• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for Gurren Lagann roleplay! Bring your ideas(and drills)!

Confounding

GURREN LAGANN!
4d3.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've just come off the high of the Gurren Lagann TV series; enjoyed every last vibrant second of it. The sense of scale and growth in power amongst the cast was just phenomenal and inspirational in some way for me. Having just finished it, and seeing as I currently don't have any active/ongoing rp's, I wanted to see if there's anyone out there who would be happy to work on something with me. I'd really like to create either another story going on at the same time as the story featured in the anime, or possibly chart the events of the war in which Lordgenome himself fought prior to the anime, or some kind of alternative universe with our own characters. If you have an idea that you've been cooking for a while, I'd love to listen and see if it's something that I'd enjoy joining in on.

Requirements'n'stuff:

- I much, much prefer OC's to characters from whatever anime/universe I happen to be roleplaying in. I find those characters more convincing and interesting, simply because I don't think that anyone other than the original writers can truly capture the nature of a particular canon character. They wrote them, they're the only one's who know them inside and out, and it's their privilege to get to 'be' them as they write. We've our own characters to play that we know inside out, and it's those characters I'm interested in seeing.

- Post regularity can range from once every day, to once every week or perhaps longer. We'll hopefully be conversing outside of the roleplay as well (I like to get to know my partners, as most people do), so as long as we're actively chatting and I know when to expect a post, I really don't mind. Post length should start at about one hundred words and work up from there. If it's a conversational scene, it can easily drop lower than that, and if it's a complicated situation that needs that description, well, the sky's the limit. One hundred words is otherwise a perfectly reasonable bench mark, so aim for around that unless you're really struggling with stuff to write.

- I can't stand text talk, so bring all those years of training in English. I love to read people's writing and see what they do that I don't, it's part of my love of roleplay. Seeing the effort that you put in is what makes me want to roleplay; if you put in some blood, sweat and tears, so will I.

- I don't really mind whether or not we do character sheets. If you enjoy getting to read about a character, then I'd be happy to fill something out for you. If we're both fine with not writing them, learning about the character through roleplay would be fine.

- I vastly prefer roleplaying in PM's to roleplaying in a thread. Just because then I can't possibly miss out on a reply!

- I don't really have a set plot in mind, just the ideas mentioned up at the top. A little development will be needed to create a functioning plot, which I hope we can both take equal parts in. I look forward to hearing your ideas and working together to flesh them out!

- Romance should develop rather than being forced. That's all I really have to say on the topic; if it happens, it happens, but by no means am I specifically interested in it.

So, with all that out of the way; I'm not currently able to PM people (I think), so if people could PM me to get the conversation started, that'd be awesome. Equally, post down below and we can talk here if that would be best for you! Wherever's best to explain your ideas is fine. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back