• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for Long-Term Older Roleplay Partner (Reopened)

I wonder if I should feel some sort of depression, since none of these old farts ever showed up when I was looking for older writers.

Hello! I would like to try a post-apocalypse roleplay. I usually do zombie apocalypse roleplays if you want to try that. I am only 22 years old though. I am also new to this website, so please bare with me on that part, but I have been roleplaying for years now. Through PM, I could send you a couple samples if you like.

Hello, to start off I am not as old as you would like me to be but I am much older than 18. When it comes to role playing I prefer mature people as well. I was interested in your Fantasy or Supernatural idea.

You seem like a fascinating person to talk to, even if I didn't write with you, lol

It's great to find a fellow someone who is above 30 and willing ot admit it on a site like this! :)

Let me know if you are willing to RP, if not, good luck with the search! ^.^

It's great to find a fellow someone who is above 30 and willing ot admit it on a site like this! :)

Let me know if you are willing to RP, if not, good luck with the search! ^.^

Well, I'm glad to have been so well received! :) I've actually been pretty surprised by how kind everyone has been about the age thing.

I'm definitely up for a private chat if you'd like to discuss it further, if you're interested.

Hello, everyone. :) I'm back. Looking for another long-term roleplay partner who doesn't mind that I'm an older person.

I'm going to begin this thread by explaining a little about myself, what I've done and what brought me here, so if you don't feel like reading it all (although if what I'm looking for sounds like something you are interested in, it might be a good idea for you to go back and read ) then you can skip ahead. I'll put an asterisk next to the paragraph where I begin to explain what I want in my next roleplay partner, so that you can skip the boring introductory stuff if you'd prefer.

So, I'm a 32 year old female. I'm not going to pretend that I belong to a large demographic on any roleplaying website on the internet, because most of the people on them are teens or young adults. Please try to be kind and not sling insults at me about being too old to be on here, because someday you're probably going to be in the exact same position as I am now.

Anyway, I've been co-writing since I was about 12 years old, back when AOL had roleplay chatrooms (yeah, I'm THAT old, haha) and have evolved quite a bit since then. In my young adulthood I began utilizing the Neopets forum in the mid to late 2000's to find roleplay partners, and actually ended up finding the two people I would end up writing with almost exclusively for a good chunk of my twenties there. An odd place to look for writing buddies, I know, but they ended up being some of the most talented people I've ever had the pleasure of writing with.

Sadly, when you get older so do your friends, and people fall out of touch. My two best roleplaying partners have since moved on with their educations and jobs and are now no longer even in contact with me, which I completely understand. Most people my age are too busy with careers and families to have time to write, and a lot of them have lost interest by the time they are my age, anyway.

Well, I haven't lost interest. I remember those days to be some of the most fun I've ever had. I've never been more inspired to create art than I was then, co-writing with brilliant minds. I want to recapture that feeling again with someone who can help get my creative juices flowing. I've tried writing novels somewhat recently in order to try and get back into writing, but it just isn't the same as doing it cooperatively with someone else. I want the surprise, the mystery, the unexpectedness that comes with writing with someone who thinks entirely differently than myself.

While I don't necessarily have a career or family to occupy my time, I do still have some life obligations that might occasionally prevent me from being glued to the computer all day. However, if you decide that you feel as though we might be a good writing match, you can be certain that I will have a decent amount of time to dedicate to writing and research, should our genre require it. I take my writing very seriously and I want someone who feels similarly. Still, I am a very accommodating and patient person, and I of all people will understand if you need a break or can't respond right away. It’s one of the benefits of writing with an older person. :)

*Alright, so here's what I'm looking for. I haven't officially roleplayed in years, so please forgive me for not remembering/knowing all of the abbreviations and synonyms that the more up-to-date writers utilize when posting to look for new writers.

What I expect from you:

- You are OVER 30. I might make an exception for the right person if they are a little under (late twenties and very mature), but absolutely no one under 18. I would just feel weird writing with someone that young at my age.

- You value quality over quantity. I have seen this repeated multiple times in other threads, but it really is important. I don't expect a full page of writing each time you respond, but I won't accept only a sentence or two unless there’s absolutely no other option to move the story along. I need something to work with, and it's difficult to write something that's going to keep things moving if you're throwing me scraps.

- You contribute plot ideas. I will do my best to do this as well, and I understand that sometimes writer's block is a real issue. All that I ask is that you put forth the effort to keep things interesting and engage my character(s) in some way so that we are writing together rather than separate.

- You use proper punctuation, grammar and capitalization. I am forgiving of the occasional error and typos are definitely not an issue as long as you do some basic editing before you reply; mistakes happen to me, too. However, I will not tolerate "hotter then six shades of hell" or "he stepped outside then he walked to the corner store". I need you to use the proper writing tools in order to help paint a picture in my mind, just as I want to do the same for you. This is a team effort, and if I ever make a mistake I want you to let me know immediately. I am not proud and I am always eager to learn and improve, I want you to be the same. (BTW, I am NOT going to be the grammar police. If I notice a pattern where you are regularly making a mistake I might bring it up, but if it happens once I'm not going to mention anything. No one likes to be nagged while they're trying to have a good time.)

- Your characters are original, created by YOUR mind, and not someone from a movie, anime or video game.

- You are open-minded about potential romance between characters.

- You are comfortable with mature, dark and controversial themes.

- You are looking for a long-term writing partner. I don't do casual, short-term roleplaying. It's not meaningful to me. I want to have the time to build up a plot, character development and relationships between characters.

- You would like to be friends OOC. We don't have to be besties, but I want to at least be able to say "hi" occasionally, or ask you questions about the story we're working on without it being weird.

The sort of genres I'm interested in are:

- Fantasy (High, low, whatever you want)

- Supernatural

- Romance (Any sexuality, but if you aren't interested in M&M or F&F I can easily do without)

- Historical (Either realistic or fantasy)

- Modern (Not as interested in this as I am in fantasy or historical, but I have engaged in several modern roleplays in the past and did enjoy them)

- Post-apocalyptic (I haven't done this one before, but it sounds really fun)

The genres I am NOT interested in are:

- Fandom

- Slice of Life

- Furries

- Futuristic (Although I might consider it if it's very fantasy-oriented. Just be prepared for me to not know much about machinery and technology)

Well, I think that's everything. I really hope that this wasn't too long, but I wanted to make sure that I was thorough in order to prevent any confusion. I look forward to seeing if anyone responds. :) Thanks for taking the time to read.
Hi im interested if you are still searching. However i am a few years under the age you would like i can assure you i have as mature i am today(which is pretty far since i understand what it means to earn a paycheck pay your own bills make time for those that matter and put those you care about above all else.) Since i was 16 if you think im a good fit please let me know or shoot me a message. And thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hi im interested if you are still searching. However i am a few years under the age you would like i can assure you i have as mature i am today(which is pretty far since i understand what it means to earn a paycheck pay your own bills make time for those that matter and put those you care about above all else.) Since i was 16 if you think im a good fit please let me know or shoot me a message. And thank you for taking the time to read this.

Thanks for your consideration. Would you mind PMing me a sample of your writing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back