• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Life of a Youtuber

taliaangeni

It is what it is.
Roleplay Type(s)
jqqxS32.png

A blaringly annoying noise sounded throughout the room. Confused, Jesse clawed his way from slumber to realize the alarm was going off. He grabbed his Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and hit the snooze button. Noticing it said 7AM he threw a colorfully tattooed arm over his eyes hoping for a few more minutes of rest. Last night, Freeway Grocery had taken forever to close. An older couple apparently hadn't heard the announcement the store was closing and continued shopping. They weren't the only stragglers. A group of teens decided to flood the male toilets. It had been a fun night for him, sarcasm intended.

A sharp, kneading pressure on his chest finally woke him up. It was Toby. Toby being a Snowshoe was mixed with siamese and american short hair. He was an asshole most of the time, always demanding shit, and that's exactly why Jesse loved him.

"Breakfast already?" Jessie scratched behind Toby's ear inciting purring. Getting ready to kiss the cat on the head, he leaned up but Toby sensed his actions and jerked back before finally jumping off the bed. He took a few steps before turning, tail swaying in an aggravated way. Jesse threw his hands in the air, "Fine. I see how you are." He threw the king size blanket to the side of his twin bed before getting up to follow Toby into the small kitchen. The cold tile in the kitchen was as good a wake up call as any.

The apartment had two bedrooms and a bathroom. The other bedroom was occupied by his roommate Vance, who wasn't home. He didn't blame the guy for staying with his girlfriend more than his own home. This place was bad. Their apartment manager was horrible in a way that he didn't care what the hell happened as long as he got his money. Because the area was a known robbery hotspot, Jesse had installed locks on the front door and more in his room. He had to protect his Precious. Precious happened to be his eight-thousand dollar lime green and black desktop computer. She'd been a birthday gift from his grandmother while he'd still be in college. Precious had a couple years on her but she ran like a gem.

Opening a can of cat food had a certain effect in the house. As soon as the lid popped off both cats flew into the room meowing and rubbing against his legs. Friskies Tuna & Egg was this morning's goodness for his kids. Digit, whom he hadn't seen until she flew into the room scarfed her food down. They'd been trying to work on that. Digit was a torti who hadn't had the best start in life. She was missing some of her toes and most of her tail. The Veterinarian had wanted to euthanize her but Jesse wouldn't hear of it. The vet had warned she wouldn't be like a normal cat without a tail, that she wouldn't live for long. Digit was now five.

After giving the kids their meal, Jesse opened a box of Cap'n Crunch and poured it into a glass bowl and added two-percent. Grabbing a spoon he headed back to his room and booted up Precious. Today he'd be focused on Dying Light. It was a zombie game from 2015. Before playing he went about setting up his cameras and fixing the lighting. Sitting in front of Precious he took a deep breath in, held, and then let it loose. He hit play.

The California sun breaks through a tiny little crack in the blinds, it floods the room and awakens Ceecee. Mossy grabs her phone to find four hundred and seventy-eight notification. It seemed that her last video "What not to do at the gym" had caused quite an uproar. Both good and bad, but mainly bad. She looks over at Jacob who's still snoring his cute head of next to her and turns her attention back to her phone, still buzzing as more and more notifications come through. She opens up the video and begins to read through the comments.

rossy123
Daaamn look at her outfit. Where is this girl?! I need to find her.

Ceecee rolls her eyes and continues scrolling.

JojoLikesCats
i bet she has a personal trainer, a nutritionist and swallows a lot of diet pills for that body. nobody luks that good from working out alone.

This comment strikes a nerve with Mossy. She drops her phone down on the floor beside her bed and rolls over to face Jacob, she nudges him lightly and he slowly opens her eyes "Good morning sleepyhead" she smiles at him sweetly. He turns to face her and leans on his side. Ceecee has been dating Jacob for almost a year now, and they have become inseparable. Jacob moved in three weeks ago and so far everything has been perfect, no arguments nor fights. Jacob moves the hair out of Cecilia's face and notices that she's not her usual self.

"Hey, what's up? Has something happened?" He asks, concerned. Ceecee leans down over the edge of the bed and grabs her phone off the ground. She loads up the YouTube comments and hands it to him.

"I don't think my latest video was liked as much as we thought it would be" she frowns. Jacob starts scrolling through the comments. "How am I supposed to respond to it in the vlog today? I have no idea how to address peoples accusations about my appearance and every time I think about it I just get upset!" She sweeps her bangs out of her face in frustration. This video was quickly becoming her most viewed, but for all the wrong reasons. It was just supposed to be a funny video about acting foolish at the gym, yet instead, she had caused controversy. Jacob sighs deeply, he locks the phone and jumps out of bed with a big grin on his face. He rubs his hands together.

"Then let's not address it. Let's do all the stuff you had planned for your vlog and ignore the comments. If you don't say anything about it then they can't comment anymore about it" Jacob isn't personally a youtuber but he's seen a lot of behind the scenes with CeeCee.

"I hope you're right Jay..." She doesn't look as convinced.

daa894b1e39ac5283c294a280bd9f70a.png
photo.jpg

Mentions:
Interactions:

Leah tapped her finger on her chin, looking through her eyeshadow palettes, trying to decide on a look for the day. Leaning back in her chair, lifting her arms above her head to stretch, she pouted her plump lips and lifted her gaze to look at her reflection. She still wore her t-shirt and shorts that she'd slept in, but luckily she already had her outfit for the day picked out. She debated for a few more minutes before dragging herself out of the chair, pulling the clothes she'd picked out on. Then she sat back in front of her light up mirror, positioned her phone and started recording.

Some twenty or so minutes later, her daily video was done, and so was her makeup. She double checked herself in the mirror, shutting off her phone afterwards. Once she shut off her lights, she turned and stood, leaving her room. She was greeted at the door by her brothers dog, Ginger, as he was staying with them for a little bit. He and his wife were in the process of divorcing, and while that sucked, she was kinda happy to have him around again.

Ginger followed Leah to the kitchen, where she poured herself a glass of juice. Luke appeared a few minutes later, also already dressed for the day. He worked with their father at the mechanic shop/gas station, and even Leah worked there every so often if someone needed a shift ran. She was currently in school, though, so that was rare. Her main love right now was her youtube channel, and for good reason. She had a decent amount of love and followers, but with every lover came a hater.

"Why do you put all that crap on your face?" Luke asked, his face buried in the fridge as he searched for his monster from the night before. Sometimes the haters were close to home.

Rolling her eyes, she sipped at her juice. "To make you ask that question."

"Nice." He shot back, finally locating the full energy drink and standing to shut the fridge. "You come up with that yourself?"

"Learned from you." She smiled sweetly at him, leaning against the counter. He shot her a glare, though there was a playful note in his eyes that she saw, causing her to grin.

Code by apolla apolla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back