Looking to Create Fantasy Arranged Marriage Scenario

Lady Sabine

So, I'm trying to get this going on another site but it seems to be dwindling miserably, so I'd love to find out if I could have any better luck here. ^^

The plot is reposted below; it is not set in stone but the basic premise is. I would love to see everyone create their own nation with whatever degree of fantasy and stick 'em all together into a world of our own creation, with enough drama and romance and conflict to last at least a month or two so our summer will be more fun.

Who's with me? ^^

For ten thousand years on the continent of Aimre, the races have lived in a constant state of apartheid. Fear, hate, and lack of empathy drove them to create their own independent nations, erecting walls and wards to keep out anyone who was not like them. There was no trade, little communication, and no understanding between the fey peoples of Aimre.

That is about to change.

Across the Sea of Storms on the continent of Tamre, the humans are growing more powerful. Bereft of the magic that blesses the other sapient races, they have devoted their time and energy to the pursuit of technology and agriculture. Now humans outnumber every other race by many million, are in possession of great steam engines and rudimentary electrical devices. It is only a matter of time before they discover Aimre and, in their relentless pursuit of power and progress, decide to invade.

If the races stand separate and alone, they will fall. The Immortal Prophet, a god-like being recognized by every society, has proclaimed it this. He and his siblings have constructed a palace in the mountains which they name Mistval, and to Mistval they have invited a male and a female heir from each race. There they will spend six months, in which time the Prophet and the rest of the Pantheon will attempt to prepare them for war and, more importantly, for peace.

Marriages will be arranged to bring two races closer and to provide proof of compatibility. Training will be given for strategy and warfare, for history and language and humanity and anything else they may need. But, in the end, the Pantheon can only do so much. It will be up to the heirs themselves to make the alliances work.

I love it.

This sounds like a wonderful idea, the premise is good and as far as I'm concerned little details aren't a big deal in large RP's. They usually change anyways! I would love to join, how many people were you hoping to have total in order to start the RP?

Nope! Though, now that we have two people, it would probably be a good time for you two to start working on your nations. ^^

I am also interested in this. I like the idea that we make our own nations. Count me in once it kicks off. c:

Sweet. ^^ It ought to be kicking off soon; I'm graduating in a couple hours but tomorrow I can get a thread up. Until then, feel free to use this board to brainstorm your nations and maybe figure out some partners. I can't guarantee that the characters will be paired up according to your first choice, but I can certainly try. ^^

Should I assume the races that make up the nations are going to be along the lines of mythical creatures, like centaurs and elves and such, or...?

Indeed. A suggested (but not comprehensive) list would be

• High Elves (creatures of magic with little physical ability, short of stature and weak-muscled but good with spells)
  • Feral Elves/Wood Elves (live in the wild, do not use fire or weapons, very in-tune with nature)
  • Dark Elves/Drow (live in caverns underground, matriarchal, use dark magics and worship a spider goddess)
  • Dwarves (live in caves and castles dug into mountains. industrious and strong, though not very useful with magic)
  • Centaurs (nomadic creatures with the lower bodies of horses, very warlike)
  • Mermaids (creatures that have the tails of fishes in water but can have legs on land, manipulate magic through song)
  • Dryads (humanoids with their life force tethered to a specific tree, magically connected with plant life)
  • Icarii (winged people known for their arrogance and beauty)
  • Naga (creatures with the lower bodies of snakes but humanoid from the waist up)
  • Faerie/Fey (vain and small-statured creatures, sometimes with insectoid wings, who utilize illusion magic known as glamour)

I would be most interested in playing a Icarii male/female that is passionate about defeating their foes. To him/her this wouldn't be about peace, but more about making bonds with other nations to prepare for war. I usually play characters that are kind of meek, so it will be nice to play someone fire-y.

Alrighty. ^^ I think this is going to work out best if everyone doubles as a male and a female- if by some miracle everyone's first choice sex works out I won't make it mandatory, but that tends to be pretty rare. xD

Would it be worth me using a male Sidhé? The most well known of this race in lore are females as banshees or sirens. Strong affinity to nature too. As they are in stories said to have shaped the landscape of Scotland and Ireland.

Well its more since its a kind of race not so well known about in public media lol.

Sure then sign me up for interest then :)

Tapatalk is for scrubs. I use Tapatalk. Why are you talking to this scrub?

I'll make the IC board soon so we can get to some real plotting. ^^ 
http://www.rpnation.com/resources/integration-or-annihilation-fantasy-arranged-marriages.3662/

It is up! I want to get every nation approved here before you move there, however. So, in order for me to approve your nation, here's a form for y'all to fill out. I know it looks long, but it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

Name of Country: (the formal name that will appear on documents and in political speech; as in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)

Common Name: (the less formal name that will be used casually; like America)

Adjective: (such as French for France or Chinese for China)

Geography: (briefly describe the part of the continent your country is on and what sort of terrain it has. If there are major rivers or lakes or other landmarks, mention them. Capitol/primate cities and/or major religious sites should have their relative locations described. Please only list the vitally important things; I'm going to make a map of this continent and I don't want it to take forever.)

Race: (the race that inhabits the country. Describe the race's traits, abilities, etc. Please consult list on the bottom of page one if you're running out of ideas. You may ask for a race not on the list.)

Government: (the form of government along with the current rulers)

Culture: (brief description of the culture. Feel free to use real world analogies for brevity)

Other: (anything else of importance)

*Preferred Sex: (not strictly related to the country, but please state whether your first choice character will be a male or a female. Also please state whether or not you are willing to double.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this concept, and have been DYING for something like this! I totally want to take part! :D

@Lady Sabine perhaps my activity on the previous rendition of this concept failed to impress you but I would love to join if you'll have me. I can dedicate a lot of time to this game, that I can promise. But, I also take no for an answer. Your call!

@Macaberz

You weren't as active as I might have preferred, but I truly did enjoy your writing. ^^I would love to have you; I'm just not an aggressive recruiter, especially for ideas that are even more flimsy and experimental than my last ones. XDD

Reading that example I'm unsure. Are we using real world countries or made up ones? I'll PM you the form when I'm done with it.

Tapatalk is for scrubs. I use Tapatalk. Why are you talking to this scrub?

We're using made-up countries... I thought I made that pretty clear? Anyways, you can PM it and we can work on it a bit together, but I'd like for everyone to be able to read everyone else's country submissions so that we don't get places too similar or a ton of islands/peninsulas/etc. that are difficult to blend into one world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back