• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Looking to join/start an active, semi-detailed Roleplay!

Emem

Hi there,

I'm looking to join or start a role play or two. I haven't seen many Interest checks that particularly appealed to me, but if you have one I should check out, please let me know!

I prefer to role play young adult (high school/University/Early Career) role plays, I also enjoy wild horse or horse/country related role plays. I would also be interested in trying a wilderness/ survival type role play, but I'm generally not a fan of apocalypse type stories.

For the next three weeks (Winter break) I have almost unlimited time to role play, so I'd like to take advantage of it. I may consider a detailed role play that each person tries to contribute a several paragraph post a day, but I prefer conversational role plays where the focus in on keeping the story going, rather than the length of the post, and everyone tends to be on at about the same time to post back and forth for a while. I tend to participate in role plays that have 2-5 people who post for multiple characters, and I'm also impartial to roleplaying in either first of third person!

Here are some ideas I've had (some are more developed than others- but I'm always open to suggestions):

1. Romeo and Juliet style story set as a Western, or just in the country

2. Price Family Values- Story of life on a nearly bankrupt cattle ranch in the Midwest that has the difficult choice between scraping by and maintaining the family's traditions or selling out to oil for a less worrisome way of life.

3. At the Post- RP about horse racing and life on the backstretch (Thoroughbred or Standardbred). I really like this idea, but it would need a few people that have at least some knowledge of horse racing to be successful.

4. Friday Night Lights/ One Tree Hill- Small town, high school sports focus (original characters/story)

5. Over the years I have played a roleplay called Rockwell/ Rockhurst Academy- and would be interested in doing something along those lines again. Basically it was a catholic based private school in the middle of nowhere that is highly prestigious and only accepts exceptionally gifted talented (athletic, artistic, scholarly) individuals or the children of alumni. Everyone role plays as seniors. The boys and girls are supposed to be kept separate, but the story revolves around their schoolwork as well as teen drama that results from their meeting at their highly illegal parties in the woods, and the activities (sports, plays etc.) the kids are involved with.

6. Parks and Recreation/ The Office style workplace comedy

Let me know if you're interested in any of these ideas or have another role play I should check out!

These are all pretty interesting ideas. I would have to do some light research for horse racing but if any of these get enough interest, I'm totally in. If you want to 1x1 RP as well, I'm open to it.

I'd be down for number 5. I work m-w though so I couldn't be active during work hours.

I'm totally interested in number five. Keep me update! ヾ(@⌒ ⌒@)ノ♥︎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back