Lucerne, The City of Life ~RP~

Speaking of weddings my brother is getting married tomorrow))

"Well i just couldn't help my self and it is said that it is a good thing to show your emotions when in a relationship. And meeting Emerald when i have rested up does sound like a good idea." As he walked out with her he squeezed carefully back making sure not to squeeze too hard. He tried to enjoy the ride like anyone else should have but of course he tensed up and his knuckles where a very white color from here he was gripping the door handle. As he got out of the van he smiled at her. " Well it's up to you if you want to come and visit some more or just spend some time with me, it's up to you what you want to do is fine with me."

" I should be the one apologizing because all i seem to be able to do is this. And at least you know that your parents are alive as mine died not to long ago and it was their last wish that i would get a job. And the way that you try and help people out is a little bit odd if i may say so not to insult you though. And that is a cowards way of ending a conversation" she added the last part after he had left. She felt bad and wrapped her arm around her stomach as it cramped which she always got when she got scared or stressed and she went to the bathroom and heaved losing her supper to the tolite and she groaned and sat on the ground feeling slightly guilty for what she had done to the young man she would have to find a way to apologize to him otherwise she would have the guilt hanging over her until she cleared up the misunderstanding.

(im super mega sorry ive been not posting for like 2 weeks, once all my classes are registered for and the school year gets started i will be on a better schedule and likely post more) @Chiba Masato

Faith smiled, "why don't you go rest up. Ive got nothing to do today, so once you feel better you can come over for a visit. i will even clip fresh tea leaves from my garden so we can have tea later" he put a hand on his face, and gave a shy peck on his cheek. "i do hope you will feel better" she said quietly before retreating back into her home.

"that was daring of you sis" Emerald said from the kitchen, a sandwich in her hand. "you are usually the slow and steady type."

"i know, but... i couldnt let him be disowned. you dont think im disrespectful to accept a proposal so soon after Fayts death...its only been a year after all..." Faith sat, toying with the ring on her finger as she thought of the one she had buried on her late fiances grave.

~~~~~

Cian let out a long sigh as his fast paced walked slowed, and he stopped in a nearby park. he sat on a bench and buried his face in his hands in frustration. normally he wouldnt get so defensive or edgy, but somehow that girls accusations hit him in the old wounds he had left behind in his old town. he hadnt at all meant to insult her parents, more so just expressing a feeling of freedom of choice, she didnt have to get so angry about something he didnt even know. how was he to know she had no parents?

"why do i always end up the bad guy?" he murmered, "im not the only one who likes to help others, so why am i the only one getting the short end of the stick?"

Well the funny thing is star i'm in school and i'm gonna be really busy with it from now on so i might only be able to respond on the weekend unless i find time in between my classes to get a post in.))

(haha,my posting is better with classes cuz my schedule is more structured and im not as likely to sleep the entire day away xD but its fine, take your time ^_^ )

Chiba smiled back at her, " that sounds like a really good idea, i'll do that. I'm looking forward to the tea." He looked at her as she placed her hand on his cheeck and kissed the other one. He grinned slightly as she pulled away, '' I'll let you pass off with that for now, and i think i will after a nap or two." He watched her as she walked back to her house, it was rather funny how it turned out to be, almost funny if you looked at it a certain way.

As she entered her house he turned around and limped into his own disregarding his mother and sister who had approached him concerned. Pushing past them he kept his mouth closed in a thin line of determination. He was going to make it to his room before he couldn't move anymore. He tottered slightly and walked a bit faster barely making it into his room where he sat down hard and took the fake legs off and rubbed the stumps gingerly. With a deft hand he closed his door and scooted over to the middle of his room where he lied down on his back on the floor and promptly began snoring.

Alyssa still couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that hung over her like a dense early morning fog. She had been really mean to the boy that she had just met and she knew that she had hurt him really bad by his reactions to what she had said. How could she have helped the neither of them knew a lick about the other. It still felt pretty bad knowing that she had hurt him, one thing she couldn't stand was hurting people. As she walked around the streets of the city she made her mind up that she would apologize to the young man and try and work things out with him otherwise she doubted she would sleep.

Having made up her mind she walked over to the restaurant again and talked to the manager asking where he might be and if she could apply for the job that was open the next day. The manager told her where she might be able to find him, and he also hired her on the spot telling her that she didn't even need to apply because she was so pretty. As she left the restaurant with a deep blush at the managers comments about her she looked up at the setting sun and hurridly walked off determined to find the park, and the boy before the sun set.

Faith spent the afternoon cleaning up the house and preparing some things for dinner, she wanted to cook up something nice when Chiba came over. after she finished her cleaning she grabbed a pear of peach colored garden gloves and went back to the small greenhouse she kept. it was astounding that it was so warm in the greenhouse despite the frigid winter temperatures outside. she tended to her flowers, then turned to her tea plants. she clipped a variety of leaves from the small bushes, then headed back towards the house. she looked at the time, and decided to start the tea.

~~~~~

Cian let out a long sigh that billowed in front of him like a cloud in the frigid air. he had calmed himself and began a stroll through the park. it didnt make sense to him, so many people around him talked about bettering the world and making others smile, but no matter how much he helped, all he felt was hurt. he was somewhat envious, that girl had a close relationship with her parents, even if they were deceased. His parents, despite expressing their care for him, were never around so he rarely got forge such a bond as that girl had. he leaned down and picked up a cold ball of snow, shaping it to be round as he added another smaller ball to the tip. he poked eyes into it and gave a small smile.

He rested for most of the rest of the day not bothering to exert himself any more because if he would do that then he knew that there would be detrimental effects on his body. That and he hurt all over still, he doubted that he would be able to even get up and go over the street to eat supper over there as bad as he wanted to anyway. He looked at the ceiling and sighed slightly depressed that he had worn himself out so much over the course of this one day. He rolled over onto his side and looked out the window at the steadily falling snow and smiled he had always thought that this time of the year was really pretty. He turned and looked at his clock and groaned it wasn't to much longer before he had to try and get up so that he can walk over there.

She had arrived at the park and shivered it was a really cold day, it didn't help any that it was snowing either. She tightened her scarf around her neck trying to seal the barrier between her and the outside world trying to keep warm while she could. As she walked around the park she looked around and smiled at all the families having a good time laughing and playing in the snow. As she walked around she nearly bumped into a person squatted over near a bench and she back up and was about to apologize to nearly walking over the person when she realized it was the guy from the restaurant that she had made feel bad earlier. She blushed slightly and hid it under the scarf and poked him in the back hoping he would look at her. " Umm sorry about earlier it was all a big misunderstanding, can we please start fresh and try to understand each other?"

Faith had a pot of tea going, the smell of freshly clipped tea leaves floating around the house as Emerald started to cook. Faiths young sister may have been a tomboy, but the love of cooking ran in the family. Faith set the table and cleaned up a bit before going to put on something nicer for dinner, she was still wearing the outfit she had worn at work, which seemed like such a long time ago considering all that had happened that day. she came out in a casual teal dress with dark tights to keep her legs warm, and a pair or dark blue flats(shoes). "looking spiffy sis." her sister said from over a skillet of vegetables. Faith smiled, "you better not burn the food." she joked to her sister as she checked the pan in the oven. Faith had a few chicken breasts baking in a bed of rice and creamy chicken soup with bread crumbs and spices adorning the top. (this is actually a really good recipe :P )

~~~~

Cian was surprised to hear a familiar voice behind him. the girl from earlier was apologizing, and he stood up and turned to her, "wait you what?" he said as though apologies were going extinct. his expression gave off as much surprise as his voice did. after a moment or two his surprise melted into a warm, cheerful smile, "of course! you... actually apologized!" he chuckled, again as though this never happened, because with him it really NEVER happened, "im sorry if i offended you as well, but you should know that people arent expected to know what offends you upon first meeting you." his smile never wavered, and he stuck his left hand out to shake, the mini snowman in his right. "I'm Cian, son of two Marines, nice to meet you!" he said, another chuckled rising from his lips in a white fog.

Faiths outfit:

images

@Chiba Masato sorry i took so long on this ^_^

Actually i've had it before it really is good and sorry but i'll try to get to misadventure soon i've been stuck with alot of projects 1 or 2 a week and i'm not even a senior yet. My mom actually used to fix it and i loved it.))

Chiba sat up with a grunt and looked around his room for any fresh clothes that he might be able to wear and found only a simple light turquoise polo and white undershirt with a pair of simple khakis. Pulling them on took more effort then he would have thought necessary and he groaned as he finished slipping the prosthetic back on with another grunt he slid around the house to the door where he put the shoes on the apparatus and stood up and groaned. Clenching his teeth he waddled out the door and softly shut it behind himself and waddled across the street like some sort over penguin and paused at her door not knowing what to do yet as he gathered his thoughts he hummed a tune and after a minute rang the door bell and ruffled his hair and put on a some what trickster grin on his face and waited for the door to open.

She flinched at his reaction and blushed harder not being able to hide it under the scarf any longer and she shuffled her feet staring at the ground in her embarrassment, and when his tone changed she looked up in surprise at the young man and smiled herself under the scarf glad it was there so he couldn't see the extent of her blush and how foolishly she was smiling. " You're apology is also accepted," as she stared into his face the more flustered she became but after taking a firm breath and lowered her scarf and smiled at him. "Nice to meet you Cian, I'm Alyssa a new coworker... please take care of me!" She giggled and shook his hand, and with her other hand she discretely grabbed his right hand firmly and with him not having expected it she directed the small snowman towards his face giggling as she did so. Halfway there she stopped what she was doing and saved the snowman from falling. Blushing again she hid it under her scarf and shuffled her feet again nervous for some unknown reason again, holding her scarf in place she looked up sheepishly and her cheeks rose in what might have been called a smile, "What are you doing tomorrow? I'm free so i was wondering if you would... uhm" she shuffled her feet again looking down at the sidewalk trying to regain her previous gusto to finish her question. She looked up again still slightly sheepishly but with a bit more confidence in her tone now her eyes slightly glistening as if she was on the verge of tears " would you like to spend Christmas with me?" There it was put on the field and she ducked her head again she kicked herself mentally wondering why she was so flustered around a guy like Cian he was nice enough but why did she have to get nervous and mess up like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
(ah ah ah mister, read carefully, Faith lives in a house, otherwise she wouldnt be able to have a backyard greenhouse, AND Chiba hasnt been to her house yet, so saying that he hasnt been there in awhile is also incorrect :P )

(Thanks, and classes have kept be busy too, plus work. im glad you knew what dish i was talking about, its soooo yummy, and that picture i found is almost exactly like the tealish/blue dress i used to draw Faith in alllllll the time :P BTW i will get to misadventure, that one just requires a bit more thinking on my part since Temp is such a new character for me)

Faith smiled as a pleasant smell filled the kitchen. it smelled of Tea, homemade food and flowers. this had been her life for some time now, she loved the aromas and the calm she felt cooking and gardening and looking after her sister. now she had the joy of cooking for someone else, and she was sure to do her very best in cooking. she began to set the table when she heard the doorbell ring. she straightened out her dress and went to answer, finding a grinning Chiba waiting on the other side of the door. "well good evening, you're right on time, come on in, its cold out there." she said with a smile, leading him towards the dining room. her home was modestly decorated with a feminine touch for the upcoming holiday. Christmas had always been important for her family, and had been a source of healing after losing her fiance, and after her mother had been diagnosed with cancer.

~~~~

Cian gave Alyssas hand a firm shake, then let out a surprised "whoa!" as she nearly stuffed his miniature snowman into his face. "be nice to Fred, what did he do to deserve that?" he chuckled, motioning to the snow man. he saw her hide her face a bit, he could tell she was a little red, and she shuffled her feet, she asked him if he was busy, but paused a moment. would you like to spend Christmas with me? Cian was a bit surprised at the question, but gave a warm smile, "i dont mind, my parents wont be back in the U.S. for...3 months i think, i could use the company." he poked at the snowman a bit, "we could celebrate at my place, no use keep our grand sized Christmas tree for one person, but if youre more comfortable in your own home, i can understand that."

He walked in as he was welcomed into her home and he smiled as he breathed in the smells of her home enjoying them. After taking his shoes off he walked in after her and smiled at Emerald and snuck up as best as he could behind Faith and ran his cold nose along the nape of her neck and smiled as he felt her skin involuntarily contract as it was chilled. " I think this is the matrix as we have on practically the same colors on tonight. And emerald i didn't plan this what so ever." He laughed and sat down beside Emerald and poked her in the cheek grinning devilishly again and bending over he took off his prosthesis and set them beside his chair and smiled at Em again. " So i hear you play soccer, promise i can watch you play one day ok?"

~~~~

She almost doubled over in a fit of laughter and seemed to dance backwards. "So you named him fred hmm? And spending it at your place doesn't bug me it means that i can see a guy's room." She giggled at him calling the snowman fred and how he seemed a bit uncomfortable. She ran her hand along the top of the park bench collecting the snow in her hand and then with a sly grin balled it quickly and launched towards his stomach and darted to the side knowing fred would soon be airborne. "How a bit of a snow ball fight before we head over there first?" she asked him giggling as the first snow ball fell just short of her target and she puffed her checks out in frustration and balled another ball of the snow keeping it packed loosely so it wouldn't hurt him. and threw another one laughing.

Faith jumped slightly as Chiba ran his nose along her neck, "Hey! thats cold!" she turned and poked his cheek with her spoon, leaving a few grains of rice there, "sit down and behave, or you might not get any of my fantastic home cooking." she teased with a smile. she turned back, grabbing a pair of oven mitts and pulling the pan of chicken and rice from the oven. she set them on the pot holders in the center of the dinner table, then went back to the oven to grab the bread on the other shelf inside. once she had everything set out, she poured the tea made from the plants in her garden and sat with them. Emerald looked over at Chiba, "of course you could watch, the more fans the better we do!" she said with a grin.

~~~~

Cian was quick on his feet, backing up as he watched the snowball fall short. he set the mini snowman now deemed 'Fred' on the bench just as he was pegged in the chest by a snowball. "OH!" he clutched his chest, "I'm hit! I'm hit!" he fell into the snow bank dramatically so that he was facing away from her. he quietly scooped up some snow, turned, and launched the fluffy white ball at at her. "Return fire!!" he smirked, "never underestimate the son of two Marines!" he said with a hardy laugh.

Thanks star :D )

Chiba Chuckled and sat down beside Em and smiled at her, "Alright that sounds great now if only you could tell me where the games are at and what time, I should be able to make it out to a majority of them. Believe it or not i use to play as well, but that was way back in high school. Got invited to play in the U-18 all star league i wanted to go but i had recently injured my leg and i couldn't make it. And of course it had to be my last year at high school too talk about a missed opportunity huh?" He laughed and wiped the rice from his cheek and ate it smiling appreciatively. "I knew i had Faith in your cooking skills Faith for a reason." He nudged Em lightly under the table and cracked a mischievous smile at her and laughed lightly at his own corny pun. "Need a hand with anything else? I don't like sitting here while you do all the work you know." He leaned to Em, "I wanna take you out one day, okay?" He whispered to her and slipped her a piece of paper, " When you have a free day call me okay? Supper'll be on me what ever you want. Sound good?" He straightened up and grinned and winked at her and looked at Faith. "Alright, come on let's eat, any longer of this and I'll end up inhaling it all."

Alyssa took his return fire straight to the face and coughed snow out of her mouth and laughed at how well he had timed his toss to hit her in the face as she opened her mouth. Sneezing once, she wiped her face again and held a loosely packed snow ball in her hand and dashed up to Cian and grabbed the back of his coat and shirt and pulled it back and stuffed the snow ball down his shirt and dashed and picked 'Fred' up and dashed to a safe distance. In a mock serious voice she looked at Cian, "If you want this innocent Fred to live then you'll drop your weapons and take me quietly to super.... Or we can talk on the way." The last part she tripped up on but regained her composure at the end again. "Do we have a truce Mr. Soon to be master chef?" She laughed at what she was doing to poor little 'Fred.' "Don't worry i won't drop him on the ground." She said with a sly grin on her face watching him carefully making sure he wasn't going to try something extreme to save 'Fred'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back