Story Like Raindrops - Chapter II: Games

Fluffy Cookies

Angelic Demon
Roleplay Type(s)
Mabel took Lylla up to the twins' attic bedroom. Waddles, Mabel's pet pig nuzzled up against the older girl's leg as Mabel introduced him.

"He reminds me of one of the pigs my brother used to have," Lylla chuckles. "His name was Clyde and he was the sweetest."

"'Was'? What happened to him?" Mabel asked. Her new friend gave her a look, a look that explained it all. The family had eaten the former pig. The younger girl gasped.

"I didn't want to say it aloud," she said, "All animals have feelings." As she said that Dipper and Bill walked it, bickering like an old married couple. Lylla's eyes widen and her eyebrows shoot up, surprised.

"Ah, this is normal for the two," Mabel explains. Bill took hold of Dipper's shirt, pulling a fist back. That was it for Lylla. Immediately, she stepped in between the two, her back to Dipper and her face inches from Bill's. The man in yellow smirked, causing Lylla to blush again.

"What is it, Snowflake?" He asked. She could hear the smirk drip into his tone.

"S-Snowflake?" She asked.

"It's your nickname," Bill chuckled, "everyone gets one. Dipper's is Pinetree because of the hat he wears and Mabel's is Shooting-Star because the shape was on her sweater when I first met her."

"And why is mine, 'Snowflake'?" Lylla continued.

"Because your hair is as white as freshly fallen snow and your eyes are as cold as ice," He tells her. Lylla was taken aback once again. I can't tell if he's making fun of me or he's complimenting me, she thought. "Oh, I meant it as a compliment." Her eyes widen as they stare into his singular, pale-yellow one. Shit, did... Did he just read my mind? "Of course I read your mind! I'm a Dream Demon!" Lylla blinked once, twice, three times, not knowing what to say next.

"Jeez the tension in this room is SUFFOCATING!" Mabel exclaimed, breaking the silence. "Let's play a game! How about Truth or Dare?"

Lylla's eyes widen at the mention of this particular game. She hasn't played it since she went to a party with Carson. That was two years ago and she didn't quite like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then, the rules were: The order had to be two truths and a dare, the dares cannot be too harsh or dangerous, and finally, if you chicken out on a dare more than three times, you have to drink a horrible drink made from whatever's in the fridge.

The eighteen-year-old was terrified the entire game she played at her brother's friend's house. Thankfully, she wasn't asked any questions that actually mattered, like if she'd ever physically been with someone. The answer would have been no anyway. She wasn't dared to do such embarrassing things either. It was an innocent game of Truth or Dare.

"Uhm..." Lylla began before letting out a breath, "sure... Why not?"

"YAY! Dip-stick, you and Bill are playing too whether you like it or not!" Mabel screeched. Bill covered his ears while Dipper just winced. Lylla flinched. She never was a fan of loud, sudden noises. They always startled her.

One year a while back, when they still lived in Washington, they were celebrating the Fourth of July with their neighbors. It was fun, yes, playing frisbee and jumping into the pool. Until her father decided to set off a firecracker the size of a stick of dynamite. It was the same volume as a normal firework as you would expect, but to Lylla, those kinds of things weren't her favorite.

She wasn't prepared for it to go off like she always was. When it exploded, Lylla's legs gave out and she covered her head. She had no idea why she did it. Out of instinct, maybe. She still has no idea. When she was recovering from that small incident, she was shaking, and not in a good way. Her eyes rolled back into her head and her nose began to bleed. There was a LOT of blood, but it wasn't too concerning seeming how she's had bad nosebleeds before, every winter.The only thing they worried about was the convulsing. This happens now, every once in a while with nothing happening before.

"Lylla!" Dipper yells, waving a hand in front of her face. The older girl shook out of her trance. "What were you thinking about?"

"Oh, uhm, nothing..." Lylla smiled. Bill gave her a suspicious look before joining the circle. "Who's first?"

"ME!" Mabel screamed. The white-haired girl flinched again.

"Mabel, quit yelling, you'll give Lylla a headache," Dipper scolded.

"Sorry," his twin apologizes. The older girl forgives her and Mabel continues. "Lylla, truth or dare?"

"Truth," she replied simply. Mabel thought for a good long minute.

"Why's your hair white?" She asked.

"I don't know, I was born like this," Lylla tells her, "my parents tried to figure it out, but never came to a conclusion."

"Ah, okay," the younger girl nodded, understanding.

"Bill, truth or dare?" Lylla asked.

"Dare!" He said instantly, a smile as wide as the Nile River spead across his face with an insane-looking glint in his eyes.

"I've read about Dream Demons before," Lylla simply stated, "I dare you to make me float until your next turn."

"Aww, you're no fun, Snowflake!" He complained. The girl just chuckles, feeling herself lift into the air. "Pinetree, truth or dare?"

"Truth," the sixteen-year-old boy nods. Lylla lets out a complaining groan. "Hey, you picked truth too!"

"Do you still have a crush on that red-head?" Bill asked him.

"O-Of course I do..." Dipper stutters quietly, almost squeaking his words. "Lylla..."

"Nuh-uh, you forgot Mabel!" Lylla exclaimed, her English accent sounding thick for a moment.

"There's an order?" Dipper questioned, cocking a brow. Lylla rolled her eyes, picking truth again since she was in no mood for a dare at the moment. "What were you thinking about earlier? Don't say it was nothing, because it definitely was SOMETHING."

Lylla sighs and explains why she flinches at loud noises. Eventually she tells them what happened last time she was unprepared for a firecracker. It was worse that the first time it happened and it had sent her to the hospital.

"Even the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me," She finishes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

A/N: Y'all know the drill!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back