Lore5: TSJ Mass Combat rules...

Solfi

One Thousand Club
... I don't suppose one of you gentlemen have TheScreenJockey:s revision of the Mass Combat Rules (from the old EC-forums) lying about? It would be nice if those could be added to the articles list.

Admittedly some of the concerns raised by that thread on EC (the Brawl/Martial Arts thing, the absence of a War Ability) is going to be adressed in Exalted 2nd ed. However, although they are also going to include Mass Combat rules in the 2nd. ed core rules, I haven't seen them saying anything about changing them in any significant way.

I think they do need changing. They are way too clunky in the PG. TSJ:s adaption is the closest to a viable solution I've seen as of yet, and that thread was (for me) the most thought-provoking on the subject.

.... great job on the Lore5 section btw ... it seems to get prettier every time I check in   :) .

I beleive he laid that all out here.

I'd have no problem porting it over to Lore5.

memesis: What do you think about adding trees for custom Abilities, such as TSJ's "Tactics" and Jakk's "Fight"?

-S

Thanks Stillborn, you're a pearl.

Speaking of custom Ability trees, I thought I'd give you my two cents (which, of course, you are welcome to ignore):

Although I'm all for them, I think you shouldn't add them to the official structure you have going right now. They will muddy up the interface, and have the potential of becoming too many to handle in the future (granted, not many interested in such revisions right now, but one never knows).

Besides, such revision tend to be a one-article or one-article series job, so why not just keep them confined within the realm of article and alternate systems, to keep things consistent?

Stillborn said:
I beleive he laid that all out here.
I'd have no problem porting it over to Lore5.

memesis: What do you think about adding trees for custom Abilities, such as TSJ's "Tactics" and Jakk's "Fight"?

-S
Any admin can add any tree based on any trait they like.

Feel free to do the data-entry if you like.

memesis said:
Ok. I added a "Solar Tactics" tree (and deleted it) as a test. I assume in order for it to show up on the "Solar Charms" page, I'd have to edit the template, but how would I get "Tactics" added as a linkable Trait in the drop-down list?

-S

Stillborn said:
memesis said:
Ok. I added a "Solar Tactics" tree (and deleted it) as a test. I assume in order for it to show up on the "Solar Charms" page, I'd have to edit the template, but how would I get "Tactics" added as a linkable Trait in the drop-down list?

-S
The particular drop-down you're thinking of is there for convenience.  It does not need to be modified.

What would I modify to have "Tactics" show up in the list of (for example) Solar Charm Trees?

-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back