• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Looking for a few specific roleplays, but with room to modify/double! (mostly modern/fandom)

DaffodilsAndDragons

you are the one true king
PLEASE take the time to read through my expectations, I'd really appreciate it.

It's important to put up here that I'm GMT timezone (I live in the UK) and most of my ideas are centred around British settings, but this can still be discussed and modified.

What to expect from me:

• Firstly, I'm 19 year old university student who is now currently on summer holidays, however I've now bagged myself a part-time job so my schedule varies. I aim to give a partner a post at least every other day.
  • With time, my standards for RP have grown in terms of both quality and quantity. As such, you should always expect at least a two paragraph (made up of around 6-8 lines each) response from me - it will very likely be longer.
  • Excitement! I do get enthusiastic over roleplays and with that, comes a desire to talk OOC with my partner. Not just about the RP of course, but about life in general and to get to know them. I have made many an internet friend through RP!
  • I will play both female and male characters quite happily. I will not play any non-binary characters or transgendered characters simply because I have no experience whatsoever with them. However, I'm not against RPing alongside them if a partner wished to play one.
  • In terms of pairings, I'm most experienced with MxF, however, I am more than comfortable with FxF too. MxM is something I rarely RP, but if you're desperate I will give it a go.
  • I definitely prefer more mature roleplays with some darker themes - I don't have any triggers.
  • I do enjoy doubling but more often than not people slack with their second character. My characters will more than often be well thought out and have at least a semi-detailed character sheet too. I don't usually have a picture for my characters, but if you really want a picture one, I can find one.
  • I can get easily stressed when I take on too much, both online and offline - if I make any random disappearances please send me a PM or two to ask me where I am. Normally I'll try to let you know when I'm going to be busy.
What I expect from you:
  • A partner's age is a bit tricky for me, as I've always thought I could keep up with older RPers in terms of my writing since age 15 or so. So, provisionally, I'm going to say you have to be at least 15 to engage in an RP with me! There is no maximum age.
  • I would greatly appreciate it if your spelling and grammar are up to a high standard. I can let little mistakes slide because I make them as well, but nothing is worse than seeing constant errors. I would also appreciate your posts to be at least two paragraphs (made up of 6-8 lines) or more!
  • Please talk to me OOC! In my eyes, lack of communication kills an RP, so chit-chat is very much expected. Also, just a brief warning. If I find myself doing most of the plotting and throwing out most of the ideas, I will call you out for it. I can't stand having to build a whole RP on my own, so please get involved.
  • I try to avoid people who say they can only play one gender and one pairing, so please attempt to have an open mind! If you can double and/or play multiple characters, that's a huge bonus for me.
  • Please have at least a semi-detailed CS, it makes life a lot easier. I can provide you a template if need be. Also, I would prefer if you used a real face-claim or a realistic drawing for a character photo, I do not accept anime pictures.
  • Inform me of any disappearances in advance! I'm not a fan of waiting around for a response (hypocrite, I know) so don't leave me hanging. I would appreciate if you could meet a requirement of a post every other day/every three days.
Modern Ideas
Student x University Professor *
M/C is a first year student of [-----] in a big London university after growing up in a rural town in Wales. She has very much fought her way into getting where she is today, and is experiencing a lot of things for the first time. Y/C is a professor of [-----], and while they give the appearance of being level-headed and charismatic, they are having a difficult personal life. They are married to a spouse who does nothing but argue and a toddler to spend time with that is caught in the middle of it all. It has driven them to drink, and to slowly become caught up in their own little pocket of despair. M/C is proving to be one of the brightest in the year, each assignment better than the last. Her confidence in seminars is appalling, speaking when spoken too, never being the first to answer a question. Y/C pulls M/C aside one day, having lost their patience and telling them how confident they should be in their own abilities. M/C takes it heart and slowly improves, but notices as her interactions with Y/C increases that something is up. Will M/C learn more about Y/C personal life and vice versa? Will they make a troubling discovery? Will Y/C lash out? Will they both bond over their circumstances, that are both getting them down in different ways? No doubt it'll eventually lead to a torrent affair.
Intern x Member of Parliament ***
The basic idea:
M/C would be a Politics and International Relations student at King's College London who has just managed to nab herself an internship to shadow to Y/C, who is a Cabinet Minister (you decide on the department). Y/C is carrying a lot of baggage, an unhappy marriage, a drinking problem and not to mention all the government trouble. They really enjoy having M/C around, even if they can be a bit blunt and short with her. She's a breath of fresh air. M/C is attracted to their short-term boss, and notices their demeanour. Slowly, she manages to get Y/C to open up. The two begin an affair that would be scandalous if anyone found out, and Y/C is already saddled with a lot of problems. Will M/C start to crack under the pressure too?

Other things to know:
This would obviously be set in London, as that's where the duties of a Cabinet Minister are done. This would require knowledge of the British political system, I'm studying History & Politics at the moment so its not a stretch for me. I'd be happy to help you out, but some initial knowledge must be there.

My character would be 19/20 in this pairing, and your character would probably have to be in their late 30s at least.

I would definitely prefer this to be a M x F pairing, with my student being female obviously. There is room to make it a F x F one if you can convince me!

Fandom Ideas
Doctor Who
I have a thread dedicated to Doctor Who here!
Torchwood **
We could either go down the OC-heavy route with just Jack in charge and then a bunch of OCs as the team members, or we could have it take place after Series 2 where the three of them that are left have to recruit new people!
Harry Potter
Not looking for this at all at the moment, so it would take a lot of convincing.

Medieval/Fantasy Ideas
Peasant Girl x Rogue Knight**
I was thinking of a dynamic where my character would be a peasant girl (around 16 years old) living in a small town which has just been ravaged by bandits (or even orcs if we want to head down the fantasy route). She gets saved by a knight who has gone rouge (preferably male, but open to a female) and has a shady past. Realising she has potential as a companion on their travels, they offer to look out for them as long as she's willing to help with jobs, collecting supplies and some dubious trading. Having nothing left and wanting to avoid having to take to the streets of the bigger towns, she agrees to go with them. She would find out more about their past as the pair get closer and closer over shared experiences!

I'm also open to you giving me a couple of ideas or some modifications to my ideas. There are more to come! Please PM or reply to this thread!

Last edited:
I'd be into either a HP or celeb/fan RP! I have a celeb/policewoman Newtina AU which is really fun, and I'd like to explore more of the celebrity/general public dynamics (it's really difficult to date when you're a celebrity, or to date a celebrity). But I also love anything Harry Potter.

I'm interested in your Harry Potter idea! I think it would be quite fun to do a band of OCs in the school just after it reopens :3

Interested in the Pokemon plot, up for making an OC male professor.

I'll tentatively put down interest for the WWI plot, I'm not sure how well I'd be able to play the characters since I don't often play modern/real-life rps but I could try. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back