• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Life In Dubai {Prose&Poem Co-Op RP}

Regal

✯The Victorian♚
•Plot/Setting•

giphy.gif

~Year: 2018~

Dubai: The true product of democracy. However, there's no such thing as a perfect creation. The place is home to wealthy people from all over the world, a true haven for the blessed. From the most infamous crime lords, to the most successful CEO big shots; Dubai was built as a huge jungle to support their perfect lives. The year is 2018, and you are a resident of this massive location. You're anyone you can think of, and you're as many people as you can imagine.

The point and purpose of this hopefully massive RP; is to bring everyone who has a passion of writing short-story's and poems together for a cooperative story telling experience. How's this any different from Roleplaying you ask? Each player will control his/her own plot, and add as many NPC's that he/she desires to satisfy their plot desires. However, everyone will be in the same location; making an impact on the city will also affect everyone else's stories.

It's highly recommended that everyone builds their own slice of life first, having the occasional cameo appearance from another players NPC's. After a while, everyone should come together and compress their Prose&Poem to one solidary story. Is this possible? It's likely it could be, if everyone was just as dedicated to writing an interesting story as their counterparts. Since everyone will be solo-writing with a similar setting as everyone else, it should allow other people to get a feel for other people's writing style; and dedication to said story.

•Mechanics•

The mechanics for this Roleplay will be simple, yet different than most. Everyone will create their said character, and only add NPC's as they write their story. Locations and such will be added as people's story's are developed, allowing a great visual representation of everyone else's locations. I believe in acopella writing: Meaning that true creation comes unplanned. The 'let's see what happens' approach has created some of the great movies and writing samples of this age, and I believe it can create a great roleplay aswell.

There's no restriction on what you can be in this roleplay, from a simple highschool student, to a bank robber of the highest calibre. Just remember, your story's will effect everyone else's, and discretion is adviced when it comes to massive events that effect Dubai as a whole. Wouldn't want a terrorist group holding multiple people hostage before everyone had a chance to integrate themselves into the city. Every story should have some sort of impactful presence in the future though, and story's should eventually build themselves up.

The sky is the limit for how this roleplay can go, but it will be in a Detailed format. It shouldn't be hard keeping a detailed setting however, since a prose or poem will usually always meet the requirements. You're even free to write in screenplay form! All simple character to character interactions will be placed in a separate tab, allowing IC1 to house everyone's Prose&Poems without any clutter.

•Q/A•

Q: "So... How many characters can I create?"

A: "As many as you want. However, each character must have his/her own story! If you wish to create more characters for your main characters story, you must create NPCs instead."

Q: "Can another person control my NPCs? And how much information must be added for such NPC to be accepted?"

A: "Yes, other players will be able to control your NPC's, but only if you share a similar setting with that player! It also has to make sense. In order to submit an NPC for your Story, you'll make a post in the NPC Characters tab of the roleplay. The minimum information required will be a picture and info spoiler, to reduce lag on said tab."

Got anymore questions you want to ask? Ask away! I'm always down for a discussion. I'm even willing to hear suggestions on how the roleplay will run more smoothly.

Everyone can join, just let me know if you're interested. If I can get a list of everyone on board, I'll be able to tag when actual roleplay is set up.

Welcome to the site! And it's all pretty simple. Tagging is pretty much a way to notify other users of being mentioned in a roleplay. [Adding @ before username. @Slygial]

And this roleplay is about everyone's individual story's written in an actual short-story format per post. Of course; setting is Dubai in 2018, and you're allowed to be anyone realistic that you can create. This is only an interest check however, and not the actual RP that is yet to be created.

If you have any further questions regarding site usage: Just ask me, I'll do my best to square you away with any questions you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back