• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Loki's Redemption

QueenMischief

Queen of Stories
Audrey was told many stories by her fellow palace servants about the lost prince of Asgard. He was a monster who lived in the depths underneath the golden glittering city, who deserved nothing more than an eternal curse on his life. All that she heard should have caused her to hate him but she couldn't. She had been a servant for a long time and she had seen him smiling in the library as he read his book, she saw him spar with passion in the training room and she knew that he couldn't be evil... "He must be so lonely down there all by himself..." She thought sadly. She sat up in her bed and put on her cloak then slipped out the doors, though she was not allowed. She was going to visit the prince. Tonight. As she walked, she wondered what he was doing...

It was quiet, under the city. An atmosphere Loki had become used to, but had tired of. He sat in his familiar spot, in his familiar cage, in this dreadfully familar home. The walls and floors were dark, with glimmering veins of gold light spread across them. The 'walls' of his cage looked as though they were made of light, which was a strange sight considering who they were holding at bay.

Loki looked up at the footsteps that echoed through the place he was trapped, and they seemed... different, almost. Someone new? Someone come to mock him, or question him? He gazed out of his cage, before returning his eyes to the book open in his hands. His eyes moved over the strange patterns in the book, which must have made some sense to him. He wondered, who was walking down to see him?

Audrey felt nervous, her hands were trembling slightly the closer she got to the prince. She took in a deep breath as she looked back and forth then walked up to his cell and gently removed the hood of her cloak. She seemed to exude anxiety, at least at first. No one was supposed to visit him, it was nearly a sin to think well of the prince. Yet here she was, defying everyone. Somehow she had gathered enough courage to call his name without stuttering. "Prince Loki?" She tried to keep her gaze steady on him, she smiled just a bit when she saw that he was reading, she hoped she wasn't disturbing him.

An eyebrow rose first, then his head rose and he turned to face her. His face was quite solem, but as he took in her form in front of him, the smallest smirk spread across his face. "My..." he said, softly, "It's been a long time since anyone called me by that title. Who, are you my dear?' He asked her. he closed his book and placed it on the small table in his room, before standing up from his bed.

As he turned to face her, he caught his reflection for a second in the light that was his barrier. He was pale as he ever was, but his hair had grown long and messy, and was often tangled. He wore plain clothes; white baggy shirts and pants, as he was made to do so. His eyes rested on her, his arms together in front of him, hands holding the other. She was small, petite, rather. Her hair was long, a dark shade of brown which matched well with her eyes. She was pale, like him, if not more so.

"My name is Audrey Lydellsdottir." She spoke up, a bit more timidly than she had hoped. "I came to see you, my prince, for I feared you might be lonely down here all by yourself." She explained as she looked at him. His hair was unkempt for sure and though he still had a certain charm about him, as he often did, he seemed tired and worn. She wished she could go past the enchanted walls and brush the knots out from his inky locks. She looked behind her and to the side of her every once and a while, every noise set her heart racing. She hoped no guards would come.

Loki stepped forward again, closer. "Nice to meet you Audrey, not often get company down here. Very thoughtful of you. Do tell, how is everyone doing?' he asked; his words soft, and kind.

He smiled, as his mind worked. Could he corrupt her? Was she his ticket out? Was this a test from his dear brother; how like him.

If anyone was to find her here, she would be in deep trouble. Surely it must be a plan on behalf of his brother or family, no one would risk this kind of danger to themselves. Part of him wanted someone to come, to see what would happen but another part... wanted news from above, and he was pleasantly surprised by the company.

"Well, Prince Thor is very busy protecting the realms from disorder and King Odin is very stressed himself. I don't know much about the politics of it since I am but a servant girl but as far as I can tell things are-" There was a clamoring and she froze, her heart nearly stopped. She glanced down the hallways and saw no one. It might have been from one of the prisoners. She took a moment to regain her composure before continuing, "Things are somewhat calm." She said, her voice drifting off near the end. She wanted to express so many things but her fear and somewhat sheepishness tied her tongue up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back