• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for someone to Rp plots with

Ex Nihilo

So, I have a small problem. I have a few plots I am dying to RP {Plus some other avenues}, but no one to RP them with! Problem, right? Anyway, I have a few must haves for any potential partners, consider this a background check.

In a role play I want a partner who will write at least two paragraphs. I know that sometimes you just don't have the inspiration for two or more paragraphs, that's okay, just as a norm: two paragraphs. More is always appreciated by the way.

I will ask that any potential partner will be grammatically correct and use capitalization, punctuation, all that good stuff. Mess-ups are pardoned, they happen, but I don't want text talk and jargon.

Okay, romance is a good thing in role plays, most everyone loves a romance plot. Even I enjoy a romantic role play. However, I do have a few...limitations. I can only role play heterosexual relationships. No offense intended, I just don't do any other romantic orientations. I also fully intend to follow RPN rules and 'skip' any explicit scenes and scenarios. Rules are rules, so, that is that.

I would love it if a potential partner helped advance the plot, lend a hand in coming up with ideas and work towards developing the story line. Now, that being said, I am not the most creative person, I will not always have a perfect idea. So, I don't expect a partner to always have ideas. But still, progression and idea development is key, I don't want to do it all by myself and I definitely won't make a partner do all the heavy lifting themselves.

Character development! I am probably a little mediocre in this area. So, any chance I get to enhance my character(s) I shall take it. I hope a partner will try and do the same thing, its always fun to see a character develop through out the role play. Secondly, when I do one on ones I don't usually use a character sheet; I just don't like to. I will ask for a name and age before we begin. You may do the same, or if you really want to you can make a small character sheet or, post a picture of their appearance and describe them through out the role play which is what I usually do.

* I must warn you that due to a lack of internet and a hectic schedule I will rarely be able to respond everyday, hopefully though I won't take longer than three or four days to respond if I can't find a way on in the evenings. Hopefully this situation will end soon and I can respond quicker *

Though I might sound like a hypocrite, I want a partner who can stay active enough that we keep the role play moving. I know people have lives and jobs and school, I do too. All I'm asking is that a partner at least be able to be on once, twice a week or more. I also, will try my hardest to reply at least three out of five days. Another thing, please, please tell me if you are bored with the current events of the plot. Because, odds are, if you're bored I might be bored too and boredom is easily fixable. Also, please tell me if you want to quit. I understand that sometimes a role play looses it's appeal and you don't want to continue. If this is the case, just say so! I won't be hurt and we can both move along.

And finally, I have no issues with OOC conversations. In fact, I rather enjoy them. Role playing with someone merits communication, however, that communication usually centers around the role play. Having completely out of character, out of role playing conversations with a person allows you to get to know them. So please, feel free to converse and socialize with me as we roleplay.

So, hopefully, I haven't scared too many people away and someone will feel like being my roleplay partner.

• I don't have many plot ideas, if I can, I will update this thread whenever I come up with new ones. Most of these are versatile and easily beefed up or tweaked. Most can be romance plots or just plain plots with no romance.

[Character A] is a policeman who works in the robbery division of the police department. He works hard to track down burglars and petty purse snatchers and is good at his job. However, off duty [Character A] is a skilled artist when it comes to breaking into high end homes and stealing valuables. [Character B] is also a member of the police task force, perhaps in the same division as [Character A] {Or, perhaps for a twist, [Character B] is a homicide detective}. Due to a series of events [Character A] and [Character B] are put together on a case during this time and [Character A] must take extra precaution to avoid being discovered and bury a myriad of secrets that entangle him in his secret life as he and [Character B] work together.

{Really would like to do this one. Wouldn't exactly want this to be a romance but it's up to you.}

[Character A] is a princess engaged to be married to a King of some neighboring kingdom. [Character B] is not that king, {Perhaps he is a rogue 'king of thieves' or a third royal party} however, [Character B] decides to kidnap [Character A] and keep her in his realm. Obviously the two will develop feelings, whether they develop into a romantic relationship or stay in the frame of Captor and Captive is to be determined. However, [Character A] can't stay with [Character B] because her fiance will be looking for her, and might be angry to have a competing bachelor to go up against.

{Just an idea I had out of the blue and I think would be nice to do if it can be fleshed out a bit.}

Desperate to lift a curse put on [Character A] and their crew, [Character A] will do most anything, including capture the King's son/daughter, [Character B]. However, sailing across seas to a mysterious and uncharted island gives you a chance to get to know your fellow passengers and suddenly [Character A] grows a conscience {Or falls in love} and isn't so willing to go through with the last ditch effort to redo the spell; not at [Character B]'s expense.

{Piracy and magic, possible romance. I thought this up a long time ago, possibly after watching Pirates of the Caribbean ;P Could stand some revamping.}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back