• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lore, Info, and Factions -∆- The Divine Vendetta

Croaker

Little Horned Boy
Greetings, and salutations! Welcome to The Divine Vendetta, a detailed dark fantasy role play about the factions of man and their war over advanced ancient technologies and the awakening of slumbering Gods.

• |Play Style|
    In The Divine Vendetta players will be siding with one of four warring factions and will be given full control over each group. I want this role play to be controlled by its players, with progress/guidance more or less given by me and a potential Co-GM. As a result of this desire, I've decided the four factions at odds with each other will be built from the ground up by the players, with a few guidelines from me to help keep things congruent. I'll also be making this world more or less open, so there should be a lot for players and their factions to do.
    The Divine Vendetta will also have a heavy PvP focus, as comes naturally for an RP about war. The story progresses via factions and their members interacting, as well as events that I will create. This is a roleplay about war amongst men and the judgment of Gods, so expect political intrigue, espionage, religious orders, bloody battles, and crusades.

Faction Leaders:
Slot 1: shadowz1995 shadowz1995
Slot 2: Foxagon Foxagon - Looking for potential partner
Slot 3: Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Faction Name:
Mercenary's Guild
634df0647e3795b62d98be83d7863300.gif
-The Crest of the Mercenary's Guild has gone through many changes over the millennium and depending on when a mercenary joined, they may be carrying a different emblem from their associates. That being said, the crest has always depicted a skull encircled in a fire originating from its mouth, somewhere in the design.
History/Origin:
Since the dawn of war, there have been those who have sought to profit from conflict. In this way, the Mercenary's Guild has always existed, though likely under a different guise in the past. This particular incarnation of the Mercenary's Guild rose from the ashes of civilization amongst the other warring kingdoms hundreds of years ago, and like a parasite, has latched on to every branch of humanity it could find, embedding itself deep in society. Because of this, a Guild House can almost certainly be found in every major city, each one of them packed to the brim with immoral cutthroats ready to make some coin for doing your dirty work.
Organization:
The Mercenary's Guild is known for running a tight ship. If it weren't for the company's neat and orderly manner, chances are it would never have been able to exist in the first place. The Mercenary's Guild prides itself in skirting the line between legalities, expertly weaving its way through red tape and contracts. Though no one has seen them personally, the Guild Master that runs the Mercenary's Guild is a bureaucratic mastermind and has been able to keep the company running smoothly and without the threat of political backlash from any kingdom or empire.

At the very ground floor of the Mercenary's Guild are, of course, the mercenaries. Mercenaries are people who do away with labels, they fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant to them. A mercenary buries their doubts as they bury their dead, lest they succumb to the grim touch of death themselves.
Above a mercenary in rank is a Headmaster. Headmasters are usually seasoned veterans retired from the sellsword business, now running their own Guild House. In the Guild House, a Headmaster and their employees are responsible for boarding other mercs, keeping an armory stocked and available, keeping job postings up to date, accounting and much more. A Headmaster's job is arguably much more difficult than a standard mercenary's, but once a mercenary has had their fill of death and bloodshed, a job as a Headmaster tends to sound rather appealing.
Mantra:
"We are the Mercenary
Our law is the contract, will of the employer
Our God is the Mercenary's Guild and its peoples, tether to this world
Blood for fortune, fortune for pride."

Code of the Mercenary:
I am a professional soldier. My equipment and comportment shall reflect this.
I may retake contract, at any time, but may not seek employment with the original employer's enemies for a length of time no less than the length of the original contract or current conflict.
I shall pay my membership fee on time, lest I be cast out from the guild.
I shall uphold my contract and perform my duties to the best of my ability.
I shall not betray my employer.
I shall not rape.
I shall not torture, loot or pillage without my employer's consent.
I shall not act in a pugnacious manner when in a Guild House.
I shall not seek to abuse my Guild House privileges.
I shall only ever hurt, maim or kill another member of the Mercenary's Guild if met on the battlefield or contracted to do so, but never on Guild House grounds.
If my employer betrays me, I shall seek redress through the Guild.
Upon completing my contract, I shall pay the respective Guild House its 10% cut of the earnings as well as covering the cost of any damaged equipment I had borrowed.
Code of the Guild House
The Guild House shall uphold its contract and perform its duties to the best of its abilities.
The Guild House shall not betray its employers nor its Mercenaries.
The Headmaster shall not post impossible nor suicidal missions for their mercenaries.
The Headmaster shall not deny a member of the guild entry into their Guild House unless that Mercenary seeks to break their code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back