• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ?☕Little Cafe☕? [[CLOSED]]

LieLee

Gotta start somewhere, huh?
Starter:
A small but cozy cafe was just beginning to open for the day, everything being cleaned a second time and set up. The cafe's owner, Hwan Wook, walked around checking everything over before he walked to the front and turned over a sign on the door. 'WanWan's Cafe Is Open!' it read with a small logo of a coffee cup at the end.

Hwan Wook was a short male with light red hair, almost pink, and a beautiful smile. He owned the small but cozy cafe, having a few hired workers work beside him. Hwan stood at the cafe's front counter, wearing a white long sleeved shirt and a pair of black jeans with a pair of black shoes, and to top everything off he wore a dark blue apron with the 'WanWan's Cafe' logo in the middle and a beautiful smile.

One of the workers who worked alongside him, Eun Haneul, was in the back with a simialr outfit on. Eun Haneul was one of the first workers Hwan hired to take on a job at this cafe, he was a young male university student looking for a job and a way to earn money. Hwan happened to have a couple open spots and gave one to him when he appeared at the counter asking if they were any spots open.

The first customer that walked in was a lady in her mid-thirties, Sun Kim, she's always in and out of the cafe. A very busy lady with a huge need for coffee random times in day. "Good morning Ms.Kim, how can I help you today?" Hwan greeted with a gentle smile and kind voice. Ms.Kim immediately smiled at Hwan and walked to the counter. "Hello Hwan, I would like my usual morning order. How are you today darling?" Ms.Kim said as she rested her hands on the counter.

The woman wore a pencil skirt, white dress shirt with a pair of black heels and tights. Her hair was placed neatly and carefully into a bun with a beautiful butterfly pin clipped in. "I'm doing great today, and you?" Hwan said as he turned around to ready her order, the woman replied back. Two more customers entered the cafe and waited in line for turn to order.

pasta pasta

Chi Woo Sung​

The previous night was filled to the brim with ruthless acts. Woo Sung had become numb to mafia duties. Killing the so-called-enemy had become natural to the male. It was sad to think he had lost his innocence so young because of the things he witnessed. But he supposes it was destined for him to fall in line where his father stood. It was easy for him to switch from mindset to mindset; everday Woo Sung to mafia Woo Sung. And he didn't see himself changing anytime soon.

Amidst all the stressful thinking, coffee seemed appealing to him. Woo Sung often visited the small coffee shop in his free time. It offered free wifi, tasty food, and Hwan Wook. His eye had been on the younger for quite some time now. Besides some questionable comments, their relationship was merely platonic. It was more than disappointing for the mafia member. He had tried multiple time to ask the owner out, but they all turned out poorly. Hope still lingered somewhere in his mind due to his intense determination. He hoped something more would come out of their friendship. No, something would bloom from their relationship. He would make it happen. It wasn't like Woo Sung felt bad for his feelings; he had made them very clear to his "romantic interest."

He had been to the coffee shop so many times, he only had to ask for the regular; an americano accommodated with thick caramel and chocolate syrup. The sweet drink fueled his large sweet tooth. He used the free time he would need to explain his order to flirt with Hwan Wook. Yes, he understood it could get annoying for those behind him, but he'd do it either way. Occasionally he'd get a complaint from the people waiting, but he only retorted back at them.

Early that morning, he had dropped his last pair of contacts into the toilet and was forced to wear his wire-framed glasses. But he wasn't too phased, he actually liked the smart look. Although it didn't really represent his personality, he still liked fooling people. The male strolled into the coffee scented store, letting the door shut behind him. He took his place in the back of the line and rocked on his heels as he waited for his turn. For those before him, it wouldn't take long for them to move on with their ordering. But, of course, Woo Sung had to draw it out. A little time passed and he was eventually facing his romantic interest.

"Hey, future wife, I want the regular," He joked as he reached into his back pocket to retrieve his leather wallet; a gift from his deceased mother. A few more flirty lines slipped passed his lips before some customer let out a snarky remark.

"Shouldn't you flirt with a girl your own age?" The woman seethed.

"And shouldn't you mind your own business?” He was only irritated because she thought he was a lot older than Hwan Wook. It wasn't the case at all, they were closer in age than a lot of people thought. He faced back towards the front and flashed a toothy grin. LieLee LieLee

Last edited:
♤♡Hwan Wook ◇♧

Hwan hummed to himself as he prepared Ms.Kim's order, a white chocolate mocha with a side of blueberry biscuits, Hwan memorized her daily orders by heart and every one of them were compeletly different. Hwan had just finished her drink, placing a lid on top and straw right next to it, after he carefully wrapped up the blueberry biscuits and placed them in a bag. He grabbed the items and brought them to Ms.Kim with his famous smile.

"Here you Ms.Kim, a white chocolate mocha with a side of blueberry biscuits!" Ms.Kim grabbed her order and in return gave Hwan the payment and a tip. "Thank Hwan, have a great morning hun! I'll see you later in the day!" Ms.Kim called out as she walked out the day, Hwan waving goodbye and wishing her a good morning as well. Hwan turned to take the next order from a young university student with a smile. He served up her order, took the payment and bid her farewell.

Hwan was putting money into the register when he heard a familiar voice. Hwan didn't even need to look up to know it was Chi Woo Sung, a regular and very strange customer to his cafe. "Hello Mr.Woo Sung." Hwan completely igorned the 'Future wife' comment, although it annoyed him slightly. "The regular coming right up."

Hwan turned right around, not even looking at the other male. He started to prepare the usual americano, adding thick chocolate and caramel syrup as he listened to everyone around the cafe. Hwan happened to hear the comments between Woo Sung and the woman and couldn't help but feel a little upset. He wasn't that young! And there was nothing wrong with flirting with people of the same gender!

Hwan was the type of person to believe who you love is who you love, regardless of gender or anything else! As long as you you love them! And Hwan happened to very sensitive about how he looks because people usually think that he's a lot younger than he really is. Most people would find it flattering but Hwan doesn't, when it happens to him people are awfully rude about it.

Hwan was use to the constant flirting from Woo Sung and usually igorned it, turning down some of questions on going on a date politely. He had his reasons why, one them being he was just being stubborn as hell.

pasta pasta

Chi Woo Sung​

"Ahhh, dear Hwan, why are you ignoring me?" The corner of Woo Sung's lips tugging down into a soft frown. He wasn't too fond of being ignored. "Just once - let me take you out to dinner," He was close to begging for a single date. "I swear, you won't regret it." An exhausted sigh left him as he leaned down to rest his head on the countertop. How long would it take for the owner to go on a date with him? Maybe he just sucked at flirting. He rose back up and smoothed down his shirt. For a moment, he nudged his bifocals back over the bridge of his nose. "Anyway, do you like my glasses? I look like a handsome professor now."

He drew his credit card from his leather wallet before closing the soft material. He spun the plastic card around his long fingers. The male was getting increasingly irritated, the woman behind him continuously huffed at each sly comment that flew past his lips. It was only common sense to mind your own business, but she was struggling to do so. He could understand different views, but he couldn't stand when they acted "annoying" because of it. Her poor behavior only made him want to do it more. Perhaps she was trying to protect Hwan Wook from pervs; maybe she was misunderstanding his intentions. "Can you stop?" He asked as he twisted around for a short moment.

"Not doing anything wrong," She muttered.

"Yeah, well, you're irritating me." The male didn't mind telling people what he thought even if it was insulting. Someone's feeling he barely knew meant nothing to him. He listed as the woman gasped his remark and mumbled a few insults towards him. But, he didn't bother replying to her nonsense and opted to face Hwan.

Woo Sung did like Hwan whether it seemed like it or not. He had been coming to that coffee shop for years now; he wasted his days there. He was a lot tamer when he began coming to the shop; time progressed, he became forward with his feelings. The coffee shop was like a getaway from his life.

"Should take me up on that offer to go out sometime." He reached out to hand his credit card to the younger. Although he was mildly bothered, a charming grin never left his slightly tan complexion. He was expecting to get turned down by Hwan since it had happened every other time. But, his logic was if he kept asking, the other would eventually give in. LieLee LieLee

♤♡Hwan Wook ◇♧

Hwan placed a lid over Woo Sung's drink and turned to the male, still smiling and handing it over with a straw. "Here you are Mr. Woo Sung, americano with thick chocolate and caramel syrup." Hwan said, pushing the card ringing forward.

"You look quite handsome with glasses Mr.Woo Sung, but you're holding up the line." Hwan wore a polite smile but he looked slightly irritated, both irritated by Woo Sung slightly and the woman. "Please pay for your order." Hwan said, calming down slowly.

It's not like Hwan didn't like Woo Sung, he was just irritating sometimes but somehow, Hwan put up with him. And besides Hwan had dealt with worse things than this. Once a customer threw a steaming hot cup of coffee at Hwan because it wasn't 'hot' enough before yelling and cursing at him. Hwan just stood there with a polite smile, asking the customer to leave or he would have to call the police. The rest day went one but Hwan's face constantly felt a hot, stinging pain.

"Thank you for the offer but I will have to decline. Maybe next time, hm?" Hwan said at the offer of dinner from the older male. Hwan would always reject Woo Sung politely, there were times that Hwan did think about accepting the offer but always pushed the thought away in the end. He just wasn't sure yet.

He took the card from Woo Sung and swiped it through the ringer before handing it back. "Thank for coming to visit my cafe all the time." He said before taking the order of the woman behind him. She was one of his occasional customers here, coming in and out for a couple days but disappearing soon after. Hwan never really created conversation with her though, she was in between kind and mean. "Good morning, how can I help you today?" Hwan asked, like usual, the woman replied with a huff and quick glare toward Woo Sung.

[[Sorry it's so late! I might not much sense and I'm sorry about that too!]] pasta pasta

Chi Woo Sung​

A long sigh escaped him as he was, once again, rejected. He slid his plastic card back into his leather wallet before picking up his caffeinated drink. "Alright, I'll be back. Try loosening up sometime; you act stiff." A smirk played across his round features. Rejection was only an obstacle he had to overcome - but it was taking far longer than expected. It didn't leave him crying in a sea of grief; it didn't it burst his heart into pieces. He only felt like he needed to keep trying and keep chasing his goal. Some people may see that as harmful behavior, but he saw it as success bringing. He left the short line and wandered back to a table.

Every day he sat in the same exact seat; it's a two-person table with dark oak wood and white seat cushions. He had days there; only leaving when the sky turned into marmalade hues. Many people claimed he was wasting his time, but it was better than doing nothing all day. Due to his evening job, he had nothing to do during the day, so he spent the time he had to write. Most of it was about a blog post about how he wanted to get out of his family business. It garnered people trapped in their family business. He never stated he hated being in the business but preferred to do something more with his life; maybe even write. He pulled his sleek laptop from his black bag. He took advantage of the free wifi to write on his blog. Today, his post would have to wait because he was going to ask for advice on some forum.

"For all my drama people, I need your romance skills. Lately, I've been trying to pursue a person. None of you know what I look like and assure you, I am very handsome -- sounds conceited, but it's true. Okay, well, personality is important too, and I think I'm ok." His long fingers slid across the black keys as he poured out his feelings to strangers. "Long story short, they won't accept my offer. They're stubborn, so you can see where my struggle begins. Anway, any suggestings for asking a stubborn person out?

Yeah, I know I'm desperate. ;]"

He took a few sips of his drink before finally posting his desperate post. Eventually, he shut his laptop and grabbed his phone to check his messages. There was nothing to check beside details on what would happen that night. He wished he had some positive messages for once, but he knew that was hopeless. Maybe he if he got a boyfriend, he'd get positive and sweet messages, but that seemed so far away. Especially since the one he was chasing kept rejecting him. And relying on those online seemed stupid now that he thought about it. Life was still for him. LieLee LieLee

♤♡Hwan Wook◇♧

Hwan rolled his eyes at Woo Sung's words and waved him off before taking on a polite smile as he took the order of the woman that was behind Woo Sung. "Sorry about that. You said you wanted a Triple Chocolate Mocha and banana bread, along with a medium sized Raspberry Mango Tea?" Hwan said as he wrote the order down on a small notepad. The woman nodded with a frown gracing her features as she stared at Hwan with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Alright Ma'ma, coming right up." Hwan said before turning around to prepare her order carefully but swiftly. He had just put a lid on the Triple Chocolate Mocha and moved to prepare the Raspberry Mango Tea when the woman started to speak. "You shouldn't let people talk to you like that Mr.Wook, it's disrespect and disgusting of a person." She sneered out, glancing to Woo Sung before looking back to Hwan Wook. She continued on about how rude and distasteful people like Woo Sung could be, acting like they own everything around them, even people. Hwan kept a smile on his face as he placed a lid over the second drink and moved to grab the bananabread, wrapping it up gently. Hwan irritation was starting to raise as he listened to woman go on and on. Hwan finally snapped when he slammed to drinks on the counter in front of the woman.

"Here's your order Ma'am. Now I would appreciate it if you didn't talk about one of regular customers in such a way. That's so very much distasteful and rude to hear from your mouth. Have a great day, thank you for coming to WanWan's Cafe." The short male said with a smile on his lips, pinning the written down order on one of the drinks and pushing the wrapped banana bread toward the woman. The woman looked surprised before gathering her order and walking out with scowl, glaring at Woo Sung and Hwan. Hwan just waved before quickly cleaning the counter, having spilled coffee and tea on it. He turned to the next customer, a young male university student.

Hwan didn't take to kindly to people talking about others like the woman did. He most certainly didn't appreciate the way she talked about Woo Sung, he felt like he needed to stand up for the other. Woo Sung was Woo Sung but he was a regular visiting customer to his cafe, one that Hwan enjoyed seeing at times, but he would never say that out loud.

Hwan did the usual with the university student, asking for their order and writing it down before turning to prepare the order. He seemed to have friends waiting at nearby table, Hwan guessed he was chosen to order for everyone and himself. The order was a couple coffees, two teas and a bag of different treats for each student at the table.

pasta pasta

Chi Woo Sung​

The lack of messages forced him to set his smartphone down on the table, and take in his surroundings. Woo Sung noticed the woman at the front of the line shot a glare at him. He subtly leaned to his side in an attempted to eavesdrop on the conversation going on between Hwan and the woman. Perhaps he wasn't respecting people's privacy, but he couldn't help it. It looked like the conversation was concerning him, and he wanted, no, needed to hear Hwan's response.

A small grin danced across his features as he heard bits and parts of Hwan's response. At least the younger cared enough to defend him. His crush's response pleased him for the time being and leaned back into his chair. He hoped it meant something; maybe Hwan felt the same? But, he knew he was stretching it. Hwan most likely was being nice and had no feelings for Woo Sung what-so-ever. That didn't mean he wouldn't stop trying to pursue the cafe owner.

He stirred the caramel at the bottom of the plastic cup as he let his gaze wander. His eyes landed on a customer who recently walked into the premises. They were nice looking, and he has a nice time taken in the customer's features. Eventually, he tore his gaze away when they noticed his staring. But, since his eyes look glazed over, they probably thought nothing of it.

The male rose from his seat when only watered down iced coffee, and caramel residue clung to the cup. He tossed his drink into the trash before stepping back into the line. It was too early to go back into line to buy something new. He wasn't planning on getting another coffee, but instead a pastry and bottled water. Besides, if he wanted to stay in the cafe, he had to buy stuff other than a single drink.

Woo Sung fished his leather wallet out from his pocket as he waited for his turn. He was considering withholding the flirting this once. But, he felt if he didn't sprinkle flirting throughout the conversation, it'd seem out of place. Sighing, he pulled his free hand through his thick hair.

Unfortunately, he was unable to decide to quick enough, and he was back in front of Hwan. "Aha, I'm back, but this time I'm not here for coffee," He explained before taking a look towards the dessert display. "Can I get a bottled water and, uh, one of those?" He asked as he pointed to a flaky pastry.
(sorry for the awful reply :///) LieLee LieLee

♤♡Hwan Wook◇♧

Hwan blinked when Woo Sung appeared at the counter again. To be honest he wasn't really surprised by this, although it was early for him to come up to the counter again. But nonetheless, Hwan smiled at Woo Sung and took his order. "Bottled water and a croissant?" Hwan said as he turned to the cooler behind him, opening the glass door and grabbing a bottle before setting on the counter.

"Would you like a chocolate croissant instead?" Hwan asked, sliding the door open to the pastry display. "I know that you favor sweets, you do have quite the sweet tooth Woo Sung." Hwan said, leaning slightly to grab a wrapper and tongs. The small male never took notice of he address Woo Sung informally, Hwan had always addressed his customers formally with a 'mr' or 'ms', stuff like that. It was just a habit of his when working. Hwan lifted his head up slightly to look at Woo Sung as he fiddled with the handle of the pastry display door and waited for the male's reply to his question.
pasta pasta

Sorry if it's short and all. Hope this is good!​

Chi Woo Sung​

Woo Sung leaned over the counter as he considered the chocolate-covered croissant. A smirk came across his face as his brain calculated some arrogant response. “Well, of course, I want it.” He paused momentarily, tapping his fingers against the counter. “Only if it’s as sweet as you.” His eyebrow quirked up as he briefly laughed at his line. “But then it would be spicy rather than sweet,” He added. Ending his laughter, he gave an amused response, clearly quite proud of his line, “Admit that was a genius pickup line. I know, everything I saw falls on deaf ears, but, you have to admit it was good.”

Glancing back, he made sure no one else in line with him. The last thing he wanted was a pin-straight-personality person to get all antsy on him for taking his time. He didn’t need another one of those occurrences where he gets bothered by some nosy person; the woman from twenty minutes ago was enough, and he couldn’t stand having someone speak to him like that again.

“I do want one though,” He said, beckoning towards the chocolate-covered pastry, somewhat regaining his mature stature. He straightened himself out from the counter and fixed his now slightly wrinkled clothing. The various scents from coffee beans and different pastries reached his nose, and his nostrils curled as he scrunched up his nose. He wondered how someone could tolerate so many smells for an entire workday. Then again, he was purposely staying at the shop longer than he needed to for no other reason than to get someone to agree to a romantic outing.

Humming for a few moments, he pulled his wallet from his pocket. He opened it and filed through cards to find the credit card he had been using. Behind one of the credit cards was a picture. With a sudden pull of plastic from the fabric, the photo ended up on the cafe floor. Thankfully, it fell face first, the back only revealed a date. Hastily and urgently, he swiped it up from the floor. He chewed on the inside of his lip as he stuffed into back into the slot. It was important to him, more ways than one, and losing it would be more than agitating. Maybe it would’ve been better to destroy the image it only reminded him of how fatal the family business could be.

"Here," He said as he offered his credit card to Hwan. LieLee LieLee

♤♡Hwan Wook◇♧

Hwan rolled his eyes and cracked a smile at Woo Sung's comment as he grabbed a chocolate croissant from the corner of the case. "Very smooth." Hwan said, gently wrapping the croissant and placing it inside a small paper bag. "But spicy? You think I'm spicy?" Hwan asked as placed his hands on the counter and quirked a brow at the other male. "Your lines are starting to get unique but try get, maybe I'll swoon next time." Hwan said with a chuckle before it took him a moment to realize what he had just said. What was wrong with him? Saying things like that Woo Sung, who was a customer! God, he felt so stupid! Hwan's eyes grew wide and cheeks flushed a bright pink, he raised his hand and awkwardly coughed into it. "Uh, um....I-is that all for you today?" He asked, quickly changing the subject. From behind Hwan there was a chuckle, the pink haired male snapped his head around and was meet with Eun, the student that worked alongside him.

Eun leaned against the counter behind him and smirked knowingly. Hwan shot a glare at him and hissed out a single sentence. "Don't you say a thing." Eun kept his smirk and chuckled again. "I wasn't going to say anything Wan." Eun said, arms crossed over his chest. Eun was a tall 19 year old male with dyed white hair and brown eyes, he attended a nearby college and majored in psychological. Eun was a hardworker and almost like a little brother to Hwan. Eun quickly laughed to himself, giving Hwan a thumbs up before turning around and heading to the back.

Hwan watched the younger male leave and huffed before turning his attention back to Woo Sung. He raised a brow in question as the male shoved a photo into it's spot in his wallet, Hwan's eyes barely catching the date on the back of it. Taking the card handed to him, Hwan looked at Woo Sung questioningly before ringing up the payment. "Anyways, thanks for always coming here. You're a very loyal customer of mine." Hwan said, smiling as he grabbed the recipient, handing it to Woo Sung with his card.

pasta pasta

Chi Woo Sung​

Woo Sung glanced between the two workers with confusion as he closely watched their interaction. He hardly knew Eun and never purchased anything if he was running the front himself. Hwan always had to be there. When he first began frequenting the cafe, he was suspicious of their relationship, and it nearly made him stop himself from casting his shot. But with enough observing behavior, he realized it was more of a sibling relationship than anything.

“Well, there’s an obvious reason why I come here so much,” He pointed out with a soft chuckle, alluding to his romantic interest in Hwan. “Which reminds me, when are you going to let me take you out on a date?” He knew the answer would be something along the lines of never, but it was the worth the shot. He wouldn’t stop until the owner agreed to go; he wouldn’t go down that easily. “Your shutdowns are more gas to the fire,” He joked. “I’ll only come up with better lines to swoon you.”

He opened his wallet and placed the card back over the photo. His eyes lingered on the small bit of picture peeking from the tan, fabric slot, but soon the plastic card hid it. His mother was a helpless victim stuck in a mob massacre. He shut the fabric wallet before shoving it into his back pocket along with the receipt.

After he finished his pastry, he’d probably leave. He assumed his father had some stupid mission or tiny store he needed to bully, and he’d need to be there. Cracking his knuckles, he swiped up the paper containing the pastry and grabbed his water. “Any last words before I leave?” He inquired as he leaned forward against the counter once again. LieLee LieLee

♤♡Hwan Wook◇♧

Hwan couldn't help but roll his eyes at Woo Sung's words, a smile making it's way to his lips. "Very charming sir, can't wait to hear those lines. Just make sure to work hard on them, okay?" Hwan said with a small chuckle. "Who knows will happen if they actually work?" The cafe owner watched as the male opened his wallet and how his eyes lingered on the photo before closing it completely. It made Hwan curious but he pushed the feeling way. Woo Sung was a customer, it was none of his business. Woo Sung was just a customer. "Nothing I can think of, just try and have a good day, okay?" Hwan said, answering his question with a smile still on his lips.

Just a customer, Hwan tried to remind himself, don't get caught up with him. Don't get caught up with a customer. It doesn't matter how handsome and charming he is, Woo Sung is just a customer.

The pink haired male couldn't help but sigh to himself as he kept reminding himself over and over again. Hwan was to be strictly business, friendly, kind and nothing more. 'Just a customer, just customer, just customer, just a-!' Hwan's train of thought was stopped when something small hit the back of his head. "What the heck?" Hwan turned his head and spotted Eun poking around the corner, holding a package of toothpicks. "Do it. Dooo it!" He hissed quietly, grabbing more toothpicks and chucking them at his boss. "S-stop Eun!" Hwan whisper-yelled, Eun only continued to throw toothpicks and hiss the same words repeatedly. Hwan huffed, smacking a toothpick aimed at him away and trying to ignore his young employee. This only resulted in Eun throwing more toothpicks and hissing the words louder. "Agh, okay!" Hwan yelled, glaring at the white haired male. Eun repiled with a triumphant smirk.

Hwan turned back around, his annoyed attitude suddenly turning nervous. "Um, uh, W-Woo Sung!" Hwan yelled, cringing at the tone and volume of his voice. "Maybe ask again next time?" Hwan said, glancing at the male before keeping his gaze on the counter. "I-it could be a y-yes, you know?..." Behind him, Eun groaned in disappointment, Hwan quickly grabbed toothpicks by his feet and chucked them at the younger male before turning back to look in Woo Sung, chuckling nervously. "So, uh, yeah!" Hwan said, feeling extremely lucky that no customers were behind Woo Sung's direction before rushing off to the back.

Eun poked his head back around the corner and looked at Woo Sung. "Heeey, you might have a chance this time, riiight?" The male said, chuckling. Suddenly Eun yelped as a package of napkins was throw at him and smacked him upside the head, Hwan's voice coming from the back and yelling at him. "Aish, Eun! Would you stop?!"

pasta pasta

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back