• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy {Lore} An Adventure of Cowards

_ChickenWithTeeth_

Where did Joe come from? Where'd he go?
An Adventure of Cowards
{Lore Library}

Genres: Adventure, Medieval Fantasy, Drama °°° Status: Setting up °°° Semi-lit to Novella
{
Interest Check} °°° {OOC} °°° {Lore} (You're here!) °°° {Character Sheets} °°° {RP} (TBA)

"Let me tell you about the tale of a very special place.
It is said to be the very birthplace of every being to have ever lived on this earth.
From the great dragons to the most discreet of lichens, it is our world's cradle and sactuary.
Long has been the list of adventurers that have searched high and low for this mysterious place.
Some in search of long lost species, some in search of magical plants, some in search of their ancestors, some in search of great fortune...
However most have searched for the chance of having any wish granted.
For it is said that the success of entering such a place will allow you to grant a single, impossible wish.
Who or what the wish granter may be, that depends on where you are hearing this wonderous tale.
Some say it is upon touching a magical stone, some say it is a fae, while others say it is granted by simply stepping into the place's magical bounds.
Come now, I know you have many questions, but it is time for bed little one...
Go to sleep my dear, it is just a children's tale after all..."

• 1709746065271.png
    The Rules

Read them

• Appart from excessive swearing being allowed, keep it PG for minors.
    • This being a collaborative project, there might be changes to the rules as time goes on, be sure to come refresh your memory on them from time to time c:
    • You cannot post here yourself, per the voting results only I will be posting everyone's ideas here. I will give you and anyone else the credits you derserve for the writing and the idea and will ask your approval in case I need to edit something first before touching your writing.This is NOT a discussion thread, see this thread more as a wiki of sorts.
    • For any questions and inquiries go to OOC
    • Your added lore ideas are yours to dictate and explain/elaborate to others, but please be open to possibly changing some things around if the need arises.
    • If you disappear for longer than a week and we need your insight on what you have added, I have the right to allow myself and others to modify your input in order to not stunt the progression of the RP.
    • Same goes for me, if I have disapeared for longer than a week with no news, you guys have the right to call the shots until I come back. Just be fair (example: voting) and take every active player's opinion into account. ✨Equality✨

The Requirements
    • Try to keep your approved posts as "short" as you can. With everyone's wonderful ideas piling up it might get overwhelming for new and old players to keep up if every post is the size of a Lord of the Ring book.
    • If you're going to use BBcode in your posts be sure it's mobile friendly and I can copy/paste the code.
    • If art accompanies your post, no AI generated pieces unless you are 100% sure that the sources feeding the software used are ethically aquired (=the real artists are payed for their artworks)
    • Try not to make everything too OP unless there are valid and approved reasons as to why. Both strenghts and weaknesses are what makes things interesting!

"Up and at 'em Traveller!...Wake up!...HEY WAKE UP!!!!

Ah Greetings to you traveller! You and I seem to be in a similar situation. I know that look...You've been cast out of your home as well haven't you?
Yes...yes an unfortunate situation you and I share...I understand...Well since you've got nowhere else to go how about you come along and travel with us? We're all in the same situation here after all! Let's travel the world together yes? It'll be mighty fun and not at all dangerous I promise. Let's just....hurry along quickly now...no no we're not being HUNTED DOWN BAHAHAHA we're all perfectly innocent fellows here right, no reason we could be possibly followed and hunted right? Right. Come on let's go. But please estinguish that fire, just in case we are followed..."

Welcome to the world of Kirlia, good luck Traveller...

Last edited:
{There will be a map here eventually}

The places of Kirlia

• Breathia Kingdom
    {Westvale} written by Aegis Aegis

What is Westvale?:

Westvale is a small Barony in the West of a larger Kingdom, Braethia, ruled by the Sylvain family. Hardly large enough to be considered a major power in the Kingdom, the war between the Barony of Westvale and the Barony of Darkmire is considered to be a small internal power struggle and nothing more by the King of Braethia, Lionel Bowstrum.

What kind of Governmental System does Westvale follow?:

Westvale, moreover, The Kingdom of Braethia-- follows the idea of feudal peerage where the ranking of nobility is as such (in order of political power)-

1. Dukes
    2. Marquesses
    3. Earls
    4. Viscounts
    5. Barons
    6. Life Peerages (Knights)
    Above them, of course, rules the King of Braethia to whom all noblemen and women swear to as their liege lord in one way or another. The King keeps a feudal council comprised of the most powerful vassals (sworn lords under him) in order to run the Kingdom based on the strengths of the lands under their control.

What types of creatures reside in Westvale?:

Westvale is home to all notably sentient races in the known world, and as long as they follow the laws as written there is very little discrimination in terms of the written law of Braethia. However, many smaller regions may have differing opinions as their local governments and even the commonfolk may have different experiences or ideas on the matter. Westvale has a history of Water Hags plaguing the swampy regions on its shared North border with Darkmire, and as such many witches and devoutly practicing mages are unwelcome in its lands. In it's southern forests, many wolves can be found in packs that typically stay away from people, but have been known to harass local farmers by killing and eating their livestock; the wolves of Westvale have inspired the wolf's head on the banner of the Barony and the namesake of the elite company of knights that protect the Barony's capital of Dun-Borough.

What is the terrain in Westvale?:

Westvale is a land comprised primarily of crystal-blue rivers, winding creeks, lush forests, rolling hills, and vast plains for farming. Many fields have been transformed into road-side vineyards from which the grapes that make the famous staple of Westvale wine are picked. In the far north of the Barony-- along its shared border with Darkmire, there are marshes and swamps infested with all sorts of ill magical creatures.

What can you find in Westvale?:

Westvale is best known for its grapes grown in the south besides the rich, flowing Rivers of Eda; Those grapes are then pressed and fermented to become it's staple of Westvale Wine. The wine itself is sold throughout the known world for a very high price due to the quality of the ingredients and the reputation its flavor has. Otherwise, it has plenty of fields for growing oats and wheat used for bread and beer throughout the Kingdom of Braethia. Its hills are host to some crude iron mines, but barely enough is mined to make it worth noting.

The towns of Westvale are mostly peaceful cobble roads and thatch houses that are erected alongside bubbling rivers and creeks. Many festivals and celebrations are held year-round, and the people are contented and lawful.

Who Rules in Westvale?:

Westvale has always been ruled the Sylvain family from its establishment only a century ago; this makes House Sylvain a fairly young family in the history of Braethia. However, since it has fallen under the rule of Arnou's father, the land has cemented itself as a wealthy and relatively powerful political player in the Kingdom. The heir apparent is Renly Sylvain.

Relations within The Kingdom:

• Darkmire - Hostile
    • House Bowstrum - Friendly

Last edited:
{The inner workings of Magic}
by Xen6n Xen6n
The level at which an individual may manipulate these energies within themselves is determined by two factors: mystic potential and study/training. Mystic potential refers to the innate spiritual energy that exists in all living beings (= Life force). The amount of this energy varies greatly from individual to individual. Seldom times these powers sometimes remain dormant for the individual's entire lifetime. Even beings born with vast amounts of potential magical energy may only access it by learning certain techniques and then by performing these techniques properly. Though the effects of magic are remarkably varied, the energy used to create these effects can be categorized as originating from one of three distinct mystical sources: Arcanum Ego, Arcanum Eco and Arcanum Exo.

Arcanum Ego:
Is what all beings capable of magic uses, it's an instinctual art that's engraved in all living beings who's able to use magic: Tapping into the personal magical energy reservoirs within yourself to use magic. This is the bases for all forms of magic, anything going forward are merely "extensions" of this method.

Arcanum Eco:
Is what the Dragons accomplished and they are the only beings capable of such feat as of now. Both the Dragons that created the Ley Lines and the one's who invented the universal harmonious cycle. After learning to control their personal energy through the use of Arcanum Ego, one may next learn how to connect their own life force to the ambient mystic energies of the surrounding environment/universe. (Some creatures are starting to accomplish this, though it is a rarely shared practice. The only ones that have mastered it are extremely powerful beings such as dragons. For they have manipulated theirs and the life force around them to become immortal)

Arcanum Exo:

Is a rare and forgotten magic that draws upon forces from dimensions outside our own to cast spells. Only very experienced sorcerers are able to communicate with powerful mystical beings that inhabit these "other dimensions" and appeal to them for assistance. To invoke the aid of godlike beings (also referred to as the mystic principalities) a magic user must learn complex incantations and master subtle gestures in order to increase the chances of receiving a positive response. The more powerful the entity (or the less powerful the sorcerer) the more complicated the ritual of invocation becomes. Another name for it is Invocation and Thuergy. One thing to clarify is that this isn't summoning whereas they physically summon these beings, they're actually just invoking these beings so that they may grant a small portion of power to them. This process is incredibly difficult to accomplish and can take a dangerous toll on your life each time you use it.

Slightly edited by _ChickenWithTeeth_ with the author's approval

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back