• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Looking for Sour Cloud

Plot

Quest

A wild ENBY appeared!
Sour Cloud Sour Cloud
Very basic plot:

We were best friends as kids and now we bump into each other again as adults... because you're my college roommate. I though that name looked familiar, but I never thought we would be in the same room again (let alone living together) after everything that happened. Why did I have to go to a progressive art school that allows co-ed roommates?! Can we put aside the past and be civil or will one of us be packing up and moving out before the first floor meeting? *throw in some plot twists*

My character:
Lilian "Lily" Grace McKoy; 18; female; dance major
Scott Summers; 18; male; business major

Last edited:
Moving In
The campus is beautiful, and Lily is having a hard time finding her dorm building, not because she has a poor sense of direction, but because she must stop every few seconds to stare at a flower or flirt with the boy following her, who volunteered to help carry her boxes. It is easy to see that the female is a freshman; she is lugging a large pink suitcase behind her, and her outfit is not causal in the least. She is definitely making an impression, though... at least on the box-carrier... What was his name? Matt? Pat?... Whatever it may be, he will not stop talking to her, but Lily smiles and nods convincingly towards him to keep up his spirits. Even though she is not listening too carefully, Matt/Pat is very attractive, and Lily makes sure to let him know quite often, adding that he is strong and kind by lifting all her things.

Their time together finally comes to an end when Lily manages to get Matt/Pat to carry, not one, but three large boxes and her suitcase up two flights of stairs. He stacked them neatly in front of her room (identifiable by a cursive "Lilian" written in one of the two palm trees taped on the door), and Lily puts her number into his phone, saying that they should get coffee sometime if he isn't too busy helping pretty girls move into their dorms. Matt/Pat laughs nervously and leaves, allowing the female to become overwhelmed with nerves.

She is on an actual college campus, rooming with an actual college boy! A college boy sharing a room with her. This place is great. Lily jokingly gives a small kiss to the "Scott" palm tree, and fishes for her student ID to unlock the door.

It looks like Scott has already started moving in, but he isn't in the room currently, so Lily begins to unpack her clothes, make her bed, and put up decorations. Everything is in pastel colors, matching her current outfit of a pale purple dress and white sandals. Her blonde hair is pinned up intricately in a "messy" bun, and Lily organizes carefully so it doesn't get knocked out of place.

A lot of the other students have their parents or friends helping them set up their new homes, but Lily is used to handling things like this on her own.

Last edited:
The line for the coffee shop was already out the door by the time Scott was within 20 feet. He swears the shop was empty not 2 minutes before. All he was trying to do was be a nice guy and get his new roommate a simple iced coffee- a good first impression means everything, right? Now he's stuck in an easily 25 minute line, knowing there's a chance his new roommate might hate coffee. Alas, he's there, so he might as well wait and reflect on the events of this morning.

Scott arrived earlier in the morning with his dad and younger brother Alex. The helped Scott move the majority of his stuff in, but would have to wait for everything else to be shipped. After that, they went for breakfast at a famous local diner in town, but Scott didn't really focus on eating. He was too busy making sure no one from home was there. He did his best to make sure no one from home knew where he was going to college. Scott wanted a fresh start and a chance to be himself. No more popular table, no more jocks, no more cheerleaders, or drama. The next four years were going to be amazing. As they were getting up to leave, Scott noticed something written on his to-go coffee. A phone number with winky face drawn next to it. He looked up and noticed their very attractive waiter winking back at him. Scott gave a small smile and walked out with his family.

By the time Scott snapped back into reality he was at the counter. He ordered two small ice coffees. When Scott picked up his coffees, he noticed yet another phone number, this time with a heart. He chuckled to himself and looked up to smile and wink at the cute barista. Walking back to his dorm room, Scott couldn't help but think how great freshman year was going to be. As he reached the already familiar hall, Scott began searching his pockets for his student ID, only to realize it's not there. With a sinking feeling in his stomach, Scott says to himself, "Nice, Scott. Already off to a great start." He shook his head and knocked, hoping Lily is there.

Last edited:
Lily is so into setting up her belongings that the knock on the door causes her to jump. She laughs at herself, embarrassed even though no one saw her get frightened. The female finishes pinning a poster of a pastel sunset onto the wall above her headboard before she walks toward the entrance of her dorm room. Right before she answers, she smoothes out her dress front and briefly lays a hand on her hair to make sure it is in place.

"Hi, you must be S..."

The young woman swings open the door to greet, presumingly, the boy who is her roommate. Her sentence fades out before it is finished, however. Lily is taken aback by this boy, and, suddenly, she cannot speak. He's handsome, but there's something else about him too.

Why does this Scott guy look so...familiar?

The door suddenly opens, and Scott looks up from his phone with his trademark smile to see a very attractive girl standing before him. He's taken aback a little, not sure if by the way the sun dances off her silloette or the fact that a strange spark of recognition shot through him. The girl, Lily he presumes, didn't quite finish her statement, so Scott decided to cut the awkwardness and help her out.

"Heh, yeah I'm, Scott. I'm a bit of a spacebrain age left my ID in here, so thank you for being here! You must be, Lily," he offers his hand, bright smile not faltering.

"Oh, and I also have coffee!"

Lilian shakes her head and returns a wide smile to Scott. She then backs up to allow him inside and quickly tries to shove her stuff out of the way, so he does not begin to think that she will be an irresponsible roommate.

"Oh! Uh, thanks!"

Lily takes one of the coffees and sips it to show her gratefulness. She is certainly not going to admit that she never drinks the brown liquid. When it hits her taste buds, the female's grin wavers for a moment, creasing her lips into a grimace. God... did he even put any sugar in this??

Lily suddenly claps her hands (or rather hand against cup) and some of the coffee leaks onto the lid.

"So! What's the plan? I was thinking we could hang twinkling lights around the window and on that wall there. Then, we can push our desks over there. And this... "

Lily points to the areas as she speaks and then motions to the middle of the room that isn't covered by furniture.

"This can be my dance studio."

The girl looks up at Scott, her eyes shining with excitment. She does not wait long for his approval though, but rather turns to set her cup down on the desk near her bed. Lily opens up one of her large boxes and digs, apparently searching for the twinkling lights she spoke about.

"Wow, you get right to it, don't you?"

Scott couldn't help but chuckle at this girl's excitement. She had just ignored basically everything he said... He loved it! She took a sip of the black coffee he ordered for himself, and even though she didn't let it on, Scott could tell this girl was not a coffee fan.

"I didn't know what you liked so I got some hot cocoa too, if you want to trade?" He quipped with a smirk.

The lights he doesn't mind so much, but the dance studio has to be a joke...right?

"You know was thinking we could put in a jacuzzi instead. Might be a little more practical," he said with a wink and his voice oozing with sarcasm. Scott could really care less about how the room is set up, so long has he has a desk to study at and a bed to sleep on.

Lily pulls out the lights, but they are all tangled. The girl flops on her bed and begins to untangle the ball of twinkle lights, while listening to her roommate.

"Oh, no thanks! I can't start off the year already drinking away my calories. I can not get the infamous freshmen fifteen, Scott!"

Lily says his name as if they have been friends for a while. Some reason it flows easily off her tongue.

When Scott mentions the hot tub, Lily doesn't realize he's joking. She shakes her head and sighs.

"No, the dorm doesn't let you have containers that hold more than three gallons of water. It's total bull shit! "

Lily laughs and shrugs.

"But they can't keep me from having this!"

The female pushes a stray hair behind her ear that fell out of her bun as she returns to her box. She pulls out a couple of bottles of wine and shakes them in celebration.

Scott raises is hand in concession, "More for me then. He watched Lily attempt to unravel the lights and give up just as quickly as she started. There's something about his girl that Scott can't quite place. The instant confort he felt with her, how familiar her name sounded, she reminded him of someone, but, who?

Before he loses himself completely in thought, Scott snaps back to the conversation in time to hear her actually be upset about not being able to have a hot tub. Damn she's cute, though somewhat lost in her own world. "Yeah that really sucks," he chuckles.

He sees her bring the wine out..and is actually shocked. She didn't strike him as the 'drinking/party girl type. "Oh nice! Gonna party it up I see, or perhaps that's a welcome gift for me," he says with a cheeky tone and raised eyebrow.

Scott moves towards his bed, which is still covered by boxes. He sets his hot coco down on the desk and plops down in the wooden chair. "I could help untangle those lights if you want?"

Lily smiles and giggles a bit at Scott's joke.

"Sure, help yourself if you want. I won't be needing it tonight, anyway."

She tosses him the ball of tangled lights before beginning to unpack her clothes and organize them into her drawers.

"I'm going to a party tonight, if you want to join me. This guy I met today texted me about it."

Lily holds up her phone to prove it, but the male is too far away to actually read her conversation with pat/Matt.

"It's more for upperclassmen, but that just means there will be older guys there. Anyway, I'm kind of nervous to go alone, especially if I'm going to be drinking when I barely know this campus."

The female stares at Scott, trying to pinpoint why she knows him. It's not like she knows anyone from this town unless she met them today. Maybe she saw him at orientation?

"Uh.. this is probably super rude, but have we met before?"

Lily starts hanging her dresses and other more formal clothing items in the larger closet. He's a boy so it"s okay...

Scott fiddles with the lights as she talks. With just a few pulls he's somehow managed to tangle the lights even more. Oh God, how do I keep making them worse? He's only half listening to what Lily is saying. He hears there's a party she wants them to go to, and something about a guy named Nat? But then she asks him something strange that reignites that spark he felt earlier.

"Uh.. this is probably super rude, but have we met before?"

Scott was about to say he's never seen this girl ever, but he couldn't. There was something about her stare that reminded him of someone...but who. Even if she didn't he couldn't honestly say no because he pretty much blocked out every memory from home. At least he likes to believe that.

So he replies with a vague, "Oh, I don't know. Maybe? I've met a lot of people. Where are you from?" OK, that sounded kinda douchey, Scott. You've met a lot of people? Really?? He looks back down at the lights with a shrug.

Lily's cheeks burn with embarrassment. She does not want to admit that she is from small Midwest town. To get anywhere, she's got to seem like she knows what she's doing. It's just assumed that dancers from places like Los Angeles probably have a lot more experience and understanding with the performance world, right?

"I was born in Kansas, so I really doubt you know me from there..."

The female leaves out the fact that she had never left her home town until she was almost thirteen years old and that her family is still there. Sure, they have money, but what's the point without traveling?

The girl's nose crinkles when she sees the lights getting more tangled.

"Let's forget about the lights for now..."

As soon as he heard her say Kansas, it clicks. Oh my god it can't be...

"Did you say Kansas? I'm from there, too. Uh, wh-what part are you from?"

Scott falters a bit, not sure if out of nervousness or excitement.

Lilian looks into Scott's eyes with suspicion. Why is so curious about her life when they just met?

"Oh, I don't know; the east...?"

The female finished unpacking her clothes, so she pushes her suitcase into the closet, too. Then, she unlocks her phone and sees that is already noon, but she doesn't know what else to do with her time. Stay here with mister nosey? Go explore? Take a nap?

Awh, but he's so cute. It's okay that he's curious; you're brand new genuine girl in the flesh!

"What's your major? I'm assuming art right, since we are living together? Isn't that how they match us? Or maybe it's.. nevermind. Oh! And we have to feel out this roommate agreement together!"

The girl motions toward the agreement paper taped to their front door. She had seen it earlier and cringed when she saw it also had her full name of Lilian just like her door tag. That name was okay for a baby or, like, an old person, but she had started going by Lily when she was a teen. Lily has a lot more life to it.

He's amused at how flustered she's getting. Ok this girl is definitely trying to hide something. Maybe it's not her. But if it is... Better to let her not remember me..

"Oh I was just wondering. My parents live in west Kansas, " he said with a sly smile.

He notices Lily is almist done unpacking, and looks back at his bed to see the pile of boxes still sitting unopened. He grimaces, but decides the effort needed is not worth the payoff. But in order to make himself appear less as a creep by staring at her, he busys himself by hanging a couple poster. They're mostly of his favorite bands, like Queen, Panic! At the Disco, Mayday Parade, and Cruel Mule.

"I'm actually a business major. Plan on following dad in the family business," he quips sarcastically. "Maybe they match roommates based on where you're from. We can fill that out whenever you're ready. I'm a pretty chill roomie," he responds while examining his posters.

"Oh and I'm sorry for assuming you go by 'Lily'. Do you prefer something else?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back