Lintha God blooded

Hand of Destiny

How do you thinkyou would go about creating a Lintha god blood?  The material in Blood & Salt appears to predate the stuff in the players guide.  What kind of levels of inheritance should these guys have?  The charms listed for example god bloods in Blood & Salt are Solar charms, a bit powerful and expensive for the Lintha surely?  Do you think the patron (Kimberry) backing could be apppropriate with Lintha in the cult of Dukantha, without making them Akuma.  This is just a list of my thoughts and therefore a bit random, but I did think that god blooded got a rough deal in the players guide and I would like to create some memorable Lintha without them being to underpowered (but the solar charms are still a bit much).  I'd be greatful for any ideas or input.

the Lintha use Solar charms because everyone is assumed to have the Core book, and thus not have to go buy the STC or some other book full of charms.  Just treat thier charms as equivilant spirit charms.

The Lintha are currently on a serious eugenic kick when it comes to breeding Godblooded scions.  Out of hand I'd say inheritance OOO would be the highest they normally reach without Dukantha calling out 3rd circles to fuck his kin.

A regular Lintha Demon-Blooded is said to possess Essence 2.  An Essence 4 Demon (which would be a second Circle) could easily be the other parent if you wanted to breed good God-Blooded.

Keep in mind several things:

Linthas should probably be given a low (1-2) or maybe intermediate (3) rating in the Knowledge Background to be able to compete with the average Linthas shown in Blood and Salt.  If those average Linthas can be used with Solar Charms, imagine how powerful they have to be to be the equivalent using Spirit Charms?

Also, you have to be careful.  If the Linthas are bred by old witch Oonoo (or whatever her bloody name it) they may or may not be Demon-Blooded.  It never specifies in Blood and Salt that Oonoo uses demons for her breeding experiments, it just says spirits.  That's up to you as a storyteller, however.

I would give the Lintha an average of Inheritance 2, Knowledge 2 (as Knowledge can only be spent on magical traits).

Anyway, that's my take... be careful when playing Lintha, they're complicated, well worked out, and it'd be silly to play one 'cause you "wanna be a bloodthirsty pirate!"  If that's the case, just play an Eos and Ossissa game.

But if you really want to play the Lintha... more power to you.  Hope you're not as perverse as they are.

Lintha are problematic.  I think I've figured out that you can get them by giving them an Inheritance 4, Experience 2 and Knowledge 2.  They should also have Patron 3, to account for the vast support that they get from the Lintha Family and their onerous duties.  Lintha, based on whats written about them, should just be considered an especially powerful race of Demon-Blooded.

What interests me is that you can breed back the strength of a God-Blooded line.  I know that this would take generations, but it has promise.  I think that I've come up with a few rules concerning it.  By making five successes on a Perception+Lore roll, an individual interested in building back up the power of a God-Blooded line can find two God-Blooded whose blood will strengthen if bred together.  If the two chosen God-Blooded breed, their average Inheritance, which will be the Inheritance of any of their children, will be increased by one, rounding up any fractions.  Thus, with the proper application of eugenics, a God-Blooded line would go from Inheritance 1 to Inheritance 5 in five generations.  If you have a large enough breeding pool, like one thousand people, you could do this for centuries without worrying about inbreeding.

Another thing that interests me is that in Blood and Salt, it says that Kimberry taught the Lintha to build automatons to fight their wars for them.  That suggests that God-Blooded are potentially capable of building artifacts of their own, and pretty powerful ones at that.  I would suggest that a God-Blooded may build any Artifact whose level is equal to or less than their Inheritance.

Interesting. I came up with something similar with DBs for the breeding program the Empress resulted from. However, the Perception + Lore roll should only suggest the possibility of the improvement occurring; the experiment still needs to be run, to see if the progeny are as expected. the expected success rate could vary by how many successes were obtained on the roll.

Regarding artifact-building, God-Bloods, no matter what their Inheritance, are still inferior to Exalts. Whatever their artifact proficiency cap is should be no higher than that of DBs.

Why?  

I have created a unique form of God-Blooded, called the Dragon Kin or Tylalyt, who were created by the Dragon Kings to serve as superior servants.  They are capable of learn Dragon King Paths, up to the limit allowed by their Essence.  Since they can learn the third level of the Path of Solid Earth and Growing Wood, they are capable of producing crystalline and vegetative artifacts much more easily than a DB could produce jade artifacts.

Now, in the case of the Dragon Kin, it is because they can learn a specific Charm-like effect that gives them the ability to produce certain types of artifacts, but the Lintha could, potentially, produce Artifacts as potent as the DB's.  The real advantage that DB's have in artifact production is that every DB past the first reduces the required number of successes by two.  With a hundred DB's working on an artifact, you could produce a level five artifact in a season.  The Lintha do not have that type of advantage.

If having the Lintha create artifacts is disturbing, just say that in your campaign they only get their jade artifacts from their dead.  The Lintha would provide real jade to the Lintha dead, the Lintha dead would forge it into an artifact and then the living Lintha would collect the artifact.  Simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back