• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Non-Romance RP Partners (Literate)

HowlingWoods

"And she heaved the forest upon her back"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

_41iCdaRGo7KxjQ7W7nIAdk74KM0_95gEz0lWO71pFeg0fV4g7ygiyUHBQVjnDPeUE-aA6GF6iMT4grZXHlHp-4RA878pdibvxm4fKL-MqhUtG13yEAoI-Ei0ng8DpOlazY1bgn1qTqOTiAJZU0mA7yq5I3EABmctxiHRSK9ILyL302Md2KeuiHHFGh7nIS-6osX2rfxEnKUqVdk_QMjJMNlgrRmJ0kVddOUOcLcspMO0-swuPG5mgo_F3rtHYb4sPZSPuuhw03x7Le_lAu7LVKRufoRz24hu5dvReTdJoYGY8GW3ilVou9gkGwfsGwXfLph4h89lXkhJGl9ihrGFGjbGJJF93ho1q3xKHfsMCCYjZWryRKY9d51MeTM9ZObqx8vKtDjsrFIAKkOp7WZeJ0Nv3bflaFFspqclLjJ2_pAvDcANLPUipgaBcRnPWTtgP0Zt2WAwqRFQuqtPHglk9l1Br5pwgvKZs75Xhyf600EZvxDsx3mTu_wQwcku-9BB4F8ZOommMoNnn7DUbchjBA7vmnXyLmg8EfkRDwFJXPAd_3wB1LURuPRYBXV80aMy-KeVcKQpu9GV3QpWa70Om_fAjqUiPE=w225-h224-no

~Etching my name into your souls, one by one, until all that is left is stone.~
Hello, my name is Etch. I am an experienced role player who began role playing at the tender age of seven and have been role playing for roughly half my life. I enjoy sophisticated plots with detailed environments and find little interest in romance-based role plays. I do indulge myself in light romance from time to time, but it usually follows a plot that is not driven by romance.

I am looking for partners that can keep up with me. I usually write the same number of paragraphs regardless of personal interest in a role play, between 4-10 paragraphs. It will fluctuate within that range based on what I have to work with from you and whether or not my character is currently given a lot of options.

I will have a different amount of sentences for each paragraph based on my personal interest in a plot and how much time I am willing to dedicate to a role play. Shorter paragraphs may also denote that I'm busy. Sentences within paragraphs can number anywhere from 5-12 sentences.

Below are some more structured details on my requirements for my partners, as well as what I'm interested in. There will also be samples of my writing and other notes.

Requirements

1.) You must write at least 10 sentences per post, organized into at least two separate paragraphs. It's best if you can write whatever amount I've written, but if you need to reply short, this is as short as it gets.

2.) Grammar is important, but typos are okay. Quality over quantity. I have standards for both the quantity and quality of my partner's replies, but quality triumphs over quantity any day. If you give me a well thought out post with extraordinary spelling and attention to detail, and it's laid out well and truly brings the character or their surroundings to life, but it's only 10 sentences, I'm fine with that. I love it even! Making a quality post is the perfect apology for making a short post.

3.) Plots should not be all about romance. Romance is okay, but it should be a side note. It shouldn't even be mentioned in the original plot description; if there's going to be a romance, it'll start to develop slowly as the characters spend more time together.

4.) Don't expect my character to like your character back. This includes both friendly relationships and romance relationships should that develop. Most of the conflict in my plots are between characters, rather than between an outside force. Sometimes, the conflict is between characters and an outside force. It just depends. Either way, my character likely won't like yours very much. At best, they'll be impartial, until your character gives them a reason for my character to like them.

5.) Have some common sense and do your research. This is the most basic rule of all five of them. Just do it. It's not hard. If the role play takes place in Alaska, it will not be all grassy with flowers sprouting up from the ground and mild weather. There will be snow. Lots of it. If I say that a role play takes place in a certain state or small country, do some research into it's climate and basic geography. How often does it rain? How often does it snow, hail, etc? What are the most common types of weather? What's the average temperature on a sunny day? How prominent are the seasons? That mostly covers climate. For geography, what is most of the state covered in? Are there a lot of untouched forests, or is the area mostly urban? Are there a lot of fields and rolling hills, or is the terrain rocky and infertile? You don't need to go too deep, but you need to have a basic understanding.

Samples
9OQ65ohYOYvYh4xz1bInTjgQ70x_4Ct_nWp2yAkPQMpSM6cvJqfLe0M87cNkYtEJYWs3K8zJU9CxZVpaqJxGrgEwMiHy2wx-kTidjl3cGy1iehXxzmSZcEoRYXI1aOYCY42KDuTg0zXA_iVzn0ReNd8RoKetw5nQtTtFfyGHpP6N_SJ-ztueVoAJw0NQFoX72kTgIC6Jv1ggnGMm-9a7bZfURU0ZMkip6y_T6Nh9mXmq0J3YyIUqCWX1cC7uz8s6fyoxLgHU8iKBO7vKC7E0KEg1Ze_zkX97pkaxplIGdIZyg7AnigvZzt78yf9N6idylloGtgwSgrrNbXe04-lhzFjI2E0gDUrzEa9ZSiFU1uimby9C2JwQ6twZGrbdrDPma64QrwOcbL8vKb8PhA_mXKoEoK3ungmQU6l8CRIMsTnhwlFo9v_toFPLYXLiRlf922ZxK373Kh82zozNyci_Doe5QMJv_3ZkmwRvtaoRxYI0QXGgorhITdQKsZ2-ziBSmLgry2e7qnijoE6RkbVe8hUU08ektcnZQ-9oVUNlit7g9rPaea4cc9Z4FnzeUruzSg79qT0q2MRohy5B0gciHXpupFnQhQw=w682-h943-no
Genres
I Prefer:

-Realistic Medieval Era

-Realistic Modern

-Realistic Near-Future Apocalypse

-Action

I Don't Mind:

-Romance

-Slice of Life

-Gifted

-Fantasy

I Avoid:

-Sci-Fi

-Zombie Apocalypse

-Fandoms

-Aliens

-Government Conspiracies

Plots
More plots may come soon...

Project Gospel

(Inspired by This is Gospel and Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! At the Disco.)

Year 2020. United States of America, Virginia.

Project Gospel is humanity's only hope.

It's been 5 years since the first of the experiments escaped and began to wreak havoc on the world. Ever since 2008, the government has been conducting human experimentation in secret in hopes of creating weapons to be used for war. Since then, there have been 103 successful experiments creating powerful war machines, and over five thousand replicas of each experiment. They were nearly invincible, with amazing regenerative powers and frightening strength. Each different experiment had different weaknesses and different strengths, but all of them were powerful and all of their weaknesses were guarded incredibly well.

No normal human could touch them.

So when they all began to rebel against the government, the world was thrown into chaos. Instead of machines used to win wars that had already been started, they began to start wars themselves, killing humans ruthlessly and developing a sense of blood lust. In less than five years after their escape from the labs and military bases they were being held in, they began to spread across the continents, lowering the human population worldwide to two million. Most humans are forced to hide in underground bunkers that the experiments cannot access, but leaving to get food and supplies is dangerous at best. Fighting an experiment is suicide. It's impossible to win, even in large groups with heavy firepower. They were made to take on entire battalions of enemy forces alone. Civilians couldn't even scratch them.

These monsters are not human anymore. They appear human, and are extremely difficult to differentiate between by appearance alone. They're intelligent, and they can imitate human behavior perfectly, making it easy for them to disguise themselves as humans and pretend to be one of them, before annihilating entire populations. The only weakness that they all share is that they cannot go near a holy cross, or else they'll be pushed back like two opposing magnets. This cannot kill them, however, and keeping a holy cross on your body is efficient or driving them back, except the experiments are cunning, and will figure out ways to get the holy cross away from you somehow. Underground bunkers are only safe because they are stocked full of holy crosses. The experiments take joy in killing humans, and may even be known to eat their victims. They've become bloodthirsty monsters.

Project Gospel is all that's left.

Project Gospel: the last human experiment to be created by the government before the escape of the other experiments. No replicas have been created yet, and it takes the appearance of a man in his early 20's. It's the only experiment that hasn't taken a liking to killing humans. It's said to be more powerful than any of the other experiments, capable of killing the other experiments with a cursed katana known as Emperor. He was originally created as a control mechanism for the other experiments, but he was not completed before the escape of the other experiments and therefore he laid in a state of sleep during the escape of the other experiments, deep within a lab. Many want to wake him up and use him to save the rest of humanity after the collapse of the government, but there's only one problem.

No one knows where Project Gospel is.

Until today. While raiding an abandoned lab for supplies in Virginia, a group of scouts from a group of survivors who are studying and gathering intel on the experiments known as 'Survivor's Faith' discovered a wooden crate that had been nailed down. Inside, they found Project Gospel and his sword, Emperor, deep in a state of slumber. The crate also included a needle with a syringe in it, which was assumed to be what woke him up. Taking the crate to their underground base in the middle of a deep wooded area, Survivor's Faith was forced to make an executive decision. There was no proof that Project Gospel would not turn on them if they woke him up, but the alternative was to let humanity fall to the experiments. The experiments do not need food, water, or sleep, nor do they need to breathe. Project Gospel was something new to put their faith in.

Survivor's Faith held a vote among their members to determine if they should wake up Project Gospel or not. You are a member of Survivor's Faith who voted no, and are also one of the scouts who found Project Gospel. However, the majority voted yes, and Project Gospel was woken up with enough tranquilizer guns to bring down an elephant pointed at him during the process, even though it wasn't certain that they'd be effective against him. You are, despite your opposition, assigned to be the one who guards Project Gospel and makes sure he stays under control, as you are well-known as one of Survivor's Faith's best men in both combat and ingenuity. I play Project Gospel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back