• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Lumos Maxima

NessieAlways

da bomb diggity

l_hwcrest_decrc_hpe6.png

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

• Three sets of plain work robes (black)
  • One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
  • One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
  • One winter cloak (Black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

• The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1), by Miranda Goshawk
  • A History of Magic, by Bathilda Bagshot
  • Magical Theory, by Adalbert Waffling
  • A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration, by Emeric Switch
  • One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, by Phyllida Spore
  • Magical Drafts and Potions, by Aresenius Jigger
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, by Newt Scamander
  • The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

• 1 Wand
  • 1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
  • 1 Set glass or crystal phials
  • 1 Telescope
  • 1 Set brass scales

Student may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,

CD3F3B78691AB1C8DC57B311B24E876A.png

Mairwen Parry Vandervaart

Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

Diagon Alley
harry-potter-diagon-alley.gif

There's only one place we're going to get all this. Diagon Alley.
Molly Weasley

Diagon Alley The sound of excitement, wonder, and thrill filled each and every store in Diagon Alley, the first stop in a wizard's journey. Kids, adults, and creatures of all shapes and sizes roam around the packed streets as they happily make their magical purchases. Olivander's, filled with bright young minds eagerly awaiting for their chance to be chosen by their wand. Flourish and Blotts blossoms with students picking up the books that will aid in their quest for knowledge. Owls hooting aloud as people pass by in Eeylop's Owl Emporium and, lets not forget, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, a youngster's dream come true. Diagon Alley buzzes with craze as the school year approaches. Supplies are being bought, bags packed, and goodbyes said as the students of Hogwarts prepare for an amazing year to come.

Platform 9 3/4
tumblr_static_tumblr_lw3y9aouj01qev7yro1_500.gif

Excuse me sir, can you tell me where I might find Platform Nine and Three-Quarters?
Harry Potter

Platform 9 3/4 1 September, 10:45 am

The magic for every First Year begins at King's Cross Station in London, England. More specifically, it begins at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters where every Hogwarts student, both new and returning, dash through the magically concealed entrance to the Hogwarts Express. Once through, they find themselves along a crowded platform with parents and guardians bidding their children adieu as they board the red passenger carriages. There were several students along the line leaning out the windows to wave to friends or speak to their family one last time before the train would leave the station.

Each passenger carriage holds various compartments; some comprising of six-seater rooms partitioned off with a view, or tables and four-seater booths more open to the rest of the carriage. As the clock strikes eleven, the Hogwarts Express slowly begins its long journey to Hogsmead Station.

embed.php

image.gif

@RubyRose @CloudyBlueDay @Akeira @ailurophile @Nico @JustJazzy

The sound of frustrated muggle steps rushing to get to the train on time and make it to work before the boss arrived blended with the indistinguishable murmur of the voices of those who casually walked around with enough time on their hands.

There was that one guy who ran with a piece of toast in his mouth, tie undone, and waving frantically at his train to wait for him; he obviously overslept. A family of three waving goodbye to their daughter who had come home for the summer, but now had to return to college. The future rock star slowly working his way up through fame as he strummed his fingers across the strings of his guitar for passerby in exchange for a few coins.

Then there was the chipper voice of the attendant lady who wore too much of that cheap perfume beamed through the station's speakers, announcing arrivals and departures. And who could miss the smell of hot brewed coffee from the corner store mixed with the smell of the freshly baked blueberry muffin stand. Yes, the London train station was as busy as always this weekday morning.

Despite the Londoners going about their normal weekly routines, there was one part of the station that was unusually hyped. September first, the one day where that wide brick wall between platforms nine and ten gathered up the unusual crowd of adults in a peculiar sense of fashion, kids with owls, cats and toads in their luggage carts, and families with very energetic children whispering words such as "magic" and "muggles" granting them strange stares.

To most people at the station, the wall was just that, a wall, but to the eyes of the chosen few, it was an enchanted portal to Platform Nine and Three Quarters. It was the magical part of the station where young wizards could board The Hogwarts Express, the famous wizard train. Destination, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The red steam engine roared to life enthusiastically greeting the students as they eagerly plunged through the portal. Laughter and yells filled the hidden station behind the wall marking the long awaited reunion of friends after a summer apart. Waves and a couple of happy tears were shed from the first year parents waving goodbye to their children as they embarked on a new journey to Hogwarts.

As the hour hand of the clock neared eleven, the blowing of the train's whistle filled the platform. The energy in the station increased tenfold as everyone rapidly filed into a line and up on the train. Once again the thundering sound of the whistle sent a jolt through the kids signaling the time for departure was nearing. Parents waved goodbye one final time, before the students settled into their compartments, reminiscing about their summers, planning for this upcoming school year, and even making new friends.

1149289_563020580422455_5902862_o.jpg

'Tal' Gail

In all honesty Gail would have been terrified (was perhaps still a little terrified) about going to a place so far from home… but his two older sisters had done it so why couldn’t he? He could already feel the absence that his twin, Janie, had left when she turned out to be a Squib… but Gail pushed past it. He was not going to be drug down by something as trivial as not having his twin along with him. He could handle life on his own and it was time to prove that.

Ember, the second oldest of all his siblings, stood with her hands on her hips, her foot tapping impatiently as Gail stopped to gaze around at all the sights.

“Come on little brother, the train isn’t going to wait for you.” She urged though there really wasn’t a press for time just yet. Gail pulled his gaze away from the people milling through the train station to follow his sister.

“9… 10… Ember, there is no 9 and 3 quarters…” Gail complained. He double and then triple checked the platforms, having never been on a train before and wondering if he had missed something. Ember just laughed before giving a rather snarky reply.

“Shows what you know.” And then she pushed her cart towards a brick wall. Gail was ready to call out to her… to say she was going to run right into the pillar… when his sister disappeared right through the red bricks. Gail’s eyes widened before he pushed his cart to follow after her. His gaze darted around rather fearfully as he slowly pushed his cart forward. What if there’s a magic word to get through? What if you have to be a certain age and first years have to go some other way?

Gail’s heart was pounding in his chest… rapidly enough that he was beginning to wonder if he was going to have a heart attack. He slowed to a stop right before his cart touched the bricks, fear causing his palms to sweat and for a moment Gail just stood there- feeling unsure of himself and very much like an idiot.

You can do this, Gail. You are not weak. You are a wizard, for crying out loud. Eventually you’ll be on to bigger and greater things… you just have to take that first step. Gail took a deep breath and then gave his cart a shove, watching as it disappeared through the bricks… and then he was going through the bricks… and when he opened his eyes he found himself on platforms 9 ¾, bustling with other kids pushing around carts that seemed twice their size. Gail made a quick check on Tidliwinks, sighing when he found that his kitten was curled at the back of the cage- just where he had been the last time Gail had looked. The young boy just shook his head, this cat was ridiculous. Obviously he would have to give in to Gail’s charm eventually.

Gail did not see Ember again and presumed that she went to join others of her houses. House Gryffindor, if he remembered correctly… Gail took a moment to ponder which house he would end up in. Whichever house it was it would gain a strong young wizard.

Getting things onto the train was easier than Gail thought it was going to be. And it didn’t take long for Gail to begin wandering the train. He came across several empty compartments and considered taking one… but felt it would be much more useful to find one already occupied with someone he could see himself making friends with. He also came across several full compartments, not really taking interest because they were upper classmen. Gail wanted to be around his peers, not a bunch of bigger kids with superiority complexes.

Any friendly face would do, that was his age of course. Even if it were to be for him to bump into them along the train aisle and them find a compartment together. He just really didn't want to be alone.

507851867-cropped-portrait-of-shy-ten-year-old-girl-gettyimages.jpg

Erin

“Dad! Dad! Look over there!” Erin called, pointing out a lady dressed in a very vibrant shade of red, wearing a hat with a great big fluffy red feather. “And Dad! Oh do you see that Dad? Over there?” Erin called, suddenly twisting around to point in another direction to show a man’s whose face seemed to be set in a permanent frown. “Oh! And over there! Dad! Dad do you see?!” Erin said, jerking her father to a halt when she stopped midstride to point at someone passing them. Eric’s smile, though tired, was still filled with amusement.

“Yes sweetheart, I see. There’s the woman who seems to be the embodiment of Red- do you think she’d be a Red Aes Sedai? (reference from book series)” Eric asked, grinning at the look of shock and distaste that covered Erin’s face.

“Her? An Aes Sedai? No way… she doesn’t look like she could bend a real thread, much less a thread of power. And I don’t think she’d hate men, either.” Erin said, shaking her head. “Did you see the others too?”

“You mean that guy who must have recently eaten a lemon? Yes dear, I saw him. And I also saw the short, stocky man with the rather interesting haircut. If I didn’t know better I’d thought he was Wolverine.”

“Dad…” Erin said slowly, shaking her head before her eyes lit up in a grin. “You’re the best!”

Eric just nodded, a rather proud smile on his face. “So… what platform are we looking for again?” He said after a pause. They had reached platforms 9 and 10 and he had recalled that the platform number for Erin’s train was a bit odd.

“9 and 3 quarters.” Erin answered easily, her gaze moving up towards the platform numbers. “I didn’t know fractions were in platform numbers Dad… and I don’t see any around here. Did we go to the wrong train station?”

“No honey, we’re in the right station.” Eric said slowly. A smile began to spread across his face though, deciding to try and make the slight panic in the pit of his stomach go away with a little fun. “I bet there’s a magic trick to it Erin. And I know just the wizard detective to figure it out.” He added with a sly grin.

“Wizard Detective Erin is On The Case!” Erin declared, pushing her cart towards Eric before bending over to almost press her nose to the ground- like Sherlock did in the movies. Or was it the books? Maybe the cartoon Sherlock Mouse? Erin rubbed at her chin as she thought about it, her gaze looking around everywhere. She started examining the cracks on the floor, touching some here and there and trying different tap steps while they wandered back and forth between platforms 9 and 10. While she was distracted, Eric also kept an eye out- and noticed when a small group of people walked right through a pillar. Smiling to himself, Eric advanced the game.

“I don’t think we’ll find it on the floor. You’ve tried everything.” Eric sighed, casually heading towards the pillar he’d seen the others go through. “I guess even the great wizard detective can’t solve every case.”

“Can too! Just… just wait! Give me more time!” Erin said, waving her hands around.

“Time? But… we don’t have time. The train might be leaving any minute.” Eric teased. He could see the worry begin to flash across Erin’s features, moving to casually lean into the red bricks lining the support system for the train station. When he fell through, it still caught him off guard. Erin, with her cart in hand, followed shortly after him.

“What happened Dad?!”

“Magic.” Eric replied, wiggling his fingers. Both he and his daughter moved to the side of the bustling people to really look around the station. “You’ll do great, honey.” Eric said, bending down so that he was kneeling in front of his daughter. He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. “Don’t forget to send me letters every other week on what’s going on. What magic is like. Alright sweetie?”

Erin nodded, glancing down at her shoes. “Thanks Dad.” She said, playing with her fingers a moment before she wrapped her arms around him in a wild bear hug. “Don’t forget to send the new Wheel of Time books as I finish’em. I wanna catch up to you!” Erin added, pecking her dad on the cheek. She waved goodbye to him, a small part of her heart cracking at the slightly lost expression on her dad’s face. Even though he had to leave her sometimes and have her stay with Uncle Rufus, she could still always see the sadness about having to leave her behind. She gave him a confident smile, waving and blowing him a kiss before turning and heading towards the train.

Getting her belongings on the train could have been more difficult, she supposed… but it was hard enough that Erin was feeling slightly fatigued by the time everything but her owl Peeker was packed away. Students were moving quickly through the hallways and some of them bumped into Erin when she would suddenly pause to look closely at something.

“We’re really doing this, Peeker… we’re going to Hogwarts and we’re going to be wizards! Or… well… I’ll be a wizard. You’ll still be an owl.” Erin amended. She realized that the proper terminology here was ‘witch’ but that just made her think of some haggard old woman with a green face and long, gnobbly fingers that grabbed kids and made them into stews. She wanted to be big, powerful, and wielding her mighty wand. Peeker hooted quietly at her, his eyes peering wearily at her before closing as the owl attempted to go back to sleep. Peeker always seemed to do that when they were in modes of transportation. She supposed that that was probably for the best and found a place to stow the owl away safely onto the train.

@CloudyBlueDay @Akeira @ailurophile @Nico @JustJazzy @NessieAlways

(My posts will probably end up being a bit shorter after this; intro posts just end up being monsterous when I write them)

~Imogen P. Gladwyn~

Taking the Train

Imogen's tiny finger trailed down the window as she followed a single droplet of the morning dew down it's path. The morning had been very eventful for the Gladwyn family as today was the day Imogen would be starting her journey in Hogwarts. She'd woken up at the break of dawn excitement bubbling underneath her skin and hair rising in anticipation. This had been a long awaited day for the girl. "Will there be dragon's mum? What about orcs? Will I get to meet Frod-OUCH!" A sharp pain shot through Imogen's head as her mother desperately tried to do away with all the knots in the girl's hair. Imogen yanked her finger away from the window and instinctively went up to her hair trying to pull away from the wooden brush her mother kept raking over her.

"Mum stop. It hurts!"

"Well if you stopped moving so much it wouldn't."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Imogen slouched grimacing every time the bristles of the wooden brush combed through her curls. This was a waste of time, Imogen didn't want to be sitting in her room facing a window while her mother brushed her hair. She wanted to be splashing in the puddles down the street. She wanted to run around with a broom between her legs and pretend she was flying. She wanted to get to Hogwarts already. "Okay there-" Before Mrs. Gladwyn finished her sentence and push the brush down, Imogen had already bolted from the seat and ran out of the room, "Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Mrs. Gladwyn had a scornful expression. She wasn't all that pleased with the idea of Imogen attending the one place that caused most of her childhood suffering, but she was convinced by Mr. Gladwyn to let her try at least one year. "Ready Pemy?" her father asked as Imogen met him in the living room downstairs. "Absolutely!"

---

The young blonde rolled her luggage cart around the London train station. Behind her followed Adeline, her mother, Gulliver, her father, and in his arm, little Arabella, her eight-year old sister. "Imogen! Wait for me!" A high pitched squeal came from Gulliver's arms as the youngster wiggled out of her father's arms and ran towards Imogen. The sisters had always had a bit of a weird chemistry. Imogen was the daring one always doing things that got her into trouble, and Arabella was the obedient one who did everything her parents said. Though they got on each other's nerves from time to time, they would always make up by goofing around together and just being kids. "I bet you can't catch me!" Imogen taunted knowing that she held the record of fastest runner in the house-Mind you Gulliver and Adeline always let her win. Without a second thought, she began to run.

"Imogen wait!" Adeline cried after child in fear of her getting lost in the crowd or probably even kidnapped. Gulliver jumped on the mother's ship almost instantly. He grabbed on to Arabella before she ran off as well and yelled after his second daughter. "Imogen!" Adeline raced after Imogen, shoving and pushing through the crowd while calling for Imogen to stop and slow down. Hearing her mother yelling behind her only made Imogen run faster, not out of malice of course. Imogen just thought her mother wanted to race with her too. With the luggage cart in front of her, Imogen weaved her way through the crowd with a huge grin on her face. It was harder than expected, but Imogen was quick on her toes as she evaded most of the people and shouted apologized to those she didn't. Adeline was not so quick, but her mind was on catching Imogen so no apologies came from her. Catching up to the girl, the Adeline gripped the laughing girl's arm tightly. That's when Imogen realized her mother wasn't playing around. "Don't you ever do that again Imogen! Do you understand me? Ever!" With a frown on her face Imogen yanked her arm out of her mother's grasp. "Ow! Mum you're hurting me! Yes, I understand. I only wanted to have some fun."

Adeline looked behind her for reinforcement from her husband who had just caught up with his wife and daughter, but he looked more disappointed at his wife than at Imogen. "Addy, you don't have to worry about Imogen. She's safe here" Gulliver looked at Adeline straight in the eye and addressed the woman's actual concern "And she'll be safe over there as well." Adeline wasn't pleased at all which Gulliver took notice of and looked over to Imogen, "But your mother is right. You shouldn't go running off like that okay Pemy?" Imogen responded with a short and brisk nod. "I wont run off any-There it is!" Once again, Imogen took off running towards the wall between platform 9 and 10. Her father just shook his head and laughed. Adeline let out an exasperated sigh, and Arabella ran off following her sister.

Butterflies began fluttering inside Imogen as she looked at the wall. Grandpa Oswald had told her that the only way to enter the train was through magic. Imogen had never used magic before, at least intentionally. She was a good distance from the wall, but Imogen was already jumping in excitement. "I want to use magic! I want to go to the train!" The color flushed out of Adeline as she noticed people where beginning to stare. "Imogen, keep it down." She showed a smile on her lips, but Adeline was close to taking her daughter by the arm again, shoving her back into the car and driving home. She looked around at the muggle's in view "Kids…gotta love them." Her smile clearly displayed anger which only made the muggles' stares continue. Thankfully Gulliver came to the rescue.

He stood behind Imogen and said quietly, "I'm going to teach you some magic Imogen, but you have to be extra quiet and concentrate, okay?" Imogen stopped bouncing up and down and nodded impatiently. "Alright I want you to close your eyes and imagine the train." Imogen shut her eyes tightly and began to image a train much like the one that was in her train toy station. She could see the black wheels polished so bright they glowed. She could see the faces of kids through the tainted windows and even the train conductor with his black and white striped hat waving at her hello. Imogen had a vivid imagination, so vivid she could almost feel herself being on the train already. "Okay, now you're going to open your eyes and run to that wall. When you get close to it you're going to say, 'Open Sesame!' Got it? You have to believe that it'll work and say the magic words clearly. Ready? One, Two, Three!" In a heartbeat Imogen opened her eyes and took off running towards the red, brick wall that separated Platforms 9 and 10.

There was no hesitation as Imogen approached the wall. She trusted her father completely and believed that if she concentrated hard enough she'd see magic happen and she'd be in the train. As soon as her luggage cart hit the wall Imogen yelled, "Open Sesame!" She felt a strange surge of power go through her. It was exhilarating. Like a flock of birds surging through her body lifting her up to the sky and then gently dropping her off at a new place. Before she knew it she was standing before a large black and red steam engine and a sign hanging from above that read Platform 9 3/4. She had arrived.

As soon as she got all her stuff on the train and kissed both her parents and sister goodbye, Imogen hopped on the train stomach churning from nerves and excitement all at once. Her hands curled around the straps of her DC universe backpack and the cage of Dakota, the owl her grandfather had gotten her as a congratulations gift. She walked through the crowded halls of the train and looked around trying to find a good place to sit, but all the seats seemed to be full. Imogen's nerves began to dominate over her excitement as her mind jumbled around the thought of not finding a place to sit and being thrown out. It's okay Imogen...you'll find a place to sit it. Dakota began to coo wanting to be let out, but she wasn't about to let her owl fly around a train. Finally Imogen saw a compartment with a girl inside. A smile formed on Imogen's lips as she flung the door open and walked in. "Hi! I'm Imogen!" She didn't wait for a response before Imogen began setting down her stuff. "What's your name?"

|William W. Whickham|

Ticket. Ticket. Where's my ticket?

A fat lump of fur hung from the arms of a tall lanky boy. "Waldo...I swear...you...are going on a diet...once we get to school. No more wet food for you." William was racing down the streets of London. His pulse racing and lungs aching for air. He looked behind him as a board muscular man in a black suit and tie carrying the boy's luggage jogged behind him without a break of sweat. William was running late thanks to Wren and Wendolyn. He'd been ready with enough time, but of course the twins had to throw a fit causing a small quarrel in the Whickham residency. Not that bickering wasn't part of the normal routine. It just hadn't been scheduled so early in the morning. William looked down at his watch. It was 30 minutes till 11 and he was still several block away from the train station. He'd never make it in time. "Save yourself! Go on without me Gilbert." William said as he stopped to catch his breath and get a better grip of Waldo who was sliding down his arms and already had his claws out. Gilbert was William's personal body guard. Although he was highly against a man following him around, William's mother insisted on William being with Gilbert at all possible moments. She didn't want to risk anything happening to her little boy. It was a bit of a nuisance at first, but now Gilbert was like William's best friend--well he was his only friend aside from Waldo.

William had been a bit depressed at the fact that his parents weren't going to walk him to the station, but to be honest he knew it was going to happen. Wren and Wendolyn had a school recital that morning and after the quarrel, they convinced William's mother that the recital would end before William left and they'd still get a chance to wave him goodbye, the twins won and the parents decided to send Gilbert to drop off William. "It'll only be for a while sweetie. We'll meet you outside of the train." Mrs. Whickham assured William, although he wasn't all that convinced. Why couldn't she just miss the recital and be with him? There'd be other recitals! William was going away! Surely Wren and Wendolyn would be sympathetic of that, right? But they weren't. They wanted their parents attention all to themselves. William's mother kissed his forehead and ruffled his hair. "Mom! It took me hours to get my hair ready!" The woman laughed and waved her boy goodbye as Gilbert check in to his shift.

Expressionless as always Gilbert stopped behind the kid dressed in vibrant colors as he complained. They exchanged a brief glance before Gilbert moved in front of William and launched him over his shoulder. William let out a muffled yelled surprised by the sudden contact between Gilbert and him. Juggling the fat cat in his arms, William squeezed his arms together to keep Waldo from falling. To this Waldo replied with a lazy and low pitched meow. Without a moment for William to protest his release,Gilbert spoke with a thick Russian accent "no little man get left behind," And Gilbert began running down the street towards the London Train station with William and Waldo over his shoulder and his left arm dragging around William's things.

---

The blonde head of a young boy stuck out on top of the crowd. "You see parents?" Gilbert had let William mount his shoulders and looked over the crowd to see if his parents had already arrived, but there were no Whickhams in sight. William sighed softly although he wouldn't lose hope. "No they aren't here yet, but they'll come! I have a feeling about it." William wiggled his way down the mans shoulders and slumped on his luggage cart. "They're just running late, but I'm sure they'll be here to say goodbye." With a worried look, William looked over toward the clock in the London Station. The recital should have been over by now and the school wasn't that far away. What was taking his parents so long? With only 15 minutes left before the train departed, William frowned realizing his parents wouldn't be here to say goodbye after all.

"Alright Gilbert, you know the drill," William tried to sound strong and not affected by his parents not arriving, but William was just trying really hard not to cry, "Mom can't sped too much time watching tv. No salt because she has high blood pressure, and absolutely no fighting with dad. Understood?" Gilbert nodded as William gave him instructions on how to take care of his mother. The truth was that as soon as William left for Hogwarts, Gilbert would go off duty and leave to his home town although William didn't know this. He thought Gilbert would stay with the family while he was at Hogwarts. With one final search through the crowd for his parents William sighed. They weren't here. He looked towards the red, brick wall nervous. His initial excitement has died down knowing that he wasn't going to get to say goodbye to his parents, but William put on a strong suit and prepared himself to go through the wall.

Seconds before entering the platform, William caught the glimpse of the terrible duo, Wren and Wendolyn. The twins glided through the station with a sense of dominance, well as much dominance as six year-olds have. All who were in their way either stepped to the side or were pushed away by Wren's little hand. To the twins, age only determined whether you paid full price on a meal, or got child discount. His parents weren't far behind. Although his initial fear of his siblings had paralyzed him, the sight of his fun, loving mother made William feel warm and fuzzy. "You made it!" Leaving his cart unattended, William ran over to his mother and embraced her in a tight hug. William's mother smiled at her child, unlike his father who was frowning at the public display of affection. The twins were expressionless, but seeing their father's scornful expression, they tried to mimic him.

"Of course I made it Willy Bear. I wouldn't dare let you leave by yourself. Now come on let's go before the train leaves you." William nodded in delight and with his family walked back to the cart he had left unsupervised. "Look Waldo! Mom and dad made it!" Fixing the sleeves of his light blue shirt William grabbed hold of the luggage cart, closed his eyes, and, with a smile on his face, ran through the wall knowing his parents would be right behind him.

---

Putting his stuff away on the train was the hardest part. His father had refused to help him, insisting that he was a man and should be able to carry his own luggage. That along with Waldo rubbing himself on his feet with a sudden crave for affection was just the cherry on top. But alas, he managed to get his stuff up on the train and find an empty compartment. Smiling to himself, William dropped the fat cat on the seat and plopped himself on the spot next to him. He scurried himself to the window quickly to see if he could find his parents and wave them goodbye once again, but they had already left. Gilbert was there though, speaking on his phone with someone. A small frown crossed William's lips before he caught Gilbert's gaze and smiled brightly. He was thankful that he had stayed with him, but honestly, he wanted his parents to be there too. "Guess it's just you and me Waldo. We're going to have a great time in wizard school! Maybe they'll make a potion that make you less heavy" The cat meowed, complaining at the sound of William's voice disrupting his sleep. "...and less grouchy"

Last edited by a moderator:

r o s e m a r y . w i l l o w . d a v e n p o r t

tumblr_lxnwq62EIS1qmynpd.gif
”Dammit, we're going to be late!" Rose called frantically, glancing at the large clock above King Cross Station with her nose pressed against the car window. Hearing her language, her mother turned toward the backseat, raising an eyebrow that promptly told the eleven-year-old to mind her tongue. The brunette slumped down in her seat, yet she continued to worry, as she did not want to miss the Hogwarts Express. Rose made everyone get up early that morning, wanting to avoid her nightmares of missing the train and being told that her acceptance letter to Hogwarts was a mistake. Fortunately, the latter was unlikely to occur, though the former was still a possibility, given that the Davenports were having trouble finding a parking spot in the large lot.

Minutes later, Rose almost cried with joy, as her father found an empty parking spot near the middle of the lot. After the car was shut off, the Davenports exited, and Rose beamed with excitement, as Alistair Davenport unpacked the trunks.
"Thank Merlin. Let's go, go, go!" She exclaimed when both her and Brandon's trunks were put on trolley carts, glancing toward the clock again and seeing that there might be time. Taking an initiative, the girl marched toward the large station, her parents and brothers with the trolley carts in tow. She looked unhinged but that did not slow her down, as the brunette led the way toward the familiar entrance to Platform Nine and Three Quarters. Upon arriving at the brick wall between Platforms 9 and 10, Rose stopped, almost crashing into a woman looking at a map. "Sorry." She muttered, staring at the wall as if she was seeing it for the first time.

"You've scared away all the Muggles." Damian Davenport snickered into her ear once the rest of the family caught up. Rose turned around to face him, a fire growing in her eyes, as a smart remark was just on the tip of her tongue. "You'd be excited too, if you actually got to go today." Rosemary replied with a soft smirk, leaning in to ruffle her younger brother's dark hair affectionately. With those words, a glint of excitement appeared in her eyes once more, and she ambled up to her father to take her trolley cart from him. "I'll take that." She murmured softly with a grin, producing a chuckle from the man's lips. Gripping the handle tightly, the Rose glanced at her mother, who only gave her an encouraging smile. The first year smiled in return, nodding in understanding before turning to the brick wall once more. She exhaled a sigh, closing her eyes before running straight on toward the entrance before her.

Rosemary grinned, when she appeared at Platform Nine and Three Quarters, her hazel eyes trained on the bright red and black steamer that would be taking the students to school. Though she had seen it before, the brunette stared in awe because she would finally be getting on it for the first time. It was an exciting and exhilarating feeling, one she wished not to forget for the rest of her days. Unfortunately, her moment vanished when Brandon quickly caught her attention and directed her toward the compartments where all of their trunks would be stored. She nodded and followed her elder brother, giving her trunk and parcels to the indicated personnel. Rose clicked her tongue in disapproval of leaving her dear owl, Hera, alone with the other trunks, electing to bring her along for the train ride. Though a pet, Rose was sure that the lovely barn owl would enjoy seeing the countryside.

"Alright, you two. This is it." Sidra Davenport, the mother of the children, said with a watery smile on her face. She automatically drew Rose into a tight hug, causing the younger girl to chuckle softly and hug her back tightly. "Don't worry, mum. I'll make sure to owl you right after sorting. I'll even make Brandon write a little bit." She whispered into the woman's ear, winking at her when she pulled away. Afterwards, Rose stalked into her father's peripheral vision, wrapping her arms around his middle from the side. "I already know you're going to miss me." She teased lightly with a grin that rivaled a Cheshire cat's, causing more laughter to erupt from Alistair Davenport. Instead of responding with words, her father pulled her into a warm hug, which she heartily returned with one of her own. "Try your best to behave yourself, yeah?" He lectured, peering down into her hazel eyes with a proud smile. Instead of replying affirmatively, Rose smirked and shrugged before moving away from him without a promise of being well mannered.

Rose sauntered up to her younger brother, Damian, chuckling as his dark hair sticking out in many places.
"Can't you just sneak me into your trunk?" He breathed with pleading eyes, clutching Rose's hand and looking up at her. This caused the first year to smile, bringing her little brother into a tight hug and shaking her head. "Even if I did, I'd have to send you back as soon as we got there." She responded with a mischievous snicker, giving him a playful shove. "Be good." She said to her little brother with a small smile, glancing at her parents, whom were content to see their second child off to Hogwarts. With a grin, Rose waved to them both before turning on her heel, boarding the Hogwarts Express with Hera's cage in hand.

Entering the magnificent train, Rose began the hunt for somewhere to sit. She sighed softly and walked down a few corridors, as multiple compartments contained students whom already knew each other. Continuing down the train, she raised a brow, when she noticed a boy with spiky, brown hair and an olive-toned complexion lingering in the corridor. Eyeing him for a moment, Rose deemed him friendly enough, as he also seemed to be a First Year. The brunette knew this was the perfect opportunity to meet others, especially considering Brandon abandoned her soon after they boarded the train.
Idiotic brothers. She thought to herself with a huff, smirking as she thought about how she would tattle to her mother later that evening. Those thoughts leaving her mind, Rose cleared her throat and put on a good face, walking closer to the boy in the corridor. "You seem just about as lost as I am." The First Year said valiantly with a small chuckle, waiting for a response to her statement.

Mentioned:
@RubyRose

shadows-into-light-two.regular.png
Location:: Platform 9 ¾. Tagged:: Her brother and mother, open. House:: TBA. Mood:: Excited, somewhat apprehensive.
"We're really here!" Catelyn squealed, grabbing onto her elder brother's forearm none too gently, practically bouncing on the balls of her feet. Usually, the little blonde liked to try and act very grown up, but she found herself barely able to contain her excitement-- she was practically bouncing as she trotted along after her mother, who wanted to make sure she boarded the train safely. To say that Cat was pleased about going to Higwarts at last was an understatement; she had suffered through five long years of yearning for the wizarding school, treasuring every account of it in her brother's letters and the stories he told her of his exploits, and now it was finally her turn. "Oh, look, the Hogwarts Express! Isn't it beautiful and shiny up close? Leo, I do wish you'd wake up!" She directed the last statement at her animal companion, a kitten. However, her words fell upon deaf ears, for the little feline was merely a ball of golden fur huddled amongst the folds of one of Catelyn's old scarves, something she had used to line his basket. Surely a familiar scent would keep the kitten relaxed during the transition? "Yup, and yup. I'll see you later, okay? You go make some friends, I don't want to hold you back," Lupus resisted the urge to ruffle his younger sister's meticulously styled hair before begrudgingly hugging his mother and bounding off to meet some of his peers. That left just Cat and her mother, and suddenly, the eleven year old began to grow nervous. She had never been away from home for long before. As if sensing her daughter's creeping doubts, Esme pulled the girl into a quick hug. "You're going to have so much fun, you won't even have time to be homesick," She assured firmly, not wanting to get emotional for fear that doing so would only set Cat off as well. The little girl nodded solemnly, then her face broke out into a smile as her wonder and excitement swiftly returned. In no time at all, she was back to looking around as if everything was new and amazing. Before Catelyn knew it, she was standing on the platform alone, save for her sleeping kitten. Lupus had already boarded the train, and her mother had had to leave-- business reasons, presumably. Though she felt rather lost among the other students, many of whom seemed to know exactly where they were going, she put on a grave face and began to look for more first years to talk to. Yes, she was keen on making new friends.

1149289_563020580422455_5902862_o.jpg

'Tal' Gail

Gail watched people coming and going, seeking compartments and meeting up with people they knew. He wondered if he'd be among those when next year came around or if he'd still feel lost. Of course you're going to make friends, Tal my bud. Gail thought to himself brightly and felt himself inwardly lift. He noticed the approach of a girl that seemed to be his age and paused in his aimless wandering to see if she was really approaching him or if there was something he was missing. Turns out she was a second year and moved past him, her gaze locked on someone behind him. Feeling just a tad deflated he tried not to outwardly show it. When another girl seemed to be headed toward him, he moved a bit to the side so she could pass him... but she stopped and spoke and he was pretty sure her words were to him.

"Me? Lost? No... I was just looking for someone who would make a good friend and I think you've just helped my search." He said smoothly; it was never smart to show a weakness. And even if Ember had left him feeling a little lost to admit to such a weakness was a bad idea. "You're very pretty, by the way. I've never seen someone with eyes quite like yours." Gail said in an attempt to not seem... 'flirty' because that wasn't his intent; merely to compliment her. It was something his oldest sister had told him about... people liked compliments. It was a good way to make friends but he needed to pick out something that was actually catching his attention. And her eyes were what had since they seemed so open and friendly... and it was nice to feel someone take interest in him for once. "I'm sorry, I didn't intruhduce myself. I'm Gail or... you can call me 'Tal' too, if you want. What's your name?"

Knowing that it would be a good idea to find a compartment now, Gail started carrying Tidliwink's case down the corridor; hoping and expecting this new friend to follow along beside him so that they could find a compartment together.

Talking to Rosemary: @Akeira

507851867-cropped-portrait-of-shy-ten-year-old-girl-gettyimages.jpg

Erin

Beginning to wonder if it was actually a mistake to find an empty compartment to stay in, Erin's face lit into an immediate smile when a girl with pretty, curly hair came into the compartment. It was nice to see the smile returned and when she saw the girl also had an owl, her like for her rose. Of course, if she had come in with a cat or rat or toad or anything she would have still liked her possibly but... it was so much cooler to have a fellow owl owner. Then their owls could be friends while they're friends and it would be a good friendship. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself... She thought to herself, smile dimming a bit. Erin was glad that this girl didn't ask permission first and just came in and took a seat and made herself at home. "I'm Erin! And this is Peeker." She said, moving Peeker's cage so that the sleepy owl could be better seen. It's eyes opened slightly at it's name and it peered at the newcomers a moment before ducking beneath the edge of the cage to peek over the edge uncertainly. However sleepy Peeker had been, he was apparently wide awake now.

"That's a really cool owl! Where'd you get him? I don't remember where dad and I got Peeker... I mean it was at a wizard pet shop and dad and I had traveled all over to find the right wand for me and in the same town we found a really cool wand we found Peeker... I think it was somewhere in London but I've never been good at remembering places. What kind of wand do you have?" Erin's thoughts spilled from her tongue before she could filter them into proper meaning. Peeker was still peering over the edge of the cage and when Erin noticed she giggled. "My owl is really silly. What's your owls name? Are we allowed to let owls out on the train? If we shut the door maybe? And are you a comic book fan? I don't know much about comic books but I know about the super heroes from movies and stuff!" Erin continued to talk, unburdened by the thought of being a nuisance.

Blabbering to Imogen: @NessieAlways

@CloudyBlueDay @ailurophile @JustJazzy

r o s e m a r y . w i l l o w . d a v e n p o r t

tumblr_lxnwq62EIS1qmynpd.gif
A faint smirk appeared on Rose’s face when the boy with spiky, brown hair answered her question. While she had been expected a nervous voice, the brunette was pleasantly surprised by a calm response to her inquiry. Brandon had not given her many details about what to expect on the first train ride besides facts anyone could read inside an informational pamphlet. After her infuriating older brother talked about the trolley cart for a considerable amount of time, he insisted she would have to navigate the rest of the ride by herself. Consequently, he left to find his friends soon after they boarded the train, Rosemary teasing him about sneaking off to snog his Ravenclaw friend as he retreated. Stranded in the middle of the corridor, Rosemary was initially vexed that Brandon abandoned her so soon, but her luck seemed turn with the boy before her.

Rose’s brow rose quickly, when the boy in front of her complimented her appearance. Her hand automatically when to her brunette hair, a thick mass of curls laying atop her head, which was barely manageable at times. She thought about wearing it in a fishtail braid for the train ride but decided there was no point in hiding her mane. Today was as good a day as any to reveal how large her hair could be.
"Oh, thanks!" She replied with a larger smile, fiddling with a strand of her hair before shrugging pleasantly. The First Year looked the boy over for a moment, her hazel eyes flickering to the cage he held in his hand. "That's an adorable kitten you've got there." She remarked, peering at it in its cage for a few moments longer with an intrigued smile. "How long have you had him for? I've had my Hera for three years." She continued without pausing, smirking at her beloved barn owl nuzzled in her cage.

Rosemary began followed Gail, as he began his trek down the corridor once more. Holding Hera’s cage in her hand tightly, she bounded after him, making sure to keep up.
”My name's Rosemary, but just Rose will do.” She stated with a small smile, making sure to note that she preferred her nickname. Though the First Year was honored to be named after her paternal grandmother, she found it tiresome to be addressed by her full name all the time. Instead, her mother only used it, when the young girl was in some sort of trouble. "Are you as excited as I am to finally be going to Hogwarts?” She asked her companion, peering into a couple compartment windows to see if the rooms were occupied. As the duo continued down the corridor, Rose waited for a response and hummed softly, taking note of the trolley cart near the end of the hall and making a mental note to stop there later.

Mentioned:
@RubyRose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back