• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Long Time No See. [Private]

DamnCatsMeow

Classified: Lost
New York City was the adventure of a lifetime. At first, Lucy hadn't been sure given the circumstances that had taken her there. The way the streets were constantly humming, the electric that carried on the breeze, it was no doubt that the life the city held had dazzled her. Opportunity rang out around every corner. Not to mention the coffee.
It wasn't until she met him when she realized that beneath the surface there was a scarred, sick, darkness that ran like blood beneath the concrete. That darkness swept her off her feet, danced with her on rooftops, fed on her essence until she was completely smitten. The love was terrifying and at times, toxic, and thus she became addicted. Addicted to him, to the darkness, to the danger that followed them. How many times had they almost been responsible for each others deaths? How often was their live in danger?

Then all at once she woke up. Without a word, Lucy packed her bags and took a plane out west. With the money she had saved from selling her elixirs, she bought a small lakeside cabin in the woods of Washington. With enough time she'd build up a clientele, she'd manage.....yeah, she'd manage.

Two years later and she's strolling the streets of the local town, bags of supplies in her hands. The threat of winter nipped at her nose and she prayed that this year would be as mild as the last. With a deep breath she leaned against a brick store front and clenched her hand. Would she ever stop being tempted to call home?

There was a familiar scent in the air as he strolled through the town, hands stuffing in the pockets of his leather coat. Jace had grown up in the south, and had never quite adjusted to winters like these... so, he did what he could. It's not like it really bothered him anyways. The scent had grown stronger, as he walked into the store but then it faded for a moment and his brows had furrowed. 'Was she here?' He thought to himself as he looked around the store. Jace ended up buying some cheap candy bar, and walking back out of the store where the familiar scent hit him. He was getting ready to turn and walk down the street again, but he ended up bumping into the-- Oh no. It WAS Her.

Her scent had hit him all at once, and it made him drop the candy bar he had picked out-- brown orbs staring at her in awe. But he couldn't let her see the human side to him. She had to see him for what he truly was-- a HEARTLESS monster. ''I don't know if I'm supposed to say sorry.. but oh well.''

She was utterly stunned. Her jaw physically dropped, her lips parting as she tilted her head. There was no way. There was no fucking way that he was here in her town. Her town. Then of course, he opened his mouth, which did nothing to quell her anger. But what did she expect? He was always trying to keep her at arms length. Jace was determined to freeze everyone around him.

Crossing her arms, she leaned back to get a better look. "You look like shit." If he could dish it, he could take it, right?

Of course she noticed the state he was in. He hadn't fed, and wasn't on his usual routine for blood which made him edgy. A low growl escaped him, eyes flashing dangerously for a moment before he closed them. ''I appreciate you noticing. Worked really hard to keep up the appearance.'' Brown eye open again as he focuses on her now, head tilting slightly. ''And you... look like you.''

"What are you doing here Jace?" She shook her head, a wave of guilt washing over her. After all it was her who left. "I never pictured you as a west coast kind of guy." Shifting her weight from one leg to the other, she could feel it. Feel the familiar tug in her chest. Now is NOT the time for this. Remember why you left....remember why you left...

''I'm not, but I figured I could use a new scenario. All that shit.'' Waving it off, he tugs his jacket tighter around himself to try to remain warm. ''What.. are you doing here? You.. live here, right?'' There was uncertainty in his voice, and before she could say anything else he was immediately speaking. ''Sorry-- I gotta bolt. Good seeing you.'' He muttered quickly, keeping his head down and walking the other way.

"What the fuck..." she muttered under her breath, waiting a beat before going after him, completely forgetting her groceries which sat neatly beneath the storefront window. "That's it? That's all you have to say me? Don't make me track you." It was only once they were roughly two blocks away that she realized she was slacking in endurance department. Mental note, do more long-distance hiking.

''It's all I need to say, Lucy. I don't really have much to say.. or really do.'' Shrugging like it didn't bother him, Jace keeps on walking but ''temporarily'' slows his pace so she could keep up with him. '' Track me all you want, Lucy. I'm not going anywhere.''

"Clearly you're going somewhere. You want to clue me in on why you're really in this po-dunk town?" She was nearly pleading with him, the curiosity dripping from her lips. She could feel the trouble radiating off him in waves that beckoned her closer.

For a moment he pauses, a sly smirk tugging at the corner of his lips as he keeps his back to her. Part of him should've told her the real reason why he was back, but the other part wanted to have fun with it. ''You're good at figurin' shit out, Luce. Figure this one out.'' And with that, Jace kept strolling on, in an attempt to avoid her.

"That's it. I was over your shit two years ago and i'm over it now." Reaching forward, she took hold of his arm and transported them to the edge of the lake by her home. Instead of letting go, however, she leaned into him. It had been far too long since she moved anyone besides herself and some groceries.
After a moment, her head stopped spinning and Lucy was able to put some distance between them. "Did Tony send you?" She dropped her arms dramatically, her voice exasperated.

There was always a rush whenever she would transport them. When they poofed up at their destination, his hands rested at her waist and he had stared down at her with an emotionless gaze. Watching as she finally steped away from him, Jace shook his head with a bit of carelessness. ''No. No one sent me, Damn. Why would I tell you if anyone did, anyways?''

"I'm just trying to make sense of this." She begins to pace, the water lapping noisily on the pebble beach-like shore. From behind him came a sharp bark that broke her train of thought; Charlie came bustling from the safety of the yard to his ankles, sniffing the familiar scent. "Well at least someone missed you." She smirked, as the corgi danced around his legs excitedly.

He never really knew how to react to dogs when they first met, and all that stuff. Jace had knelt down and started to pet the dog, a light little grin coming across his features. His eyes flashed the signature golden color as he kept petting the dog, head tilting in pure admiration. '' ... Kindamissedhimtoo.'' Jace had muttered quickly before he stood up, golden hues remaining on her. ''No one sent me.''

She felt her heart thaw and quicken. He had flashed the side of him that she could never resist. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts, she took a deep breath before responding. "Jace, why are you here?"

'' Do you always have to KNOW everything?'' His brows raise, head tilting curiously. ''I don't have to tell you why I'm here, Lucy. Or 'who' sent me here. Just know I'm here visiting, and I'm not going anywhere.''

"I like knowing things. Knowledge is power and all that garbage. I worked so hard to stay away from you. To stay away from New York, from Tony...." Lowering her head, she avoided his gaze at all costs. She missed her home more than she was willing to admit. It was lonely and cold in Washington, too quite most of the time, not to mention the mosquitoes in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back