• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings looking for a 1x1 partner - fandom or fantasy!

errantia

jar of bees
hello there! thanks for checking out my thread. i'm not known for being concise, but let's keep this organized at the very least. ;-)

a little about me:
call me taylor. i'm 21, eastern usa. i'm nonbinary, and my pronouns are they/them/theirs.
i'm fairly active; i prefer to do shorter, more frequent posts. (i've been known to post twice a day, but as infrequently as weekly is totally fine too; i can do anywhere from 100-1000 words. i'm open to sentence-by-sentence too, though i've never done it before.)
don't let my lowercase fool you - i'm a professional copy-editor and graphic designer, which means that i'm a wee bit persnickety about grammar and i like to play around with formatting every now and again. don't get me wrong, i don't expect thrice-edited hemingway-esque prose (i certainly can't hold myself to that standard! you may have noticed already that i love my parentheses way too much), just that you know where apostrophes go. :'D
(in the middle of smileys. that's where apostrophes go. duh.)
i am trans and queer! i am happy to write any gender; i prefer that my partner play a woman or nonbinary person, but i'm open to mxm/nbxm if that's all you're comfortable with.
i'm open to any medium - pm, forum, discord, whatever.
since i am over 20, i would prefer that my partner be 18+.
i am drop-friendly. if you lose interest in our thing, have an episode of depression that makes it hard to write, or just don't have time anymore, please just let me know and there will be no hard feelings! i do request the same consideration from my partners, but please don't hesitate to contact me because you're afraid that you won't be able to commit or keep it up. i understand!

i would love to do either fandom or original fantasy rp! in no particular order, here's the fandoms i'm interested in!
dragon age - mass effect - fallen london - assassin's creed - dishonored - fallout 4 - fullmetal alchemist - tamora pierce (both tortall and emelan) - discworld - graceling - eragon - cinda williams chima - wicked lovely - sarah j maas (both acotar and tog) - the adventure zone - critical role - dungeons and dragons in general! - marvel comics and mcu

some other things i love:
- flawed, multi-faceted, multi-dimensional characters. mary sues just aren't fun!
- mythology, whether that be greek, norse, or ancient egyptian; king arthur mythos or faerie tales.
- historical fantasy - i love me some standard high fantasy, but i also love setting magic in an urban historical fantasy. give me victorian, or regency, or '20s america, or mughal india, or medieval china. or even the modern day!
- diversity! i prefer to write what i know... but as a queer, trans, mentally ill, disabled person of color, it's not always received well. (i know, i know.) surprise me! surprise yourself! i can't be the only one sick of every fantasy hero ever being white, cis, straight, and able-bodied.
- rich npcs, backstories, and worlds. the whole fun of writing with someone is creating something with them!

and last, but not least, let me just throw some tropes out there! let me know in a pm (i can't pm you yet, since i'm new, so please message me) if anything piques your interest! here's some things that i've been thinking about. (blue ones are things i'm especially craving right now!)
royalty in an arranged marriage - royalty running away from an arranged marriage - lady and the tramp - the prince and the pauper - long lost prince/ss - fate, destiny, and the acceptance or avoidance thereof - merfolk - fair folk - elves - dwarves - dragons - shapeshifters - pastel regency romance - gothic victorian steampunk - magitech - mistaken/hidden identity - tournaments and contests - immortality - people with magic and people without - thieves and other sneaky sorts - mage academies and colleges - warrior training programs/apprenticeships - political intrigue

thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back