, you have to admit: Gustav gets more kills 'cause he's wicked fucking aggressive.  To wit: he never stops to heal anybody or conserves his motes for that purpose.

I know, I was just making a joke. Lyra's concept is back up. And she's very good at it. Somebody's gotta do it and neither she or I mind. It's not all about the kill numbers.

It's just ironic to me, that she spends all her time running around trying to stop people from getting hurt, when if she wanted to, she could absolutely DEMOLISH motherfuckers.

So: are you going to post either of these Combos on Lore5?  Your Archery Charm should go up, for real.  Kids on Lore5 still think that Lunars rule Archery (a misconception I've helped propagate, I admit)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back