• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Looking for a 1x1 about a slow, space western-ish plot.

wachook

Sagrell
All of this is pretty basic and off the top of my head so PM me to discuss further. We can flesh things out there.

The very basics of the setting:

We're on a crappy outpost. Think Tatooine from Star Wars (but not necessarily a desert. just the mood)? The law's legally blind here. As for aesthetics, I don't mind if it's a dusty town bordering on a ghost epidemic or a shady, rainy, grim city. Tech level? I'm not so sure. I was imagining laser guns at the very least. Perhaps body armour mods for the government troops. Hyper-space travel, yes! Idk it's all aesthetics to me as of now—just think a mixture of Star Wars/Mass Effect/Halo, yeah? We can talk this out in PMs.

The very basic plot:

I'd like if our characters had a shared history. We don't have to be childhood sweethearts but just something more than strangers. We're smugglers (or at least my character is) and this is our last shipment together before the big money rolls in. I don't know what your plan is (yet) but I'm planning on finally charting a ride outta here. Somewhere you can sleep without having to keep a gun underneath your pillow. Basically we're starting right before the final heist (it doesn't have to be final for your character, it just is for mine).

The very basic rules/preferences:

Aliens, robots, cyborgs, humans. Your character can be any.

I don't care about post length so long as you give me something to respond to. If you insist on them, then you should know this: I'm not into long paragraphs where progress is limited to 1 or 2 dialogue lines per post because you have to wait on my or your reply. That really slows down everything ime. It's good for a novel but not roleplaying. That being said, if you really insist on a minimum of like 3 paragraphs or whatever, know this: I'm going to be bugging you OOC a lot. I'll be asking you how your character will react to whatever's in my long post and add in your reaction like so instead of waiting. If you want to write your reaction directly, we can collab on Google docs.

I'm also fine with mini-godmodding. As in, you don't have to ask permission for every little thing. Your character can pull my character's hair; I don't care. I'd like if you didn't care either. Common sense applies here I think. Of course it's not okay to suddenly kill my/your character without permission. But grabbing someone's hand? Flicking their nose? A forceful kiss? It's all whatever to me. It makes it more interesting to respond IC. That being said, I know this is pretty uncommon in roleplaying so if you want me to ask permission for all of the above, I will.

Even though I've been saying this like "slows things down" and stuff, I'm not into rushing from plot-point to plot-point. I like some slice of life filler posts. I like when things burn slowly. Also, I think roleplaying is a shared kinda thing so don't be afraid to move things forward. Add lore, add NPCs, add secret backstories, I don't mind. We should discuss the bigger things beforehand but small aesthetic details should be plug-and-play.

I don't care about grammar so long as I can read it and respond. I'd prefer it if you could write a character that isn't just made up of one personality trait but I'm not really a hardass when it comes to writing roleplay. So just a decent average level would be good. I also don't care about character sheets. I'd prefer to get to know your character organically through the RP. Just appearance and equipment is good enough for me (but I'm not stopping you if you want to make a CS).

Lore junkie or just enough to create a believable world? I'm fine with both. I'm fine with MxM, MxF, FxF or whatever but at this point I'm pretty set on having a robot/android as my character. I don't care if it's platonic or romantic. I don't care if it's fast or slow—I only care about having drawbacks to both. Say it's a whirlwind romance. It'll cause drama when the honeymoon session draws off, right?

And lastly, even though it's a sci-fi/fantasy world, I'd like some grounded characters. No 1v1000, no shrugging off atomic blasts, no "I'm a perpetually bloodlusted character and yet everyone gets along with me" characters, etc. Just use common sense on this one. If our setting is the Wild West But With Laser Guns, then you shouldn't be slinging around chakra-infused swords with lightning magic. Unless you're an alien... and even then it'd be a hard sell to me.

If you wanna dip then just shoot me a little, "bye" and we're good. If you wanna dip without saying bye then I won't know if you're really gone or just on break in the Sahara with no internet or whatever. I'll probably wait a week between responses at most. Maybe two. After that if I haven't heard anything from you I'll be dropping as well.

I think that's all. If you have any questions just PM me. I'm probably only going to look for one partner on this.

If you're still looking for someone and you're just a little flexible on the idea of your space themes, I am pretty down. Personally for me, I am not familiar with Star Wars but I'm pretty familiar with Halo and Mass Effect. I'm all for space themes, and you really got me when you mentioned western themes. I might have taken that wrong, though. L M A O -- Let's discuss and see if we suit one another.

If you're still looking for someone and you're just a little flexible on the idea of your space themes, I am pretty down. Personally for me, I am not familiar with Star Wars but I'm pretty familiar with Halo and Mass Effect. I'm all for space themes, and you really got me when you mentioned western themes. I might have taken that wrong, though. L M A O -- Let's discuss and see if we suit one another.

I have no idea what Cowboy Bebop is either lool. But just flicking through it on Google Images looks pretty good. And yeah, we could totally do that. We could also just not do the whole mono-planet kinda thing and just incorporate it into a different continent or something. Seeing how Earth isn't just one single city and nothing else, alien planets shouldn't be like that either... unless this is like a REALLY crappy outpost that's literally only there while they mine the crap out of the planet lol.

I've only ever watched the movies but I was thinking like Han Solo vibesss. That one scene where like he meets up with Luke and Obi-Wan in that seedy af cantina.

What do you think about like a hardcore brutal government/overseeing company? Like it wouldn't be a complete dystopia, more of a like: space police don't care about the various crimes until they're in a bad mood and then they go for a public beatdown/hanging. Just the idea of being at their whim sounds good, what do you think?

(testing to see if I can post this here) (edit: YUP my account can't PM right now for some reason) (Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back