• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Love Changes Everything: The Curious Writer! [Me & Wolf Wolf]

Woebegone

mellifluous;
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Prologue: "You can't be serious!? I'm living in with the greatest love writer who has no knowledge about love!?

Cast:

@Arrietta as
proxy.php

@Wolf Wolf as
nz89xq.png

"...Love is an intense feeling of deep affection." A young man said, reading the vocabulary box in the Google search. A scowl was plastered on his face. Even though he was already reading the meaning of the said emotion, he still couldn't understand it. He was drumming his finger on the tabletop while staring intently at his laptop screen. His window was ajar, making his bluish-raven black hair even more dishevelled.

He had forgotten to comb his hair, but what was wrong with that? He'd seen a lot of people not comb their hair and still look decent. Sighing, he leaned back against his chair, careful not to accidentally start spinning around. The last time he did that, every step made him feel dizzy. A mug was next to his laptop. It was filled with warm chocolate. The name 'Drexel' was imprinted on the surface. Grabbing the handle, he brought the mug to his lips and took a sip.

Maybe he should make an acronym about love? Nah. That's too common. Maybe a poem? A song? Another story? He pushed all of his thoughts aside, his scowl deepening. "Why is this so complicated to understand?" he muttered angrily. He pushed his chair back and stood up. He breathed in and outf or a while, trying to calm himself down before he broke anything. It worked... a little. He bit his lip to keep himself from crying out curse words before rearranging his things once more.

"Oh? What's this I see? Is the great Drexel Garth trying to think of a new love story!?" the munchkin sized girl rudely barged into the writer's house, if she were just a fan, it could be clearly classified as trespassing not to mention how nonchalantly she just went in. Luckily, she's not just a fan. The young Marie Knight was hired as the writer's assistant the day before she barged in. T'was no easy job to get into, lots of other people, namely girls, were dying to become Drexel's assistant. As rumors spread out that the famous love writer was, apparently, a real hottie. Most of his fangirls just stormed in on the job screening, not even having the proper 'skills' for the job.

Marie,though, was different. During the job interview, Marie showed a lot of interest not to see and be with Drexel Garth but to his passion and knowledge about love. "It inspired me! It fueled my urges to explore the realm of love! Yes! That's why! Ahhh!" she said that time. Her passion, mixed with her fiery attitude, was seen as the best weapon she'd need to handle Drexel Garth. Or so the job screeners thought, well not that matters now.

"Ah! Sorry to surprise you Mr. Garth!" she put down her lime colored knapsack at the sofa and made herself comfortable, sitting down the couch. Apparently unaware that she was showing unprofessional behavior during her first meeting with her boss, she continued on to introduce herself. "I'm Marie Knight! Your new assistant. I hope we get along well together!" almost oblivious to the fact that Drexel probably doesn't have the mood to talk to anyone, Marie continued blabbering. "Ah! It's such a pleasure to meet you Mr. Garth! I've been a fan of your work for as long as I can remember!" entering her mesmerized state, Marie placed a hand on her cheek and continued on. "I've learned so much from you! About Love! Yes! I've learned a lot more about love because of you!"

Drexel nearly fell of his seat when a certain person walked in without warning. "Wha--?!" He turned around to see a girl that he recognized. "Um... No, I'm not writing a new story, yet." he said sheepishly, his anger drained from him. His warm chocolate wasn't as hot as before now, because of the wind coming through the window. He leaned back to relax himself a bit. "And it's fine. Surprises are fun, yes?" He let himself grin a bit as he said the last part to reassure the female that no harm was done.

The writer listened to the girl's introduction with patience, for if he didn't that would be very... disgraceful. A true man would give anyone a chance. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Marie. And surely, my works are not
that good, for they are not perfect." Although that would've made his fan go on a rant, he was not able to stop himself from saying so. Then, Drexel flushed slightly. "Oh, um, well that's nice. But you must know that I never really... know how love feels."

Having to talk to her idol was dream come true for Marie. Well, it would've been a dream come true to anyone in general. She stared intently on Drexel's eyes as he professionally introduced himself even adding a little of humbleness in his introduction made Marie blush for a bit. It was quite the adorable sight after all especially with how he appeared fazed by Marie's arrival where, obviously, it should've been the opposite.

Marie heard her boss say something about having no idea what love meant,just the mere thought of it made her giggle loudly, she had no idea her Drexel was such a funny person. Eventually, she stood up laughing and patting the tall writer on his shoulders "Oh Mr. Garth! I didn't know you were quite the clown too! C'mon! You'd expect me to believe that the greatest romantic novel writer to have no idea what that meant!?" she continued to laugh out loud.

Drexel shifted nervously. "I was being serious... I do not know how love feels." he said slowly. "And I am not the
greatest writer. I still make typos and such." The chance of a rant just increased to seventy percent. Oh wait, make that seventy-five, judging by the girl's reaction to his previous statement. He entwined his hands together, playing with his thumbs uncomfortably. It wasn't everyday you would have someone barge in your house and you greet her with, 'I never felt love.'

Well, technically he didn't
greet her with that, thank goodness or things would've escalated way faster. His laptop screen dimmed because of the lack of usage for a couple minutes. His chocolate turned colder as he continued to ignore it as he had a conversation with his new assistant. And the conversation was slowly becoming out of hand, Drexel knew it. He quietly tapped his foot to ease his nervousness a bit

Drexel's mannerisms made Marie quiver, everything he did was matched with uncertainty, nervousness, all of it was speaking loudly even though inaudible, something that says
I'm serious, don't make fun of me,please... And just like that, shit just got real the mood turned upside down. Marie's face turned sour and quite frankly, sad for her idol.

Tears began to comically form around her eyes, her face plumped and began to comfort her idol "U-u-uhh...i-it's okay!! I-I- don't mind!
though seriously, what the fahk ? Now that you think about it, Drexel's face is cute right now, being all nervous and stuff it just didn't match his serious demeanor. Now this was a face worth being a fangirl for! Marie's face turned completely red and came up with an interesting plan."Drexel-sama!" Woohoo I like the feeling on that one! Marie placed one foot and began her mission briefing. "Drexel-sama! Starting from this day, I shall teach you-!" a clever and playful smirk formed around her lips. "I shall teach you, the true meaning of LOVE!"

Next Chapter: Chapter 1: 'The Basics of Love! You can't miss this one Drexel-san!"

nz89xq.png

Drexel had a 'What?' expression on his face. His head was tilted slightly in confusion due to the title Marie gave him and the girl's last words kept repeating themselves in his head. "And how would you do so...?" he asked her. The screen saver could be seen on the laptop's screen as Drexel reached out for his chocolate then chugged it all down, ignoring the temperature.
Drexel is confused, he is asking a question, he just drank his mug. Well that was a terrible haiku. Perhaps he could practice writing more of those during his free time. But the question is: when is his free time? It could be five minutes later, an hour later, a day, or worse... never.

Drexel mentally shuddered at that thought. What kind of person would not give someone a break? Getting out of his zone, he noticed the door still open, to which he ignored as well. He could just close it later, together with the window. It was getting a bit chilly in the room.Turning his attention back to his female guest, he raised his mug slightly. "Care for a drink as well?" he said. He wondered where he got his hospitality. Obviously from his parents... perhaps from his father?

Last edited by a moderator:
proxy.php

Wh-what a lame reaction... Marie was completely disappointed by her boss' reaction. Well either way her expectations may have been impossible, I mean expecting Drexel to dramatically stand on top of the couch with her with tears of joy streaming down his face may have been...impossible but at least, Marie settled with his question of 'how' that's was her initial goal anyway, the reaction was just plus. "Ohooo, I was expecting you to ask that" slightly giving her boss an evil smirk, she pointed towards the collection of books her boss had written. "We're gonna learn it through your books of course! We're gonna copy everything that the main characters of your book did and understand how they may have felt during those times! It's such a good plan! You'll surely learn something about love this way, right Drexel sa-" she was cut off when her emotionless boss asked her for a drink, disappointing her yet again. "Drexel-sama, are you really this lame?" she questioned her boss with a disappointed look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back