• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern lovely characters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Other
Here

Uxie

ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭* ੈ‧₊❀˖°
click images for character sheet and hearts for role availability.
[div class=container]
[div class=overflowbox]
C A
[div class=imgslide]
S T
[div class=hearts]❤ ❤ ❤[/div][/div]
[div class=sheet]⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
cs' are due 14 may.
if you would like to request an extension, please say so
at least 5 days before the deadline. (is this homework lmao)

requisite.
name
d.o.b.
ethnicity
note: as the roleplay is taking place in south korea, realistic asian fc's are advised. that said, other ethnicities are allowed as well, just clarify w me

looks.
appearance (at least one paragraph)
or
faceclaim
height
weight
hair colour
eye colour
body type

persona.
personality (at least one paragraph)
fears

misc.
biography (at least 2 paragraphs // please delve into why they are problematic)
relationships
others

writing sample.
self explanatory – pick one of the two prompts. it need not be about your character.

a long time ago, you pushed a bratty little kid off the swings. several years later, they haven’t forgiven you, and it’s kind of becoming a big problem.
or
write a story that begins with the line "she opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor"

[/div]
[div class=textscroll][div class=cast style=display:none]⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
this is not on a first come first serve basis.
people who have a reservation may not get the role, though they will have an advantage in the final decision. if you put up something of very high quality, your character may still be accepted instead. if you do not get the role you applied for, your character may be a side character if you would still like to be a part of this roleplay.

the cast.
couple 1;
the obsessed – reservation
the royal – open

couple 2;
the gambler – reservation
the romantic – open

couple 3;
the rebounder – open
the copycat – reservation

couple 4;
the puppeteer – reservation
the pushover – open

couple 5;
the opportunist – open
the privileged – open
[/div][/div]

[/div]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡

[class=imgslide] height:92px; width:92px; background-size:100%; margin:auto; center; border-radius:50%; position:relative; top:6px; border:3px; solid #000; padding:5px -10px; background-size:100%; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=hearts] font-size:8px; color:black; text-align:center; position:relative; left:-15px; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=overflowbox] height:478px; width:388px; position:absolute; left:7px; top:-2.5px; z-index:2; [/class] [class=cast] font-size:12px; background-color:white; text-align:center; margin:0.9%; color:black; [/class] [class=sheet] font-size:12px; text-align:center; margin:0.9%; color:black; [/class] [class=textscroll] height:310px; width:100%; overflow-y:scroll; padding-right:100px; [/class] [class=TabSel] opacity:1.0; [/class] [class=container] height:480px; width:390px; border:1px solid dimgray; margin:auto; position:relative; z-index:1; cursor: default; [/class] [script class=hearts on=click] hide sheet show cast [/script] [script class=imgslide on=click] hide cast show sheet [/script] [class name=imgslide] animation-name: {post_id}imgslide; animation-duration:40s; animation-iteration-count:infinite; [/class] [animation=imgslide] [keyframe=0] background:url('https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DamVmpSV4AEeNc4.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=15] background:url('https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DamVmpSV4AEeNc4.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=20] background:url('https://data.whicdn.com/images/295493134/original.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=35] background:url('https://data.whicdn.com/images/295493134/original.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=40] background:url('https://data.whicdn.com/images/306128586/large.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=55] background:url('https://data.whicdn.com/images/306128586/large.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=60] background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/15/45/ef1545865f87d01a0ca9205c58512757.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=75] background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/15/45/ef1545865f87d01a0ca9205c58512757.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=80] background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9e/1f/64/9e1f6444da43c816146981acdf5af7d9.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=95] background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9e/1f/64/9e1f6444da43c816146981acdf5af7d9.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] background:url('https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DamVmpSV4AEeNc4.jpg'); background-size:100%; [/keyframe] [/animation] [/div]

cs' are due 14 may.
if you would like to request an extension, please say so
at least 5 days before the deadline. (is this homework lmao)

requisite.
name
d.o.b.

looks.
appearance (at least one paragraph)
or
faceclaim
height
weight
hair colour
eye colour
body type

persona.
fears

misc.
relationships
others

writing sample.
self explanatory.

Last edited:
Placeholder for the thot the gambler : Lee Jin-woo 이진우

• Pure boi if you overlook the fact that he's a thot.
  • Likes guys and girls but has recently been more into the former.
  • Medical student who questions whether being homeless is better than paying off his student loan.
  • Will kill if you even take a bite out of his fried chicken.
  • Lowkey needs to stop pushing aside the thought of sorting his feelings out for The Romantic.
  • Doesn't flirt on purpose, he just does it.
  • Used to be a fat child who traded off Pokemon cards because of bets.
  • "Love is overrated and not pratical in any sense. The neurochemicals secreted by your brain causes you to 'love'. Technically, your heart doesn't feel a thing, it's your brain."

rhesmanisa.regular.png
[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:420px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #840505; overflow:hidden; background:url('https://media1.tenor.com/images/ff188497a65d96f98eff47af4dda61ee/tenor.gif?itemid=10678951'); background-size:50%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:310px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-461px; left:-10px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:25px; color:#fff; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #840505; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:12px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=wrapper][div class=scroll]
[div class=textbox]♦ requisite.
name
"Call me Jin-woo, Jin or even Lee. I only respond to Woowoo after 7pm or if you're cute."
Lee Jin-woo 이진우

"Ah, finally legal. You know what that means...It means student loans to pay off, more debts and trying (but failing) to eat healthy."
21 y/o

"It's my word against my eyes, I guess. Or at least, the last time I checked."
Male

role
"But how much are you willing to bet for love? Call me when it's high enough~"
The Gambler©

ethnicity
"I'm 100% Oppa."
South Korean
♦ looks.
faceclaim
Lee Jinki from SHINee

height
"That's usually how high the stakes are for me."
6 feet | 182 cm

weight
"WEIGHT a minute, hah!"
165 lbs | 75 kg

hair colour
"Born with dark brown hair but dyed it black for reasons."
Jet black

eye colour
"If you look closely, you'll find that they're dark enough to drown in~"
Dark brown

body type
"What? You wanna have a feel? Ha, pervert."
Jin-woo was born with slightly chubbier features if one were to compare him with the average child. However, as a teen, puberty hit him in the right spots (not to mention the incentives of working out) and he grew into a slimmer individual than he was at the age of ten years old. Some of the excess fat tissues still remain within his cheek and until this day, some might even describe his facial features to be slightly chubby despite his rather prominent chin. He isn't the most muscular individual and lacks the presence of bulging pectoral muscles but he has enough muscles in concentrated areas (such as his arms and calves) from working out every now and then to keep unwanted amount of fats to away.

In general, he isn't lanky at all but he isn't muscular to begin with. A term he enjoys describing his body is 'lean but with assets unknown'. Jin-woo has a small birthmark on his inner upper arm (close to his armpit) that only his family and [inserts The Romantic] knows about.
♦ persona.
personality
"I'm into BDSM- Bible Discussions/ Study Meetings. Well...not really but you know."
There is a misconception many hold Jin-woo to and that is, a flirt. At first glance and upon interaction, he can be seen as an individual who enjoys flirting but that is merely the manner he enjoys interacting in. This sometimes hinder his ability to befriend someone as they assume his intentions are that of someone with romantic intentions, even though it's one of the ways he show others he's comfortable around them. He can also come off as a playful individual especially since he is almost always down with executing or participating in any given bet, dare or even prank which showcases his loyalty and dedication to people he considers his friends. Not to mention, The term 'social butterfly' resonates with Jin-Woo as he enjoys interaction with people, in general. However, he would consider himself more of an introvert (extroverted introvert, to be exact) as he does get worn out after a day of interacting or engaging in any social events. Though, it might be shocking to find out he enjoys dark humour (only his close friends and The Romantic are aware of this) as it fulfills the introverted side of him. If compared, some might even say his personality at university and outside are completely different.

One of his best suits are that Jin-woo is very persistent and stubborn that he will do whatever it takes to reach his goal (especially when it comes to wagers). Some might call him a sore loser too as he dislikes being proved wrong or lose at something but after awhile, he takes it with a pinch of salt (alongside a pout) and tries to see components of the situation that he could have alternate to achieve optimum results. Jin-Woo is also notoriously known for being an indecisive individual when it comes to trivial issues such as choosing a place to eat. Though, this trait can sometimes be overridden if he encounters someone who is more indecisive than he is.

"You can take away my freedom....you can take away my soul....but you can never take away....MY FRIED CHICKEN!"
Fried chicken | Pokemon cards | Cats | The smell of freshly grounded coffee beans | Dark humour | Pick-up lines and puns | Not being judged on first sight

dislikes
"So many things to dislike but the list can only go so far."
People saying they're 'in love' with someone they've only known for a short period of time | Losing | Busybodies | Concerts being live-streamed on Instagram | Factually incorrect people | Amphibians | Untidiness

fears
"Ahhh, my Kryptonite. Speaking of which, did you know that there's a Kryptonite that turns you gay??"
Loving someone | Amphibians (especially salamanders) | Floods | Losing his mother
♦ misc.
biography
"Get ready for an emotional ride, my dears."

Lee Jin-woo’s life story wasn’t a soppy one- nor was it a complete episode of Barney & Friends. He was born into the world on a very, very humid and hot day to Kim Yoo-ri amd Lee Su-woo. His parents had recently got engaged and was all-prepared for the wedding. That was, until Jim-woo decided it was time for him to enter the world. His parents were high school sweethearts. Kim Yoo-ri was a notorious deliquent and her boyfriend at that time was the student council president. To say the very least, they butted heads a lot. However, like any cliché romance story, they found their love through their differences and knew that they were meant for each other. Because of that, Jin-woo was grateful that he was born into a loved family. So much so that he not only received abundance of love but food too.

Growing up as a child, he was more heavy and chubbier than the other kids his age. Although he was heavily-teased for it, he found solace in a handful of friends and their Betting Games. Jin-woo was known as the kid on the block who could beat almost anyone in a Pokemon card game showdown. It filled him up with thrill and exhilaration to place a property of his on the line and have it rewarded back to him double-fold. He was known as Jin, the Chubby Win.

As he grew older, he begin gravitating to activities that actually helped him control his weight and tone himself up. By the age of fourteen, he was significantly a smaller version of himself if he was to compare it to what he would have been like if he had not changed. With that, his bets and games grew more daring. He begin to experiment with girls (and later on, boys). He was more attractive now. Surely he could get a taste of what that life was like before settling down for someone?

He had everything. His father’s pharmaceutical business was kicking off just right, his mother was the usual devoted wife and loving mother, girls and guys liked him- everything was running smoothly. That was until his father’s corporation was sued for corruption and tax fraud. Luckily, the charges were dropped against his father and his company but his reputation in the medical sector was gone. Who would want to work with someone who’d scam their customers?

Jin-woo’s mother had to take up several jobs while her husband rotted away at home, completely given up on life. Who could blame him? He had never failed up until now. Student council president, valedictorian of his university, CEO of his former company- what was he now? Nothing. Not only did his father deteriorate but so did his relationship with wife and son. Financial issues and giving up on not only your life but your loved ones causes you to lose even the tightest of love (((refer to writing sample for fight scene!!))).

From then on, Jin-woo realised that love was for fools who believed in magical happily ever afters and miracles. How could anyone love someone when there were so many issues, trials and tribulations, hurdles and what-nots that everyone had to cross? Oblivion was better for the soul compared to a hopeless and false sense of security everyone called love.

relationships
WIP until after being accepted.
♦ writing sample.
She opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor. It made a loud crashing sound as individual items begin to fall down on its own, being pulled by gravity as they made their own individual sounds from the impact.

He did not.

Kim Yoo-ri rummaged through folded receipts, tubes of probably expired lipsticks and a few more bits and pieces that were in it but her bank book could not be found. Yoo-ri had a hunch that Su-Woo took it and her gut was telling her he definitely did, but she didn't want to believe it.

Beads of sweat begin to form on her forehead and she aimlessly went through the contents of her handbag again, hoping that the book that jotted down her life-savings would somehow magically appear. Collapsing onto the floor, she finally decided to confront him.

She mustered up as much energy as she could to force her legs to stand herself up before she made her way to the small living room. Yoo-ri didn't enter it though. She merely stood by the doorway arch as she witnessed the scene in front of her.

Su-Woo in his white wifebeater and trouser shorts, seated in front of the television as he chugged down another glass of soju. Yoo-ri wondered how far it came to this. Just a year ago, Su-Woo was discussing with their child about what car he would purchase next.

Yoo-ri took a deep breath before making her way to Su-Woo. Upon reaching his side, she folded her arms across her chest before calling out, "Su?"

The male merely responded with a grunt as his eyes were still glued to the television.

"Did you take my bank book?" She asked blatantly. There was no need to beat around the bus, especially in their state. Yoo-ri didn't want to waste any more time. Her husband was already wasting enough time by being useless at home after the company's corruption case was filed.

A slurp was heard as the male took a swig of the alcohol that was in the green glass bottle before finally looking at her.

"Yeah, so?" He replied almost nonchalantly, as though his act was a habit that she should be used to by now.

"Jin-woo's college funds are all there. He needs it, Su." She replied, almost pleadingly, knowing that her reasoning wouldn't get through his thick skull.

"So? He's still got a few years to save up for it. That boy doesn't need to go to university anyways. He could just work a decent job at the convenience store down the-" Before he could finish his sentence, he felt a tingling sensation across his face before being accompanied by pain and redness.

Yoo-ri had slapped him.

There were tears forming at the corner of her eyes as she pulled her hand back, away from his face, "How could you say that about your own son? Are you that low of a father?"

Su-Woo stood up before making his way to face his wife. He had never been slapped by her and he wasn't about to not do anything about it.

"How dare you lay a hand on me when I've never done so-" He said as he grabbed the female's arm roughly.

Yoo-ri tried to pulled away but his grip was strong. "Do you even love your family, Lee Su-woo? Forget Jin-woo. Have you ever thought about how hard I've worked for us after you lost that stupid company?!" She yelled at him before finally being able to escape his grip. However, the force of her pulling away made her fall onto the floor as she noticed her husband towering over her.

"What love? Does love magically pay the fucking bills? Tell me, Yoo-ri, do they?!" He yelled back down at her but didn't make a move to touch her.

"What the fuck is love when you're thrown into a shithole like this? I wake up everyday, look myself in the mirror and tell myself that my wife has three jobs and that I am staying at home." He continued yelling, the alcohol in him surfacing.

"Love? Love is bullshit. Love is a condition we tell ourselves so that we feel better about ourselves than we really are." He added before he paused, catching his breath. He never had an outburst before but their living situation only suffocated him even more.

"Stop believing in that crap. We're not 16 anymore." He sighed loudly before making his way outside for air.

He didn't need this and he didn't want to deal with it.

He didn't even realise Jin-woo looking right at him from the kitchen.

[/div]
[/div]
[div class=credit]credits RI.a RI.a [/div][div class=overlay]Lee Jin-woo 이진우[/div]​

[/div]

Last edited:
requisite.

name - Bryan Yi (mothers surname)

age - 20

gender - Male

sexuality - Hetero

role - Rebounder

ethnicity - African American/ Korean

looks.

height - 6' 3"

weight - 179 lbs

hair colour - Black

eye colour - Dark Brown

body type - Has an Ectomorphic body type which means he is long, and lean, and has difficulty putting on weight.

persona.
personality - Bryan is a generally good natured person. He ultimately always tries to do the right thing, but like most of the human race does sometimes slip up. Things don't really get to him, and due to his childhood, he doesn't get offended by much. He is fiercely loyal and can get attached to a person really quick, and eventually this trait can and does turn to obsessiveness. He had a rather lonely childhood so this is where this trait stems from. He enjoys hanging around with others, and doesn't like being alone with his thoughts much because they can sometimes get dark.

likes - Conversations, Long books, watching sports, sketching, coffee with tons of milk and sugar, sugary foods, and parties

dislikes - Being alone, feeling hopeless, enclosed places, salty or too spicy foods, ignorant people, long waits
fears

misc.
biography - Jin Ae always wanted to go overseas. Boy did she want to leave Korea, and experience the Western world. When she turned nineteen she got what she wanted through a foreign exhange program that allowrd her to study overseas in an American University. She jumped at the chance. Her parents, ever the traditionalists, at first protested, but soon relented after weeks of begging.
It took a while for her to get used to living in the US, and everything was not as it seemed on television. She met Jonah in a biology class, and she immediately hated him. He was cynical and blunt, and everything she was not. However this extremely tall, and serious guy was the only one that made an effort to talk to her.
Eventually they fell in love, and a year later introduced Bryan into the world. They were ecstatic, but her parents weren't too pleased. They immediately sent for her to come back to Korea, and Jin Ae brought Bryan along with. No matter how much her parents wanted to, they couldn't bring themselves to hate their only grandchild.
Growing up Jonah got the occasional curious look by his classmates because of his weird hair, or strange skin color, but eventually he got used to it and entirely stopped noticing the looks. He didn't have many friends and life was a dull monotone. School, home, eat, sleep. Then repeat. Until he met her.
She was the bright ray of sunshine that brought color to his black and white world, and he loved everything about her. She was perfect to him, and could do no wrong. Then... It was over. As soon as she came, she had gone, leaving him utterly crushed.

relationships -

others -

writing sample.
self explanatory – pick one of the two prompts. it need not be about your character.

a long time ago, you pushed a bratty little kid off the swings. several years later, they haven’t forgiven you, and it’s kind of becoming a big problem.
or
write a story that begins with the line "she opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor. Where was it? She violently rifled through crumpled up pieces of paper, tubes of lip gloss, and gum wrappers, searching for the plastic card that literally would mean life or death. Her heart beat fast against her chest, as her gaze fell through every individual object. Everything except what she actually wanted to find.

coded by allure
[class=tabs] background-color: #111; box-sizing: border-box; color: #fff; font-size: 15px; line-height: 8px; margin: 0px; width: 470px; font-weight:bold; text-align: center; [/class] [class=tab] cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 10px; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: #4a2952; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} ★) (show tabsContentHome) if (eq ${currentTab} YOUR_PROFILE) (show tabsContentYourProfile) if (eq ${currentTab} YOUR_POSTS) (show tabsContentYourPosts) if (eq ${currentTab} MESSAGES) (show tabsContentMessages) if (eq ${currentTab} FRIENDS) (show tabsContentFriends) if (eq ${currentTab} REVIEWS) (show tabsContentReviews) [/script] [div class=tabs][div class=tab style="width:15px;"]★
[div class=tab style="width: 80px;"]YOUR_PROFILE
[div class=tab style="width: 70px;"]YOUR_POSTS[/div][div class=tab style="width: 70px;"]MESSAGES[/div][div class=tab style="width: 55px;"]FRIENDS[/div][div class=tab style="width: 60px;"]REVIEWS[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentHome"]
x
come home to my heart
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentYourProfile" style="display: none;color:black"]
min_seonlight

Following
Send Friend Request

60 postswoo1.6k followersxxx792 following​

? min haseon! ?
i always have paint in my hair and stars in my eyes ? catch me taking sunbaths for that good photosynthesis ? my life revolves around the useful uselessness of art

Q&A
Sort by: Pinned
x3 hours ago
Q: when's your bday?
A: october 15, 1997. i'm a libra teehee

x1 day ago
Q: are you and @_soyjihun not dating anymore?? it's a shame, you guys were the cutest couple
A: honey we broke up 6 and a half months ago... also ikr?

x1 day ago
Q: omg i go to SNU too!! what year are you and what are you majoring in? maybe we have a class together?
A: i'm a junior and i major in painting. i'm working on a project at one of the studios at the visual arts institute rn, so maybe you can catch me there?

x2 days ago
Q: hey baby are you single? ;-)
A: no i'm dating @_sjinnie_.

x4 days ago
Q: i just realized you look exactly like jung wheein from mmm!
A: i get that a lot so i guess i do look like her somewhat, but she's wayyyy prettier imo haha

x4 days ago
Q: How tall are you?
A: 155 cm

x5 days ago
Q: if i were to hypothetically ummm buy you a gift, what should i know to make sure i get you clothes that fit? hypothetically of course.
A: hm well if you were to HYPOTHETICALLY buy me something, i'd let you know that i weigh around 45 kg, i'm shorter than i seem, and i like dresses that accentuate my waist since it's pretty small compared to the rest of my body~

x1 week ago
Q: y r u always dyeing ur hair extra ass
A: because i can't commit to a single Look do you even know me? lol do you at least like the platinum blonde thing i've got going on rn

x1 week ago
Q: 你真漂亮?
A: sorry, i'm korean ?

x1 week ago
Q: i,,, can't,,,tell what color your eyes are am i going crazy
A: no worries i wear blue contacts sometimes! but they're just dark brown like everyone else's haha

x2 weeks ago
Q: i want to hang out w/ u this wkd but i have no ideas, what do you like to do?
A: i like to explore the city, go shopping, party lol you know. have you ever been to that district with the bookstore and the bakery and the cute little shops? AH i wish i could remember what it’s called! we should go. i like to paint ofc and read and put together cute outfits… etc etc

x2 weeks ago
Q: What are some things that annoy you?
A: mmm people who don’t understand the concept of personal space, ignorance, being a broke bitch, fAKes and SnaKEs, and country music

x2 weeks ago
Q: i watched you yell at the hairiest beefiest man id EVER seen last night at the bar wha tthe fuck are you scared of anything??
A: the easy answer would be NO, longer answer: 1. serial killers 2. flying roaches 3. getting pulled over by a cop
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentYourPosts" style="display: none;text-align:justify;color:black"]
min_seonlight's posts
min_seonlight the night waits for no one. i'm always running after her.
kkimggii okay i see you kween of poetry
gong_yah damn you look gooood

load more comments[

say something . . .
NOTHING

min_seonlight i don't know what i'd do without her...

view 19 comments

say something . . .
NOTHING

min_seonlight @heyhyehey and i probably drunk as heck, like tbh i don't remember this photo being taken
heyhyehey why was i wearing sunglasses in a dark room?
min_seonlight @heyhyehey your guess is as good as mine

load more comments

say something . . .
NOTHING

min_seonlight happy birthday to this douchebag! u guys may think he's cool but he's been huge pain in my ass since our second year of high school. @iamsejun is a loser!! i rePEAT HE'S A LOSER AND HE'S 21 NOW. GOD HELP US ALL.
yokoyama_yah you’re so mean ?

load more comments

say something . . .

NOTHING
min_seonlight coffee study dates are the best, especially when mina makes her special cakes uwu
chansick i flirt with mina all the time dude wth how do you get her special cakes

load more comments

say something . . .
NOTHING

min_seonlight “Love must not entreat,' she added, 'or demand. Love must have the strength to become certain within itself. Then it ceases merely to be attracted and begins to attract.”
gong_yah can you stop being an art hoe for like 2 seconds

load more comments

say something . . .
NOTHING

min_seonlight remember the department of fine arts exhibition at woosuk hall this weekend! come out and support us ?

view 13 comments

say something . . .
NOTHING

min_seonlight new hair, same old me
hah.jin damn i was hoping for a new you
kkimggii it looks so good!!! im shaking in my rainbow seqin jacket

load more comments

say something . . .

NOTHING
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentMessages" style="display: none;text-align:justify;color:black"]
hah.jin
Today 4:21 PM

What do you want

What is it this time? Your English essay? Another email to Mrs. Yang?

There's no way she hasn't figured out that you don't have a sick grandma to take care of and that you're just sleeping in every time you skip her lectures.

Doesn't matter, I'm about to take a nap.

Bout to put on some ASMR and knock the fuck out.

What is it?

Why would the art-farts care about your grammar mistakes?

Jesus, how much time did you spend on that?

Figures.

Okay give me a few minutes.

You misspelled “religiously” in the third paragraph.

That mirror simile was stupid.

They asked you who your role model was, not for your goddamn life story.

Did you even answer the question?

Nah… I think you’re good. Just fix the misspelling.

You right. Also, since I read over your thing, can you just tell me if you like this piece I’m writing about the Russian spy that was apprehended recently?

LMAO STFU Do you think I’d be showing it to you if I wasn’t allowed to

Russian spy captured at Gwangju Station [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
by Min Hajin

She opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor. A tube of lipstick, a comb, a can of hairspray, a gold crucifix, and a thick metal necklace chain spilled out – not exactly contraband items at first glance. “I forgot I had this,” the woman said in perfect Korean as she picked up the necklace chain, “I’m sorry for the trouble. Is that all?” When 34-year-old security guard Kim Byungho insisted that she run her bag under the baggage check X-ray as per protocol, she knocked him down behind the machine, pulling the chain tight around his neck. Kim’s quick thinking in that moment was the reason he survived and was able to speak to The Chosun Ilbo the day after the incident. He recalls, “As the cold metal bit into my skin, I thought: This is how she gets them; she takes them by surprise, and they don’t have time to think. Well, not me. I had a bad feeling about her from the moment she walked through that metal detector.”

As the head guard, Kim had a special remote on his belt with various security features, including an Emergency Button that would trigger Gwangju Station’s alarms and send an audio message to the other guards. He managed to press this button while he was being strangled. He states that he passed out shortly after, but surveillance footage reveals that the woman seemed to panic at the sound of the alarms and sprinted for the doors. She was eventually subdued by local law enforcement thanks to a 119 call made by an anonymous witness. See the full video below:
[Unsupported file type]

While first responders believed that the woman was a terrorist, the National Security Council successfully identified her as Fedyaeva Lyudmila, a Russian operative. She was implicated in collecting information about South Korean military activities that led to the North Korean shelling of Yeonpyeong island. However, she has been off the grid since 2012. Russia has not contacted the South Korean government about Fedyaeva’s arrest. Sources have confirmed that the NSC intends to to interrogate Fedyaeva and keep her in custody until further notice.

1.5 KB

click to open.
NOTHING

Yeah, why?

Oh my God never speak to me again.

heyyyy sissy ?

gasp why would you assume i want something

that's not it this time!

bro... pls

HAJIN PLEASE IT'S IMPORTANT

my personal essay for the KIAF competition

if i sound uneducated then they won't like my piece as much :-(

UNNIE PLEAS ?
Who is your role model?

The art supplies on my wishlist easily add up to over ₩500,000. The gouache I use retails for ₩50,000. I use Taklon brushes and plastic palette knives to try and compromise, always wondering if the metallic acrylics I see on the shelf are worth a couple nights’ dinner. But when I was ten, the crappy dollar store watercolors and pot paints that my parents gave me were worth much more than gold and pearls.

My parents were both educators in Ilsan – my dad was a teaching assistant at a law school, and my mom taught junior high algebra. After they got married, they decided that they needed a better source of income to provide for the family they wanted to start. They moved to Seoul together and opened a bookstore and, well, a small business takes commitment to cultivate. On weekends when I was home alone, with my older sister at her tutor’s and my parents at the store, they’d let me have control of the Smart TV to keep me entertained. My immersion in Bob Ross videos took over suddenly one of those weekends. I found myself absorbed in his graceful precision with the brush and his soothing encouragements, my hands itching to follow along with every stroke. My parents caught on quickly. They weren’t about to crush a ten-year-old’s artistic expression. However, there was no doubt in their mind that I would grow up and become a CEO or something, and there was no doubt in my mind either.

My parents are very academic and business-oriented people. Not that it’s a bad thing; no doubt, it’s what made their business boom. But that’s not me. It took me about eight years to come to terms with that. I tried my hardest to be the kind of daughter that they wanted, the kind of daughter my sister was. Most of my friends in high school were the kids who drew tattoos in permanent marker on their arms and spent more time in Theatre than any other class. They weren’t the kind of friends my parents wanted me to be have, unless you would consider that one guy who sells drugs on the downlow to be “business-oriented.” I spent time with them in and out of school, but I never skipped class and I went to cram school religiusly. My grades stayed up, and my parents stayed hopeful. My sister was at Yonsei University, and I was still trying to decide whether I liked chemistry enough to do chemistry-related things as a career. Studying so hard for a hazy future felt like continuously wiping down a mirror but still being unable to see myself in it, no matter how long I went back and forth.

When life got to be too much, I’d take my easel, my box of paints, and a blank canvas out from the back of my closet. And I’d paint. Whether I sketched an outline or just went in heavy, painting gave me the sense of control that I was craving. At the very least, I could decide what I wanted to create. I could dapple sunlight, sculpt faces, and move mountains. Of course, I never got my paintings just right, but do any of us ever? Sometimes they even surprised me and took on a life of their own.

It was those same slacker friends who helped me realize that the path I really wanted to take had been in front of me all along. I was lucky that SNU needed more students in their arts program, and my good grades got me more scholarships – all very vital, since my parents refused to take any part in paying for a “useless education.” If it weren’t for my older sister helping with expenses, I doubt I’d be able to attend at all. How ironic that the model daughter is enabling my poor life choices. I still get criticized on a regular basis, from the people who raise a judging eyebrow when they learn what my major is to those who grill me about my future job prospects under the guise of concern. But as Bob Ross taught me: “This is your world. You’re the creator. Find freedom on this canvas. Believe that you can do it, ‘cause you can do it.” And I know I can do it.

1.8 KB

click to open.
NOTHING

i got a half hour of sleep last night

ily ?

yes! it’s bob ross!!

should i change the mirror thing then?

i’m so lucky my amazing sister is a writer for the chosun ilbo :3

THE RUSSIAN WHAT

woah are u sure you should be sharing that with me

isn’t that like,,, sensitive info or something

tru

duuuude that's WILD

do you have pics of her

is she hot

Write a message...
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentFriends" style="display: none;text-align:justify;color:black"]
min_seonlight's friends
Though she would never admit it, Sejun is one of Haseon’s best friends. Most people wouldn’t be able to tell at first; if anything, most people would think they hate each other with the way they constantly bicker and jab. However, Haseon is one of the few people who knows of Sejun’s true nature and accepts him for who he is (with a lot of judgment, but still, she accepts him). They often stay up late texting and Sejun always pulls through when she needs a ride even if he’s a bitch about it.

iamsejun
Haseon’s girlfriend and rebound is dear to her heart. She loves going on dates with her and doing all that good sappy shit. She’ll show off her cute girlfriend to anyone who cares to listen. However, Haseon is still trying to figure Sujin out to some extent. Despite having known her since high school and even dating her now, Haseon sometimes feels like she doesn’t know Sujin as well as she should.

_sjinnie_
Hyejung is one of Haseon’s roommates and someone she knows through the rich clique (more tbd).

songhye._

Once the cutest couple on campus, Jihun and Haseon are now just exes and nothing more, or so Haseon would like it to seem. The truth is that she hasn’t gotten over him at all, which may or may not be clear to her friends. Deep down, she expects that he’ll forgive her and come back, and she is using her current partner as a way to fill the hole that Jihun left. Of course, she isn’t fully aware of what she’s doing and thinks that her level of heartbreak is normal.

_soyjihun
They were once good friends in her opinion, but after Haseon discovered Nobuo’s obsessive and possessive qualities when it came to her best friend, she distanced herself from him a bit. They still hang out of course (it’s inevitable when Sejun and Nobuo are practically attached at the hip), but Haseon is kind of scared of him. If she didn’t know what Sejun really wanted from the relationship, she would have encouraged him to break up with Nobuo a long time ago.

yokoyama_yah

Inhye and Haseon don’t really hang out outside of parties, but they’ve had good times together for sure. They may or may not have hooked up a few nights after Haseon and Jihun broke up (she seriously can’t remember).

_inhye97

She and Haseon met through an Aesthetics Department event and gradually became friends since then. Haseon is one of Misun’s biggest supporters when it comes to her fashion designing hobby and often orders custom pieces from the other girl. The two go on regular brunch dates.

sew.misun
tbd

jaeheck
Haseon and her older sister are very close despite the six year age gap. Haseon doesn’t hold any bitterness towards Hajin for being their parents’ favorite, since she understands why that’s the case and has understood since she was young. Still, Hajin feels somewhat responsible for increasing her parents’ disapproval of Haseon’s life choices. She wants to support her sister’s dreams in any way she can, even going as far as to pay for the part of Haseon’s tuition that isn’t covered by scholarships.

hah.jin

tbd

taesoo
tbd

jinwoo
tbd

kumi

LOAD MORE . . .

[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentReviews" style="display: none;text-align:justify;color:black"]
what people have said
Only you and your friends can see this
Everyone can leave a review
Sort by: Starred reviews

From A Professor’s Perspective
from Lim Soo-ah
Let me first make it clear that I am only leaving a review for Haseon because she asked me to. I’m not completely sure how this website works. I am Lim Soo-ah, a professor in the Department of Painting at SNU. I can confidently state that Min Haseon is one of my most promising students. Her works are some of the best in her class when it comes to creativity and emotional depth. I cannot speak for her commitment to her other classes, but she has shown a clear dedication to the Painting Department and Fine Arts as a whole at SNU. Even though she has been a featured artist on multiple occasions and has placed many times at exhibitions and fairs, she remains humble and stays true to her craft.​

haseonnie owo
from Lee Chansik
haseon is so cool! she’s super chill and laidback. she’ll say mean things sometimes, but don’t worry, she’s just joking around - she’s really nice. she’s only mean to her close friends, i think, and i can’t imagine her actually saying hurtful things on purpose. i always see her with other people at the bar or at house parties. she works so hard during the day so it’s good to see her relax and let loose at night, y’know? i think i saw her throw back, like, 15 shots a few nights ago without breaking a sweat. she’s an astronomical heavyweight bro. also unrelated, but her voice is kinda hot? like it’s so low and rough and kinda melodic uhhh. tbh might have been one of my favorite things about her when we dated for about a week lol.​

we’re besties fr!
from Gong Yuna
i mean, I’M the top student in the painting department, but she’s catching up i guess. good for her. we’re friends, i swear. we talk at exhibitions and at parties all the time. well, i prefer to talk to her at exhibitions because she’s actually pleasant then. she cares so much about art and all, it’s cute. at parties she’s usually too drunk to be good company in my opinion. she’ll say and do ridiculous things, even for a drunk person. once, i asked her where her friend went and she just lifted her bottle of whiskey and said “jack daniels is right here.” and within the next ten minutes she was all over some guy in the corner. i mean, yeah he was hot, but seriously? love the girl! she just needs to get some help for her alcoholism :/ that’s not her only issue - she seriously needs to get over her ex. i thought she was supposed to be a free spirit or whatever. sure, she and jihun were cute but it’s a little much when she’s already even dating someone else. poor subin, or sumin, or whatever. i wonder if haseon treating her right. i hope she’s not just, like, asking her for things (since mooching off of other people is basically haseon’s whole lifestyle). but yeah, i love haseon! seriously!​

♥ Sweetheart ♥
from Min Hajin
Seon-ah is so cute, isn’t she? All wide-eyed, wholesome, and idealistic. One of my favorite things about her is how supportive and accepting she is of others. It’s really a good quality to have. I think she’s very empathetic and understanding, even when it comes to people who aren’t exactly what you would call ‘role model material.’ It’s strange that she doesn’t have the same standards for her own life. I remember when she was younger, she had all these high expectations. I suppose she wanted everything to be like a movie or a drama: thrilling, saccharine, and complete with good lighting. I don’t spend as much time with her nowadays since she’s in college and I have work, etc., but I hope she’s grown out of it. If not, it could really mess up her relationships. She’d get bored of people all the time. Sometimes I feel like the only thing she won’t eventually get bored of is art.​

we love a queen of aesthetics
from Yu Sejun
any time haseon’s around is a good time, probably. she’s a bit too spontaneous and random for my liking, and slinking around with a painting major all day wouldn’t have been my cup of tea previous to our first encounter, but she’s grown on me i guess. her artistic eye is useful for when im having trouble taking photos or figuring out a new outfit. plus, without her advice, i wouldn’t have met my lovely boyfriend!​
[/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
[div class=container]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡

[div class=title][div class=titletext]송혜정
[/div][/div][div class=tabcontainer]
[div class=tab1][div class=tabtitlec1][div class=tabtitle1]BASICS[/div][/div][/div][div class=tab2][div class=tabtitlec2][div class=tabtitle2]PERSONA[/div][/div][/div][div class=tab3][div class=tabtitlec3][div class=tabtitle3]HISTORY[/div][/div][/div]

[/div]
[div class=contentcontainer][div class=tabcontent1]
name
song hyejung

nickname(s)
bitcoin miner, money-hungry whore, 혜창

d.o.b.
4th june 1998

ethnicity
south korean

role
the opportunist

appearance
hyejung stands at 164cm and 53.4kg, and is of a slim frame. she has little to no defined muscles and does not intend to try and acquire any, admitting that she's never really been much of an athlete. hyejung cares a lot about her appearance, and is almost never seen without makeup, especially around her glucose guardians. due to wanting to keep her hair as smooth and pretty as possible, she's never dyed it. it's still in her natural shade of very dark brown. she refuses to come clean about whether she's gotten plastic surgery in the past, but many speculate so. her fashion is relatively high-end, as the money she gets from her significant others is more than enough to fund her shopping sprees such that she can look even better for them ? while usually not the type to wear jewellery if it clashes with her outfit, she makes a special effort to show off her benefactors' gifts when she's with them.

faceclaim
sooviin38

[/div] [div class=tabcontent2 style=display:none]
personality
would hyejung consider herself a good person? probably not. how could you, when you treat people like napkins and throw them away the moment they can't give you enough?
she'd like to be a good person, she really would. but circumstances do not allow her to be a good person, and hyejung will do whatever necessary to live like she deserves to.
having lost and/or failed at forming genuine relationships during the period when she started mining has resulted in an inability to do so even now. hyejung finds relationships that don't benefit her financially unnecessary because friends don't get you through life. you do. forming attachments will only serve to further hinder her in a quest for her more wealth, and feeling sorry for the people she hurt isn't going to help her cause.

money is all she needs. she usually avoids people who can't provide her with this, whether because it's a waste of time or because she doesn't want any others to get hurt, it's unclear. maybe somewhere deep down, she feels bad (just a little bit) going around breaking all these hearts, but sacrifices have to be made; just not on her part. the ends justify the means, or something.

hyejung prefers to avoid confrontation as she deems it a waste of time, when she can just lie herself through something. she is very likely to suck it up rather than speak up when she knows shes in a disadvantageous position. and while she can be relatively hard-working when she chooses to be, she's more of the type to take the easy way out, as long as it doesn't get her in serious trouble. her intelligence and relatively high grades got her the partial scholarship, but in all honesty, she probably could've done better if she just tried more. never the one for tantrums, as she finds them disgraceful, she turns instead to manipulation in the subtlest form, dropping hints and very slightly pushing people towards the outcome she desires. it's much more efficient than the childish antics, and the success rate is way higher. not afraid to steal someone's s/o if it means she'll get more money, 'cause hey! if they really loved you, they would've stayed.

believing she belongs in the higher class, hyejung is rather embarrassed about her own financial situation and chooses to keep quiet about it. while not the type to lie if it were brought up to avoid any mishaps, she usually hops around the question and avoids answering, hoping to give unknowing people the impression that she is wealthy.

pretty clothes
jewellery
soft animals
drinking 8 cups of water a day
spring

dislikes
bugs
people who get too clingy
being left on read
lack of efficiency
poverty

skills
able to cry on command
godly poker face
good with words

fears
death
heights
one day being homeless

[/div] [div class=tabcontent3 style=display:none]
biography
hyejung didn't grow up dirt poor. in fact, they were doing pretty well in the financial department when she came into existence. her mother was ceo of a major corporation, and she grew up with an easy life. cash wasn't a problem.

not until her mother passed, at least. 3 years ago.
her father had come from humble beginnings, and had a good, practical head on his shoulders. he sold their large house, all of the money that they got from the sale went straight into the bank, and the family of three moved into a smaller, cozier apartment, but to say it was cozy was to imply it was comfortable, when to hyejung it was anything but. her father was a lecturer in a university. it didn't earn them much, but it was just enough to tide them over.

she'd lived 16 years too long in luxury, however, to just suddenly switch it up. adjusting was difficult, to say the least.
her father tried getting her to do part-time jobs, which she did give a shot at, but it took so long to earn enough to buy anything in the least bit expensive. the money was supposed to go to their savings, but she always kept a little for herself. a teenage girl needed some allowance, right?

of course, her brother never had to take on those kinds of extra burdens. he was to focus in school, and get a good scholarship. mr song had good faith that he would. the faith was misplaced, though, as it often is, and hajoon didn't get the scholarship. in all honesty, their father had always favoured his son, so there was little to no hesitation to fork out the money for hajoon to go to university.

but she was a girl. it wasn't that important for her to get a proper education. as her father said, "girls are meant to look pretty and marry into a good family." which was odd, considering his wife had been of such calibre. perhaps that part of him went along with her.
hyejung knew then that she was pretty much screwed.
she wasn't nearly good enough at school to qualify for a scholarship to cover all the fees. hajoon had done pretty well, and he still didn't get it, so how was she to ever manage?
she'd have to find other ways.

it started off simple. catch the eye of the wealthiest boy in school, get what she came for ($$$), and dip out as soon as they stopped being useful. if all she was good for was looking pretty, hyejung was going to make full fuckin use of that. it didn't take long for her "practice" to become pretty well-known around school. of course, all that only garnered her more good attention from her victims, but along with it came hushed conversations when she entered classrooms, of notes passed between delicate fingers, and knowing giggles as they fixed their gazes on her.

she couldn't count the number of times she'd been tripped in the hallway or pushed around in the bathroom or called "slut", "whore", or some other variation. she was pretty, but she'd never been popular, and through doing what she thought was for the sake of her survival (and new shoes), she'd lost what little friends she'd had. it only took her a while to get over all that. after all, rule 2 of being a heartbreaker is to not get attached.

in the end, hyejung got lucky. she got a partial scholarship, and some unfortunate rich lad helped her cover the admission fee and tuition. he'd been pretty enamoured,only for her to break up with him a week or so after getting the money. her business came with her when she entered university, and she needed someone else to give her expenses. her (three) years of experience gave her a good eye for who to target. the privileged ranked as the most likely candidate, and she was right.

relationships
♡ jeong taesoo
her honey bun, cutie patootie and whatever other cheesy words you can call your significant other. hyejung doesn't really feel anything much for him, but taesoo wants attention, and that's something hyejung can supply. the two've been dating for nearly 2 months, after meeting at orientation and hyejung hinting him into asking her out. she's very affectionate with him, keeping up the facade of a loving girlfriend both in public and behind the scenes, as far as he can see. he's doesn't bother her much, which is thankful, as it makes her life so much easier.

+ min haseon
roommates. someone hyejung finds she somewhat enjoys the company of, if only because haseon cares as much about her appearance as she does. she admires her artwork, and while the two do not talk often, hyejung would consider her the closest thing she has to a friend. hyejung, of course, keeps up good relations with haseon regardless, as she knows she is well connected with other wealthy targets, but her being tolerable is definitely an added plus.

± sung jaehan
hyejung knows of him, but the two have never interacted. she thinks if she bothered, they might even get along.

± mae kumi
hyejung knows of her, but the two have never interacted. she thinks if she bothered, they might even get along.

− choi jihun
hyejung finds him pretentious. he's vegan. she has a snaking suspicion that he doesn't like her all too much either, if only because he senses there's something wrong with her relationship with taesoo. hyejung writes him off often as she finds his opinions and perspectives too idealistic, and is quite passive aggressive when in his company to intimidate him into keeping quiet about his views on their relationship

others
majors in law
sophomore
photosynthesis btw

writing sample
honestly? he totally fucking deserved it.
but here he was, seated in front of me with a smug smirk on his face, an utter look of victory in his eyes, and i felt myself feel the slightest tinge of regret. even now, he still looked as bratty as ever, more than 18 years later, but now he was in a better position than i was, and he was gonna push me off the figurative swing set of ever landing a job at my dream firm.

like, seriously, what are the odds? did god have something against me? jeez, i never did anything to the old guy up there, if anything, i thought he was pretty cool, even if i wasn't religious in the least bit. He should at least appreciate me for that, right? not put me through hell on earth, personally overseen by the pettiest devil there ever was.

maybe if i stared hard enough, he'd somehow get hypnotised and give me the job, and maybe even let me push him off something again. a building, hopefully?
"is there something on my face, ms song?" his words snapped me out of my internal fantasies, and i bit back a sharp remark. the knowing look on his face only told me he'd noticed, and was pretty pleased that he was pushing my buttons. asshole. i plastered the sweetest smile on my face and looked him square in the eye. "of course not, sir." he seemed dissatisfied at my reaction and carried on.

"so it says here that your strengths include being hard-working and a pleasant person to cooperate with." he looked up from the sheet of paper in front of him and at me. "care to elaborate?" his voice was practically dripping salt. petty, grudge-holding demon.
it was gonna be a long interview.

[/div]

[/div][/div]
[class=container] height:530px; width:370px; margin:auto; cursor:default; background-color:white; [/class] [class=contentcontainer] height:218px; width:348px; margin:auto; position:relative; top:-17px; overflow:hidden; padding:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #e2e2e2; border-right:1px solid #e2e2e2; border-left:1px solid #e2e2e2; [/class] [class=tabcontent1] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; margin-left:8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent1] font-size:12px; color:black; text-align:left; [/class] [class=tabcontent2] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; margin-left:8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent2] font-size:12px; color:black; text-align:left; [/class] [class=tabcontent3] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; margin-left:8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent3] font-size:12px; color:black; text-align:left; [/class] [class=title] height:45px; width:140px; background-color:white; margin:auto; position:relative; top:45px; left:108px; display:inline-block; padding:8px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [class name=titletext] font-size:40px; color:#302826; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; text-shadow: 1px 2px #f7d0b2; font-style:italic; position:relative; top:-7px; left:-6.5px; [/class] [class=tabcontainer] height:100px; width:370px; position: relative; left:0px; top:-17px; [/class] [class=tab1] height:100px; width:120px; background:url('https://scontent-sit4-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/d950d30e825620ffec859589a45af265/5B7C457C/t51.2885-15/e35/26223468_1998141597140929_4970397349072338944_n.jpg'); background-size:100%; position-relative; margin-right:5px; background-position: 0% 40%; display:inline-block; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=tabtitlec1] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec1 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle1] height:22px; width:66px; background-color:white; position-relative; left:25px; padding:4px; font-size:14px; color:dimgray; font-stretch:condensed; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:35px; left:21.5px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [class=tab2] height:100px; width:120px; background:url('https://scontent-sit4-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/6a2c723bc85aa03abc0a6cbdfc9456d8/5B8F39BA/t51.2885-15/e35/30830139_2056757604604659_819556090235584512_n.jpg'); background-size:100%; position-relative; margin-right:5px; background-position: 0% 0%; display:inline-block; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=tabtitlec2] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec2 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle2] height:22px; width:72px; background-color:white; position-relative; left:25px; padding:4px; font-size:14px; color:dimgray; font-stretch:condensed; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:35px; left:19.5px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [class=tab3] height:100px; width:120px; background:url('https://scontent-sit4-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/4685fe06e9758aa411258ee82189f9c8/5B9AC95A/t51.2885-15/e35/20225713_455117398215445_3256289924306960384_n.jpg'); background-size:100%; position-relative; background-position: 10% 25%; display:inline-block; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=tabtitlec3] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec3 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle3] height:22px; width:70px; background-color:white; position-relative; left:25px; padding:4px; font-size:14px; color:dimgray; font-stretch:condensed; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:35px; left:21.2px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] hide tabcontent2 hide tabcontent3 show tabcontent1 [/script] [script class=tab2 on=click] hide tabcontent1 hide tabcontent3 show tabcontent2 [/script] [script class=tab3 on=click] hide tabcontent1 hide tabcontent2 show tabcontent3 [/script]

Last edited:
[class=y]
background:transparent;
padding: 7px;
Height: 300px;
Width: 150px;
transition-duration: 1s;
transition-timing-function: linear;
z-index:-5;
color:transparent;[/class][class name=y state=hover]
background-color: #BBB2C3;
opacity:0.85;
color:#A98892;
font-size:43px;
text-orientation: sideways;
writing-mode: vertical-rl;
width:137px;
height:287px;
[/class][div class=y]
Tszyu Darae

¿Do I really love you?

[div class=tabcontainer][div class=tab1][div class=tabtitlec1][div class=tabtitle1]I
[/div][div class=tab2][div class=tabtitlec2][div class=tabtitle2]hate[/div][/div][/div][div class=tab3][div class=tabtitlec3][div class=tabtitle3]you?[/div][/div][/div]

[div class=contentcontainer][div class=tabcontent1]

name ; tszyu darae

date of birth ; March 3rd, 1999

gender ; female

ethnicity/nationality ; Korean-Kazakh

major ; vocal music

role ; the puppeteer

likes ;

[/div] [div class=tabcontent2 style=display:none]
height ; 176 cm/5'8

weight ; 45 kg/100 lbs

hair color ; umber brown

eye color ; dark chocolate brown

build ; darae's build is most noticeably very feminine, with wide, rounded hips and a slim upper torso. Despite her round build, her body is quite spindly and sylph-like, with very little fat. However, her body also looks emaciated, with little muscle and often looks frail.

noticeable features ; tall height, angular body, boyish haircut, translucent skin, many moles around her body

[/div]
[div class=tabcontent3 style=display:none]
bio ;
Unlike many others, Darae was born in Almaty, Kazakhstan under rare circumstances. Rather than a relationship between a young couple, Darae was a baby born to 46-year-old Ten Aisulu and 53-year-old Oum Myung Jin, who hadn't been expecting a child whatsoever. To add, Eom Myung Jin was the president of the large company and Aisulu was reaching her 50s, making Darae's childhood free of mistakes yet exhausting and overbearing.

As a child, Darae was held to a standard to be better or just as brilliant than her siblings. Her siblings had all attended top schools in the past and were looking to attend top universities. Darae looked up to them, aspiring to be as bright and intellectual as they were. Meanwhile, Darae had never seen herself as comparable to her siblings, as they seemed more like gods than people. As a result, Darae had set high standards for herself and scrambled to find skills and attributes as unique as a rose in a sea of weeds.
Unfortunately, Darae wasn't as "genius" as her siblings, leaving her to feel insecure about what she could and couldn't do. Her mother and father had seen this as a motivator for Darae, praising her for trying to be better and improve herself. Ironically, this gave the opposite effect than what was intended.
Around the age of 9, Darae had exhibited strange behaviors. The girl's eating habits had changed from being often hungry and careless with what she ate to eating not too often and being preoccupied with what she ate. At the time, Darae had also been moved to an advanced ballet class, a class she had been taking since she was a child to better improve her posture and fitness. Her mother thought this was an effect of her ballet class and saw it as an advantage. With the dismissal of the behavior, Darae's mom saw her change from a duckling to a swan as soon as she became an adolescent. The girl had received compliments from her numerous teachers for her grace in dance and her soothing voice that aided her to attend top schools and top programs. To add, the girl had become slender and pretty, making her a favorite amongst boys and a topic amongst girls. She soon moved to South Korea with her father to attend a special fine arts program and to be paraded as another one of Myung Jin's perfect children.
Everyone adored her, right? Yes, everyone except herself.
Like marionette to a puppeteer, Darae had developed an eating disorder that took control of most decisions in her life. As a result, her skin had become translucent with a deathly pallor. Her body had become sylph-like to becoming spindly with little to muscle or fat. Her parents became wary of the girl's appearance which lead to Darae's diagnosis of anorexia. Her parents were shocked with the diagnosis, leading to Darae's removal from her fine arts academy and to a high school full of private tutors and under the radar of her parents in Kazakhstan.
When Darae graduated from high school, she left her parent's home to South Korea with her older brother, who coerced her to join Seoul University. As the younger sister of an accomplished graduate from SNU, she gained the favor of teachers and some upperclassmen. As of now, she's notorious for her vocal ability and ballet recitals and has been rumored to be dropping out to pursue a career in ballet.

other ;
tba

[/div][/div]
[class=container] height:530px; width:377px; margin:auto; background-color:ivory; [/class] [class=contentcontainer] height:150px; width:350px; margin:-4px; position:relative; top:-17px; overflow:hidden; padding:-22px; border-bottom:4px solid #A98892; border-right:8px solid #A98892; border-left:transparent; [/class] [class=tabcontent1] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:70px; margin-left:-8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent1] font-size:15px; color:#BBB2C3; text-align:right; [/class] [class=tabcontent2] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:70px; margin-left:-8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent2] font-size:15px; color:#BBB2C3; text-align:center; [/class] [class=tabcontent3] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:70px; margin-left:-8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent3] font-size:15px; color:#BBB2C3; text-align:right; [/class] [class=tabcontainer] height:120px; width:490px; position: relative; left:0px; top:-17px; [/class] [class=tab1] height:100px; width:120px; background:url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/6b6c22355da64db125f07417602fbdf1/tumblr_inline_oqolgwpvv81sa8vjo_100.gif'); background-size:100%; position-relative; margin-right:5px; background-position: 0% 90%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=tabtitlec1] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec1 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle1] height:34px; width:34px; background-color:#BBB2C3; position-relative; left:25px; padding:16px; font-size:18px; color:#22202a; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:24px; left:30px; border-radius:70px; [/class] [class=tab2] height:100px; width:120px; background:url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/720c4ee67697c442c15407ee0e76fce9/tumblr_olmre5grvE1vciijao1_500.jpg'); background-size:100%; position-relative; margin-right:5px; background-position: 0% 40%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=tabtitlec2] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec2 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle2] height:34px; width:34px; background-color:#A98892; position-relative; left:25px; padding:16px; font-size:18px; color:#22202a; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:24px; left:30px; border-radius:70px; [/class] [class=tab3] height:100px; width:120px; background:url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/84e8c172af57f7f454f700b6daa8f063/tumblr_inline_oqolkkPpDB1sa8vjo_100.gif'); background-size:100%; position-relative; margin-right:-5px; background-position: 10% 20%; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=tabtitlec3] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec3 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle3] height:34px; width:34px; background-color:#454054; position-relative; left:25px; padding:16px; font-size:18px; color:#22202a; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:24px; left:20px; border-radius:70px; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] hide tabcontent2 hide tabcontent3 show tabcontent1 [/script] [script class=tab2 on=click] hide tabcontent1 hide tabcontent3 show tabcontent2 [/script] [script class=tab3 on=click] hide tabcontent1 hide tabcontent2 show tabcontent3 [/script]

[/div][/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
sung jaehan

2168FF45574DAE091501F1

click to listen
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5141384530473544516f645a76513d3d2d3530323636393036312e313466636231313939663537323461613136313536303837393734302e676966
tumblr_o1b86tRF0L1qc98kdo3_400.gif
tumblr_o2stwynxMh1v8xyico1_400.gif
"I can't help that I'm better than you."

— requisite.
name
sung jaehan​
d.o.b.
june 6​
role
sandwich eater​
ethnicity
korean​
. . .

— looks.
faceclaim
jeonghan​
height
178 cm​
weight
63kg​
hair colour
currently ash brown but subject to change due to impulsive hair dying​
eye colour
dark brown​
body type
lean and slender​
. . .

— persona.

personality​

His 'I'm clearly better than you' attitude doesn't cease to make his peers wish to strike his pretty little face, and the fact that they can't only pushes others to frustrations. The quote, "Fight me you long haired bitch" was one frequent in his middle school days where his crass speech and snide remarks pushed the buttons of many. Now at 19, Jaehan has learned to soften at the edges, reserving his sass only to those who dare to take the challenge.

Despite his persona, Jaehan prefers to keep to himself, having few friends but many enemies acquaintances. Due to his appearance and persona, the brunet is the kind of person people know about but not really know, and he prefers to keep things this way. He believes he could only spare so many brain cells for people's stupidity and those he does tolerate / enjoy the company of are greatly treasured. Kumi is a prime example.

TLDR ver;; he's the korean version of mean girls.

. . .

likes​
fashion, finger sandwiches & teatime, good comebacks, math solutions, drama, but he won't admit it
dislikes​
being misgendered ("I have a fucking dick and if you call me she one more time you just might see it up close and personal.") || rain, humidity; it makes his hair frizz || running out of hair products || red herrings; if you're going to fight him, do it properly.

fears​
becoming someone trapped in a toxic relationship / the fools he constantly scorns

. . .

— misc.
biography​

Popular rich boy because his mother's a model and his father is a wealthy businessman; this is how he gets away with being an ass. He's jaded to romance due to his parents shitty marriage. They aren't divorced but they might as well be.

Regarding relationships, he's attempted to be in a few which never last longer than a month. Most of them end up with him breaking up a week later or his partner giving up on him. His longest relationship was two weeks and a half. He thinks romance is overrated. Voted most likely to get into a love-hate ship.

relationships​
best hoes with Kumi || any other RS with other OCs tba.
others​
glad he's not a plant bc he loves food too much to photosynthesize
he claims to be bisexual but is 87% homosexual
always has tragic unrequited crushes so he's given up
wants to be a game show host and would prob make a good drama student if not for his father's business

. . .

— writing sample.
"I spilled lipstick in your Valentino white bag."

There was a splutter on the other side of the phone wedged between Jaehan's shoulder and his ear. He could hear Kumi on the other line ready to give him an earful. Her voice pitches in a funny way when she's angry, but not in an 'we need an intervention for your shitty behavior' kind of angry. This was more exasperated. He knows she could make him buy her a new one if she wanted to.

"You did what?!"

"Spilled lipstick in your Valentino white bag," he repeated, voice dead as if he was repeating answers from his textbook. His shoulder slacked, letting the phone drop beside him as his hands moved rhythmically between his nails and a bottle of clear nail polish. Even with the small distance, Jaehan could hear Kumi's ranting loud and clear. Not that he was really listening.

He was busy painting his nails and that took priority over the scolding he very much deserved.

The lipstick spillage was an accident. He really ought to close the lids to his lipsticks properly.

Taking care not to disrupt the drying polish on his fingers, Jaehan gingerly picked up the phone, delivering his apology in a careless sigh.

"Look, I'm sorry. It was an accident and I'm sure it's not that bad," Jaehan explained, sounding half-hearted but meaning full well. He rarely apologizes but when he does, he means every word. He trusts Kumi knows him well enough to understand. He wouldn't have confessed his crime if he didn't.

There was a snort on the other line and Jaehan can almost see her rolling her eyes at him. On the other line she opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor, inspecting the damage caused.

Sure enough, there were red smears at the bottom, stretching its way to the side of the bag.

"You owe me for this, Jaehan," Kumi finished, her words a comforting tone of bitterness.

"Don't worry. I've already booked you a spot at your favorite restaurant. 6 PM tomorrow, balcony view," he answered, blowing lightly on his nails. There was a small silence on the other side of the line.

He knew they were both smiling. That restaurant cost a bomb and it was constantly packed, but it also gave their patrons a full view of the town. Kumi loved it, and if she loved it, so did he.

Last edited:

• [class=x]
    Height: 100px;
    Width: 100px;
    transition-duration: 0.9s;
    z-index:-1;
    color:transparent;[/class][class name=x state=hover]
    background-color: #9365B8;
    opacity:0.8;
    color:white;
    width:107px;
    height:107px;
    border-radius:90%;
    [/class][div class=x]
    FC: Park Soo-young

SO MI-SUN

Dating: ~ darae.to.be
    Friends with: ~ so.han.some ~ .kumi. ~ min_seonlight ~ Iseul ~ _soyjihun ~yokoyama_yah

REFRESH .
    GUIDE .
    CONTACT .
    FAQ .
    sew.misun

El arte es mi vida.

[class=y]
    Height: 180px;
    Width: 180px;
    width:187px;
    height:187px;
    [/class][div class=y]
    Mi-Sun was born a baby girl in Korea on the date March 19, 1997. She is 22 (K age), and the role she plays is the Pushover.
    [class=y]
    [/class][div class=y]
    Mi-Sun is 5'3" (160.5 cm) tall and 120 lbs (54.4 kg). Her long hair is a dark brown leaning toward black, and it matches her eyes. She's a little thinner than the average.

[class=y]
    [/class][div class=y]
    Likes: meeting people, clothes, music, young animals, long walks/jogs, storks, succulents
    [class=y]
    [/class][div class=y]
    Dislikes: rude people, yellow, talking about her past, tanil minjok , public/excessive aegyo
    [/div]

~ Bio
    Ever since I was little, I cut clothes apart and sewed them back together. Even when I was about 6-years-old, I wanted to be a fashion designed. When I entered high school, though, I knew that if I wasn't super successful I wouldn't have enough income to support myself. Because of that, I took a year off before entering college and spent time tending to my young, photosynthesizing succulent children.

When I was born, my grandmother lived with my parents and I, but she was sick. My parents never told me exactly what with, but they did tell me that she died of it when I was only 4. My halmeoni came from a long line of the wealthy, and she had hoarded the family money for years, but when she died it was given to my dad and my uncle as her direct descendants. My dad's share of the money passed to me 5 years later, when he and my mother died in a plane crash. I specifically remember sitting in my uncle's family room as my parents were heading back from a short work trip. My uncle was watching the news, and when he abruptly shut the TV off I knew something was wrong. I looked up from my latest creation--a rather ugly patchwork skirt--and felt my heart sink into my stomach at the look on his face. He didn't even sugarcoat it: "Your parents are dead." That's all he said.

I never had closure. I didn't get to say goodbye or attend my parents' funeral because... well, they'd been incinerated upon impact. According to the newscasters, the plane completely exploded. That should give me peace of mind, since they didn't have to suffer, but their deaths still haunt me. In fact, it was so bad during my teen years that I'd wake up sobbing in the middle of the night, with the only word on my mind being my mother's name. I constantly felt like I'd been abandoned, because no one I knew had dead parents and was living with their uncle and his family. It just wasn't something that normally happened! I felt so out of place, and the constant ache of abandonment didn't make it any better. My life was out of my control, just like my parents'. After all, they were dead.

I started going on runs to clear my mind. It was only every other day at first, and it really helped to lift my mood. Then when I looked in the mirror, I noticed that my body was changing. It wasn't soft anymore: now it was sculpted and lean. Maybe I could control something--and so I took the wheel. I started running after every meal, because the perfectionism I'd discovered within myself over the past few years demanded that I stay trim. That part of my brain just ate at the edge of my consciousness 24/7, telling me that I'd feel better if I could control this one thing. And I'll admit, it did make me feel better mentally, but I could tell that my family was starting to get concerned. When I looked in the mirror, I couldn't recognize myself, but I couldn't stop. The stress of college looming in the future just pressed on me, along with all my other worries. And as always, one of my phobias made my life even harder: my constant worry of ending up with cancer had me choosing to eat even less. I didn't think I could take the risk.

At that time, I didn't think that what I was doing could be considered an eating disorder. I mean, I didn't starve myself or force myself to throw up! Exercise was supposed to be healthy! But my cousin, Haneul, convinced me to try out a support group. He thought that there might be people who understood at least some of what I was going through. When I initially went, I was skeptical, but by the end of the first meeting? I knew there was something there for me.

Within a year, I overcame my eating disorder, and there was nothing like the feeling of being physically healthy and mentally sound again. It had been a full decade since I'd felt that, and I didn't want to give it up, so I volunteered to be a sponsor for the same group I'd just come out of. That's when I met Tszyu Darae. She was as thin as I'd once been, and I swear that when we first met eyes, there was something so lost in hers for just a flicker of a moment that I saw my past self there. Due to that, I was interested in her. There was some attraction pulling me to her, but I wasn't sure what it was. Then, when I headed directly to my phobia support group, she was there too. It seemed like fate--some interference from God. I felt like he was telling me that she was my destiny. That next week, I chose to be Darae's mentor.

Over time, I grew to like her more than in a friend way. After some time of just ignoring my feelings, Darae showed some interest back. I felt like God had smiled down on me again, his loyal angel who'd followed him through the darkest dark I'd ever heard of. We've been dating just over 2 years, and our relationship isn't quite so nice as it used to be. I don't feel like I'm in love anymore... Darae's never happy with what I do, and yet she won't let me leave. Then again, I could just be overreacting. When we met, it was a sign. I swear I felt it! We're meant to be. Besides, there're always bumps in the road like this. And even when Darae doesn't treat me so nicely, she always proves she loves me. It's okay to slip up sometimes, and a relationship like ours shouldn't be so easily broken by little mistakes... Right?

Mi-Sun doesn't want to leave Darae because of the abandonment she's felt since losing her parents--Misun would never want to make anyone else feel that pain--and Misun almost feels like she's been a good influence on Darae in some senses. If Darae took out her frustration on Misun, then Darae didn't have to embarrass herself letting it out in public. After all, Misun thinks she can deal with the abuse--but she doesn't want to call it that. Misun avoids that word because it seems dirty to her, but in her heart she knows that's what it is.

~ All About Me
    I'd like to think I'm pretty happy. I try my best to be super friendly, since I love making peoples' day. It's disappointing to admit, but I'm a little judgy when I meet someone who doesn't make a good first impression. Usually, if they're mean I'll just stay away. I don't like being around negative people because it's draining for me, and I just like being positive.

Fashion is my passion (rhyming too, apparently, lol), and I craft on the side. The last tidbit about me is that I happen to have phobias. I'll list them so if you meet me, you'll know how to avoid triggering me:
    ~ Astraphobia - lightning/thunder
    ~ Claustrophobia - small spaces
    ~ Carcinophobia - developing cancer
    ~ Monophobia - being alone
    ~ Autophobia - abandonment
    ~ Hemophobia - blood
    ~ Metathesiophobia - change
    ~ Gigantasophobia - tall people

PM me if you want to be friends or buy my fashion and support my art!~

Misun is a sophomore. She's a good student but not quite top of her class. Misun balances her major--international relations--with three high-level language & history combination courses: Chinese, English, and Spanish. Misun likes learning other languages and it's a minor hobby for her, so the world's top 3 spoken tongues are interesting to her. She also dabbles a little in her college's aesthetics and art history departments.

Shop Mi-Sun
    Prices here

[/div][/div]
    [/div]
    [/div]

All credit for the good codes in this cs post go to SociallyAwkward.

Last edited:

yu sejun

@iamsejun

tumblr_otxdu74bIo1w7xclco5_1280.jpg

basic

name⸺yu sejun

date of birth⸺january 28th, 1997

star sign⸺aquarius

gender⸺cis male

ethnicity⸺korean

major⸺nursing

role⸺the royal

looks

faceclaim⸺yoo kihyun

height⸺5'10

weight⸺140 lbs

hair color⸺dyed pink, naturally black

eye color⸺black

body type⸺mesomorph; toned thanks to his semi-regular exercise regime. he doesn't care for having muscles as long as his belly doesn't get too big.

persona

personality type⸺estj

personality⸺conceit - sejun is well aware of how great he is, there's really no need to remind him. no, seriously, don't. he doesn't need his ego to be bolstered any more. exceptional grades got him into the country's best university, good looks got him thousands of instagram followers, lots of money got him pretty much anything else he wanted. each comment that praised how beautiful his hair is, how clear his skin is, how neat his handwriting is, chipped off a piece of his humility until nothing else was left besides an inflated ego and the deadly sin of pride.
apathy
with a growing concern for only himself and his follower count, his self-absorbed personality starts to become a bigger monster. he sees a decreasing need to keep friends around unless they contribute to his success or make him look good. he doesn't see a need to form actual bonds based on genuine compassion and mutual respect, only a bond like his with the obsessed, a relationship that will bring him even more fame and envy from others that he craves. he shamelessly takes advantage of others' kind gestures without reciprocating, he goes out of his way to ensure that he is his own top priority. he has only himself in mind.

strong will - sejun is usually right, and it's with a history of speaking up when something's wrong or when a mistake is made that his will has been groomed to become so unwavering and steadfast. this doesn't mean that he's hot-headed or impulsive, but it does mean that he's not afraid to speak, and is certainly more sure of himself than most of the people that surround him. it's this same trait that gives him an air of a leader, that give him his followers and that attracts people to him; when you're lost and anxious, your instinct is to follow someone else until you've set yourself right again.
arrogance
a negative aspect that comes with sejun's strong will is his swift and often unfair tendency to judge. he has his own beliefs and convictions, and sticks by them firmly, so when he meets anyone that doesn't conform to this standard, he immediately looks down upon them. you are only on the same level as sejun (a rarity), or below him (most likely). because of his diligent nature, he lives life quickly, and therefore doesn't have time to dawdle and ponder about people, to fully analyze them and take in who they are as a person. with the amount of people that walk in and out of his life; several not-so-secret secret admirers who ask to see his homework in attempts to flirt, fans who want a picture with him; it becomes tiresome to have to keep track of everyone.

charisma - the secondary facet to sejun's fame is his charisma: a forced and often deceptive air of relatability and charm. being an extrovert, he finds it ridiculously easy to navigate social situations, and uses this to strengthen relations and bolster his reputation. it's difficult to have small talk with an attractive guy at a party and not immediately fall for him; search him up and follow him on instagram, help him out whenever he asks, bring him up as a topic of conversation among your friends because all of you have met him. his perfect, charismatic persona is important for him to upkeep for his fans.
cunning
through these connections that he builds with artificial charisma, he exercises manipulation and exploits peoples' shared weaknesses: their compassion and love. he knows that the people who love him are prepared to give what he asks for, and won't raise any questions about it if it is within the realm of belief, therefore when he feels it's necessary, he manipulates his friends into doing what will benefit himself, disregarding the interests or needs of anyone else. it could be something as simple as changing the destination of a group meet-up with friends from a coffee shop to a park for better pictures, or with an exceptional amount of control, as he has over the obsessed, he could use them to drive off anyone who he doesn't want in his life anymore.

order - we struggle to keep ourselves on track: getting out of bed when our alarm clock rings, doing your homework when you're supposed to, failing to procrastinate things that need to be done; but sejun doesn't have a problem with this. through meticulous planning and organization, sejun excels. ever since he was a child he's been conditioned to make and adhere to routines, and his daily life revolves around this aspect about him; plans must be made ahead of time for him to commit, as if he acts spontaneously, he's sure that something terrible will happen and his carefully planned schedule will be ruined.
perfectionism
even though sejun thinks he's superior a lot of the time, he holds himself to a high standard and can be his own worst enemy. when he strays from his routines and guidelines, he starts to become stressed, a feeling that he hasn't been through too often. he's at his weakest when things don't go his way, and he doesn't like being weak, so it leads to an endless cycle of frustration that makes his bouts of despair much worse than a normal person's. he'll lash out, not physically, but emotionally. he'll act even colder to his friends and shut them out, severing the already weakening bonds he had with them. whenever he doesn't meet what his criteria of perfection is, it doesn't go well for him or the obsessed.

likes⸺cherries, photography, stationery, cosmopolitans, horoscopes, shopping, lemonade, bullet journaling, the color white, italian food

dislikes⸺zucchini, cats, liberal arts majors, vodka, ineptitude, hip-hop, waiting, blood and gore, pools, cold weather

fears⸺heights and failure

story

biography⸺ever since sejun was young, his raw intellect and grit was apparent; potential was practically dripping off of him. his parents and relatives and relatives of relatives would never stop fawning over him, commenting on how he's everything they hoped he would be and the family's crowning achievement. it's rare for the expectations of such an affluent family to be exceeded, but sejun was living proof. math, korean, english, science, history: all were no problem for him, no trouble at all. he devoted his life to succeeding in school as it was seemingly the only avenue for him to excel in, and the one most realizable. his other friends had dreams of becoming the nation's best cellist, or becoming an idol; throughout primary school, this troubled him. he didn't have any kind of talent, or any kind of goal that he was actively working toward, he just studied and did his work to get straight a's. soon, with affirmation from his parents, he found that such things were flimsy, wastes of time, and unrealistic. all of their grades weren't as good as his, they clearly weren't as smart as him, thus whatever they were doing with their lives didn't matter.

entering secondary school, the work expected of him became more difficult and more abundant. his parents ordered him to take any extraneous classes or coursework available to him to make his transcript look better and increase his likelihood of getting accepted into the best college in the country. his grades suffered for a while, dropping to low a's, too low. he knew he was capable of taking on this new challenge though, he would never accept that he was failing; he knew he was better than that. he is better than that. this led to the development of his penchant for creating routines and schedules; adhering to these would allow him to smartly subdivide his time, and was overall a useful addition to his life.

as he began to mature and come into himself as a person, he was no longer the nerdy kid who sat at the front of the class and quietly went about his school life. he learned to style his hair, adopted a skin care routine, drew inspiration from models and idols to shop for outfits that were trendy; it was not only his grades that were envied, sejun himself became someone to envy. and what a wonderful transformation that was. he attracted new people, new friends, an influx of followers on instagram; he was the object of everyone's affection. sejun became a pseudo-icon, popularity reaching past his school and throughout daegu.

his beauty, his intelligence, his grades, his diligence; years of being celebrated for all of these qualities, never faltering in the public eye for a second, resulted in the sejun of today: the sejun who would do anything to keep his reputation clean and his image pristine. his social life and follower count became such a big part of his life, it became something to constantly obsess over. it ruined him, ruined the little sejun who was a nerd, content with coasting through school without anyone noticing him. he graduated as the valedictorian, a position that was pretty much unchallenged for the entire span of his time at the school. moving away from his family and allowing him to be on his lonesome allowed these convictions to grow stronger; his parents weren't constantly monitoring him and keeping him from growing too detached, but his parents aren't here anymore, and his instagram has never been so prosperous.

relationships⸺yokoyama nobuo - boyfriend

bae iseul - boyfriend

min haseon - best friend

choi jihun - acquaintance

jeong taesoo - acquaintance

trivia⸺ - can't do anything artistic or musical. don't talk to him about it
- over 15k followers, his followers gained per day has been decreasing and he's trying to find a way to solve the issue
- really extra skin care routine
- but if anyone asks him about it he just says "drink water"
- avid fan of photosynthesis
- blocks like 10 people a day
- picks up books, opens them to a random page, takes an aesthetic picture, puts it back in the bookcase
- lies to his boyfriend too much
- wilds out over new expensive pens
- aesthetic notes and handwriting ugh we stan

writing sample

This was embarrassing. So embarrassing. He didn't understand how adults found buying condoms so easy. He knew that, realistically, most cashiers really don't care, but he was in his head a lot. He looked around, analyzing the other items he could get from the gas station to make the purchase seem less... uncomfortable. A simple chocolate bar and a gatorade might be sufficient.

He marched up to the checkout area confidently, no other customer in sight and he set the items onto the counter, immediately diverting his sight to outside of the glass doors, observing the night sky. He heard a small chuckle and inwardly groaned, this cashier is going to give him a hard time.

"You plannin' to have a good time tonight, Jake?" His eyes widened, and he looked up at the man who was checking out his condoms.

"Lorenzo... Hey..." He gave a friendly smile, feigning amicability through a forced grin. Lorenzo was one of the biggest vexations that plagued his life, and all because the bully called him a dork in fifth grade and his response was to push him off a swing. In retrospect, it wasn't the best way to solve his issue with him, but his little ten-year-old couldn't come up with any other resolution or outlet for his frustration. "Just buying for a friend." The other man snickered.

"Sex isn't something to be afraid of my boy," He almost threw up.

'My boy?' He's not his boy. He never was his boy.

"Just ring me up Lorenzo, I'm tired," He stopped the facade and slumped against the counter as the other bagged the items.

"9.43 please," He took the ten dollar bill and promptly gave him back his change. "Have a good night, Jake." Lorenzo winked at him as he gave him his bag, and he shuddered. He quickly left the store and walked back to his car. He sighed once he got in, realizing that he could've given him an even harder time about the situation, considering it was Lorenzo. He looked over at the bag haphazardly thrown onto the passenger seat and he spotted some writing on the receipt. He took it out of the bag.

'887-244-1019 we should talk some time'

the royal

tumblr_oljd08CS4B1v477a2o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_oljd08CS4B1v477a2o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_oljd08CS4B1v477a2o4_1280.jpg

Last edited:
[div class=container]

[div class=x]

김수진 KIM SUJIN

[div class=splitcontainer]

[div class=y]

COPYCAT

[div class=w]

9TH JULY 1998

[/div]

[div class=q]

FEMALE

[/div]

[div class=r]

SOUTH KOREAN

[/div]
copycat trying to cop my manner, watch your back when you can't watch mine
- billy eilish

[/div]

ABOUT HER

appearance

✧ short brown hair
✧ 1.56m, 49.2kg
✧ petite

persona

✧ studies cello performance

✧ insecure and shy

✧ social anxiety

✧ photosynthesis

✧ suffers from occasional sleep paralysis

✧ so apologetic it's kind of annoying

✧ has been in love with her current lover for the longest time and is willing to do anything for them even if it means changing her true self just to make them happy

✧ the front she puts up is just a copy-and-paste of the rebounder’s ex, has given up significant personality traits to make sure she’s able to stay by her lover’s side and make them happy

✧ has an unhealthy level of low self-esteem due to past trauma

✧ knows her lover is still very much hung up over their ex; forgives them every time they drink too much soju and choke out a sob that sounds too much like their ex's name despite her own heart shattering into a million pieces

✧ plays the piano and cello and is often seen around the campus lugging her cello around

✧ has an unhealthy reliance on her cello

✧ craves affection

✧ likes: classical music, sunflowers, the colour yellow, clear skies, baked goods, korean food, origami

✧ dislikes: her lover’s ex lol, hazelnut tea, college parties, roses, cigarettes

✧ fears: lightning, the dark, failure, heights

✧ her biggest fear is that her current lover will see past her shaky facade and realise that she isn't the one they want after all

history

on a windy night in december ‘02, along a narrow stretch of road on the outskirts of seoul, a food catering truck had swerved out of its lane and ploughed into a small sedan, tearing screams throughout the night and unknowingly collapsing a young girl's life in on itself.

10 miles away, a young girl hugged her babysitter good night, her lips pushed into the biggest smile, her simple mind unwary of the endless amount of tears she’d cry tomorrow.

that day, kim sujin lost her parents, her uncle and her cousin. little did she know, she‘d lose herself too.

only her aunt survived the car crash, albeit barely, but custody of sujin inevitably went to her. the arrangement was convenient but even at that age, sujin knew it held no stability whatsoever; after all, her aunt had lost her family too.

two people, both broken by the loss of their loved ones, clinging to one another in the seas of despair were doomed to drown.

a month after the accident, her aunt enrolled sujin in cello lessons. sujin had found it odd that her aunt would do that out of the blue but decided against asking about it, all she knew was that her cousin had been amazing at the cello when she was alive. then her aunt emptied her closet and replaced all her clothes with her cousin's old ones. sujin had wept, begging her aunt not to make her wear her dead cousin's oversized clothes but her aunt insisted on it, threatening to throw sujin out of the house if she continued to disobey her. sujin could only swallow down her discomfort and follow her aunt's orders.

it wasn't long before sujin realised her aunt was only using her to fill the gaping hole her daughter had left behind. whenever sujin wore one of her cousin's sundresses, her aunt would beam, eyes sparkling with nostalgia and love; whenever she played the cello, fingers gliding over the strings, her aunt would compliment her, words of praise slipping off her tongue easily.

if the only way she would ever get her aunt to care for her was to completely lose herself and step into somebody else's skin, she had to do it. after all, this kind of love was easy.

tl;dr: sujin's aunt treated sujin as the placeholder for her dead daughter and sujin learnt the hard way that the only way to receive love from somebody is to be the one they choose to give their love to.

relationships

✧ tbc

WRITING SAMPLE

a long time ago, i pushed a bratty little kid off the swings. until now, they haven’t forgiven me, and it’s kind of becoming a big problem.

it wasn’t my fault, per se, that that snot-faced little shit got shoved off the swings into the sandpit all those years ago, he pretty much deserved it. he was, put very simply, the devil incarnate and i was, put even simpler, the unwilling hero that got dragged into a situation that i could’ve very easily avoided if my mom had just let me stay home si--

anyways. what i’m saying is that it’d been completely situational, totally out of my hands. i saw a pudgy little boy holding a nerf gun to a little girl's head, barking at her to push him on the swings and i, as the benevolent hero i was, stepped in to help her. of course i was going to push that demonic hellspawn off the swings.

when i scurried away, giggling breathlessly at his sprawled figure in the sandpit, never did my naive mind imagine that this would shape out to be one of the biggest regrets in my life.

in the ten years since i have met kim taekjoon, i have developed a rather intricate point system. it is one that allows me to see the true limit of either of our abilities and test the inconsequential hypothesis that i am indeed better than him. the rules are fairly simple: every year, on the 12th of march, we wage war; i get a point when i manage to embarrass the hell out of him, vice versa. spectators may call it a game but know this: i am above a stupid little game; this is a clash between two unforgiving forces, a fight between--

"lee mijin," a snarl, a little too familiar for my liking, snaps me out of my reverie.

i look up from my desk to scowl at the source of the voice. he’s tall, towering over me at a good 6’1, lips curled into the most menacing smirk he can muster and a little more good-looking than i remember. you guessed it, it’s the hellspawn.

currently, the score stands at mijin: 15 and hellspawn: 37. i know, it may seem like i'm losing but that's just part of my strategy, i'll make him think that he's got the upper hand and then boom! i'll get his sorry ass.

i draw my lips into a thin line. “what do you need, taekjoon?”

“today’s a special day for us, mijin-ah, do you know what day it is?” he says, his gaze unflinching.

of course i do. "it's, uh, the 12th of may, why do you ask?"

his smirk falters, "don't play dumb with me, mijin. you better watch out today, i'm going to land another pie in your face if i see you in the corridor."

"and you'll find another penis spray-painted onto the side of your shitty sedan if you don't shut up and get out," i tell him, eyes gleaming dangerously.

"you do know that at current, i'm winning, right?" he says, plastering a smug grin on his face. i feel my hands tingle with the urge to reach out wipe that sorry smirk off his face.

"not for long, asshole."

"we'll see. hasta la vista, loser," he grins and saunters out of the classroom. "remember, mijin: once you push a fat kid off the swings, he never forgets."

once he's out of sight, i turn back to the notebook on my desk. in its pages hold ideas, some i have tried and others still a work in progress, i've waited a year to use this. i grin, picking it up and flitting through the pages.

in that moment, i realise two things: 1) i should not have pushed kim taekjoon off those swings all those years ago, and 2) once you push a fat kid off the swings, he never forgets.

a dozen dick pics fall out from in between the pages and scatter all over the ground. all at once, all eyes in the classroom turn to me, some wide in surprise and others narrowed in disdain.

oh, fucking hell.

[/div][/div]

[class=container] width:500px; height:450px; margin:auto; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=splitcontainer] width:500px; height:232px; position:relative; top:-30px; [/class] [class=x] Height: 180px; Width: 500px; transition-duration: 0.9s; color:transparent; position:relative; top:-21px; left:-0.5px; [/class] [class name=x state=hover] background-color: #FFE9D4; opacity:0.9; color:gray; width:500px; height:180px; [/class] [class=y] Height: 222px; Width: 220px; transition-duration: 0.9s; position:relative; top:-20.8px; color:transparent;[/class] [class name=y state=hover] background-color: #FFE9D4; opacity:0.9; color:gray; width:222px; height:222px; [/class] [class=w] Height: 72px; Width: 268.2px; transition-duration: 0.9s; position:relative; top:-21.2px; color:transparent;[/class] [class name=w state=hover] background-color: #FFE9D4; opacity:0.9; color:gray; width:268.2px; height:70px; [/class] [class=q] Height: 72px; Width: 268.2px; transition-duration: 0.9s; position:relative; top:-21.2px; color:transparent;[/class] [class name=q state=hover] background-color: #FFE9D4; opacity:0.9; color:gray; width:268.2px; height:70px; [/class] [class=r] Height: 72px; Width: 268.2px; transition-duration: 0.9s; position:relative; top:-21.2px; color:transparent;[/class] [class name=r state=hover] background-color: #FFE9D4; opacity:0.9; color:gray; width:268.2px; height:70px; [/class] [/div]

Last edited:
WIP BABYYYY

• tenor.gif
    requisite.
    Jeong (L) Taesoo (F)
    Oct 31, 1997
    male
    privileged

looks.
    170 cm
    56.7 kg
    Short, wavy ash-brown hair
    Dark irises
    Ectomorph

Last edited:
FAT WIP OWO
role - the romantic
name - baek ahri
— requisite.
name_baek ahri
d.o.b._december twenty second
gender_female
role_the romantic
ethnicity_south korean
note: as the roleplay is taking place in south korea, realistic asian fc's are advised. that said, other ethnicities are allowed as well, just clarify w me

— looks.
faceclaim_@hyanggggg_
height_5’3”
weight_110lbs
hair colour_
eye colour_
body type_slim with slight curves

— persona.
personality_ahri is what most people call “the black sheep” of the family. being different from her family, she's witty and isn't afraid to speak her mind though it may hurt other's feelings. ahri is outgoing and sociable, however, it's not something she fancies. she enjoys spending some time to herself, but gets quite jealous when seeing others having some to lean on or to talk to in public while she's alone. her rebellious nature in her teen years has allowed her to develop jealousy towards those who are happy with their relationship with their friends or mutuals. her lack of parental love has made her clueless about other people's true intentions. she assumes everyone in the world is to bring her down and criticize her actions due to the rough relationship she has with her parents. ahri has developed a defense mechanism instead of accepting freelance comments. though her boyfriend, jin woo, is an exception. since she is head over heels in love with him, she never "notices" what her boyfriend is actually doing and assumes that all of his actions and intentions are pure and true. ahri may seem like she thinks with her head, but in reality, she thinks with her heart.
likes_vaping, cigs,
dislikes_
fears

— misc.
biography_ahri was born to a young and lovely couple. ahri had a wonderful childhood along with her older sister and younger brother with a few arguments sparring between them. they are siblings after all. ahri's parents grew up peacefully and have become very successful due to the many hours they have spent studying in high school and in university. they have carefully planned out their children's' futures and have practically brainwashed them to become the following: a doctor, ceo, or surgeon. It didn't bother ahri in particular since she didn't even understand that there were other occupations in the world than just becoming a doctor or a surgeon until she started to attend high school.
ahri's first year in high school was the most difficult since she has never learned to accept failure or even a grade b on a test or class average.
relationships
others

— writing sample.

or
write a story that begins with the line "she opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor"

Last edited:
o b s e s s e d​
original.gif
Y O K O Y A M A
N O B U O

male
june 19, 1995​
6'1"/187cm
171 lbs/78kg​
black hair
dark brown eyes​
lean build
adachi yuto​
likes​
matcha flavor, hot tea, traditional japanese music, taiko drumming
dislikes​
when his lover is near running microwaves, when his lover uses knives, laziness, messes
fears​
his lover getting hurt/lost/going missing, his lover cheating on him, his lover falling in love with someone else, his lover dumping him

misc​
has mastered the Koto, piano, and violin
fluent in Japanese, English, and Korean

relationships

writing sample​
She opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor. Everything clattered as the objects sprawled themselves across the tile floor, but Inhwa didn’t seem to care, even when it came to her precious makeup that the boy had bought for her for an unreasonably high price. Right now it lay cracked with the eyeshadow powder broken off and scattered, making a bit of a mess. She was too angry right now, the girl couldn’t give less of a damn about it.
“What are you doing!?” her boyfriend asked, his voice raised in anger.
“I don’t fucking have it! I told you already!”
Lately, Inhwa and Jiseong had been getting into arguments, and the frequency seemed to progress with time.

Jiseong pointed at the mess that was what was left of his gift to Inhwa. “Why would you do that?”
It was a small eyeshadow palette, compact enough to carry around with you while spending time out with friends and the like. Inhwa wasn’t the type of girl that wore makeup as a part of her everyday look. She had a natural beauty about her and she knew it, so it wasn’t actually something that she would ever decide on her own to use. This was something that had attracted Jiseong from the start, as well, but one day out of curiosity of what his girlfriend would look like with her face adorned in shimmery pigments, he decided to gift her something that she wouldn’t normally use. It was called the “Photosynthesis” palette. Surprisingly, she fell in love with it immediately after the first use. She didn’t use it often, but once in a while she would carry it around just in case she felt like adding a bit of sparkle to her look in the middle of the day. The reason it was in her bag on this day was because she had used it to add sparkle to her friends’ looks.

“Because!” she shouted back, “why are you acting like this!? I told you I didn’t have it, but for some reason you can’t seem to fucking trust me!” Jiseong opened his mouth to interrupt, but didn’t have anything to say.
“Do you really not trust me to be telling the truth? You really think I would lie to you about something as fucking stupid as that!?”

“Why are you yelling...”

“You were yelling too!”

“Well I’m not anymore, so can you calm down please?” Jisung hated being yelled at, especially by his girlfriend. Meanwhile, all Inhwa could think about was how upset she was. Lately the two of them were having arguments left and right, and it always seemed to be about something petty or trivial. Inside, she felt turmoil. She wasn’t happy in the relationship any longer, and often felt the desire to flee, but she loved her boyfriend dearly and didn’t want to hurt him when he was completely innocent. They just didn’t get along well enough anymore, but she still felt guilty for her feelings.

personality
To the public eye, Yokoyama Nobuo is confident, honest, hardworking, and above all else, intellectual. This combination of traits make him both intimidating and desirable to his peers and classmates, but those that don’t know him well enough could very easily misunderstand the kind of person he is.

Depending on which person you ask, some will say that he’s independent and others will say that he’s reserved. Really, Nobuo doesn’t like to waste his time on those he doesn’t care about and would never pretend to enjoy someone’s company. If it were up to Nobuo, he would either be with his partner, alone, or alone with his partner. He has never had many friends, so maybe he just isn’t used to that kind of thing, but Nobuo only sees the need for having one person in his life at a time. Someone who he can spend his days with and express his love to is all he does and will ever need socially.

When it comes to dealing with others, Nobuo is in no way an expert. Emotional intelligence might as well be a foreign language to him, one that he isn’t already fluent in at least. The man usually doesn’t realize that his words have the potential hurt the feelings of those around him, so he often comes off as cold as he’s prone to speaking insensitively. His objective is never to hurt, Nobuo simply isn’t in tune with others’ emotions and how they work. Even still, the man values honesty over favorability, unlike his partner, so he will not hesitate in the slightest to say what he wants in oder to preserve someone else’s feelings.

His other values all consist of tradition, stability, and order. Nobuo is a very by-the-book kind of person and holds tradition in the highest regard. It’s simply how he was raised. Nobuo dislikes change or instability as those kinds of situations either aggravate or frighten him. Despite his tendency to speak bluntly without regard for others’ feelings, Nobuo is actually very non-confrontational, as living harmoniously is important to him. He enforces order, but only when it affects him will the man take the time out of his day to reorganize any kind of ensuing chaos.

Nobuo, being very practical and analytical about his approach to almost anything, understandably can’t stand when someone is indecisive or unrealistic. As insensitive as he is, the man would eagerly shoot down any dreams or ideas of someone if they happen to be too idealistic or unreasonable. Laziness and dishonesty are also traits that would visibly perturb Nobuo, he finds these behaviors to be absolutely appalling. What people don’t know, is that Nobuo can be very judgmental. He may even avoid interaction with someone if they always come off as less-than-presentable.

When it comes to his partner, a lot of Nobuo’s behaviorisms and standards take a complete u-turn. If his partner acts in ways that go against his values, he’d most definitely turn a blind eye to it. His change in persona isn’t just out of infatuation, but most of it stems from the separation anxiety disorder that he’s developed from a young age.

You could say that he loves his partner to a fault. If anyone were to witness how Nobuo actually behaves with his lover behind all of the cute pictures, captions and lovey-dovey gestures that are publicized on a daily basis, they would no doubt call Nobuo crazy.

His disorder causes him to have an extreme fear of anything happening to his loved one that may cause them to be separated, wether it have to do with the person’s health or the relationship itself, so Nobuo tends to be extremely possessive. It’s even to the point where he doesn’t allow his partner to spend time with certain people. Many symptoms of his disorder cause Nobuo to behave in an obsessive way. Oftentimes he’ll refuse to go home or even to class. In the time when his partner is free but Nobuo himself has class, he’ll most likely be skipping, and then stubbornly refuse to go back in favor of spending time with his beloved. Nobuo usually avoids travel and despises breaks. He’ll always ty to see his partner as much as possible during these and even spends his vacation with them, if possible. Sometimes he even refuses to leave school as he hates to go home. Nobuo tends to act on ritualistic behavior, not to mention his compulsive checking. Whenever him and his partner are together at one of their dorms, he’s constantly checking if the doors are locked securely and all appliances are off and cool. When they aren’t together, Nobuo systematically checks his phone for any kind of updates on the whereabouts of his partner. Notifications every five minutes, Instagram and Snapchat story every hour, and Instagram page at least once a day.

Because of how overbearing Nobuo can be, his partner will sometimes feel inclined to lie about where they are or who they’re with. It causes Nobuo a great deal of not only emotional, but physical stress as well when this happens, or even when they might just be taking a bit too long to respond. Nobuo will become extremely restless and uneasy. The man’s emotions don’t usually show all that well, but anyone would be able to tell when Nobuo’s partner is causing him worry. He fidgets and becomes quick to snap at someone, which is very unlike the usual cool and collected Japanese scholar. In times like these, he even suffers from migraines and nausea so severe that he may be unable to eat or sleep. Nobuo’s world without his partner is uninteresting and, quite frankly, meaningless. Without them, his environment lacks any sort of color or depth.​

biography
Despite being fully Japanese and raised under heavy Japanese cultural influence, Yokoyama Nobuo was born in South Korea and has lived there his entire life.
His parents co-founded a business, one that handled the production, shipment, and marketing of Japanese products in South Korea on a massive scale. As a part of their plan to ensure the continuing success of their company, they decided that they needed a heir to take over and keep it running. Of course, it couldn’t just be anyone; the company was built from the palms of Yokoyama Soh’s own two hands. It had to be none other than the man’s own son, no matter how many tries it would take for him to get one. Fortunately for them, their child turned out male on the first try, so the mother and father didn’t find reason to produce any more. Nobuo grew up an only child.

From then on, Yokoyama Yutako put away her briefcase and business suit. She would now take on the role as the stay at home mom.

Nobuo was raised very strictly. His parents had high expectations for him, and he was never given much freedom, if any at all. They felt that if he had too many privileges, he could easily stray down the wrong path. His mother monitored him constantly to the point of smothering overprotectiveness. She made sure he knew why he was given so little freedom too, embedding into his young, growing mind that freedom only allowed people to make terrible decisions and follow the wrong crowd.
His mother was demanding with just about everything he could offer, especially his time. She would always keep him busy with learning how to “become an exceptional member of society.” Things like Koto, piano, violin lessons, extracurricular activities, tutors, and then internships, kept Nobuo busy at all times.
Understandably, Nobuo didn’t have friends growing up. Not only did he not have any time for them, he just didn’t care, either. He was too focused on the life’s purpose that his parents had decided for him since before he had been conceived. He had acquaintances at school with whom he would hold casual conversation and eat lunch with on a regular basis, but he never considered any of his classmates to be more than just that: acquaintances. Having no siblings, the only person he ever bonded with was his own mother. Despite her extremely stringent way of raising him, Nobuo loved his mother dearly. His father, on the other hand, hardly took part in raising him. Nobuo only saw the man as a role model, a mold that he should fit into.

Nobuo began showing signs of separation anxiety at a young age due to his mother’s smothering. His pediatrician told his parents that they should get him diagnosed and then find a psychiatrist who could help him, but his parents refused to do any such thing. They refused to believe that there was anything wrong with Nobuo in the first place. Yutako was putting her all into raising her son to become the image of perfection, to be the most upstanding person he could possibly become. Him having a mental disorder would be nowhere near perfect. As expected, this only had a negative effect on Nobuo. As the years progressed, so did the severity of his separation anxiety.

Nobuo ultimately developed a personality disorder. His mother, Yutako, had been keeping her own disorder a secret for years. She would take medication for borderline personality disorder but always hid this from her husband no matter what. Their relationship had gone on for decades without him knowing a thing.

On an average day of his second year in high school, Nobuo returned home to witness his mother acting strangely; she wasn’t herself. She had always been a bit fickle with her moods but her mood swings were never extreme. However, as Nobuo watched, it was as if she was having an all out manic episode. The scene that he had come home to was a catastrophe. Things were strewn about the floor and objects had been thrown everywhere. The condition of his home on that day was a stark contrast from the usual tidiness and perfection of every other day. Nobuo found his mother in the kitchen, crying hysterically and leaning against an open knife drawer. The son noticed that she had a knife in her hand, but he still approached her and carefully brought his hand up to touch her. Startled, Yutako swung the knife, only realizing that she had swung at her own son once it was too late. He was bleeding now. She dropped the knife and collapsed to her knees, hysterically repeating things like “I’m sorry,” “forgive me,” “I love you” and “please don’t leave me,” through her sobs.
After the young Nobuo managed to calm his mother down, she grabbed some bandages and told him about what happened to cause her to act in such a horrific way.

Nobuo’s parents had gotten into a fight the month before. Soh found out about the woman’s medications, which she had been keeping a secret from him. In a fit of rage, the man flushed the entirety of her medicinal supply down the toilet. The two of them hadn’t spoken much since then, but when they did it oftentimes resulted in arguments. Soh called his wife from work that day, starting up another argument and eventually cutting off the phone call after some very hurtful words. Normally, this wouldn’t cause her to have such a terrible reaction, but since she hadn’t been able to take her medication for quite some time, this sent the mother into a bout of hysteria. Nobuo was shocked to find this out about his own mother, horrified after witnessing her behaving in such a way, but forgave her nonetheless.

That night, Nobuo’s father noticed the bandage on the boy’s cheek. It was in no way big, much more of a bad scratch than anything, but Nobuo wasn’t the clumsy or playful type. Any kind of lesion on the young man’s skin would be out of place, especially on his face. Upon request, Nobuo told his father what happened, and the man seemed visibly troubled. It wasn’t like the stress he would let show when something business related caused his brow to furrow. This look was different, unfamiliar to the teenage Nobuo.

Soh decided to relocate. The family was going to do it anyway, as it was crucial for the expansion of their business, but the move went much faster than originally planned. Despite both Yutako and Nobuo’s pleas, Soh left his wife behind. He didn’t allow her to come along with them in order to separate her from their son. Ever since her episode, Soh only saw Yutako as a danger to their boy and his mental health.
What the father didn’t realize was that tearing Nobuo away from his mother in such a way would only worsen the boy’s condition. After ignoring and even purposely flushing the information out of his mind, Soh had completely forgotten that his son had ever shown signs of having separation anxiety disorder. The boy was eighteen now, and just beginning his third year of highschool. Surely he could take care of himself, his father assumed, unaware that his decisions would only cause Nobuo’s disorder to become much more severe.

Nobuo had to learn to deal with life away from his mother, which took a great toll on him. He always felt nauseous and sick, was prone to mood swings, and began struggling with his classes.
He happened to meet a boy named Jaehan, who quickly became his only friend. The closer they got, the more possessive Nobuo would become, as he began using Jaehan’s company to cope with the separation from his mother.

Despite a rocky finish, Nobuo managed to meet the expectations of his father and get into a top university in Seoul.​

original.gif
code by pasta

Last edited:
kumichi_2.png

kisspng_seoul_skyline_photography_korean_5ac354891ac8e6_5040158315227506011097_2.png
— requisite.

ﬡᗩᗰᗴ - Mae Kumi
ᕍ.o.ᖲ. - 8th july 1996
Gᙓﬡᖙᗴᖇ - Female
ᖇoᒪᙓ - Sandwich eater
ᙓtᖺﬡiᑕitᎩ - Korean

kisspng_black_and_white_brand_cartoon_scissors_dotted_line_dividing_line_5a72e54613aaf7_883497.png
— looks.

Fᗩᙅᗴᙅᒪᗩiᗰ - Pony
Hᙓigᖺt - 171 cm
ᙡᗴigᖺt - 53 kg
Hᗩiᖇ ᑕoᒪoᘮᖇ - currently pastel pink but will be dyed back to brown
once competitive season for ice skating starts again
ᙓᎩᙓ ᑕoᒪoᘮᖇ - Hazel
BoᕍᎩ tᎩᖰᙓ - Athletic

kisspng_black_and_white_brand_cartoon_scissors_dotted_line_dividing_line_5a72e54613aaf7_883497.png
— persona.

ᕈᙓᖇᔕoﬡᗩᒪitᎩ -
The name 'snow queen' wasn't given to Kumi solely for the reason that she is in the Korean national team for ice skating and thus spends most of her days practicing in the ice rink instead of socialising. No, it was definitely not the only reason. Kumi is a hard to approach individual not only because of her icy and stoic demeanour, it is also because of her inside world. She is very goal oriented and hates people complaining about useless things. Kumi isn't in the slight hesitant to cut people off and out of her life as she isn't a two-faced individual and has no fear. She either likes you or she doesn't. Hence her problems with people in general lie in her inability to be dishonest about her feelings and emotions. Sarcasm and snide remarks or comments are her main weapons. People hitting on her have a hard time and because of this she has been called a 'bitch' numerous of times.

On the other hand she is very selfless and caring when it comes to friends and family or when she wants to be. Kumi will do anything to protect and help the people dear to her. A prime example of her love can be seen in her approach to Jaehan. The two are practically two sides of the same coin but Kumi has dragged his ass out of a lot of trouble even though she herself is just as big-mouthed as he is. She isn't always the voice of reason in their relationship but she likes to believe that she is. She won't hesitate to beat his ass (or anyone else's for that matter) if he needs to be snapped out of it.

She won't hide that fact that yes in fact she is a bitch through and through. Kumi would rather die than yield to someone.

ᒪiḰᙓᔕ - sports (especially ice skating), fashion, food, sandwiches and tea, seasonal sales
ᖙiᔕᒪiḰᙓᔕ - drama, people who don't know their place, stereotypical alpha males
ℱᙓᗩᖇᔕ - walking alone at night, injury that will make her unable to ice skate

— misc.

BiOgᖇᗩᖰᖺᎩ -
Kumi was born in a rather normal family. Except for the fact that her parents were an ice skating duo when they were younger and because of this her mom forced her to ice skate from a young age. Kumi didn't have a lot of opportunity to socialise with peers from her school because she had an exhausting training schedule. Sometimes she couldn't even go to class. This continued until her dad died. It was a long coming and expected loss as her dad had been fighting cancer for years. Her family and Kumi herself were well prepared for him to pass on. Still for Kumi's mother it was a hard blow and the woman couldn't bring herself to be Kumi's mentor anymore as it reminded her of her late husband too much.
Kumi didn't understand the feeling that her mother had. Just because her beloved had left this world didn't mean that she had to abandon her daily life and especially abandon her only daughter. She found it stupid and useless to worry about things that couldn't be changed. Sure she had loved her father but love and tears wouldn't safe him.

Kumi understood that her mother might have needed some time but after months and years passed and her mother still refused to go anywhere near ice skating, Kumi just got fed-up with the depressing atmosphere and left once she got into high school. She started living in the dorms and received a sports scholarship. She wanted to ice skate again and show her mother that ice skating was a way to honour her father instead of a reminder that he was no longer with them.

Kumi has won several golden medals for ice skating in Korea and a few medals in worldwide cups. Currently she is practicing ice skating on a national level but she really wants to make this international and go to the olympics. Hence she promised herself to never make the same mistake as her mother. She will not abandon her goals and hopes because of something stupid like love. If she ever does get a lover he or she would need to constantly catch up with her or they will be left behind by Kumi.

ᖇᙓᒪᗩtioﬡᔕᖺiᕈᔕ -
husbando for life Jaehan

Otᖺᙓᖇᔕ -
dreams of going to the olympics one day, is on a sports scholarship because of her ice skating, hates people hitting on her and doesn't want to get into any relationships as she sees love as problematic (has never been in love)

— writing sample.

"I spilled lipstick in your Valentino white bag."

She almost spilled her cup of coffee on herself as she came to an abrupt halt, thinking better of taking an actual sip of the coffee. She needed her mouth for better things it seemed. Kumi could already feel her voice pitching up in annoyance more than in anger. It was a funny thing because her voice usually was anything but high pitched. Her voice would only reach that annoying height when it came to things she loved. In this case: her limited edition Valentino valentine's edition in the color white. Of course she knew that Jaehan could (and would) buy her a new one, it didn't stop her from wanting to scold him.

"YOU DID WHAT?" Kumi screeched through the phone.

She took a few deep breathes as to not delve into the urge to find out where Jaehan was and murder him on the spot as he repeated his crime without a shred of guilt or remorse in his smooth voice. It was more of 'bitch you deaf?' kind of attitude. She didn't manage to stop herself from muttering a few bad words and ranting as she leaned forward to check the damage that had been done to the bag.

"Look, I'm sorry. It was an accident and I'm sure it's not that bad," Jaehan said.

She opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor as she snorted and rolled her eyes at his halfhearted apology. It was the most she would get out of him but at least it was something.

She inspected the damage and found that there were red smears at the bottom, stretching their way to the side of the bag. She sighed, out of all the colours it had to be red.

"You owe me for this, Jaehan." Kumi said bitterly as she packed up the bag again.

"Don't worry. I've already booked you a spot at your favorite restaurant. 6 PM tomorrow, balcony view."

If Jaehan thought that she was that easy ... then he was completely and utterly right (but only when it came to him). Kumi threw the bag over her shoulder with a smirk on her face as she continued her path through the streets of the busy Seoul.

photosynthesis

seoulrev_2.png

Last edited:

Bae Iseul//

[class=x]
Height: 130px;
Width: 130px;
transition-duration: 0.5s;
background-color:#dbdbdb;
color:gray;
width:116px;
height:130px;
[/class][div class=x]
male
[class=x]
[/class][div class=x]
august 19, 1996

[class=x]
[/class][div class=x]
side character
[class=x]
[/class][div class=x]
south korean

I will love you eternally//​

Faceclaim: Lu Han
Height: 178cm (5'10”)
Weight: 62 kg (136 lbs)
Hair colour: Dyed blonde, but born jet black.
Eye colour: Dark brown
Body type: Ectomorph
Appearance​

Personality:Iseul has always been known by his classmates as someone boring and antisocial. Many of them even believing he felt superior to them, but nothing farther from the truth. Iseul has an extreme inferiority complex, always doubting himself to the point he truly believes he is a bother to others.

For his family and close friends though, he is known as a bubbly and caring person who gives himself one hundred percent to those he loves and is especially passionate and talkative about what interest him. He is impatient and a busybody, can’t stay still for more than fifteen minutes or he gets anxious. He is also terribly clumsy and it’s not unusual to see him with cuts and bruises.

He tends to obsess over things, be it a language, archery or even a person and dedicates all his time and attention to them, not being able to concentrate on anything else. In the last case, it comes to the point of getting crazy over the person, sending them texts all the time and trying discreetly to have always their attention by either doting on them or pretending to be ill. He can even get to the point of becoming violent if someone tries to take them away from him.

-Archery: Is the only sport he practiced, he considers it elegant and beautiful, and focusing on it helps him relax a lot.
-Autumn: The colors and the beginning of the cold just mesmerize him.
-Singing: One of his biggest hobbies. He is actually quite good at it and many people had advised him to go professional, but he isn’t interested.
-Learning languages: Another one of his passing obsessions. Apart from Korean, Iseul speaks basic English, Japanese, and Spanish.
-Rain: Soothing sounds and melancholic scenery, rainy afternoons are one of Iseul’s favorite thing, as long as he doesn’t need to go out.

Dislikes:
-Coffee: He can’t stand bitter things.
-Bees: He had an encounter with a particularly aggressive one as a child.
-Plants: He finds them extremely boring
-Loud noises: They give him anxiety.
-Bright light: He has photophobia and the brighter it is the worse of a headache he will have.

Fears: He has an overwhelming fear of abandonment. Being alone in a crowded space, or the opposite, being alone in a desert place, also scare him to death.
Persona​

Biography:
Bae Iseul knew he could have had a much harder life. And in fact, if someone went to ask about his hardships, he’d just brush them off. But being honest, the life he had led hadn’t been an easy one either.

He was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome at the age of four. His parents, wishing he could live a normal life, decided not to tell him anything. And so, Iseul went on about his life ignorant about that fact. He preferred playing alone and avoided the company of other kids. If talked to, he replied with monosyllables, so soon they started ignoring him altogether.

The problems didn’t start arising until Iseul was ten years old. He began to have the need to socialize but had neither knowledge nor practice on how to do it. So he did all he knew what to do, sit alone in a corner and fantasize he was part of the games his classmates were playing. It was at that time that Iseul’s parents divorced because his father wanted to remarry, but he had no friends nor any close family, so he spent most time at home trying not to cry to not alarm his mother, who had enough on her plate at it was.

The real thunderstorm came when Iseul began going to high school. Kids didn’t care much about a boy who sat on the sidelines and watched them play all day, but for teenagers that was prime bullying material. It started with the clothes, Iseul had always worn what his mother brought him, which were mainly childish clothes, so his female classmates began openly laughing about it. After much begging his father to give him money, Iseul began buying the clothes that were trending.

But this didn’t stop the bullying. A group of girls and boys had chosen him as the main target and were not about to stop having fun at his expenses. The way he walked, the way he talked, the way he ate. All was fun to them. Iseul thought he was strong enough to withstand it, so he never told anyone and just tried to take it all as a joke. At home, he cried secretly in solitude.

As a mechanism of defense, he began focusing on a guy from his high school. Following him around discreetly, enjoying every moment he was happy, living life through him. But he wasn’t as discreet as he thought, and eventually, the girl who liked the same guy got the wing of it and pushed him down the stairs with the excuse that stalkers weren’t welcome in the school.

After several days in the hospital with a broken leg and confessing everything to his mother, Iseul’s mother, horrified to have been blind to all of her son’s suffering, finally explained his diagnosis to him. For Iseul those were the best news someone could have given him. He had spent his life thinking he was a weirdo, crazy even. But knowing there was a reason behind his behavior was a blessing.

There were not many more incidents after that. The girl that pushed him was ultimately expelled from school, and as the teachers tightened security around him, his bullies were discouraged to keep going after him. Life was not all sunshine at all after that, but Iseul managed to finish high school with grades good enough to join the Veterinarian department of the SNU, which had been his dream since he was a child.

Relationships:
-So Misun (best friend)
-So Haneul (crush and obsession)
-Mae Kumi (mom friend since high school)
-Sung Jaehan (friend since high school)
-Choi Jihun (best friend)

Others:
Photosynthesis
Miscellaneous​

She opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor, she was shameless and she knew it, but she really couldn’t believe what she was looking for wasn’t there.

“I am sorry, ma’am. But you are disrupting other customers and the line has to continue moving.” the assistant at the door told her. Jasmin just frowned, there were only two people behind her as she had made a point of arriving early to the concert. She turned towards them.

“Excuse me, could you wait just one sec?” she said, trying to put on her most amiable smile but there was still a line on her forehead that showed just how affronted by what was happening she was. The man behind her protested, but she paid no heed as she looked back to the assistant. “Look, my daughter is the main flute of the concert, I need to get in. I am begging you.”

“I’m sorry, we cannot let anyone without an entrance ticket in.” the woman smiled forcefully like she had heard that excuse a hundred time. Which wouldn’t be surprising, as the tickets were extremely expensive.

“Isn’t there a way to check who had bought them?” Jasmin said, panic in her voice. “I have my ID here…” she patted the pockets she didn’t have like an idiot, then looked at the floor and saw it right there. But when she went to collect it someone pushed her over, conveniently stepping into her hand mirror. The man was pale and overweight, dressed in a black tuxedo. A striking comparison with her black skin and slim figure donned in a silver night dress.

“Would you get out of the way already? You are not the only one in line!” The man said in a gruff voice.

“Excuse me!?” Haven’t you heard anything I was saying, you whale!” Jasmin had a temper she couldn’t quite control. “My daughter is the-”

Before she could finish her sentence two tall muscled guards appeared at the door. “Ma’am, we are going to have to ask you to retire quietly.”

“What!? What have I done!? I only want to see my daughter!”

“Ma’am, if you continue with that attitude were are going to have to drag you out.”

Jasmin sighed, she crouched down, took her things minus the broken mirror and left the theater. Maybe she’ll have time to go home and retrieve the ticket before her daughter’s solo finished.
Sample​

[/div]
[/div]
[/div]
[/div]
code by pasta pasta

Last edited:

c1f612afe34818babc85600535a090db.jpg

c93c7f13c5976d4070d6c44e7583244e.jpg

Dimitri Alexeiov WIP
4c3881445b78e8f0840dc32fdddb35b9.jpg

People wonder to what F I'm usually drinking to:
fuck, forget, or fun?

And you know what I tell them?

All of them.

^ SCROLL ^
CLICK BOTTOM

d.o.b.
march 6th 1998

role
the gambler

ethnicity
russian

looks.

face claim
stephen james

height
6'3

weight
206lbs

hair color

dirty blonde

eye colour
murky blue

body type
mesomorph, lean, fit

persona.

dislikes

fears

misc.

relationships

others

writing sample.

v THEME SONG v

122321dfd983a5dabbd82735ada4b832.jpg

bf0e0a0122bc6289525a42f34eb63a06.jpg

Code by apolla apolla

Last edited:
[div class=container][div class=bgimg]
[div class=open][div class=opentext][/div][/div][/div]

[div class=bgsbg][div class=textbg][/div][div class=textbox][div class=txtbg2]

ig: @_soyjihun

requisite.

name || choi, jihun
d.o.b. || 24th november 1996
gender || male
role || the romantic
ethnicity || korean

looks.

faceclaim || kang, minhyuk
height || 1,66
weight || 67 kg
hair colour || dark brown
eye colour || dark brown
body type || ectomorph

persona.

personality ▸
Jihun is someone who is very attuned to their emotions. When he’s excited about something, he beams with an intense passion that can practically be felt by those around him. He can be rather dramatic, making exaggerations and hand gestures to get his points across. His fuse is extremely long. Very few people have ever seen him angry. Instead, Jihun is liable to whine to those he’s comfortable around, or sulk and shut down around those that he’s not.

A high emotional intelligence means that he is extremely sensitive to the people around him. It is very easy for him to empathize with other people and their situations. In theory, this would make him a good shoulder to cry on, but in all actuality, Jihun will probably start crying right alongside that person.

It’s no secret that Jihun is a bleeding heart, and while not exactly gullible, he is very easily influenced by what other people thinks. He is stubborn in very few things and would rather keep an open-mind. It’s very rare for him to hold a grudge for long, and it takes one simple act of defying his expectations to make him feel guilty and regretful. He has a strong want to believe in and see the best in people, and he pursues this ideal regardless of the damage is can do to himself and to others.

Jihun has a very clear idea of how he thinks the world is supposed to operate. People should be kind to each other all the time and give just as much as they receive. Everyone in the world should be doing their best to look out for each other. Love means an absolute devotion to supporting the other person, and people should make the necessary accommodations in order to help their partner become their best version of themselves. This absolute love is one where two people come to complete each other. He would call it fate, where everyone has someone they’re destined to be with, and those two people cannot live without the other.

His worldview is extremely idealistic, and sometimes Jihun struggles to step outside of his ideas of how things should be to look at what practically can actually happen. Sometimes, his way of thinking is very black and white. The people he doesn’t like may be considered bad people to him in the moment, and every person he’s on good terms with are either good people or will be good once they’ve unlocked their full potential. The harsh realities of the world are something very distressing to him, and Jihun’s response to this is to keep his head in the clouds and look only towards the vision of the future he holds, meanwhile refusing to see the shortcomings of those he most loves and admires.

With something of a God complex, Jihun has a compulsion to try to fix the wrongs of the world and help those around him. His motivation can’t always keep up with his passions, however, and Jihun is very quick to turn his frustrations inward and resent himself for his very human shortcomings. As much as he lets himself feel his emotions, Jihun doesn’t have the confidence to healthily process his own disappointments in himself. He has powerful ideas on what he thinks and wants to do, and is very open to sharing them, but the instant someone contradicts or doubts him, he will likely start to soon doubt himself as well and feel he was better off keeping his mouth shut.

likes || western hip-hop / secondhand shops / romance movies / aircraft / shoujo manhwa
dislikes || consumerism / seitan / big parties / artificial selection
fears || living an unfulfilling life / ending up in a loveless marriage / developing a negative public image

misc.

biography ▸
From birth, Jihun had lived a comfortable life. His parents were well-off, able to afford a home in one of the districts with a reputation for having safe, clean neighborhoods. He had both a younger and older sister, and between the three of them, they each were able to have their own room.

His mother and father had met in the same company, where his father was a senior manager and his mother was part of the team. After marrying and Mrs. Choi was carrying their first child, her husband implored her to retire to become a stay-at-home mom, to which she complied.

Without his wife to work alongside and the company’s growth exponentially increasing his workload, Mr. Choi was finding the stress more and more difficult to cope with. He turned to taking up the bottle and was soon spending more time after work in bars than he was at home. It became such that at least once a week, Mrs. Choi would get a call about her husband passed out in the streets.

It seemed as though the only reprieve Mrs. Choi got from her husband’s drunken habit was when their family hosted dinners for the company, in which he sobered up to his normal, stoic self. Immediately after, though, Mr. Choi would be hitting the bar in double time. This behavior extremely displeased Mrs. Choi, who took up abstinence and a bible to drill into the heads of Jihun and his sisters.

The siblings, too young to understand what was going on, only saw a goofy change in their dad by night, and their unreasonable, vindictive mother who would lock him outside sometimes. On a few particularly cold nights, Jihun would open the window to let his father crawl through and pass out in the bed beside him. His mother would scold him for it in the morning, but his sisters held a unified front of support that helped the smarts on his cheek sting a little less.

There came a day where Jihun and his siblings would visit their grandparents more. He looked forward to these days because his mom would drop them off, his grandma would make homemade yakgwa and his grandpa would tell his stories of the Korean War. The man had served all three years through the main conflict of the war as a part of Korea’s air force.

His stories enamored the boy. He heard all about his comrades in war, sailing the tides of a storm’s thrashing turbulence, and the close calls he had with other jet pilots. As Jihun aged, his grandpa talked more about the machines themselves and all the different models he had flown. Soon, Jihun had set his eyes on his first dream ever of becoming a pilot.

These dreams faded, however, as Jihun grew even older and his visits to his grandparents’ house became more erratic. The elder couple would go from practically raising their grandchildren to being unable to see them for months, all by their parents’ jurisdiction.

In middle school, Jihun had joined the basketball team. His mom had wanted him to try sports to stay healthy. On a whim, he had chosen basketball and soon found he had a natural knack for it, at least compared to his other athletic feats. He fell in love with the sport and decided he wanted to try for nationals.

He had very few means to practice at home, however, and some of his peers that were more adept to athletics came to drastically overshadow his own performance. By the time Jihun realized he was being benched more often than not, his parents had already started to pressure him to focus on his studies instead. He ultimately complied, and upon entering high school, had replaced his dream of being a basketball star with a restless despondency of having no idea what he wanted out of life.

With age came awareness. Sometime during his first year of high school, Jihun’s grandparents had moved in to live with them. His younger sister had to move into his older sister’s room in order to give their grandparents a place to sleep. He didn’t know why this was happening at first, but eventually learned through his older sister that their grandpa had been having difficulty holding a job for a while now. He had been borrowing money from their father intermittently, but ultimately it hadn’t been enough, and he had to sell their house to a newlywed couple.

These new living arrangements lasted all of five months. One day, when his grandparents had gone with his mother to the market, Jihun’s grandfather had an episode. There was no telling what exactly triggered it. It may have been some nearby construction that had been too loud or a plane that was flying too low overhead, but the man flew into a destructive panic. Neither his wife nor his daughter had been able to console him, and so could only wait for his panic to pass and try to help soothe him after.

When Mr. Choi learned what happened, he was furious. Mrs. Choi had tried to hide it from him, but inevitably the talk of the property damage and injuries to pedestrians got back to him. He was deeply shamed by how this reflected their family. As it was his wife’s father, Mr. Choi no longer saw any reason to continue catering to him and kicked him out. He offered to let his wife stay, as she never caused any trouble, but she refused to live without her husband, and so left with him.

This was the starting point of the long process of a rude awakening for Jihun. No longer was his father this goofy, albeit somewhat distant man in his eyes. Instead, he was a ruthless cutthroat basing his decisions strictly off of his own personal gain and loss.

His grandparents began sleeping in the subway station. Jihun made a resolution to himself to try to do what he could to persuade his father to let them move back in. He tried on several occasions to talk to his father, but it seemed as if the man was always busy and dismissive when sober, then incognizant and impossible to reason with when drunk. Eventually he gave up, and instead swore to visit them every night. He would make or bring them some food, a blanket, or some other essential, then maybe ask his grandfather, the hero of his childhood, to share one of his stories of the war one more time.

But even that promise was too difficult for Jihun to uphold. The weight of his course load only seemed to grow heavier as he progressed through his studies. Jihun knew how competitive it was to get into universities, especially if he wanted any sort of scholarship, and that meant all of his spare time needed to be dedicated to studying just as much as peers. Between trying to juggle studying and taking care of his grandparents, Jihun was growing very, very tired.

By his second year of high school, Jihun was only able to visit them once every other week. All of his time was spent studying, as if to make up for the fact that he still had no idea what he wanted to do with his life.

When it was well into the cold season one evening, his grandparents were not in their usual spot. He scoured the subway station up and down until he could barely stand, then finally decided to head home. Word later got back to him that they had spent their last moments in that station, reportedly having died in the warmth of each other’s embrace.

It was as if he had been awakened from a sweet dream. In that dream, there were very few faults to the world. When there were, it was solely that person’s individual responsibility. No one suffered for long and everyone had enough in the world, just as long as they worked to get it.

What was the new reality that he lived in was one where workers worked too many hours and would rather drink until they blacked out than think about their conditions. In this one, Jihun no longer missed the sultry gazes exchanged between his mother and his father’s coworkers during company dinners, then how she urged her children to step out and find somewhere else to stay until the morning. To Jihun, it seemed as if the only pure thing that had existed in this reality had been the love his grandparents had for each other, yet even that had been smeared by the greed of another.

Jihun became obsessed with the idea of fixing the wrongs of the world. He began paying more attention to his studies, rather than passively absorbing knowledge like he had been. Learning more about the world around him, it finally clicked in his mind what his academics had been trying to teach him about being a global citizen. He prayed fervently that he may have the strength help protect and save all the vulnerable groups and individuals of the world.

Jihun was a little later than most of his peers to declaring his major and laying out his career goals, but just in time, he was accepted into SNU and offered a partial scholarship to attend. There, he would finally be able to work towards his new idea of living a self-actualized life, both fulfilling on a global community scale as well as his personal one.

relationships ▸

yokoyama, nobuo / admired acquaintance​
▾ more
Maybe has too much reverence for Nobuo and his boyfriend, bordering on idol worship. Nobuo appears impossibly perfect in Jihun's eyes, which gives way to Jihun taking a rather timid approach during the few times he's been around him, avoiding at all costs to do or say something that might embarrass himself. Acquainted through his connections with Haseon and Taesoo in the rich clique. More than happy to listen should Nobuo ever want someone to gush to over his boyfriend.
yu, sejun / admired acquaintance​
▾ more
Actively follows his social media. Respects him for his relationship as well as his pursuit of a nursing major. Similar to Nobuo, Jihun finds himself intimidated by Sejun's reputation and flawless public image, though is marginally more relaxed around Sejun for the charm he gives off and generally finds him a little easier to talk to.
choi, eunha / girlfriend​
▾ more
Met between academic semesters at an animal shelter they had both been volunteering at, Jihun had accidentally walked in on Eunha talking to herself/the animals there and took her to a cafe as recompense via Eunha's suggestion. Jihun very soon found her to be a charming girl with a passion for helping others, and in general someone who seems like an ideal partner. Satisfying both of their needs to fulfill their fantasies of extravagant, romantic acts. Jihun enjoys playing with and doing her hair, exchanging sentimental notes, and in general having almost excessive levels of PDA with each other, sometimes evocative of the two coexisting in their own world of scripted romance. Jihun so far in the relationship believes Eunha is completely genuine with him and will do almost anything he can to keep her happy and feeling like she's a princess. He truly believes they were destined to be together, according to a list he had previously devised of what his perfect partner would be like, and will is committed to making this relationship his everlasting one.
min, haseon / ex​
▾ more
Met at a school-sanctioned mixer, and with enthusiasm over each other's respective projects, were dating by the next month. Relationship lasted six months before it ended with an angry Jihun feeling unappreciated by Haseon consistently flaking on his plans. Jihun has now completely moved on from their relationship and has mostly forgiven her, but he has silently resolved to keep his distance until she's ready to talk. Though sometimes he's concerned for how she's doing now, he doesn't mind postponing getting proper closure, since he anticipates that it's going to be a pretty awkward conversation.
kim, sujin / acquaintance​
▾ more
Introduced in the past as a friend of Haseon, Sujin has since made several attempts to reach out to Jihun in a friendly manner. With how clumsy these social attempts are, Jihun has frequently found himself a little uncomfortable around this "weird girl," but appreciates Sujin for how kind she seems regardless.
so, misun / friend​
▾ more
Introduced to Misun originally via their mutual friendship with Iseul, then again through Haseon, Jihun has started building a friendship with Misun independent of all his prior connections to her. Jihun took an interest in her succulents and was subsequently gifted some by Misun, and so Misun became his go-to person for his newfound hobby in attempting, and frequently failing, to raise plants of his own. They also have similar majors and a passion for reducing conflicts in the world, which the two eventually decided to make use of and become study buddies.
song, hyejung / acquaintance​
▾ more
Hyejung has very recently come into Jihun's life, only meeting her through Taesoo. As his best friend's girlfriend, he tries to be courteous and wants to be supportive of their relationship, but part of him feels nervous and uncomfortable most of the time that she's around and he doesn't know why. Jihun's still sorting out his feelings about her.
jeong, taesoo / best friend​
▾ more
Childhood friend met through company dinners held by their respective fathers. Over the years of seeing him on and off, has come to think of Taesoo more as family than as a friend. Growing up, Jihun thought of him as cool for his wealth and even envied him, but now Jihun can see how jaded with life he has become because of it. Takes extreme comfort knowing Taesoo would do anything for him and likes to think he would do the same for Taesoo. Tries to bring positivity into his friend's life as well as learn what he can through his friend's experiences of traveling and otherwise. Likes to think they can collaborate in the future to make the world a better place.
sung, jaehan / dislike​
▾ more
Doesn't particularly try to hide his disapproval of Jaehan's lifestyle. Finds the other boy careless, wasteful, and needlessly crass. May try to argue with him on a point or two if he's feeling ill-tempered enough, but he's always quick to be quiet around him again and wish his company away.
mae, kumi / avoidant​
▾ more
Doesn't quite know what he ever did to get on her bad side, but tries to steer clear of her regardless. Finds her association with Jaehan off-putting and her abrasive attitude terrifying.
bae, iseul / roommate​
▾ more
Met second semester of freshman year when Jihun was first starting to bike on campus and collided with a clumsy Iseul. After escorting him to get medical assistance and semi-frequently checking him for other accidents, the two gradually became close friends. Jihun admires Iseul in his pursuit of becoming a vet and enjoys that Iseul is a good listener for all of Jihun's own interests. Even beyond that, Jihun enjoys listening to Iseul gushing over his love interest, and Jihun has similarly talked to him about both of his relationships that he's fallen in and out of over the past couple of years. Starting rooming together this past year after failing to resolve tensions with either of his past two randomly selected roommates.
others || protestant christian / avoids drinking / tries to be vegan but has a weakness for pork belly / social welfare major / environmental science minor / nearsighted / too much of a feminist to admit he’s gay / bikes or uses public transportation as much as possible / only attended gender-segregated schools prior to snu / 6CO2 + 6H2O + light energy -> C6H12O6 + 6O2

writing sample.
The sky was blue. It was blue. Very, very blue. Blue like her aquamarine-topaz eye-orbs kind of blue. Very, very, very blue, like the color of the sky. If there was one way someone might describe the its color, it would be just that: blue. Like a sky blue. Blue, blue, blue blue blue.

[ next five paragraphs redacted due to copyright infringement of regina spektor’s blue lips ]

jk but also fucfkg u uxie making me type a writing sample with a prompt bcihfg u know how i write ugh ill do it l8tr

[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡

[class=container] height:400px; width:320px; margin:auto; position:relative; [/class] [class=bgsbg] height:400px; width:320px; background-color:#ffffff; position:absolute; top:0px; left:-1px; [/class] [class=textbg] height:400px; width:320px; background:url('https://data.whicdn.com/images/304709469/large.jpg'); background-size:130%; opacity:0.3; position:absolute; top:0px; left:-1px; [/class] [class=txtbg2] background: rgba(254, 248, 209, 0.4); background-size:100%; position:absolute; top:0px; left:-1px; [/class] [class=textbox] height:390px; width:310px; position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; overflow-y:scroll; padding:5px; [/class] [class name=textbox] font-size:12px; text-align:justify; color:black; [/class] [class=bgimg] height:400px; width:320.5px; position:absolute; left:-0.5px; background:url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/fb0fc803387c9eccd01a904f7787448f/tumblr_ov2f1hbQoD1w6n4tao1_500.jpg'); background-size:101%; z-index:6; [/class] [class=open] height:70px; width:70px; border:5px solid #fff0b7; background-color:white; border-radius:50%; margin:auto; position:relative; top:140px; opacity:0.95; cursor:pointer; z-index:6; [/class] [class=opentext] font-size:30px; color:#92dba5; text-align:center; position:relative; top:12.5px; z-index:6; [/class] [script class=open on=click] addClass slideUp1 bgimg addClass slideUp2 open [/script] [class=slideUp1] animation-name: {post_id}slideUp; animation-duration:1.7s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [class=slideUp2] animation-name: {post_id}slideUp; animation-duration:5.7s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [animation=slideUp] [keyframe=0] transform: translateY(0px); [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] transform: translateY(-450px); [/keyframe] [/animation]

Last edited:
WIP

ro·man·tic
/rōˈman(t)ik/

noun
a person with romantic beliefs or attitude.​

adjective
of, characterized by, or suggestive of an idealized view of reality.​
邕태현

name ong taehyun
d.o.b. february 22nd 1997 (21 yo)
gender female
role the romantic
ethnicity south korean

looks.
faceclaim nam jihyun (4minute)
height 5'5"
weight 115 lbs
hair colour brown (bottle caramel)
eye colour light brown
body type pear shaped; slim

persona.
personality taehyun is a soft-spoken individual with a knack for helping due to the huge heart on her sleeve. whether she's volunteering at school or during the weekends, taehyun is well-known for her generosity and helpful attitude. if taehyun isn't volunteering, then she is working at her grandma's florist shop, where she seems to blossom (pun intended), interacting with the customers and proving her knowledge of the flowers in the shop, especially "friday's featured flora". taehyun can come across as passive; if her brothers forgot to do a chore before her mother got home, she would take it upon herself to get the chore done - if it was too late, she'd ask her mother to punish her, as she "didn't check to see if the chores were finished in time as the eldest". this behavior has gotten her brothers out of a lot of trouble, and to pay her back for it, they are the first to remind taehyun to get her head out of the clouds. taehyun is sometimes called "daydreamer" by her family, due to her habit of overthinking things in her mind instead of out loud. taehyun tends to wear rose-colored glasses when she views the world, and that could be her downfall one day; she truly sees the best in people, and it can work in her favor sometimes. however, relying on others' ability to do good instead of backing away when her intuition is waving a huge red flag at her conscience. taehyun is like a small marshmallow - just as soft on the outside as she is inside. just don't put her in any hot water.
likes ice cream, daydreaming, playing the piano, arranging flowers, cute smiles, laundry fresh out of the dryer
dislikes judging a book by its cover, crocodiles, long assignments, pricking herself on roses
fears fire, the dark, failing

misc.
relationships TBD
others she has two white mice she adopted from a lab experiment, pinky and the brain. one is a genius, the other's insane.

code by pasta pasta

writing sample.
"--dude, I'm sorry, okay?"

you still felt the need to apologize to the figure in front of you, even though it had been years since that day. you couldn't say that it was a body double, or any other wack excuse that was bubbling on your tongue. no, you had to own up to your mistakes. you couldn't be seen as a coward, after all. you realized you'd been gnawing on the bottom of your lip as your thoughts raced through your head. all you wanted was for this annoying little feud to end.

the girl in front of you frowned, folding her arms in front of her chest with a "hmph!" sound. "you scratched up my knees and the scars still haven't faded!" she huffed. behind her were her usual group of friends, cutting off your exit out. you gritted your teeth, realizing there was no escape. "I just think you've gone through your entire life without getting pushed back."

oh, how wrong she was. "listen. I'm gonna warn you now. you have no freaking idea what you're talking about." you stood up taller. there was one way out of this, and you had to take it. "so I'll be nice and let you and your little friends leave me alone now. capiche?"

you didn't expect her to laugh so loud in response. she didn't seem threatened at all. that kind of irritated you. was she underestimating you? "what's so funny?" you snarled in response, cracking your knuckles.

"you think you're going to win this one, and it's a cute thought." she snapped her fingers. "teach her a lesson."

they jumped at you, all at once, thinking they had the upper hand.

now that was a cute thought.

Last edited:
choi eunha

6d11fb820b9d7eb5f314956060358be137f8027c_hq.gif

click to listen
1b04f78bc185078435e3670295482f4c4349ca2f_hq.gif
tumblrnvtzyoyk0j1qm9g6to3500.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
c64bc7ae00615ee4fdb96694acbe4fb707671409_hq.gif
"The sun, moon and stars."

— requisite.
name
choi eunha​
d.o.b.
september 12​
role
gambler​
ethnicity
korean mixed japanese​
. . .

— looks.
faceclaim
taeyeon​
height
157 cm​
weight
45kg​
hair colour
platinum blonde​
eye colour
brown but she's prone to wearing greyish blue contacts​
body type
petite​
. . .

— persona.

personality​

A charming, non-committal dreamer whose intuitive nature allows her to understand what people want from her; Eunha fits easily into the mold of a Disney princess or that cute artsy ditz, lost in her own little world. She's always the first to laugh, striking people as a light-hearted and easy-going girl. Her heart is worn on her sleeve and the charisma she dons like a robe moves people in line with her emotions. Whether she's feeling sad, happy, or ever-so rarely--angry, the passion she eludes for her interests and goals stirs those around her with motivation and inspiration.

With big dreams and a love-the-journey oriented mind, one would find Eunha working steadily towards her conquests, however big or small they may be. Whether it be something as random as finishing a painting (despite art being a hobby she picked up on a whim), or winning the favor of her latest "crush", Eunha takes to hand what she wants and leaves them as she goes. Greed would eventually be her downfall as the babe is known to bite off more than she could chew, and when she does, she doesn't choke but rather, has a horrible habit of dropping everything at once. It's a cowardly immaturity tucked away under layers of won sympathy and charm.

"She has a lot on her plate. Who can blame her?"

The fact that few know her well enough to criticize her makes for a build-up disaster in the waiting. Commitment is often stopped short after her own, self-satisfying goals are reached, because however passionate Eunha may seem (or perhaps, even is) towards people and living things, she cares most of all, for herself and how she feels. Her love for animals and nature stem from a 'feels good to be good' mentality; not to say that any of her adoration is fake but rather self-indulging.

One would find she treats most aspects in her life the same way: her relationships, her hobbies, her interests. If they make her feel good, she keeps at them long until she tires and moves on to something more exciting and new.

Her inquisitive nature has cursed her with an insatiable hunger for more: to feel more, to be more, to live more. Her mind is idealistic and her mouth easily utters sweet promises, daydreams which she brings through to reality in a way which puts most in awe. This is how she charms people, this is how she makes them fall. She seeks out the desires of those who are lucky enough to catch her interest and lives them out, giving her victims a taste of what it's like to attain their ideal, dream girl.

No, she doesn't do it to manipulate people's feelings. No, she's not doing it because they're another name to be ticked off her list (well, not entirely). The sole reason is because it makes her happy to see others happy. It fills her a sickening, addictive satisfaction to see her fulfill people's wishes and for her, that's fun. She's living an experience which makes her feel alive. She's fixated on loving people and people loving her back. That flutter in her chest, the tingling down the base of her spine, the game played with shared smiles, it's an unhealthy craving which always leaves her wanting more.

It wasn't long until she realized that she couldn't stay with one person for long. The thrill of first love dies quickly and like a lost moth, Eunha flutters for her next flame, ever seeking.

*bullet-pointing the rest to keep from spamming my own CS TLDR;;
(+) also v touchy feely, loves to create elaborate and detailed plans for her partners bc she's EXTRA.
(+) constantly craving affection, probably the main reason why she stays with jihun because he provides that for her? Who knows how long til he tires or she tires.
(+) eye for detail, a sucker for doing small things most people don't bother doing.
(+) extremely empathetic. Easily moved by things like art, music, poetry and all that romantic goo.
(-) very, very selfish and unwilling to do things she doesn't want, even for the ppl she loves. Only will if it's compulsory like studies.
(-) stubborn and cowardly. If she's done, she's done. She won't give a chance to convince her otherwise most likely bc she can avoid things like the plague.
(-) mad commitment issues bc the romanticized idea of love is far more alluring than actually being in it.
(-) great at playing the damsel-in-distress role tbh.
(-) is she manipulative? I'll let you be the judge of that.

. . .

likes​
cute acts of love (both performing and receiving); shit like, writing encouraging sticky notes and putting them in people's textbooks, pda, greasy shit tbh || tangerines and persimmons || when people do her hair for her || children's laughter || charm bracelets or accessories || sunsets & sunrises || picnics || long walks in the park || windy days || flying kites || aesthetically pleasing messy hair || inside jokes || petnames
dislikes​
slut-shaming (prob bc she gets that a lot lmao) || rain (she likes the thought of it but only just that) || juice || saunas || obsessive people || leprechauns || swimming in the sea || mosquito bites || cockroaches || empty rooms || messy cabinets or drawers || doors that aren't closed properly ||

fears​
confined spaces || being hated by everyone || having to stick with just one person for the rest of her life, ew || being lost in space || lizards

. . .

—biography​

wipwipwip - the breakdown:
- parents divorced and both remarried
- has a younger sister named Eunmi
- Japanese mother, moved back to Japan when she was 18. Her sis was 16.
- stays in korea with her father and stepmother
- distant from parents bc of the stepmom
- step mom isn't necessarily cruel, just... doesn't rly give a shit about the choi sisters
- divorce is a norm, her grandparents on her father's side are divorced too
- thinks commitment is the absolute shit bc of this

- also contributing to this is her shitty love life:
- her first love was unrequited
- her second (or first love which was returned) cheated on her when they were dating
- why love for real when u can be cute and thot

— misc.
relationships​
dating jihun || rest tba.
others​
helps out at the local animal shelter
donates clothes and visits the orphanage twice a year
loves succulents because they require little to carry photosynthesis
has wavy hair due to perm + constant messy braids or buns
perpetually cold, loves to leech off body heat or wear multiple layers
wants to be a reporter; studying communications

. . .

— writing sample.
wip. bite me.

Last edited:
[class=background] max-width:500px; height:500px; margin:auto;center; padding:50px; background: linear-gradient(135deg, #74421f 25%, transparent 25%) -50px 0, linear-gradient(225deg, #74421f 25%, transparent 25%) -50px 0, linear-gradient(315deg, #74421f 25%, transparent 25%), linear-gradient(45deg, #74421f 25%, transparent 25%); background-size: 100px 100px; background-color: #327063; border-top-right-radius:50px; border-top-left-radius:50px; border-bottom-left-radius:50px; border-bottom-right-radius:50px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=scrollbox] width:500px; height:510px; overflow-y:auto; padding:0px; position:relative; top:0px; left:70px; [/class] [class=imagebox] width:360px; height:500px; background:url('http://i64.tinypic.com/rwkowm.jpg') no-repeat; background-size:100%; border:5px solid #05090a; [/class] [class=textbox] width:350px; padding:10px; background:#fff; font:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:black; [/class] [class=titleblock] width:350px; background:#05090a; font:Montserrat; font-size:20px; color:#fff; padding:10px; [/class] [class=overlaytext] width:230px; position:relative; top:-25px; left:120px; text-align:right; font:PT Sans Narrow; font-size:30px; color:#327063; text-shadow: -1px -2px 0px #930707; [/class]
[div class=background][div class=scrollbox][div class=imagebox][/div][div class=titleblock]— requisite.[/div][div class=textbox]Name: Yang Nari.
D.O.B.: August 27, 1996.
Role: The Puppeteer.
Ethnicity: South-Korean.
[/div]

[div class=titleblock]— looks.[/div][div class=textbox]Faceclaim: Lee Geum Hee.
Height: 160 cm.
Weight: 47 kg.
Hair colour: Dyed light brown, naturally black.
Eye colour: Dark brown.
Body type: Ectomorph.
[/div]

[div class=titleblock]— persona.[/div][div class=textbox]Personality:
Nari is a capricious girl whose ambition knows no limits. She fervently believes she deserves the best and only the best in life, because she is intelligent and charming and beautiful. All the love should go to her, all the attention should go to her. And if it doesn’t, then she’ll make it so it does, no matter what it takes. She is extroverted and adaptable. No matter how bad the situation is, she will find her way to cajole herself out of it.

She believes if anyone discovered how fake she was some would probably call her pathetic, some cruel and heartless. She is afraid of that, but she enjoys manipulating people to commit to her desires, it is something she finds fun and satisfying. However, deep down she is the one who is suffering because there's nothing more lonesome than not having anyone who knows the real you and still loves you no matter what flaws you may have. She’s hopeful Misun can be that person.

She is controlling of Misun, trying to convince her to minimize the hours she spends with her friends and trying to improve her eating and exercising habits by faking she cares about her well-being. Behind her back she flirts with other people, but it’s just for fun, as she intends for Misun to be her lifelong partner.

-Singing.
-Foxes.
-Helping people out.
-Taking pictures.
-Going to concerts.

Dislikes:
-Tea.
-Silence.
-Serious conversations.
-Comedy movies.
-German language.
-Maths.

Fears:
-Arachnophobia.
-Dying alone.
-Being ridiculed in public.
[/div]

[div class=titleblock]— miscellaneous.[/div][div class=textbox]Biography:

Yang Nari was born in Los Angeles, California, the third of three children of a South-Korean man and a half-American half-Korean woman. She was a charismatic and extroverted girl with lots of friends and suitors from a young age. Her mother found that extremely funny and taught her how to flirt so she was an expert by the time she was in 3rd grade. At age eleven, however, her family was relocated back to Seoul due to her father’s work, which didn’t settle well with Nari as she lost her friends and boyfriend.

Bitter to be in South Korea, but too afraid of her father’s usual corporal punishment when he didn’t like his children behavior, Nari found herself in a totally different world. Her father became doubly strict and stoic and her classmates didn’t find her charming anymore, calling her ‘slutty’ behind her back instead. The only memory of Los Angeles she had left was her mother who has been born in the United States, but she was so culture-shocked she had become depressed and started paying less and less attention to her children.

In an attempt to survive this situation Nari started learning to manipulate those around her. She learned to observe, to identify people’s weakness and use them against them. She found that acting extremely apologetic and vulnerable often paused her father’s punishments. A few fake tears helped too. Crying on command became a habit after realizing it also triggered her mother into focusing on her. She discovered with which of her classmates it was better to fake being modest and shy, and with whom she could be herself, which helped her to finally make friends.

At age seventeen she officially became an ulzzang. She knew perfectly well how to cajole the cameras, how to make her fans sigh and swoon for her. She had the unshakable belief that being born in Los Angeles was a sign that she was made to shine, to triumph, to be big. Knowing her voice was good she decided to major in Vocal Music at a prestigious university, so she could achieve her dream of being the most loved and looked upon celebrity in all of South Korea.

When she was nineteen she meet Misun during Rose day thanks to their common acquaintance Haneul and she knew she had found the perfect victim, the last piece that was missing. A lover. She was going to manipulate that girl until someone truly loved her for who she was, or who she faked to be. And then she’d had finally accomplished the only thing she’d thrived for in life. Love.

Relationships:
  • So Misun (Girlfriend)
More TBA.

Others:
-Photosynthesis.
[/div]

[div class=titleblock]— writing sample.[/div][div class=textbox]She opened her handbag and tipped the contents onto the floor, she was shameless and she knew it, but she really couldn’t believe what she was looking for wasn’t there.

“I am sorry, ma’am. But you are disrupting other customers and the line has to continue moving.” the assistant at the door told her. Jasmin just frowned, there were only two people behind her as she had made a point of arriving early to the concert. She turned towards them.

“Excuse me, could you wait just one sec?” she said, trying to put on her most amiable smile but there was still a line on her forehead that showed just how affronted by what was happening she was. The man behind her protested, but she paid no heed as she looked back to the assistant. “Look, my daughter is the main flute of the concert, I need to get in. I am begging you.”

“I’m sorry, we cannot let anyone without an entrance ticket in.” the woman smiled forcefully like she had heard that excuse a hundred time. Which wouldn’t be surprising, as the tickets were extremely expensive.

“Isn’t there a way to check who had bought them?” Jasmin said, panic in her voice. “I have my ID here…” she patted the pockets she didn’t have like an idiot, then looked at the floor and saw it right there. But when she went to collect it someone pushed her over, conveniently stepping into her hand mirror. The man was pale and overweight, dressed in a black tuxedo. A striking comparison with her black skin and slim figure donned in a silver night dress.

“Would you get out of the way already? You are not the only one in line!” The man said in a gruff voice.

“Excuse me!?” Haven’t you heard anything I was saying, you whale!” Jasmin had a temper she couldn’t quite control. “My daughter is the-”

Before she could finish her sentence two tall muscled guards appeared at the door. “Ma’am, we are going to have to ask you to retire quietly.”

“What!? What have I done!? I only want to see my daughter!”

“Ma’am, if you continue with that attitude were are going to have to drag you out.”

Jasmin sighed, she crouched down, took her things minus the broken mirror and left the theater. Maybe she’ll have time to go home and retrieve the ticket before her daughter’s solo finished.[/div][/div]
credits RI.a RI.a
[/div]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back