• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lost Guardian (Rhodochrosite & LittleMuse)

Jack Frost

giphy.gif

The Lost Guardian

{ Darkness. }

{ That's the first thing I remember. It was dark and it was cold. And I was scared. But then ... then I saw the moon. It was so big and it was so bright and it seemed to chase the darkness away. And when it did ... I wasn't scared anymore. }

A floating silhouette descended on a rooftop. The moment his bare feet grazed the wooden ledge, frost sprouted from his feet.

{ Why I was there, and what I was meant to do - that I've never known. And a part of me wonders if I ever will. }

Moonlight beamed on the silhouette, revealing a tall, but slender adolescent. His skin was deathly pale, hair the color of freshly fallen snow. His eyes were a startling icy blue, resembling brilliant crystals. He wore a white v-neck undershirt, brown vest, and brown trousers. A brown poncho draped over him, seemingly protecting him from the cold. However, the cold didn't bother him. Not anymore. He clutched a long wooden staff with a curved hook-like end in his right hand, the staff propped on the roof vertically.

{ My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? The moon told me so. But that was all he ever told me... }

The winter spirit surveyed his surroundings, inspecting the clusters of viking-like houses. He spotted a few dragons here and there, mainly the smaller buggers. Jack heard about this island, a village of dragon
riders, not dragon hunters. In all his years, which wasn't much, he never heard such a thing. Jack traveled long and far to see things for himself. And he wasn't disappointed. Somehow, this island made him feel nostalgic. But he didn't know why. Jack never visited this island ... right? He couldn't remember. His earliest memories were the lake, including the man of the moon. Anything before, if there was anything before, was lost. Erased the moment he opened his eyes and gazed upon the moon.

"I think winter will come early this year," Jack murmured. He hopped off the ledge, sliding down the roof. A path of ice trailed behind him, spreading throughout the rooftop. He jumped off the roof, using the wind to propel him in the sky. Jack flew across the air, utilizing his staff to produce snow. Many, many years passed since his rebirth. Jack lost track how long, but he knew it wasn't a substantial amount. Ten years? Twenty? He couldn't remember. To him, it felt like a lifetime. He was alone and completely isolated. Not only Jack didn't know his purpose, he couldn't be seen. Child, adult, animal - it didn't matter. He tried and tried, but nothing worked. People didn't believe in him. Jack attempted contacting the man of the moon, begging for answers. But he never received an answer. He wasn't certain why the moon saved him, but there's one thing Jack knows.

And that is making winter. By the time it was morning, the island transformed into a winter wonderland. Instead of leaving, Jack lingered. He never encountered dragons before, at least not this close. They couldn't see him, but he couldn't help but feel fascinated. They were majestic creatures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Berk.. It hadn't felt the same in a year. Hiccup's father had died in the last battle, everything lately had been hectic. It had been five years sense he had went to see his friend in an old village and now he couldn't even leave. He was chief, the chief that ended up pushing his friends away. Toothless was always by his side, but, in the last year he had lost Astrid to an old friend named Heather. He wished them the best. He was fine, he had to worry about the clan now.

Waking up he could feel the fierce winter already starting. It came early, he had gotten up and walked outside with his trusty Toothless. "Gather the dragons! Keep them warm!" He called out orders before he watched Heather and Astrid land. He had sent them to see Jack, for some reason his friend was on his mind. He wanted them to bring him so he could ride a dragon, "Had you find him?"

Astrid frowned, "Hiccup.. He ha-" she was cut off from Hiccup yelling out to one of the dragons giving their rider a hard time.

"Later Astrid, I can't wait to see him," he said with a grin and took off to help with the dragons. Toothless to had met Jack and he could have sworn he saw someone on the roof for just a second. The whole 'can't see them' doesn't apply if you knew them and didn't know they had passed.

Jack Frost

giphy.gif

The Lost Guardian

Whoosh.

Scratch that. Dragons were dangerously extraordinary creatures. Jack avoided a flame burst from a small bugger. Terrible Terror? He never bothered remembering their proper names. It seemed dragons were capable seeing him. If the situation were different, Jack would feel overjoyed. Finally! After all this time, he could be seen! However, that feeling vanished quickly as it came. Dragons fascinated him, but he didn't
want to be seen by just dragons. They weren't his ideal companions. Even if they did pique his interest. After the small dragon stormed off, Jack glided higher in the air, surveying the cluster of vikings and their dragons. From the corner of his eye, he spotted a pair of twins pelting a brawnier boy with snowballs. Said boy attempted retribution, but the twins were nimble. Suddenly, his icy eyes glinted with mischief.

"Is that your best-"
Plop. A snowball smashed against the tall blonde's head. She wiped the back of her head, craning her neck back. "Tuffnut!" she growled, tackling her brother on the snow-covered ground. Before he could react, Ruffnut smeared a snowball against her brother's face.

"Ow, ow, ow, what did I do?" Tuffnut complained.

Unbeknownst to them, laughter reverberated off the walls, originating from the rooftop. Jack crouched on the ledge, holding a snowball. His staff was propped vertically on his left side. He glanced at the brawny-looking teen standing near a Monstrous Nightmare. Without a word, Jack hurled his snowball at the smug-looking boy.

"Who threw that?" Snotlout demanded, wiping snow off his face. His expression contorted with anger.

"I did," Jack murmured, knowing he wouldn't be heard. He hated being invisible, but he enjoyed these moments. Spreading mischief ... and fun.

Hiccup had finished helping an elderly couple to bring their dragon inside when he spotted his friends having fun. "You are meant to help round up the dragons." He ordered yet again. Toothless had watched, he was Alpha. The chief of dragons, the poor fellow had to learn that he couldn't always have fun either. He itched for it before he heard a voice. He turned to look at Jack, tilting his head to the side. It took a moment to realize who the white haired boy. The dragon grinned and walked over to him as if to say hello.

"Toothless lets take a tour to check on the others. Toothless?" He looked around and hadn't seen him. "That dragon," he groaned, walking to where he saw a tail swaying. He almost slipped seeing the white haired Jack. Toothless' tail had picked him up. "J-Jack? Why do you not have shoes on?" He rose a brow. "Its winter here all the time throughout the year. You'll get sick." First thing in five years and he says that? Whats with him?

Jack Frost

giphy.gif

The Lost Guardian

"J-Jack? Why do you not have shoes on?"

That voice. Jack knew that voice. Why did he know that voice? Where did it come from? Why was it familiar? All of the sudden, a salamander-like dragon plopped on the rooftop, startling Jack. He slid off the edge, plummeting into a large snowbank, face first. A groan elicited from his throat. "This is getting ridiculous," he muttered, voice muffled by snow. First, the obnoxious tiny bugger. Now, a friendly-looking salamander. With wings. Jack rose into a kneeling position, leaning against his staff. He shook his hair, snow sprinkling off his stark white locks. He lifted his head, noticing the dark dragon followed him, flanking a tall shaggy-haired teen.

"I don't get sick. Winter doesn't bo-" Jack cut himself off. His eyes widened completely, expression twisting with astonishment. Did he just - he did! He really did! Jack. He ... he said Jack! Does this teen believe in him? Him, of all spirits? A wave of euphoria washed over him. Jack levitated off the ground, clutching his staff tightly. He couldn't believe it! A believer! A real life, honest to Thor, belie- wait a minute.

He said Jack.

"Y ... You can see me?" Jack whispered. Despite his excitement, he finally registered the teen's words. The tall, shaggy-haired viking could see him. And hear him. He floated closer, inspecting the boy's face. Not a hint of recognition dawned on his expression. To him, the young adult was a stranger, including his friendly-looking dragon. Jack tilted his head, resting his temple against his staff. "Who are you?" he inquired underneath his breath. Jack leaned back, gliding backwards. Before he could react, a robust viking passed through him, eliciting a violent shiver. His form shimmered a icy blue, flickering like a spirit. Gods, Jack hated that feeling. He inspected the heavyset viking, failing to suppress his scowl.

"Hiccup! Snotlout and the twins disappeared. I can't find them and they were suppose to help me corral the remaining dragons," Fishlegs announced. His dragon, Meatlug, trailed behind him.

Hiccup ... Jack didn't recognize the name.

He frowned, of course he could see him. "Jack, you o-" He watched Fishlegs walk right through ack and he practically fell backwards. "What the f-" He looked up at Fishlegs. "They are probably cheking the outskirts." He cleared his throat. "Go have Astrid and Heather help you." He dismissed before looking back at Jack. He walked over and touched his shoulder. "Why can I touch you and they can't?"

Jack Frost

giphy.gif

The Lost Guardian

"Why can I touch you and they can't?"

Before he could react, the shaggy-haired viking touched his shoulder.
He legitimately touched his shoulder. Jack was too stunned to flinch. For so long, Jack was alone. Isolated from the world. Seemingly doomed to be invisible to humans. No one believed in Jack Frost. His name was a figment, or expression. Don't let Jack Frost nip your nose! Or It seems Jack Frost came early this year. Despite his short existence, phrases were made in his honor. Not that they were truly honorable. "You believe in me," Jack answered. He adjusted his grip on his wooden staff. He raised his hand, plucking Hiccup's hand off his shoulder. Compared to him, the viking's hand was warm. Since he was a winter spirit, Jack wasn't capable producing warmth. "I can't be seen by those who don't believe in me," he elaborated. Jack recalled his first night. He remembered the confusion, disbelief, and frustration. Why couldn't people see him? Hear him? Or touch him? He attempted contacting the man of the moon, but received no answers. Eventually, Jack figured it out. And he hated it. Oh Thor, he hated it. Now, this boy, or Hiccup, could see him. Why did the teen believe in him? What was his (Jack's) true purpose?

"So ... what's your name?" Jack inquired. He lifted his staff, levitating higher in the air. He landed on the edge of the roof, dangling his feet over the edge. Jack rested his staff on his lap horizontally. "And why do you believe in me?" he added. Jack leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. He stared at Hiccup, waiting for a response.

Had he lost his memory or something? "I met you a few years back right before winter." He explained, "I'm Hiccup and this is Toothless my dragon." He was so confused. "I have no reason not to belive in you Jack. I don't know what happend but I am your friend." He shoved his hand through his hair. He was so confused. "You okay?"

Jack Frost

giphy.gif

The Lost Guardian

"I met you a few years back right before winter."

A frown marred his lips.
What? He was Jack Frost, a winter spirit. No one believed in him. And all he brought was trouble. Or winter. How can Hiccup know him? "I think you got me confused with someone else," Jack remarked. Dear Thor, this was confusing. And overwhelming. He didn't know what to believe. Is it possible, though? Was there more to him than a simple spirit? Was he someone before? Hiccup could see him, so it couldn't be a coincidence ... right? For a moment, Jack cursed the man of the moon. Why didn't he receive answers? "I'm Jack Frost. I bring winter." And mischief, but Jack didn't bother mentioning that. To prove his point, Jack tapped the roof with his staff. Ice erupted from his staff, spreading across the rooftop. He raised his hand, formulating a snowball out of thin air. "See? Winter," he emphasized. Without another word, Jack tossed the snowball behind him, hitting an unsuspected viking. Jack levitated off the roof, commanding the wind to raise him higher.

"I don't know you, Hiccup," Jack announced. This was too confusing. He needed a breather. He turned around, flying off. Berk was an interesting place, but Jack didn't plan staying for long. Even if there was a human who believed in him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back