Story Looking for writers

Rcticwolf

Leader of the Tiberium Military
Supporter
Hello fellow writers, I'm looking for people that wouldn't mind reading, then giving me feedback on my short stories I have posted on deviantart

Sure! What's your DA, and which stories are you most interested in getting feedback on?

My DA is rcticwolf, I have a short story about a league of legends character, and 6 chapters of a Pokemon adventure story

Rcticwolf Rcticwolf The story was pretty good! I really enjoyed the dialogue; it felt natural, and you wrote the mother/son relationship very realistically. I wish that you had described a few of Ahri's past battles/enemies from her point of view, instead of saying "Ahri told tales of all the warriors she encountered, being sure to leave out the gore and profanity." It would have been really interesting to hear the character carefully avoiding sensitive subjects while also telling stories to her child. There were many minor grammatical mistakes; they didn't impact the reading significantly, but I think it is still important to clean those up to the best of your ability. I thought the way you described where the child came from to be a kind of awkward, you could have left it ambiguous as to how Ahri got the child and I feel that would have made the story stronger. I do really enjoy that this short story was a window into a really unexplored part of the LoL universe- what happens when the champions aren't fighting? From that perspective, the story was very creative, and that intrigue held my interest to the end. However, I feel that using someone else's universe/characters may alienate readers unfamiliar with the lore, especially since you do not really establish Ahri as a character here, you instead build upon the image Riot Games has put out for her. Overall, I really enjoyed the read, and I think you did a great job.

Rcticwolf Rcticwolf The story was pretty good! I really enjoyed the dialogue; it felt natural, and you wrote the mother/son relationship very realistically. I wish that you had described a few of Ahri's past battles/enemies from her point of view, instead of saying "Ahri told tales of all the warriors she encountered, being sure to leave out the gore and profanity." It would have been really interesting to hear the character carefully avoiding sensitive subjects while also telling stories to her child. There were many minor grammatical mistakes; they didn't impact the reading significantly, but I think it is still important to clean those up to the best of your ability. I thought the way you described where the child came from to be a kind of awkward, you could have left it ambiguous as to how Ahri got the child and I feel that would have made the story stronger. I do really enjoy that this short story was a window into a really unexplored part of the LoL universe- what happens when the champions aren't fighting? From that perspective, the story was very creative, and that intrigue held my interest to the end. However, I feel that using someone else's universe/characters may alienate readers unfamiliar with the lore, especially since you do not really establish Ahri as a character here, you instead build upon the image Riot Games has put out for her. Overall, I really enjoyed the read, and I think you did a great job.

Thanks, I did it several years ago, so its not my best work, and I'm glad you liked it

I also had a plan to do a second part with a friend, to delve further, but we never got to it

I need to rethink it, because back then all I had for ideas was Darius pursing Ahri for revenge
That sounds like a good story to me! It could end with a grisly confrontation between Darius and Ahri, where she's trying to defend her young child and Darius is exploiting that like a weakness.

That sounds like a good story to me! It could end with a grisly confrontation between Darius and Ahri, where she's trying to defend her young child and Darius is exploiting that like a weakness.

We shall see, I take it you aren't a pokemon fan?

hello here does a poetry can be take here because i wanna show u my little masterpiece

your rating will be the welcome pls :csmile::csmile::csmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back