Looking for Looking A Mentor RP!

The Explorer

Philippians 4:13
So, I...I mean my OC, yes, my OC has a power. I'm looking for a person who can RP 1 on 1 as a Mentor Character for him.

The problem is only someone who has special eyes can see his power, but it has been tested by my OC that people can feel his power, and he even learned that he could transfer his power.

My OC got his power from his God. But his God didn't teach him how to use it. Leaving him trying to figure it out on his own.

Please help my OC, I mean me...I mean...Oh whatever.

Look all you have to do is play the part of a Mentor like in an anime, and chat with me. Public or Private Message, it doesn't matter.

Wow, that sounds super weird....whatever, If it makes you more comfy I will make an actual OC.

Uhhh, so what’s your Oc’s power exactly?

Well, he can manipulate the realm where God and Demons exist, through his thoughts. But he cannot do anything that is visible to everyone, though he really wants to.

In a single sentence, he can do anything that his God can do, because he is one with his God, but only on the realm of God and Demons.

What he really wants to do is to make the things he creates on the said realm, happen without having to wait for it. At this point he has to wait until his God decides it should happen.

Well, he can manipulate the realm where God and Demons exist, through his thoughts. But he cannot do anything that is visible to everyone, though he really wants to.

In a single sentence, he can do anything that his God can do, because he is one with his God, but only on the realm of God and Demons.

What he really wants to do is to make the things he creates on the said realm, happen without having to wait for it. At this point he has to wait until his God decides it should happen.

He basically needs to shorten the delay between the Higher Realm and Earth.

Okay, so I read the other thread you posted about this power, and...well, I can't say much about it without coming off perhaps a little hard because personally, I don't have much belief in spiritual things especially of the religious variety. I'm at that point in time where I just belief what happens, happens, and the only thing we can do is keep on keeping on. (I just had to write a script for a play literally about discovering the Gifts and Fruits of the Holy Spirit and I've never felt more disconnected.)

When it comes to making this into an actual RP, however, that is a different can of worms entirely.

For instance, your explanation of the power in the other thread reads:
Since it is a spiritual power, and no one can see it but me, God, and anyone who can see the Spiritual Realm, it doesn't matter anyway.

But the breath of life is a power that, theoretically, would enable me to do everything I can do in the Spiritual Realm, by "Breathing God in as a Source of Life and Power."

Because the way my gift works is to make all of my thoughts into reality on the spiritual realm. Then God decides when those events or thoughts take place. Speaking in biblical terms, The Spiritual Realm is the Realm where God has already finished everything he planned, and we in the Physical Realm are just stuck waiting for those events to happen.

Mastering the Breath of Life, would allow me to speak what I call Divine Words. Basically, I could speak anything from the Spiritual Realm into reality at any time, as long as God himself okays it.

From either a practical or philosophical (arguably?) perspective, this is just called...doing what you want. Putting your thoughts into actions. Doing things. Let's put it this way: an event in the Spiritual Realm, as you call it, is your thought. You speaking the words that will make it come to the Physical Realm is you performing that action. In that sense, your training to "master" the "Breath of Life" is just you learning how to put these thoughts into actions and make them happen in real life.

In franker terms, the power itself does not lie within you (or your character) solely on the basis that it is God who makes these things happen. Let's say your thoughts are your intentions-- for instance, you want to move a chair. By this logic, God makes you move the chair at a time He wants you to move the chair. Something like that. A power is something that you can do on your own. It's like only being able to shoot a fireball if God wants you to shoot a fireball. You just want to shoot one, but it is God that makes you actually shoot it.

Now, moving onto the "making this an RP" aspect of things. Now I, personally, wouldn't mind making a mentor, but I do maintain a dissonance between me and my characters. The last time I slipped too much into an OC when writing him, I ended up damaging a relationship between me and a friend for four-five years and counting. We're fine now, thankfully, but that was a harsh time in life.

To make a proper mentor to a character with this kind of power, they have to actually share that power or possess knowledge about the said power, and everyone knows a proper mentor usually has more knowledge than the student. The fact that it's a power that cannot be seen admittedly hampers things because you'll never know if the student is actually getting better or the mentor's lessons are getting through. Sure, the characters themselves can feel it, but what about the world around them?

So, anyway, this post has gone on for a little too long and I'm sorry if I did come off as a little harsh about it. Feel free to PM me if you want more of my thoughts on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back