• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lullabies

DisasterCallingMe

Typical Reject
We've all lost someone dear to us whether it through means of suicide, homicide, or just natural selection, it hurts. It hurts to lose that person, but we have two options; Sit in our pity, or make the best of the situation.

Six teens feel they need to make the best of this situation.

When their friend Conna kills herself, the teens run away to start their own life in sunny Sacramento, California. The world is full of skaters, romance, and nonetheless drama.

This is Conna.

african-american-woman-sad.jpg

Listen to this >>>>>>[media]

[/media]
Cory's Van

5849198727_bdfea72e17_z.jpg

- NO ONE LINERS. Oh my god, please obey!!! At least five sentences per reply.

- Only ONE character per person

- Romance is aloud, but if sex comes into play, fade out. That's just awkward for everyone. Plus, add a few lyrics from the link in your bio. That's the real password.

- Read the plot thoroughly.

- Password is DogHouse in Bright Red.

Cory~

"No." Alex was trying to give me puppy dog eyes, but I wasn't falling for it. "You are not riding shotgun for five hours next to me. I'd probably drive us off a canyon."

"I'll be good!" He defended, but I just shook my head.

"Nope, get in the back." Grumbling, Alex joined a few others in the back. I could stand anyone else sitting in the front, just not my best friend. I loved the kid to death, but god dammit he could get annoying.

I threw the last of my things into the very back of my van, and then headed for the drivers seat. I drove and old Volkswagen Van, that was a bright orange and seated all my friends. It was perfect for a long trip like this. Although we were leaving in the middle of the night so none of our parents would notice us leaving, I knew this trip was going t be fun. I was mostly doing it for Conna, because I knew how much she wanted to get out of this little Colorado town. Now we were doing it for her as her best friends.

Once I was seated in the drivers seat, and everyone else was in the van, I popped in my ATL CD, and started the engine. Alex groaned obnoxiously from the back, hating this band only because the singer had the same name as him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grace

I threw my bag in right next to Cory's and sat down in the back next to Alex. I thought a lot about what i should bring yesterday. I brought a ton. Including my flask, which was in the breast pocket of my flannel. I honestly couldn't wait to get out of this backwater shit hole. I loved road trips. I pulled out my cigarette carton and put one between my lips. "You mind?" I asked Cory as I got out my Zippo.

Deuce had a black hoodie, with the hood on, covering almost the half of his face. He went ahead and threw his backpack on, with diverse stuff. He brought a combat knife, even if it was unnecessary, he liked at least feeling safe. He got on the back and just sat there, quietly, waiting for the rest to arrive and watching Alex and Cory blabbering about everything that came on their minds. He'd get used to it sooner or later. He lookes at the side and see Grace smoking. He loved her hairstyle, woman with short cuts were the best for him, god knows why. He started at the floor and started scratching his head.

Alex~

"Go ahead," Cory told Grace. "Just open a window." I leaned my head on the back of the seat I sat, listening to Cory's stupid favorite band. We would be in the car for a few hours until someone switched and took their turn to drive. This whole ride was going to be torture if I didn't get to stretch my legs every once in a while. I wasn't the type of person who could sit still for very long.

"I'm hungry!" I complained from the back of the van, siting up a bit straighter so I could look at Cory who was still driving.

"I told you to eat breakfast, twerp!" She hollered back, flipping me the middle finger in the process. I just stuck my tongue out and pulled out my iPod to drown out my thoughts with music and pointless games.

Grace

I lit her cigarette and rolled down the window. I noticed deuce staring at her. "What?!" I was about to put her carton back but I held it in front of him. "Do you want one?" I asked in a rude manner.

He lifted an eyebrow when he heard Grace's voice of anger. He lifted up his head and simply shook his head. He was worried on the inside of why she was so aggressive at him at the moment, but, he never actually expressed it, well, since their dear friend left them, he lost any capacity of feeling emotion on the outside, sure, he'd die on the inside, but fail to show anything. He lowers his head again.

Heidi –

Shit Shit Shit Shit, I thought to myself while running. Lawrence once more got me into waiting for him, hence being late myself. All of this Just for supplementary candies. “I’m never agreeing for anything like that again.” I told him as we were running down the street. But of course, that wasn’t true; I had said this God knows how many times in my life, and it surely wasn’t the last. And on top of that, he just laughed harder. Gah, I’ll kill him, someday, I thought. If we don’t get killed by Cory first. Soon, the van came into view. It was a good thing, since I was starting to get out of breath. I gazed at Lawrence, who didn’t look tired at all; of course, since he was pretty athletic. When we got to the car, I threw my bag with the others’ and jumped in the van, catching my breath. I found a free seat, and so did Lawrence –who was still smiling like an idiot.

Grace

I took a long drag and regarded Deuce with a glare. I was thinking he probably had heard all the rumors about me. I mean, they were true... but they were still technically rumors. Thats when Heidi showed up. I smiled weakly at her. "Hey."

Cory~

"You're late," I said, glancing at the two who entered the van late, but it wasn't in a cruel way. I just gave them a small smirk, and started the long journey we had ahead of us. We had two days until we got to Cali, and I was just wondering how exactly we would all survive. Sure, we were friends, and good friends, but we did get annoyed with each other.

"You guys all ready?" I called, a grin splitting across my face.

"Just start driving already!" Alex called back, flipping me a finger.

Lawrence

I sat next to Cory, in the front. I looked at the back of the Van and watched as Heidi smiled and waved at Grace. "Hey you. Already smoking?" she teased her, before she glared and pointed at me when Cory told us we were late. "It's totally his fault. The blame is his." I tried to keep a straight face on, but couldn't hide my growing smirk. "Doesn't everyone like having more candies?" I defended myself, looking at Cory.

Cory~

"Yeah, sure," I replied, giving Lawrence a small smile. "But, you should have moved faster." I nudged his arm before pulling onto the almost deserted highway. I could see Alex snoring in the back already, since he didn't take my advice and rest up. "So, who want's to drive after me?" I asked, knowing we'd come to a rest stop in about four hours so we could stretch our legs and get some food.

Grace

I said nothing. I didnt like sweets and i certainly wasn't fit to drive. I still had a buzz from a couple hours ago. Speaking of which, I pulled out my flask and took a swig, flicking my nearly un-used cigarette out the window. I didnt like having to have my window rolled down, and the buzz of vodka was better than a Camel anyday. I was one of the strange people who like the taste of hard liquors like gin and vodka. I savored it and enjoyed the burn as it went down. I rolled the window back and settled back into my seat, sighing. 
((Where is everyone? @Lost Girl Maddie ?))

((Sorry guys ;~; ))

Deuce looked at Lawrence walk in. Everyone went in front, he was the only one in the back, but he found it better that way, like always. He shook his head at Lawrence's offering of candy. He didn't feel like even lifting up the head, since when he stared at someone for some second he would get classified of rude or something similar. He'd get bored of being behind sooner or later, so he said ''I can drive without sleep.''

Cory~

"Well if you want to," I told Deuce, giving him a grin. He actually talked, which was rare. I turned back to the road so I wouldn't crash us or anything, and tried to start a conversation with the boy who sat to my right. "So what sweets did you get and are you willing to share?"

Alex~

I dug through my back pack, a grin splitting across my face when I found a few granola bars there. "Yes!" I sang in joy doing a little happy dance in my seat. It mostly just consisted of a bunch of wiggles.

((Hey! I gotta go))

Lawrence –

“I never said I’d share.” I told Cory, looking ever so seriously at her –of course, I was joking (There was no way I could eat all that myself without getting sick). A smile appeared on my face as I peeked into my bag. “I’ve got Twizzlers, Nibs, Nerds, Maynards, Sweetarts, Mentos, […], and pretty much everything I could find.”

Heidi –

I looked back to see Deuce, offering him a props. “Hey, Deuce.”

(I'll be back soon)

((Im so confused. Who is where in the car?)) 
Grace

I did one bittter sounding chuckle. I looked down at my flask... I had my candy. "You must be four years old Lawrence." I deadpanned. Then I remembered something I treid at a party once. My friends took a warhead and droped it in thier vodka. It was pretty awesome. "Do you have any warheads?"

He lifted his head at the sound of Heidi's voice, he knew she wouldn't get mad, so he didn't quite mind. He raised lightly waved at her. He reached for a smoke in his backpack and lit it up. He started looking at the corner of the van, lost in tought, thinking about way too much at the moment, but, there was nothing else to do anyways.

((Uh Cory and Lawrence are in the front. Deuce is in the back. Heidi's place depends on yours and Alex's, since she came last.))

Lawrence –

I raised an eyebrow playfully at Grace. “And you must be two centuries old. And of course I have warheads, I’m not tasteless. Just let me-” I rummaged in my backpack for a moment, in hopes of finding my Warheads. “Here!” I threw a few sweets on Grace’s lap.

Heidi -

“Want me to stay awake with you, when you’ll drive?” I asked Deuce, thinking that maybe I could keep him from falling asleep if he does.

(Well im sitting next to alex.)

Grace

I opened up one of the warheads and dropped it into the flask. I waited till it was all fizzled out. I took a sip. It tasted awesome. "Oh dude. Try this." I passed it up to him. I was in a good mood a rare, and beautiful gift. Maybe the car trip was already working....

Deuce lifted an eyebrow at Heidi's question. He shrugged, since he really didn't mind her. He was sure he wouldn't fall asleep or anything, maybe that was her question. He leaned back at the back of the truck, he was bored and didn't know what to do. The person he enjoyed talking to was Grace and she was to cheerful with the kid offering her candy.

((So that means Heidi is next to Deuce. ^^ ))

Lawrence –

I watched her as she took a sip, ready to laugh at her if it tasted disgusting and that she wasted all her vodka, but viewing her expression, it clearly wasn’t bad. She handed it to me, and I grabbed it. I was sure I wouldn’t choke on it since I used to drink that kind of alcohol all the time, years earlier, so I took a big sip. And man did it taste good. “Daaamn,” I said, slowly nodding.

I grabed it back from him. "Good right?" I took another sip. I had to make this last for four hours, until we could stop at a gas station. They normally only sold beer but that would do. I sighed again and put my feet up on Cory's headrest. I slowly started to feel my cheeks get warmer.

Cory~

I was humming along to the music, tuning into everyone's conversations, but not inserting myself. If they got along why should I bother? "Got any M&M's?" I asked Lawrence, only peeking at him a second so I didn't have to take my eyes off the road. He took a drink of Grace's vodka, and I wrinkled my nose a bit at how he downed the strong liquid. Didn't it sting a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back