• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

(LostInYou and Ghastly) Yanderes Being Yanderes

"It's all about the sushi I've heard" Saki stated. "I'm ordering a Super Dragon Saiyan Roll."

Suzu didn't care, she was still eyeing how Hikari was still close to her Senpai. Still, smiling brightly as ever, she looked over the options. "I prefer a nice green tea. And ooo, this sashimi looks good."

"What's with you and raw, Suzu." Saki closed her menu, raising her hand for the waiter. "Dragon Roll for me and sashimi for her and...Shino what did you want again?"

"Oh, just a bento box." Shino smiled. "I do like this salmon teriyaki."

As everyone ordered, Shino dug back into her bag, before suddenly giving a small gasp. "Oh dear...I forgot my vitamins..."

Saki just shrugged her shoulders. "C'mon Shino, you can live one day without your pills."

"No, I need to get-"

"It's okay, Shino, I saw a drug store nearby." Suzu stood up. "I'll be right back."

She quietly departed out the building and walked across the street, keep a watchful eye through the window to make sure Hikari wasn't trying anything. So far, she'd been talking with Hiro, so she wasn't too worried. After all, Hiro wasn't a Senpai.

As she fetched the pills for Shino, Suzu noticed a box of laxatives in the shelf across. Magnesium hydroxide was often used to help combat constipation, and often was used to help expel bowels. Turning back to the counter, she saw that they were easily dissolvable and quite quick.

No Suzu, that's not fair. Hikari isn't doing anything. She's friendly. You said it yourself...

Suddenly, her mind flashed back to that moment she put her hand on his shoulder. She'd just met the guy! How could she be comfortable enough to put her hand on him. It was clear that she wanted him. And Suzu wasn't going to let that slide.

Suddenly, she imagined Hikari grabbing her stomach as she made a desperate trek to the bathroom. A giggle escaped her lips, causing the clerk to look up in confusion. Grabbing a box of the laxative, she proceeded to the checkout. "Sorry, my friend just posted the most hilarious joke on her-"

"Yeah, yeah, here's your total, miss." The guy didn't even let her finish, his interest now extinguished. Smiling, Suzu walked back, hiding the receipt and box in her own bag as she sat herself at the table.

"Here, Shino. Don't worry, it's on me." Suzu handed her the pills.

"Oh Suzu..." Shino frowned. "I don't want to-"

"Please, let me. I was in such a rush to get to the arcade I made you forget your pills. It's the least I can do. In truth, she didn't want Shino to see what else she'd purchased.

Sure enough, she could see the waitress hovering over their drinks. Flashing a mischievous smile, she rose up. "Hang on a sec, I think they're holding our drinks hostage."

She ran to the waitress, putting on her best impression of an eager-to-please customer. "Oh umm, is it okay if I deliver these?"

Grabbing the drinks, she popped a capsule in all but hers and Carter's. The thing fizzled a bit, but after that, it was practically invisible.

Saki simply shook her head when Suzu came back. "Planning on being a waitress, Suzu?"

"Maybe." Suzu stated smugly. "Although I think you'd make an excellent waitress, Saki."

"Oh please." Saki took her drink from the platter.

Suzu, however, carefully delivered the untampered cup of coffee to Carter. "Allow me please."

Then, she made sure her own tea was sitting at her side of the table. As much as she regretted doing this to Shino and Saki, it was a sacrifice she had to make. Besides, they could all socialize in the bathroom.

Sitting back down, Suzu merely continued to smile, staring right at Carter as they mingled.

Carter smiled when Suzu delivered his drink, thanking her softly before stirring the hot liquid for several moments as he listened to Hiro and Kai socializing. Of course, they weren't the only ones, but they were the closest to him so their conversation was easily heard. They were talking with Hikari about various after school activities to indulge in if she wanted to.

"There's a newspaper club. Kai's a part of it. He acts like some sort of evil dictactor when he holds meetings. But nobody has quit yet so I guess he isn't too hard on them. So if you're into journalism you could probably ask him if he has a position open for you."

"You make it sound like the club is all that inspiring. We haven't had many good stories recently." Kai sighed and took a drink from his cup. He seemed disappointed about the newspaper club. Justly so, since he had a passion for writing.

"That's unfortunate to hear." Hikari murmured, feeling bad for the condition of the newspaper club.

"Don't worry about it. The club gets in a slump pretty often. It'll get better for them sooner or later. You should seriously consider some clubs though. They're a good way to meet new people."

"I was going to join a club once. Some kind of Music Appreciation thing or somethin'. Anyhow, apparently they not only enjoyed music but were quite adapt in playing instruments. I left because I was too embarrassed by the fact I can't actually play any instrument. But Hiro was in it for a little while. He's well versed in the saxophone." Carter admitted, taking a sip of his coffee. He was careful, seeing as it was still steaming from the heat.

Hiro, who was in the middle of a drink, nearly choked.

"I thought we weren't going to talk about that." He grimanced at the thought of those times.

"I also thought you weren't going to use my middle name til you beat me at a game." Carter retorted with a smug grin. "So we were both wrong."

Hikari smiled at their antics, seeing their happy expressions despite the hostily that could be interpretated through their words.

Suddenly, Hiro lightly gripped his stomach. He appeared somewhat distressed and concerned, but he didn't voice any worries.

"Everything alright, Hiro?" Kai asked, tilting his head.

He nodded, but he seemed uncertain.

"Uh....yeah....I'm just....If I may be, I'm going to excuse myself for a moment or two." With that, Hiro slid out of the booth and rushed to the bathroom.

It didn't take long, but it seemed that Kai and Hikari also had some kind of issue and had to be excused.

"I wonder what's going on...." Carter said softly, uncertain of what was causing everyone to retreat from the booth so suddenly.

As they talked about clubs, Saki immediately brought up the choir club. "We even have karaoke nights too! Choir club is that important!"

Shino simply shook her head. "I often like the photography club. Suzu could probably tell you more."

"Oh...well it's nothing special." Suzu chuckled. "It's really great to see the snapshots you can get out of life."

However, one by one, Suzu could see her obstacles crawl towards the bathroom. It was working! By the time Carter asked if something was wrong, his entire side was empty.

"I dunno..." Saki shrugged, before suddenly gripping her stomach. "Oh gosh..what did they use for this?"

Soon, Saki was being carried away by Shino to the bathroom, leaving just Carter and Suzu by themselves.

"Oh my...do you feel alright Carter?" Suzu asked, even though she already knew the answer. No more Hiro or Kai to get in her way. Smiling to herself, Suzu patted her stomach. "Hmmmm, I knew it was a safe option to go for the green tea."

Carter seemed a little uneasy though, perhaps at the sudden absence of his group mates, but Suzu didn't care. This was supposed to be her date. They just tagged along.

Deciding to play off the subject, Suzu leaned in a tad closer, mainlining her pleasant tone as she spoke. "Oh well, it's a little strange, don't you think? We're the only ones left. Funny how life works like that?"

She did feel a little concern though about Carter's behavior. She noticed that he hadn't been himself since the competition. "You know, you should try to go back to the music club. It seems like it's something that you really want to do."

Carter did feel rather strange since his buddies left. He would spend most of the time listening to their chats if they were here. But since they'd left, he was having to provide all means of conversation for Suzu. Which would likely end horribly for him. She was probably too worried about Saki and Shino to want to partake in a friendly chat.

However, she was talking to him. Perhaps she was using it as a way to make herself feel better. She could be talking with him to help her brush away her concerns for her friends. So he'd do his best to help her keep her mind away from the misfortunate events that had struck them by being friendly and easygoing.

"I feel alright, Suzu. Thanks for asking though....You're okay, right? I suppose it's rather difficult to mess up tea...but I want to make sure...." He smiled softly while stirring his coffee still. "I'd like to think the coffee is safe too, but I'm not sure I should take any chances."

He thought over some of the other things she'd said. After another moment or two of stirring and worrying over the condition of his friends, he leaned against the table and turned his cerulean orbs on Suzu.

"Life is rather strange, huh? I don't mean to say I'm glad this happened but I was actually thinking about how you and I have never really hung out by ourselves before. I'd felt rather bad over the matter because I didn't want you to think I didn't enjoy your company. Odd how fate seems to bring about things like this."

He was pleasantly surprised by her words. She was suggesting he rejoin the club? He chewed on the inside of his cheek uncertainly. "I'm not sure about that. I've never been a musician. I'm not talented in that area, I guess. I just think that the various instruments are so beautiful to listen to. I'm not really sure they'd appreciate my presence, y'know? Since I can't play at all while they're performing grand pieces of sheet music." He chuckled softly, almost feeling slightly better than before.

He had been down since the competition. He was more disappointed in himself really, but he didn't want to dwell on the matter. After all, the chat with Suzu was making his spirits perk up. He would enjoy it while it lasted. "Since you're in photography....can't I see your pictures one of these days? I'd really like to see what you captured in those lens. If you didn't mind.....of course. I mean, just to see what it is you've gotten out of life, y'know?" He suggested, rubbing the back of his head anxiously for purposing such a request. He didn't want to embarrass her after all.

It wasn't fate. Suzu thought darkly. Fate wants to try and keep you away, but it only drives me to want you more. Oh Carter, when will you realize that you don't need anyone else.

As always, he was trying to be modest again. Suzu shook her head. "Oh but Carter, you should try. I mean, you've got wonderful talent and no club runs on just musicians. There are dozens of people in the background that are needed. Why, I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you'd find a nice little niche too."

She could see he was being more open now. At the mention of her photos, however, Suzu's heart skipped a beat. She'd been so busy thinking about Carter that the mention of her photos made her immediately jump to the conclusion that he knew about her photos of Yuki or even of himself.

Even now, she could vividly remember each one. At first, they were just passive shots from the bushes but then they progressively got more and more invasive. At one point in time, she'd almost followed him all the way home. She remembered sitting up in a tree, trying to get a better picture of his face in the moonlight. At that moment, she could see a dog barking from down below.

For a second, she feared she'd be dragged off by the cops, but for some reason the neighbors must have been out and Carter was too exhausted to care. Thankfully, the dog had indeed barked up the wrong tree. Grabbing a rather heavy branch, she proceeded to slowly climb down before leaping onto her prey. With a sickening crunch, she managed to silence the annoying pest and continue with her work, snapping picture after picture.Finally, after sorting through the blurred or misaligned photos, she found her gem.

That was her most prized possession. She'd often attach it to a pillow and cuddle right next to it, pretending that was snuggled next to her love. But alas, it was only a temporary fix.

However, it soon dawned upon her that Carter simply asked for her usual photos. "Oh I could show you some photos. I usually like getting the daily hustle and bustle of things really. But I can always print you an album if you want."

She looked outside, seeing the sun slowly set over the skyline. "Hmmm, I always wanted to do night panoramas, but my parents think it's too dangerous and I only have a bike."

"Oh, I'd love an album. If it isn't any trouble. I know you've probably taken many glorious shots. To ask for them all together is probably a difficult task. I can always just see some of the shots you have readily available to save you the trouble." Carter chimed in, knowing he could suffice with just seeing a glimpse of the artwork she'd crafted with a snap of a button.

Of course, photography was much more than that, but he'd never understood it. There were different angles to capture, lighting to adjust to, and numerous other complications he'd be unable to endure. He wasn't patient enough to capture such beauty in precise shots like that.

He slowly leaned back against the cushion of the booth. He folded his arms behind his head, looking at Suzu curiously.

"Dangerous? Would your parents be open to letting you take some if you had someone else with you? And a vehicle to take you in? If they'd let you do it then, I could definitely offer my assistance. Then again, I'd offer my help anytime you needed it." He smiled as he voiced his suggestion.

It may not be helping anything though. He suddenly thought, bitterly, before changing his mind. But it might. If she told her parents his idea maybe they'd be willing to let her get her panoramas.

He'd gone out with Kai once to take pictures. But it wasn't any fun for him. He simply stood around watching Kai take closeups of various things. He didn't understand the point. At least, he assumed that was why it all seemed meaningless to him. Maybe he didn't appreciate photography. After all, once upon a time they didn't have such tools to capture a moment. Strange to think about really. Now cameras existed that could take numerous shots in a matter of seconds. Maybe getting to help Suzu would help him not take such technolgy for granted.

At the same time, why would he necessarily be the one to help Suzu anyways? How selfish of him to think he was her first choice. Saki and Shino would surely be the ones by her side through such an experience, if it ever happened. Or, even, her parents.

"Then again....I suppose....they could always take you to get the panoramas. They'd probably trust themselves with your safety moreso than they'd trust me. Heh. But that's alright. Either way, I hope you get to capture some nighttime panoramas sometime soon. I'm no good at picture taking or anything, but the city looks breathtaking at night. With all the lights. I think it could give Paris a run for it's money." He chuckled, glancing out the window to see the sunsetting. It was always beautiful how the sky blurred between pink and yellow in color as the sun dipped below the horizon. He wondered if Suzu had ever captured a picture of that before. "What do you think your best photo is? That you've ever taken?"

You, my love. Suzu smiles. "I don't know, I always say there's a better picture around the corner.

She could see that he was a tad nervous, if not embarassed, about offering her his own car. But Suzu was doing everything in her power not to scream with joy at the idea. "Actually, Shino and Saki don't have cars...and honestly I think my parents trust you. I've told them enough about you."

The truth was, she didn't think he'd even offer. But he had. He wanted her. He wanted to spend time with Suzu, not Hikari. Not Hiro. Not Kai. He wanted her! And wait! When did she say thank you? Standing up, she gave him a quick bow. "If that's alright with you though! I will pay for your gas and everything. Thank you so much!"

To anyone else, she was blushing with embarrassment, as if suddenly given a big favor out of the bloom and being too meek to take it. Still, she couldn't help but flash a devilish grin under her rather soft demeanor. If Carter was willing to take her out for a night of photo-taking, then she could do the same too.

There was a sense of urgency in the sound of his voice. Soon enough, she could see Shino and Saki trailing from behind. "Oh dear, what was in that drink?"

Saki just looked a little groggy. "Suzu, next time, we're busting this joint."

Last edited by a moderator:
Carter had blinked in surprise when Suzu stood and bowed to him to express her gratitude. Although, he honestly felt it wasn't required. They were friends, right? And it was rude of him not to extend his hand out to her when she needed it.

Though, he hadn't expected her to say yes. It seemed, through some miracle of fate, she still trusted him enough for the task even though they weren't the bestest of friends. Which, actually, made him quite happy.

Upon noticing the two girls reappraoching, he turned his attention to them. Despite their excusal earlier, they still looked rather dismayed. They must have still felt unwell. To be honest, he really couldn't blame them either.

"Shino....Saki....Do you guys need to go home? Or any help doing so? Hiro brought Kai in his vehicle....I could see if he could get somebody to come take him, Kai, and Hikari home? Then I could take you three home. It's probably best you two get as much rest as you can. Though I'm no doctor, so what do I know?" He chewed on the inside of his cheek uncertaintly before glancing to Suzu, hoping to get her opinion on the matter. "What do you think, Suzu?"

Of course, moments after he asked he heard the weary steps of his two best friends. He turned to see who it was before he quickly rushed to their sides.

"Guys, how are you feeling?" He asked, stepping in the middle of them and wrapping their arms around his shoulders to keep them steady, though they seemed to be walking fine.

"We're alright....Could be better. But, I can walk on my own." Hiro mumbled. Kai nodded in agreement.

"Oh." Carter breathed, letting go of the two and stepping back in front of them. "You two going home then?"

"I figured so. Seeing what this place's beverages did to me, I don't want to risk touching the food." Kai responded.

"Want me to call someone to get you?" Carter suggested, reaching into his pocket to retrieve his phone.

"No." Hiro waved his hand dismissively at Carter, shaking his head. "I think I can drive us. Are you taking them home?"

Carter glanced over his shoulder as his Hiro gestured to the other three before shrugging and saying,"I'm not sure yet."

After that, the three boys went to approach the girls, hoping to formulate a game plan.

Suzu could see the surprise on Carter's face, but managed to keep her cool. And then he offered her a ride home. Saki and Shino still looked sick, but that didn't matter. She would be with her love. At long last. Hikari wouldn't be an issue any more.

"I think it'd be best if I rode with Carter. I can take Shino and Saki in my house for the night till they get better." Suzu stated, looking at Hiro and Kai with a rather optimistic expression. "I don't mean to be rude, but my parents are only familiar with Carter."

She didn't bother checking on Hikari. Perhaps she'd learn to steer clear of Carter. If she tried anything else, Suzu wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty.

At that moment, however, another person stepped into the restaurant. The last person Suzu or anyone for that matter, expected to see.

"Yu-Yuki?" Suzu stuttered, surprised to see the girl wandering aimlessly around the building. What was more unusual was her school uniform. She hadn't even come to school. Why was she still wearing it?

Hiro and Kai had nodded in understanding at Suzu's statement. Carter's parents acted rather similiar. If they weren't used to you, they didn't seem as inviting. Although, they were used to people being over at Carter's house. That didn't matter. Carter had a responsibilty to take Suzu's and the other two girls to her house. They weren't going to get in the way of that, especially since they felt so ill still.

However, Hiro, Kai, and Carter all looked when they heard Suzu stutter. Hiro's mouth dropped in surprise while Kai stared in a rather unsure way, perhaps wondering if she was real or if that drink was making him imagine things.

Carter, too, seemed to be staring at Yuki with an air of disbelief. Concern, surprise, and bewilderment all seemed to register loud and clear on his face. Despite that, he quickly seemed to recover.

At that very moment Hikari materalized from the girl's room, looking like she wasn't too sickly, but tired looking nonetheless. Upon arriving next to Hiro and Kai, she glanced to the two of them and calmly asked,"What's going on? Why do you look so....caught off guard?"

Hikari was ignored by the three boys, who wore lost expressions. None of them exactly seemed to know what to do.

Kai shook his head, seeming to try to make the image of Yuki go away. Finally, he stopped. It obviously wouldn't work. She was real. She was here. But why? And in her school uniform, too? Wasn't she in the hospital? Wasn't she sick? He couldn't remember which story he'd heard about Yuki seemed he truest.

"Yuki....What are you doing here?" Hiro asked. "I mean....we've heard you weren't doing good. How are you? Are you better?"

Carter and Kai remained silent. They didn't know what to say. What could they say? Everything they'd heard was rumors. Horrifying truths likely warped and twisted until they were interesting enough to spread. What if she hadn't been sick at all? What if she just hadn't come to school?

Yet....why would she avoid school and then come here? She could potentially run into classmates....Was she here for a reason? A purpose?

Suzu finally tapped Yuki on the shoulder. "Hey, Yuki? What's...what's wrong?"

Turning around, the girl's face looked like she'd been through war. There were bags under her eyes and her hair was a complete mess. Falling to her knees, she began to sob.

This went on for a few minutes, enough so that a waiter had pulled her into a seat and given her a glass of tea. Suzu too sat across from her, concern painted on her face. However, in truth, there was only rage. How dare she come here. This was her chance to seal the deal with Carter, and now Yuki of all people had come?

"I...I...I...was going to walk to school...and go to the bridge...and..." Yuki fell back into her seat, continuing to sob. Even Saki and Shino at this point had managed to sit down, albeit their apparent sickness, and try to give her a comforting pat on the back.

"I, what happened Yuki?"

Unknown Caller
me
I just need more time pls!!
them
You must confuse me for someone who actually cares :)
me
why are u doing this?? I don't have any more money!!
them
I don't need the money. You do. You spend it all day on clothes and Riku and now you think I'm like you? No, the money is superficial, like yourself.
me
Then please, just have pity on me. I don't what I did to upset you sir, but I'm sure you can have pity on me.
them
You still don't get it. I enjoy this. Pay me or I send it to Mommy and Daddy or the news agency. Wouldn't that boost ratings?

"This...monster had pictures of me and Riku. I...we thought we were alone. I...I just wanted to keep it a secret because my Father is on the city council. I didn't want any rumors to spread. But...but I couldn't keep paying and the blackmailer kept taunting me, telling me they enjoyed this little game. They...I was so scared. I tried to steal from my parents but when they found the pictures..."

She clenched her fist. "I...I wanted to jump off that bridge. So badly. But...But I couldn't."

Hikari immediately tried to go to Yuki's side, but she was stopped by Hiro. Hiro and Kai hurriedly escorted her to the exit, knowing it would be best to explain the situation to her before she tried to dive into the situation and solve the distraught girl's problems.

Carter, however, stood there for several moments before moving over to the chair Yuki was sitting at. He knelt down so he could be eye level with the broken girl. He knew some wouldn't be as openminded to offering a helping hand. But, in this situation it didn't matter what his views on the scandalous pictures were. Yuki didn't need his judgement. Such opinions were for the safety of his mind. All he could do was try to raise her up instead of trying to continually break her down even further.

Delicately, he put a hand on her back and rubbed it back and forth in a soothing manner. He skimmed the messages quickly before turning his head to Yuki, smiling ever so gently. He acted like he was dealing with porcelain. Something fragile that needed to be handled with extreme care.

"Yuki...." He cooed lightly when he spoke, moving his free hand to grab a napkin and dab at the wet spots gracing her cheeks. "I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't be upset. Those messages are hateful and the struggles you've went through demonstrate a great deal of turmoil in my eyes. But....the simple fact you didn't jump off that bridge shows you how strong you are...."

He slowly set the napkin down and gave her a light pat on the shoulder before standing.

"Yuki, I'm going to make you a promise, 'kay?" He asked, tilting his head. "I'm going to work to find the person responsible for this. I don't you to hurt anymore....So I'll work as hard as I can to get this person and have them brought to justice. I don't want you to worry about it anymore, okay?" His voice, like velvet, was smooth. He was soft spoken in this situation, as if not wanting to startle her.

Strangely, Carter wasn't even really friends with Yuki. He'd spotted her a couple of times in the past and spoken to her before but they hadn't ever hung out. Yet, it didn't feel weird extending help to her. He had a strong sense for justice. More importantly, he loved helping people. He wanted to make people happy. And he would do anything he could to make her happy.

He promised himself he would.

And, of course, he worked to never break his promises.

Suzu couldn't hide it now. She saw as Carter stroked her back and talked softly to her. He was willing to show this side to Yuki of all people? The same Yuki that tried to destroy her. It wasn't fair! It wasn't fair!

How dare this pathetic excuse of a human being come in here and try to steal her Carter. Her Senpai. Suzu was clenching a fist at this point before slamming the table hard.

For a second, Saki and Shino looked at their friend in shock, surprised to see her so angry. However, Suzu quickly shook her head. "It's not fair!"

"What?" Shino gulped. "What's not fair...Suzu..."

It occured to Suzu that her outburst had been noticed by the group. They couldn't see this side of her. This side that wanted to strangle Yuki right there and then. She could feel her hand twitching at the idea. She could feel that desire, that strange desire that made her feel real.

"It's not fair that someone could hurt Yuki like that." Suzu stated flatly, finally taking a deep breath. "It's not fair that she has to bear the brunt of this malicious blackmailer. This...this...monster. How could a person do something like that? What kind of creep does it take?"

She leaned over, looking Yuki dead in the eye with a stare that might have been mistaken for an aggressive, almost predatory stare. "I'm going to find out who did this to you. And I'm going to bring them to justice."

Yuki just stood there, utterly shocked at how two people, one person who she knew well and the other who she had bullied before, been so forthright in demanding that they see her blackmailer served justice. "I...I...don't know what to say."

You could've jumped. Suzu thought angrily. You could've jumped.

Carter, despite standing right beside Yuki the entire time, was completely oblivious to how disgruntled Suzu's stare could've been percieved. Instead, he took it as a call for celebration in his head. He was relieved someone was assisting him in finding the blackmailer.

I'm happy to do whatever I can. He thought, smiling. But I'm glad I've got another pair of hands to help me out.

"There's no need to say anything, Yuki. So long as you can wipe away those tears and try to muster up a smile, I'm content." He reassured her by giving her a thumbs up and another light pat on the shoulder.

Despite the circumstances of the situation, he tried to remain upbeat and positive. Yes, it took a dastardly sort of person to commit such acts, but he couldn't beat himself up about the horriible people that dwelt on this planet. He needed to focus on the positive deeds individuals performed each and every day. He was taking a step to do something right. Yuki, too, had done good too by not jumping. And Suzu! She was going to help him work to figure this all out! These were just three people! There were millions - no, billions! - on earth! Surely most of them were good at heart. After all....Carter couldn't imagine a planet where that wasn't true.

"Now, Yuki.....Do you need a ride anywhere? I was going to take them to Suzu's house because Shino and Saki weren't feeling great. I can drop you off someplace you could stay. I just don't know if you want to go home right now. or if you had other arrangements..." He continued to be softspoken. He still felt like she was on the edge of collapsing even further. One bad push and she could fall too far for him to help. So, he'd happily walk on landmines to ensure all went well.

Suddenly, Carter's eyes lit up. "If you don't want to go home perhaps we could see if Suzu would let you stay with her as well?"

Of course, immediately after saying this his gaze was on Suzu, a wide grin along his lips at the idea. "What do you think, Suzu? Wouldn't that be good for her?"

Yuki looked at Suzu, smiling a bit but shaking her head at Carter's offer to go to Suzu's house. "I couldn't...impose on her."

"Oh it's no problem." Suzu said humbly. "I would be honored to help in any way I can." Maybe she could push Yuki off the roof then. It wouldn't be hard.

"I...no...Suzu. You've been so good to me, I think I stand a better chance walking home."

"At least let Carter take you there." Shino offered. "It's dangerous out there. Especially with that blackmailer on the loose."

"Yeah," Saki agreed. "For all we know, they might even be spying on you right now." Her eyes darted towards the waiters and other patrons.

"Well...okay...just a ride from Carter, but I refuse to impose on Suzu. She's...she's already done more than I ever deserved. I...I'm sorry about your collage. What I did was...terrible." Yuki admitted.

I could kill you for what you did. Suzu thought darkly, still maintaining her peaceful expression. "Let's not dwell on the past. Carter and I are going to try and help you to the best of our ability, okay?"

If Carter found out about anyone else she blackmailed, Suzu refused to believe it. This was a bad turn from the start. There were too many obstacles in her way. Hiraki was coming in from one angle, and now Yuki was trying to play the pitiful kitten to win points with Carter? Not to mention her own friends who seemed to want to hog Carter all to themselves.

It made her angry, almost furious even. Still, she had to hold her head up high. But she'd been foolish. She'd shown Yuki too much of her true self. Even if it couldn't be traced back to her, she knew it would only make Carter more determined.

He couldn't understand it yet. She hadn't been able to ease him in. She needed to keep her cool. Everything was going to work out after all.

Carter smiled, listening to the exchange with a pleasant feeling engulfing his being. Though Yuki had apparently been through much more than he could've thought, he was glad that she was indulging in their offers to help her by any means necessary. She wasn't going to stay at Suzu's house, but that was okay. Yuki probably needed to go home and be with her family anyways. Carter loved to help people, but even he knew sometimes during the worst times of your life the people you really want to be around are relatives.

After all, relatives are blood. They surely wouldnn't abandon one of their own, right?

Sometimes, even he had his doubts about that idea.

"Great! Now we can ensure Yuki will be safe on the way home! Do we need to come pick you up tomorrow? That is, if you're coming to school? Though it makes sense if you're not coming back to school just yet." He said. "I mean, I just wanted to check. I'm sure none of us want that blackmailer to do anything to you while you're alone. So, just, keep us in the loop? Please?"

Though he wasn't necessarily concerned that Yuki wouldn't contact them regarding her issues, he was afraid of the things the blackmailer could say or do to her while she wasn't with a trustworthy person.

Honestly, his biggest concern over Yuki not staying with Suzu was what would happen once she walked through the doors of her house. What would her family do? What had they already said? Could they stir the pot even worse? Trigger something within Yuki that would inspire her to consider leaping from a bridge again? He was worried if she was left alone with her thoughts long enough the idea would pop back into her head and she'd try to hurt herself.

Then again, he wasn't an expert on any of these matters, he just worried too much for his own good.

But, perhaps his worries were well founded. If she'd considered it before, why wouldn't she again?

He brushed away such concerns for the moment. He couldn't think like that. It had crossed her mind before, but she was stronger than those thoughts. She hadn't gone through with it. That's what mattered....

"Well, guys, it is getting late. Should we load up? I don't want to keep you guys out all night. Especially with all the various things that have happened this evening." He suggested, referencing Yuki's troubles and most of the group's drink issue.

His smile and brighteyed appearance belittled what he felt on the inside. The day appeared to have drained him. It was evident in the small details nobody paid attention to. His smile didn't seem as full. His eyes didn't retain their usual glow. He carefully shifted his fidora so his facial features wouldn't be as noticable. Despite the exhaustion that was slowly dragging him down, he figured he wouldn't sleep much tonight.

But, of course, that could be the least of his problems.

Suzu nodded, but not before she took careful note of the pain Yuki was causing Carter. Sure, he seemed all gung-ho and happy, but she could see he was anything but. She noticed the change in his facial expression. The same tension she sometimes carried when she didn't want to act the part of Suzu the Simple. Carter was clearly hurt by this first date. Everything had just gone so wrong.

Yuki had done that.

She wanted to hurt her for hurting her Senpai, but she also understood she was in hot water as it was. Carter was on her trail, and if he found out, he'd never accept her. Yuki would probably try to give him more information too.

There weren't many options left, but she quietly helped her friends into Carter's car, now staying in the back as Yuki took the front. It was better that way. It looked better that way.

Carter made sure that everyone was safely tucked inside the car. After, he slid himself into the driver's seat and put the key in the ignition. As he turned the key and started the vehicle, he jumped slightly when the radio began to resume what he'd had playing before he turned off the car. His composure quickly resurfaced as he realized it was just a saxophone instrumental he had on an old CD. Smiling softly, he turned down the volume so the girls could share small talk if they'd like.

At least the sudden disturbance had make him more awake. He was thankful for that. After all, he hated driving while feeling tired. It always worried that he'd get involved in an accident. And, also, that it would be his fault.

"Yuki, I'm sorry to ask this of you. But I don't know the exact directions to your home. Mind helping me?" He put his hand on the shifter, expectantly waiting for her answer before he went on. He didn't bother asking Suzu asking where she lived. He knew where she called home. Though he'd never exactly been inside, he'd ran by there from time to time. It was always temporary, fleeting visits. Visits that ended with him running along to do something else.

It seemed most of his relationship with Suzu involved him running to someone else. He hoped that would change soon. It made him feel so selfish, to not make time for a friend of his.

He frowned, disappointed in himself he couldn't go five seconds without thinking something negative. Strange, really, because he thought of himself as a optimistic person.

To reassure himself, he tapped his fingers against the steering wheel along to whatever was on the radio now. Though it was soft, he still managed to make out what was playing.

Listening to music always made him feel better. Right now wouldn't be any different. He even mustered another small smile.

That would surely made everyone feel better, right? And that's what mattered.

That's all that ever mattered.

"Oh yeah, my phone has it on GPS." Yuki began to read out the directions to him as Suzu watched over her friends, ensuring neither of them fell onto the other.

She could see him smiling back, perhaps trying to lighten the mood. Seeing that her two friends were fast asleep, Suzu smiled back. "Thank you for the ride, Carter."

Her eyes then darted to Yuki. Blackmail had certainly failed, so what did she have left? There wasn't much she could do. No...there was one thing. She was taking careful note of where Yuki lived.

By the time they reached it, Yuki had already hopped out and waived goodbye as she stepped inside. Surprisingly, Yuki didn't live as far as Suzu expected. Perhaps there was one last thing she could do.

Her mind was still drifting back to that game she'd played with Carter. How defensive she'd been and how she waited for the last second before striking with all her might. Even now, she played it cool, preferring to act like a mother doting over her two friends than her actual motive, staring and gazing upon Carter.

"Oh, it's no problem. I'm just glad I could help." Carter responded shortly after Suzu's expression of gratitidue. Once he pulled up to Yuki's house he had waited for Yuki to get safely inside of her house before expertly driving in the direction of Suzu's house. He kept his eyes on the road, though there weren't many cars out at this time of night. Most people were already tucked away in their beds by now.

He watched the houses he went by attentively, not wanting to miss the girl's house.

Upon arrival, he pulled into Suzu's driveway with expert precision. He put the vehicle in park and proceeded to get out so that the other three could also slip out of the vehicle.

"We're here." He said, smiling. He bent down to peer into the vehicle. "Saki and Shino are asleep, eh? Should we carry them inside? I'm not sure if we should wake them since they weren't feeling well."

He then straightened back up, shoveling his hands in his pocket. He wasn't trying to rush Suzu by offering his assistance, although he was looking forward to getting back to his bed and going to sleep. He hoped that this desire didn't translate into the tone of his voice.

He actually felt bad he had that feeling. He didn't feel like all that much had happened today that was physically exhausting. Maybe it was just the stress of the video game competition and the sudden problems with his friends. Those emotional and mental burdens were probably the toll on his energy.

"Nah, I have them." Suzu took her two friends in, having them lie down on the couch after waking them up and leading them inside.

Coming back outside, she smiled at Carter, before moving up and giving him a hug. "Will you be alright driving home, Carter?"

Regardless of the answer, she knew Carter had to go home. But she'd at least give him a hug before so. Holding him tightly, she'd whisper.

"Thank you so much Carter. I don't think I'd be half the person I am today if it wasn't for you."

----------------------------

After all was said and done, however, Suzu would quietly go into her room, opening a small wardrobe where she kept a certain costume she never really could get rid of. It was a rather silly costume, one she'd gotten from an old horror movie that hadn't really sold that well here.

The outfit itself was a pure black robe-like hood, complete with her own work gloves and boots. Finally, slipping on the ghostface mask, she checked herself in the mirror.

The defensive plays are over...it's time to end this.

Pulling out her phone, she texted Yuki to meet her at the rooftop. Sure enough, Yuki had jumped on the idea of meeting her friend, perhaps because she figured she could stop the blackmailer herself.

Hiding in a corner, she waited for Yuki to reach the top of the parking garage.

"Alright..." she said, hiding a knife behind her back. "Where are you?"

Silently moving forward, Suzu suddenly wrapped her hand around Yuki's neck, forcing her to drop the knife as she pushed her forward. However, she misjudged Yuki's strength, she managed to claw at Suzu's face, grabbing the mask and tearing it free.

"Su...Suzu?" Yuki managed to mouth, looking her directly in the eye.

"Oh dear." Suzu smiled, her eyes blank and emotionless. "You really should have jumped, Yuki."

Grabbing her by the legs, Suzu lifted Yuki by the heels, throwing her over the ledge and listening to her squeals before she heard a dull thud and sickening crack.

Reaching down, she pulled up her mask. "Poor humpty dumpty...too bad you never said my collage was worth a second look through."

Carter had blinked at Suzu's words. After she walked up to the house he went through the routine of getting in his car, though he was flabbergasted by the whole idea that he'd somehow changed Suzu's life. Really, he was just a figure that lingered on the sidelines. Regardless, he decided to take the compliment she'd given him and carry on. He had to get home soon. His parents would be worried if he came home too late.

So, he headed home. The drive was mostly quiet. His radio played lightly in the background. He listened to his car as it glided along the well beaten path prepared for him. It was almost calming, like the sound of rain. Thankfully, he wasn't drowsy enough to go to sleep because of the serene environment presented to him.

He got home and went inside, locking the front door behind him. His parents had already went off to bed, but there was a note on the front door telling him they hoped he had a good night out. He smiled at the note and peeled it off and taking it upstairs with him so they'd know he'd gotten it when he came in.

Once he got to his room he got ready for bed and went to lay down. It didn't take long before he was passed out, having faded into the abyss of slumber.

The next morning his alarm clock rang, causing him to turn over and press the button to turn it off. As he turned, he came into the right position for the sun to hit him in the face. His eyes opened slowly, glancing around the room before he sat up abruptly, rubbing at his eyes and trying to rub the tiredness away. He succeeded, slowly crawling out of bed with more energy to his step.

He got dressed just in time for his mother to call him downstairs. He hurried down the stairs and met up with the horror filled expression his parents both wore as they gathered around the television. Apparently something on the news was upsetting them. He could only imagine what it was.

"What is it, mom?"

"C'mon, son!" His mother used her hand to wave him over, mouth agape at the footage. "This is too terrible to try to explain. It's about one of your classmates, I think!"

Hearing what it was about, Carter quickly rushed to the television. He huddled in with his parents. Just in time to catch more shocking coverage of what could only appear to be a suicide or a homicide. At this point, nobody was really sure which one it was. All they knew was that a young girl by the named of Yuki had died. It was all a mystery of what happened though.

"Do you know this girl? Yuki?" His father asked as he turned to him, deciding to turn off the program, as if it would get rid of what they'd all just seen.

Carter simply nodded, feeling sick at his stomach. He just remembered last night. Seeing Yuki so distraught. So upset. He had comforted her. He had promised to try to help her. He made a promise to his friend.

What if his friend had been killed by the blackmailer? Because they'd seen people were on their tracks? They'd done it to get Yuki to stop talking, surely!

He wanted to grieve for the loss of his friend, but another part of him wanted to avenge his friend's passing. It couldn't have been a suicide. She couldn't have decided to take her own life.

Standing abruptly, he rushed out to his back porch as he dialed Suzu's number. He needed her help with this.

More importantly, he needed someone to talk to.

Suzu had slept in a little but by the time she did awake, she awoke to good news. Shino and Saki were both staring at the TV in horror, shaking their heads.

"Oh Suzu, it's simply terrible." Shino was the first to answer. "They found Yuki's body!"

"Oh dear?" Suzu feigned surprise. "Do they know what happened?"

"The police are saying for now it looks like suicide." Saki answered grimly. "But everyone else says murder. If she wanted to commit suicide, why in such a public parking lot and why then? Why not later? The police are also trying to figure out who may have been blackmailing her for further information."

Suzu shook her head, sitting down. "She was just there. She seemed better, it just doesn't make sense. It has to be murder."

"Oh Suzu, don't say such things." Shino shook her head. "The idea of some murderer on the loose is scary enough, but he targeted one of our friends."

At that moment, Suzu's phone rang and she immediately checked the id. It was Carter. Hiding her smile, she picked it up. "Carter, I just saw the news and they said Yuki was dead. Possibly murdered?"

"Oh." Carter breathed out, as if somewhat disappointed that such unfortunate news had already reached his friends, burdening them with grief.

At least I don't have to tell them myself. He thought suddenly. I don't think I could bear it....Admitting that she's truly gone.

He pulled together his composure. He couldn't let tears slip now. This was an important moment. He had to delve deeper into this mystery. He couldn't let go of it yet. He wouldn't believe it was suicide. Yuki wouldn't give up that easily. Not when she had the assurance that her friends had her back. Someone murdered her. Someone, likely the blackmailer, hurt her.

Only a ruthless, cruel person would do that.

Only a person who'd never known love could accomplish something so devastating.

He shook his head. That was the anger talking. The fury that loosing a love one brought. He couldn't let that consume him. He had to stay cheerful through this difficult time. He had to hold onto whatever positive thing he could.

"I know. I saw the news footage....Mom and dad showed it to me. I think it's linked to the blackmailer. We need to figure out who did this. Soon." The determination in his voice was clear. His intentions, too, were unchanging. He'd find who did it. He'd bring them to justice. "Because I refuse to believe it's suicide. You believe me, right? Or do you think that's crazy?"

"You know I believe you, Carter." Suzu stated softly, although the determination in his voice did alarm her. It was obvious that her love was not use to this, and now he wanted to find the blackmailer. Suzu needed to figure out a scapegoat soon and quickly. She couldn't harm Shino or Saki, but perhaps one of Carter's friends?

"Carter, I'm scared for you though. If you're right, what if this killer starts stalking you? What if they kill you?" Suzu would never hurt her Senpai, but she needed to drive him away. She had to somehow destroy the determination that he held.

"Please, think about it. If this person killed Yuki, they're ruthless. They might start hurting you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back