Story Like Raindrops - Chapter III: The Nightmare

Fluffy Cookies

Angelic Demon
Roleplay Type(s)
The day was waning and the sun began to set slowly from its high position in the sky. As it approached the tall pine trees surrounding the Mystery Shack, the sky erupted in a mixture of the most beautiful colors Lylla had ever seen.

"My dear God!" the older girl exclaimed, taking her professional camera out of her bag. The Pines twins gasped as she ran down the stairs and out the door, leaving behind the satchel of things behind.

"Lylla, what's going on?!" Dipper yelled after her as he and Mabel followed suit. Bill was left by himself. Of course, curiosity killed the cat, but not this curious cat. He looked at the bag and then toward the door, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. The Dream Demon in yellow opened the satchel and began to carefully go through its contents.

Outside, Lylla was taking a manifold amount of pictures in different positions and pointing in different directions. There was a slight silhouette of the Shack with the sunset behind. It HAD to be the best one.

"I'm going to get this picture printed tomorrow and I'm going to enter it into a photo contest if I can," Lylla said, showing the twins the many pictures she had taken, accidentally scrolling back to a picture of her and her brother at Tolo. She quickly flicked back, but Mabel had already seen it.

"Oooh, who was that? He looks handsome!" She squealed. Lylla's already cold, sad eyes, saddened even more. "What's wrong?"

"That..." The white-haired girl began with a breath, "was my brother." She clicked back on the picture.

The blonde male standing next to her in the picture, wearing a dark blue tuxedo, had his arms around Lylla as if he were hugging her. He HAD been, and Lylla was hugging back. She was wearing a beautiful crimson-red, knee-length dress, and white hair up in a bun.

"Was?" Mabel asked. Lylla shook her head.

"I-I don't really want to talk about it," she tells her, rubbing the back of her neck. Mabel nods, understanding.

"Well, you look really pretty in that picture," she comments.

"Thanks, Mabel," Lylla nods.

"We should head inside," Dipper says, "It's getting dark. Didn't your parents want you home BEFORE dark?"

"Yeah, but it's not dark yet," the older girl tells him, heading inside. "I can stay for a little longer, just let me tell my parents." She pulls her phone from her back pocket, quickly scrolling through the contacts.

Ly: Hey, mum, I'm over at the neighbor's and I'm gonna stay a bit after dark, if that's alright.

Mum: Okay, sweetheart, just have someone walk you home when you come back.

Ly: Alright, love you!

Mum: Love you too!

"Looks like I get to stay a bit longer," Lylla says to the two, walking up the stairs and into the attic bedroom.

It was finally dark out and everyone was on their way to bed. Except for Bill and Lylla. The girl was putting her light hoodie on for it was chilly outside.

"I need someone to walk me home, I don't know the area too well and I'm afraid I might take a wrong turn," she says. Bill brightens.

"I'll walk ya home, Snowflake!" He offers. Lylla smiles.

"I would like that, thank you, Bill!"

"Of course! Anything to keep a beautiful girl like you safe!" He exclaims. The girl's cheeks flushed pink. It's been a while since anyone but her family has called her beautiful. But that hadn't been a completely positive experience. She shook off any negative feelings she was getting at the moment. It was just her brain acting up.

Once they had gotten to her front door, Lylla turned to Bill.

"You know, you're not so bad for a Dream Demon," she tells him. He scratched the back of his neck, about to say something before my mother opened the door.

"Ah, Ly, you're home!" She smiled at her daughter. "How was it?"

"Quite wonderful, mum," Lylla told her.

"Why don't you invite your friend in for dinner?" Her mother asked. "We're having Chicken Alfredo, your favorite." Lylla's blush was even deeper now.

"Uhm... Bill, would you like to, uhm... C-Come in for d-dinner?" She asked with a prominent stutter.

"Aww, I would love to!" Bill answered with a smile.

After dinner, Bill helped Lylla with the dishes before he went back to the Mystery Shack. In the meantime, the white-haired girl had flopped down on her new bed, sketchbook in hand. It had been one hell of a day.
"Baby we built this house on memories, take my picture now, shake it 'till you see it, and when your fantasy becomes your legacy, promise me a place in your house of memories..." The speaker played as Lylla began to sketch furiously, erasing and redrawing, shading, and highlighting. Soon, however, she began to fall asleep, drawing utensils in her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dark. So very dark. The rain fell fast and hard on the windshield as the car drove through. Lylla was in the back seat, watching out the window closest to the side of the road. Beside her, sat Carson, her brother, twenty months younger than her. The radio played Piano Man by Billy Joel. One of Lylla's favorite songs. The seventeen-year-old happily sang along with it.
Right when you would never think the rain could pour any harder, it did, flooding the road in a matter of minutes. Lylla's father was in the driver's seat, and her mother was in the passenger seat. He was trying to control the wheel of the small car as the wheels began to spin out. Hydroplaning. However, they were still moving, which was VERY dangerous.
"Mike, slow down, darling," her mother warned.
"But the kids will be late, Sarah, we have to get them there on time!" Her father says back softly. Lylla had stopped singing and began to grip the solid handle on the door. This handle didn't open the barrier to the outside, which was good.
Suddenly, out of nowhere, a semi-truck, with an over-sized load, drove to their side of the road. Lylla's father had no time to swerve at a safe distance from the oncoming vehicle. Instead, it sent them barreling over the guardrail, spinning them, and tumbling them into the forest off the road...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lylla woke screaming, sitting straight up in her bed and her sketchbook falling to her floor. She hadn't noticed she fell asleep while sketching. She was sweating and her hair was stuck to her forehead. Her lights were off, surprisingly, but it didn't bother her. Da must've turned the lights out, she thought, turning her lamp on next to her.
Bad idea. At the end of her bed sat a familiar being. One in a yellow suit with a brick-like pattern, and a black top hat, accompanied by an eye patch, bowtie, and black leather gloves.

"AH! BILL!" She screamed, startled by his appearance. Why hadn't she noticed when the lights were out?

"Hiya, Snowflake!" Bill greeted quietly, yet happily.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

A/N: All of you, my lovelies, are going to have to wait until tomorrow for the next chapter. Please comment if you can, I would LOVE feedback and suggestions for future chapters.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back