• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Loudwater Census

Main
Here
OOC
Here

Safety Hammer

A walking piece of shit in a stupid looking jacket
A LIKE FROM ME, Safety Hammer Safety Hammer MEANS YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED

BASIC INFORMATION
Name
: (Real identity.)
Aliases: (Other names, titles, nicknames, and aliases.)

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: (Ships gotta sail, then sink each other.)
High Concept: (Sum up your character in a sentence.)
Affiliations: (Organizations, or people the character is affiliated with)
Backstory: (Can be kept secret.)

PHYSICAL
Appearance
: (Written, or a picture. If written, then at least a detailed paragraph of text. A picture is greatly favored over a written description)
Skills & Abilities: (Normal things worthy of note.)
Other Items & Belongings: (Are you a rich playboy with a mansion? Anything that doesn't count into "paraphernalia" goes here.)

FLUFF (Optional - remove this section if you're not filling it out)
Hobbies: (What does Dr. Evil do in his free time, when not vying for supremacy over the world?)
Quote\s: (Notable things that the character has said, that may show off their personality or speech type.)
Theme: (Musical theme.)

Theodore Greene

tumblr_bc02ad9b379047db1966b34506b4010a_48e4f6ad_1280.jpg

BASIC INFORMATION
Name
: Professor Theodore W. Greene
Aliases: Theo, Ted, Teddy, Prof, Webby, Mister Librarian Man

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Bisexual
High Concept: This disgraced professor is a new addition to our town! If only we knew what he did to lose his job...
Occupation: Librarian and former college professor at Miskatonic University
Affiliations:
  • Loudwater Public Library
  • Loudwater Book Club
  • Eldritch Society
Backstory: (Can be kept secret.)

ab2b91d0daafbac933740eed4fbbe161.jpg

PHYSICAL
Appearance
:
  • Hair Color: Dark brown with a streak of blue
  • Eye Color: Teal
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Body Type: Slightly Muscular
Skills & Abilities:
  • Incredibly intelligent
  • Former track star
  • Compitent fighter
  • Good cook
  • Trained in first aid
  • Dabbles in guitar playing
  • Knows all about books and stuff
  • Fluent in German and French
Other Items & Belongings: (Are you a rich playboy with a mansion? Anything that doesn't count into "paraphernalia" goes here.)

FLUFF
Hobbies
:
  • Gardening
  • Reading
  • Visiting museums
  • Smoking his pipe
  • Playing music
  • Investigating
  • Suit shopping
  • Cooking
Quote\s:
"This town is hiding something. I can feel it in my bones!"
"Inconceivable!"
"I.. I don't drink. Not anymore."

Theme:

4f6a5e4427f15d19c9a836e225ef57d1.jpg

Mayor Deckland!

BASIC INFORMATION
Name: Mayor Oscar Deckland
Aliases: Ozzy, Mister Mayor

1523540762805.png

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Homosexual
High Concept: Our super special and rather eccentric mayor who runs this wonderful town
Occupation: Mayor of Loudwater, former Chief of Police, Owner of Mama's Bakery
Affiliations:
  • City Hall
  • The Loudwater Police Department
  • Loudwater Public Library
  • Loudwater Chamber of Commerce
Backstory: For as young and as spritely as Oscar Deckland appears to be.

PHYSICAL
Appearance
:
  • Hair Color: Orange
  • Eye Color: Bright blue
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Body Type: Skinny
Skills & Abilities:
  • Well versed in civil planning and the laws of Loudwater
  • Baking savant
  • Gives good hugs
  • Surprisingly acrobatic
  • Good dancer
Other Items & Belongings:
  • Big house by the lake where he throws community barbecues
  • Personalized police gear and outfit
tumblr_maiuy6hRE11qhtpo2.png

FLUFF
Hobbies
:
  • Baking
  • Dancing
  • Doing mayor stuff
  • Bow tie shopping
Quote\s:
  • "Enjoy your stay in our wonderful town~!"
  • "Feel free to stop by my office~♡"
  • "Why, arent you sweeter than peach in a pie!"
  • "Oh, poor dear.. come inside, and I'll make you a carrot cake."
Theme:

Last edited:
Benjamin Lacour
—BASIC
name: Benjamin Adaire Lacour
alias: Ben, Dr. Lacour, Doctor (Although he doesn't have his doctorates degree yet)

—PERSONAL
Sexuality: Bisexual, but leans more towards men.
High Concept: A man dedicated to others but cannot keep himself together.
Affiliations: Self-owned business "Loudwater Mental Health Institute" (LMHI), Local at the bar, Previously a student therapist at GreyWood University in California.
Backstory: ??

—PHYSICAL
Appearance: Sandy blond hair noticeably turning grey despite his young age. Grey/ blue sunken eyes, a bit of scruff, and tanned. He stands at 6'0" and seems almost unhealthily lean for someone of his height. He carries a "wise beyond his years" look as well as a constant tiredness about him. Can usually be seen in sweaters and jeans.
Skills and abilities:
  • Well versed in mental disorders and trauma situations
  • Extremely sympathetic
  • Able to name almost any bird by sight and memory
  • Perceptive
  • Licensed psychologist
Other items and belongings: Small brick building (LMHI) in the middle of town, his very own scrapbook filled with pictures he took of birds and sketches (Mostly of birds, but other random stuff as well.)
—FLUFF
Hobbies: Bird watching, sketching, drinking at the bar, reading the newest psychological studies, taking walks around town (Especially when it's cloudy)
Quote(s):
  • "It's a common misconception between OCD and OCPD. Most don't know how to distinguish the two. Luckily I'm here to help you with that."
  • "I'd say drinking is quite a popular hobby of mine."
  • "How can I help others when there's so much wrong with me?"
Theme: ??

Last edited:
BASIC INFORMATION
Name: Phillip Carston
Aliases: Joe, Phil, Marshal, Major.

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Heterosexual
High Concept: The grumpy, world-weary mechanic with a storied past.
Affiliations:

• Joe’s garage
  • The US Marines
  • US Marshals (officially he retired)
Backstory: Born in Loudwater, Philip joined the marines for a while, traveled all over the world, came back to the States and joined the US Marshals. He worked in Louisiana for a few years, where he picked up the language before winning quite a bit of money in a poker game and retiring from the Marshals. He moved back home to start a garage and has been there ever since.

PHYSICAL
Appearance
: Tall (6’2”) bulky guy with a large number of scars. He keeps his dark auburn hair short. Phillip has dark green eyes, and a notch missing from one eyebrow due to a scar. He has a pair of neatly trimmed sideburns, and a generally craggy face, which is usually set in a grumpy expression. He usually wears cargo pants and a t-shirt, often from some old band that he likes, and both are covered with grease stains most of the time.
Skills & Abilities:

• Skilled mechanic.
  • Military training.
  • Good investigator.
  • Extremely good poker face.
  • Speaks pretty good Cajun French.
  • Knows his way around a forge.
  • Joe’s Garage (named after the Frank Zappa album)
  • A few acres of land around the garage, with some buildings on it, including his house, a large garage, and a forge.

Hobbies:

• Fixing old cars
  • Target shooting
  • Playing poker
  • Smithing
  • Listening to classic rock.
Quote\s:
“If you want to shoot me, wait until I’m out from under the car, it’s a classic, you know.”
“I wouldn’t touch that if I were you.”
“No, the garage isn’t named after me, it's named after— you know what, forget it.”
Theme: Highway Star - Deep Purple.

SILAS DAVIAN
"DO YOU SEE NO GHOST IN ME AT ALL?"

ABOUT

Name: Ansel Silas Davian
Aliases:
- He goes strictly by Silas (because Ansel is the absolute prissiest thing). It's occasionally shortened to 'Si.'
- You could call him 'Lassie,' but only if you wanted your fingers broken.
- He signs his blog posts with 'Snoopy.'

PERSONAL

Sexuality: Pansexual
High Concept: A traumatic paranormal encounter turns a longtime troublemaker toward 'investigative journalism.' Now writing scathing blog posts to an embarrassingly small audience.
Occupation: Self-proclaimed journalist and paranormal investigator. The New York Times hasn't picked up on his brilliance yet, so he currently pumps gas at a local station.
Affiliations:
- The Loudwater Exposé Project ('The LEP'), his Blogspot.
- Loudwater Exxon
Backstory: Not much can be said about Silas. In a town like this, his story's largely unremarkable. He was raised in Loudwater without a father figure and was a rowdy, disobedient child. Growing up, he only found comfort in his mother, Tansy. Even in her absence, she is his world and his only solace.

During his school years, he had few friends and was incredibly impersonal with them, drifting from clique to clique haphazardly. He regularly changed his mannerisms to fit the people around him, which led his peers to keep their distance and branded him a liar. He was a little hellion, breaking rules, smoking in the yard, and playing hooky up until his dropping out of high school. Loose on the world, Silas continued to actively oppose the town's authorities - sticking his nose where it didn't belong and bad-mouthing public figures, the police, and the mayor as he saw fit - and he found himself constantly running into trouble. He made a name for himself for his frequent visits to the police station and nosy, eccentric personality.

Then - as is commonplace in Loudwater - something strange happened. In the middle of one lovely, temperate spring, Loudwater went into a tizzy; on a night like no other, during a pleasant walk on a trail near the edge of the forest, Tansy Davian disappeared. She'd seemed to fall off the face of the earth, leaving not a single trace of what befell her. The case stirred up unrest in the already uneasy town, prompting suspicions that she'd been abducted, possibly by a resident of Loudwater itself. In the midst of it all, Silas Davian went eerily and uncharacteristically silent. In the long, anxious days surrounding her vanishing, Silas had been pacing the trails she was fond of, scouring among the leaves for anything as small as a strand of hair. Occasionally, as the days crept toward their ends, and Silas was still venturing dangerously close to the woods, he would hear his mother calling out to him, with a manner of emotions ranging from distressed to cheerful. No stranger to the rumors surrounding Loudwater and highly superstitious, Silas would find himself buried in old books at the library, poring over legends and encyclopedias to find the source.

He presented his somewhat minimal findings to the police, including pictures of trees with torn bark or claw marks, and an abnormal footprint in the mud, but they were almost immediate in their dismissal. Undeterred, Silas took his notes directly to the mayor - but Deckland seemed to dance around his questions, simply assuring him that they're 'working overtime to find her' and that his findings had 'already been considered.' Silas suspected the town to be covering something up after a few more passive-aggressive check-ins with the police force turned up nothing. He took it upon himself to solve the case, and as he discovered more and more irregularities, he started the Loudwater Exposé Project to bring attention to the little town, its dark atmosphere, and its corruption. Needless to say, it isn't doing particularly well - but Silas is as determined as he is chaotic.

PHYSICAL

goood stuff.jpg
Appearance:
- Tan skin
- Freckles on the bridge of his nose
- Brown hair
- Green eyes
- Lanky body type
- Usually found in autumn colors: oranges, greens, yellows, and browns
- Clothes are often shapeless and loose
- Owns a variety of ball caps used to flatten down his unruly hair
- His eyesight is poor and he wears wireframe glasses, but never in public
Skills & Abilities:
- Street-smart
- Lithe and quick on his feet
- Highly perceptive
- Fashionable
- Well-versed in webpage design
- Works well under pressure
- Trained in basic self-defense
- Silver laptop covered in stickers
- Well-loved hardcover notebook
- Rented motel room on the edge of town
- Brown pleather messenger bag
- Mustard-yellow bicycle

FLUFF

Hobbies:
- Reading mystery novels
- Watching trash TV
- Surfing the web
- Going for walks
- People-watching
- Photography (using his cell phone, and usually of bugs, but photography nonetheless)
- Listening to music in the dark
Quotes:
- "I've recently had to withdraw some of the things I've said about Loudwater because it's 'slander' and 'we're getting pretty sick of it, Mr. Davian.' So there's that."
- "Okay, I'm not saying the mayor isn't human, I'm just saying that no human being can possibly be that happy all the time."
- "I really need to see a therapist. Like if you agree!"
"barduils-i-wish-sleep-worked-like-it-does-in-minecraft-61382077.png"
Theme:
Lord Huron - Love Like Ghosts
Lord Huron - Meet Me in the Woods

code by yousmelldead

This will probably still see a bit of editing, mostly to do with pictures, phrasing, or the macro I'm using. Please bear with me. (:

Last edited:
BASIC INFORMATION
Name
: Jasper Allard
Aliases: "Jazz"

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Bisexual
High Concept: A failure in life, wasting his days away by stewing in endless pessimism.
Occupation: Cashier at a gas station, occasional part-timer in other places
Affiliations:
* Loudwater Exxon

Backstory: Jasper was born to a middle-class family that was desperate to pretend they were high-class. The children barely ate, just so the parents could have fancy clothing and go to parties for rich people, pretending they're wealthier than they were in actuality.

Early on, Jasper, or "Jazz" as his friends called him, decided he'd study and become someone important, like a doctor or police officer. Skip forward a decade.

Disillusion struck like a train wreck happening in slow-motion. Over his teenage years, he realized studying and meeting expectations aren't easy; as he was in university, he realized he wouldn't be able to pull through. Perhaps the most harrowing was that all of his other siblings had achieved their own dreams, and left town permanently. He was stuck, and that sensation of being trapped only served to enhance his failures. Each one, in his mind, was a giant strike; each victory, in turn, was seen as a tiny and inconsequential achievement. In the end, some part of him decided that winning wasn't worth the effort, and it'd be better to lay back and take it easy while there was still time.

Due to a narrowminded hope, Jasper continued to try, however. The virtue of persistence or determination; or maybe the raw gumption of someone who really doesn't know when to quit.

However, trying isn't the same as doing. Due to the distress inside of him, he failed in the end. He flunked out of university, subsequently succumbing to a dark abyss of substance abuse and social isolation. This continued for almost a month until he realized his parents wouldn't be able to pay for him. Alas, the bills wouldn't pay for themselves. For the first time in over a month, he stepped out to the world, and to everyone who knew him, he seemed to be as mordant as the grim reaper, and twice as bitter.

He took up work at a nearby gas station near the edge of town, where a bunch of weird shit happens on most nights... allegedly.

He often takes up extra shifts in order to make ends meet, but in the end, he achieved a bleak, lifeless image of what he desired to get in his childhood: independence. He lives alone, in a ratty apartment, with no one to bother him as he descends further...

And yet, the light of hope lives on. He's taken to private studies in his off-time, although without a professor or teacher, progress is slow.

PHYSICAL
Appearance
:
gian-ramadhan-wew.jpg

Skills & Abilities:
* Lord of the Seven Aisles
* Could probably use a mop as a quarterstaff
* Shot a gun... once
* Plenty of streetwise, although he's no gangster
* Dry wit
* Jaded by everything

* A motorbike; pretty much the only thing in his possession he considers worthwhile. He bought it at a discount garage sale, then narrowly managed to repair it into working order... with some help from Joe's Garage.
* An apartment in a building near the outskirts of town; although it doesn't qualify as "ratty," on its own, the absence of dedicated housekeeping has definitely deteriorated its state somewhat.

Hobbies:
* Studying
* Reading
* Drinking

Quote\s:
"No smoking."
"You've been staring at that pack of chips for three minutes, dude. Are you buying or not?"
"I don't care you don't have enough. If I had the money to borrow you sixty cents for a pack of chips, I wouldn't be working here from ten to eight from Mondays to Wednesdays, and noon to midnight from Thursdays to Saturdays."
"Hey, read the sign, asshole! No smoking!"
[regular customer enters] "Let me guess. You came here for the gas, and decided to stay because of my personal charm?"

Theme:

Last edited:
Name: Elia Anne Free
Aliases: Ellie, El, Ms.Free,

PERSONAL
Sexuality: Pansexual
High Concept: The awkward and kind middle school teacher that just wants everyone to try their best and be happy.
Affiliations:
  • Loudwater Junior High
  • Loudwater Community Theater
  • Break Free School of Dance

Backstory: Elia was born in Loudwater and hasn’t left since. As a lover of the arts, she started taking dance and theater at a young age and has studied it ever since. She started both the Loudwater Community Theater program and the Break Free School of Dance, sadly neither get very much attention from anyone in the town. She doesn't have many friends since shes usually busy so no one knows much about her personal life.

PHYSICAL
Appearance: girl-with-red-hair-drawing-60.jpg
  • Hair Color: Red
  • Eye Color: Green
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Body Type: Athletic

Skills & Abilities: Acting, dancing, childcare, first aid, and CPR

Other Items & Belongings: A silver necklace with a small purple gemstone that she never takes off.

FLUFF
Hobbies:
  • Reading
  • Dancing
  • Baking
  • Petting every dog she sees

Quote\s: “What am I going to do?”
“Be the best you can be, even if everyone else says it’s not good enough.”
“I’m always here to help!”

Theme:

Last edited:

A57C419B-BB44-4621-8EE9-837F57771D09.jpeg

Credit to Artist: Caleb Thomas

BASIC INFORMATION
Name: Rita Justine Hollis
Aliases: Riz, RJ

PERSONAL
Sexuality: Bisexual
High Concept: A recent new to town graduate with a PhD in Art History, a masters in Fine Art, and a deep sense of disappointment in where that got her.
Affiliations:

• Local Community College
  • Loudwater Public Library (where she grades and collects student resources
Backstory:
Originally from Chicago, Rita Justine Hollis or RJ was one of 6 siblings growing up with parents who subscribed to a more hippy lifestyle. RJ was invested in art because it was a family occupation first, and didn’t realize her interest in the academics and art history side of that world until she graduated from her undergraduate.
To afford her continued education, she would workas an assistant to more successful studio artists, as one of many fabricators in a metals or wood shop, or printing multiples of someone else’s work. near the end of her PhD program, one of the artists she worked for took particular interest in her and offered a job at a university he worked for as well as a chance to collaborate rather than working under him. When RJ accepted, she realized he expected things she wasn’t willing to give him.
The falling out was rough and her reputation in her previous art community was slandered, so she left to find somewhere she could start over entirely, Loudwater.

3881E6E5-2DB0-471F-AA1D-877A7203757F.jpeg
PHYSICAL
Appearance:
Hair color: Blonde, darker at roots
Eye Color: grey
Height: 5’6”
Build: Lanky and Boyish

Skills & Abilities:

• Educational background in art history, cultural anthropology, human anatomy, and contemporary art
  • Painting, ceramics
  • Has extremely steady hands
  • Strong swimmer from being formerly competitive
  • Welding and woodworking
  • A small studio RJ basically live in against code
  • Her bike and an old car that doesn’t work half the time
  • Her sketchbook and extensive Chomsky collection
FLUFF

Hobbies:

• Gardening
  • Making her own work (painting)
  • Collecting and cataloguing
  • People watching
Quote\s:
  • “If I was working hard enough I wouldn’t be in bumfuck nowhere”
  • “I can’t sleep I need to stare at this painting for about five more hours or until it tells me what I did wrong.”
  • “Everything’s fine if I don’t talk about it”
  • “It’s pretty stupid to think you have to make something entirely new to live a meaningful life. Linda Nochlins most groundbreaking writings come from paying attention to things that have existed prior to her”
  • “Kiddo”
Theme:

BASIC INFORMATION

Name: Marion J. Faucher

Aliases: The Conductor

PERSONAL

Sexuality: Bisexual

High Concept: Marion is the conductor and composer for the Prismatic Orchestra of the town’s own personal concert house. If his music has a tendency to cause insanity, sudden bouts of uncontrollable emotion, murderous urges, hallucinations, hysteria, and or sudden death that is merely an unfortunate side effect. You have agreed to be subjected to such effects upon purchase of a concert ticket, as stated in the concert house brochure. He also may or may not be a cult leader.

Affiliations: Prismatic Orchestra

Backstory: A talented musician who desired to make music that no one has before. Because of this most cannot handle his music so he created his own orchestra to find like-minded individuals who also desires to create transcendent pieces. Such was how the Prismatic Orchetra was born, a place filled with rabid music fanatics, led by Marion himself. He and his entourage moved to Loudwater to find inspiration and people capable of listening to his music.

PHYSICAL

20200526_022620.jpg

Skills & Abilities:

• Good at keeping time
  • Music
  • Eldritch Music
  • All things music
  • Can make some very good cookies

• Owns the Concert hall (is sound proof due to town complaints) which is equipped with a living area for all those apart of the Prismatic Orchestra
  • Plenty of musical instruments.
  • The Orchestra. A fanatic group of musicians who follow Marion. Believing he will be able to orchestrate a piece that will make them ascend pass humanity. (The orchestra came to this belief after listening to the eldritch whispers of Marion's music)

Hobbies: Compose, create, play and conduct music. Induct people into the Orchestra. Politely of course. Trying new things. Experience life to the fullest.

Quote\s:
“Now now, just music? Music is inspiration, a reflection of people’s thoughts and emotions. It can be an archive history, of ideas. Music is life itself giving form.”

“What a wonderful concert it was. Unfortunately there were no survivors tonight but alas sacrifices in the name of music.”

“The Orchestra? My dear musicians? Why we’re all one harmonious family. A strong bond has brought us together so that we may show the world the true beauty that is song.”

"A day isn't complete without trauma and near death experiences. Its makes for a great song."

Theme: I imagine him performing this at one point.

Last edited:
c721c1749c63a27ba55fa6cfef6a50467206165100911746599.png

BASIC IMFORMATION

Name:
Marisol Renne Fournier

Aliases:
Mari, Miss Fourneir

PERSONAL

Sexuality:
Bisexual

High Concept:
A passionate Cafe shop owner who has too many bills to pay

Cafe shop owner

Affiliations:
Marisols Cakes and Coffee Cafe, Loudwater Public Library (mostly borrows cooking books)

Backstory:
Marisol was born in a small family in Loudwater, with only a father and two siblings. She graduated with a degree in culinary arts, which her father proudly boast to his colleagues. Right after graduating she made her dream cafe, she thought it she finally settled down comfortably, however her plans didn't exactly go in the way she hoped it would.

PHYSICAL

Appearance:
She's surprisingly small for her age, only 1.54 in meters. She has brown curly hair with golden tips, she dyes her tips a lot depending on her mood. Oversized shirts and tight pants are her thing, she thinks she'll look taller if she wears those kind of stuff, sadly, it doesn't work, she looks even tinier.

Skills and Abilities:
Skilled cook, Bilingual, Sharp Hearing, Extremely good with a knife, Full attention to small details, knows every street and buildings

Other items and belongings:
Scooter bike for delivery and personal use, Owns a lot of cooking materials, Cooking books galore, owns a small cafe shop

FLUFF

Hobbies:
Cooking, Reading, and Ingredients shopping

Quotes:
"What does the other Cafes have that mine don't?"

"I need more flour"

"Please, no running and loud talking inside, thank you"

"Hello, and welcome to " Marisol's Cake and Coffee Cafe, how may I serve you?"

Theme:

BASIC INFORMATION
Name
: Susan 'Fate' Rieding
Aliases: Number Woman

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Aromantic, heterosexual.
High Concept: A woman with an odd knack for numbers and probabilities.
Affiliations:
  • Rieding Casino - Her own legal gambling establishment with which she makes a whole lot of money.
Backstory: (Can be kept secret.) And in fact, that is what I will do.

PHYSICAL
latest
Skills & Abilities:
  • Martial artist - Susan knows lots of martial arts and is, all around, a skilled CQC fighter, whether it is unarmed or armed.
  • Sharpshooter - Susan's time in organized crime led her to becoming adept with every type of firearm, but her expertise lies in handguns. Simple, small, concise, and deadly.
  • Incredible Numerate - Susan has the peculiar ability to be innately aware of numbers, probabilities, and all things concerning, in fact, numbers. This skill ranges from being able to calculate probabilities in mere moments, to being able to analyze architecture, calculate weak spots and plan a structural collapse with a few well-placed sledgehammer blows. Since the whole universe is based on numbers and math, there is very little that does not fall under Susan's peculiar skill.
  • Sophistry - The ability to talk eloquently brings people from street-level thugs to internationally-recognized leaders of shadow organizations.
  • A whole lot of money, safely stored in offshore bank accounts and anonymous credit cards for her to use at her leisure.
  • A wide arsenal of weapons that she legally owns within locked safes in her house.
FLUFF
Quote\s
:
  • "Philosophy is applied psychology is applied biology is applied chemistry is applied physics is applied mathematics. Math rules over all science."
  • "Money is but a social construct. It is socially accepted that a sheet of particular paper with a particular weight, shape and color has a certain value. And that very concept can be exploited."
Theme:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back