• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Life and Death

KyloGlenn

either born in hell or heaven sent
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
haharley haharley

Heidi was exhausted.

It was early in the morning and Heidi hadn’t slept since the previous morning. It was usually like this, though. She’d get home from work early in the morning and relieve the babysitter. It would be too close to having to get her son up to fall asleep herself. So she’d sit up for a bit, have some coffee and do some work around the new house, her first house of her own. And then she’d get Matt up and ready for daycare.

She couldn’t wait until Matt could start kindergarten. He was born a little too late to make it into this school year, so daycare it was. So she could get some sleep.

She knew this situation wouldn’t work forever. She rarely got to spend time with her son, she was tight on money. Had to work extra hard for tips at the bar. She needed a day job, but for now, this would have to do.

She’d led her son through the doors of the daycare, other children already playing, their volume incredibly loud. She crouched in front of her son then, “You go join the others, baby, I gotta check you in. Okay?” The blonde offered her son his small Spiderman themed backpack. “I love you,” Heidi placed a kiss to Matthew’s forehead, as he wrapped his arms around her in a hug.

“I love you too, Momma. Have a good day.” He sounded bored when he said it, only because it was routine at this point.

“Thank you, baby. Go on,” Heidi stood then, watched her son run off before turning back to the front desk to check him in. Signing her name, date, and time of check in. It was weird how easy she fell into this routine in a few short weeks. And how easy she fell into this somewhat mundane lifestyle, compared to how she used to live. She was proud of herself, though. She’d been through a lot and was ready to settle down. Even if it was on her own.

-

Opie Winston had been having one hell of a time. And that didn’t mean it was a good time. Following the loss of his wife, he threw himself wholly into the club, and with that, he returned to working at Teller-Morrow on the side. Even though it had been a while since Donna’s death, he was still reeling from it. His kids were still reeling from it.

His kids. He loved them. Even if he wasn’t the best at showing it. He was sure staying as far away from them, spending little to no time with them, and passing them off to his parents really assured them he loved them. Not. But it was difficult. Donna was always the one to take care of them. While he was in Chino and while he was out of it. The one that knew them best and who they knew the best. He was like a stranger to them.

He wasn’t really helping that, was he?

He shook his head. Working in the shop was supposed to keep him busy, stop him from thinking like that. He huffed and rolled out from under the truck he was working on, he couldn’t even tell someone what he’d done under there, he’d been working on autopilot while deep in his thoughts.

He pulled himself up, first wiping the grease off his hand with a towel, followed by pulling his hat off and wiping the sweat from his forehead. California summers were hot, but that wasn’t new.

The truck was done. So Opie headed into the office to do some paperwork for it, then when Gemma came in she could call the owner and tell them their car was done. And then onto the next car that needed to be fixed.

On the upside of all this, he sure was getting a lot of work done. For both the shop and the club.

KyloGlenn KyloGlenn

"You be good.." Jax placed a warm kiss onto Abel's forehead squeezing the boy tight in his arms before setting him down. There had been a mishap with the caretaker recently, and though bringing him to the daycare wasn't preferred, the MC wasn't doing great and no member could spare the time to look out for the kid. 'sides, Gemma stopped in to check on him every few hours as it was.

Jax let out a warm sigh, offering a smile to a woman in the doorway who was staring before he began to walk out of the daycare, accidentally smacking shoulders with a woman standing there. "Excuse--... me." Jax trailed off, his voice softening on the second words as he realized the beauty of the woman in front of him. Wow. Maybe Daycare wasn't such a bad idea after all.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sam Parker was .. lost, to say the least. She'd walked down the street to a convenience store after leaving her car at Teller-Morrow over an hour ago... She'd spent a damn hour trying to get the money to pay for the 6 pack that was in her left hand, and the enourmous bag of snacks and energy drinks in her right. She'd had to perform a few favors she wasn't proud of, but no one said being on the run was glamorous. She was wearing a grey halter with a tribal symbol on the chest, and a pair of jeans that were more rips then actual cloth. Her once clean booties now covered in sand and mud. Now all that was left was to find her damn truck....

The place looked near deserted when she finally found her way back to the garage. She spent a few minutes poking around in the office before deciding to just search the car repair rooms. There she had seen a man with his head and body under a car. Good enough.

"..uh.. excuse me" Sam called, waiting a few minutes as the noise didn't subside. "EXCUSE ME.. I'm looking for my truck???" she called a bit louder, tilting her head to the side and leaning against the wall of the garage, her gorgeous curves accenuated by the angle.

Last edited:
haharley haharley

Heidi let out a noise of surprise as she was bumped into, the pen in her hand making a nice line across the page she was writing on. She looked down at it for a second, 'Oh well, it was only the date I fucked up.' She thought, before turning towards the voice belonging to the person her bumped into her.

"I'm-" she paused, taking the man in. Oh, he was a pretty one. "--sorry." She finished her sentence. She hadn't bumped into him, he bumped into her. But nevertheless, she apologized.

Her eyes wandered and she took in his attire, her eyes immediately being drawn to the leather kutte draped across him. Reading the patches sewn into it, wondering what they meant. It looked too heavy for the hot weather. She herself could only tolerate wearing a pair of jean shorts, a white tank top, and some sandals.

She shook her head, looking back up to his face. Those eyes. "Are you new here?" She hadn't seen him around before, not at the daycare. But the leather vest gave off the vibe that he was well acquainted around Charming.

She was the new one.

-

Opie was snapped out of his work by someone's calls, coming from inside the garage. He stopped working, rolling out from under the car and sitting up.

He was greeted by the sweet sight of a woman, she looked like she was straight out of a magazine a teenage boy would hide under his bed. A magazine that Ope himself would've hidden under his bed. "Uh, sorry, miss." He apologized for his spacing out as he stood, once again wiping the oil and grease from his hands with a towel.

He looked around. Was he still the only one there? He supposed he had started early. Way early. It still was early. He looked back to the pretty woman, though he scolded himself for thinking she was attractive. It seemed like he'd have to take care of her since Gemma nor anyone else was around.

"You said a truck, right?" He'd finished one up not too long ago. He figured that one would be hers, though she didn't look like the type to drive such a truck. "Um, your truck is good to go. Just need you to sign some papers, hand over your ID and pay for the work and you'll be good to go."

He nodded his head in the direction of the office, gesturing for her to follow him. "I'll check you out, miss..." He trailed off, not being able to recall her name from the paperwork.

KyloGlenn KyloGlenn

Jax let his lips curl into a soft smile. The girl was gorgeous and obviously flustered. He enjoyed it a lot. He watched the way her lips curled into words briefly fascinated before he found his bearings and met her eyes once more.

The kids playing and babbling in the background couldn't take him out of the sight of her beauty. She was 100% beautiful and he was loving it.

"New to Charming?" He asked with a soft chuckle and a wave of his blonde hair, "me? No." He said easily, studying her facial features again. "You?"
---
Sam took in the tall man before her with stride, letting a warm breathe pass her plump lips before she nodded. She looked thoughtful a moment trailing her teeth over her bottom lip before clearing her throat and offering an awkward smile.

"Just,, call me Sam.. newly single" she explained. It was mostly true.. mostly. She turned and let herself walk towards the main room in front of the man, letting her hips sway naturally.

"I uh... don't have an ID" she explained as they walked towards the office ".. my leaving a small town gig wasn't exactly planned." She tilted her head up to look at the guy. ".. Gemma said it'd be fine..... said Sons would take care of it when I pulled in here.... said to talk to a guy named Opie when I paid.." she explained leaning against the payment desk easily, looking at him with flirtatious eyes.

She'd been on the fast road a while and hadn't stayed in any place this long since she'd started her journey. Letting herself flirt was.. fine.

Heidi wasn’t surprised he wasn’t new. Even felt a little silly for asking. The leather on his back gave it away. He seemed all too comfortable for someone new. Unlike her. But she knew she’d become well acquainted with Charming in time. ‘And hopefully well acquainted with him.’ She immediately shook that thought from her head.

She just met the guy! She didn’t even know his name yet.

And still, she found herself temporary mesmerized by his light laugh and the movement of his pretty hair. ‘Ugh,’ she groaned internally. She was thinking about him like she thought about cute boys she had a crush on in high school. But she wasn’t in high school, she had just dropped her kid off at daycare. But like in high school, she got over crushes in a week tops.

She’d likely forget about him after she went home and fell asleep.

“Yes, I’m new, I moved here a few weeks ago,” Heidi admitted with a chuckle of her own. “And I guess Charming’s a lot bigger than I thought it was.” Considering she hadn’t even seen a glimpse of the resident biker gang. Or club. She supposed that might’ve been due to the fact the only places she went were the store, daycare, work, and home. And usually at odd hours of the day.

“I’m Heidi Costello.” She shifted her purse on her shoulder and held out her hand for him to shake.

-

“Well, Sam, I’m your guy.” Opie wasn’t much of the flirtatious type. He wasn’t like Jax. He was more straightforward when he liked someone, or found them attractive. Of course, he hadn’t done that in a long while. Not since he met Donna. Not even with crow eaters, once he committed to someone, he was all in.

Donna. Sam didn’t look anything like Donna. Her hair was different, eyes different. Face, height, build. Nothing in her could possibly remind him of Donna, and yet he was thinking of the woman.

Don’t get it twisted, Opie loved Donna. But he wasn’t so sure he was still grieving anymore. Maybe it was just guilt eating at him. Her death had been his fault. She didn’t want this life, she didn’t want Ope to have this life with the club. And that’s exactly what killed her. Why was he thinking of all this now? Cause a pretty girl flirted with him?

‘Donna’s dead, nothing’s gonna bring her back.’ Ope told himself. That was something he told himself a lot. Something he needed to start believing. Acceptance was one of the steps of grieving. He’d read about it in a pamphlet his kids got sent home with after Donna passed.

Either way, he wasn’t gonna burden this poor chick with his depressing past. “No ID’s fine. Just sign here.” Ope pointed to a line on a piece of paper, placing a pen with Teller-Morrow written on it. “Your total’s 140. 50 for an oil change and 90 for a new spark plug. Your old one was causing the issues.” He informed her, feeling a little guilty for blowing off her harmless flirting.

If anything, he was flattered by it. A gruff, greasy guy like him being hit on by such a pretty woman.

Jax shook Heidi's hand warmly, flashing him his winner smile. "Jax Teller.." He looked over her curiously a long few moments before murmuring "What do you mean it's smaller then you thought?"

He was kind of curious. He didn't know what newcomers thought, arriving at Charming. See, he had lived here all his life so there weren't many suprises left for him past the age of 4.

Combine that with the fact that there weren't many newcomers in general, it meant that Jax really had no outsider persepective on charming, and being in SOA.. well.. it might make some sense for him to brush up on that-- holding up conversation with a pretty lady also helped, of course. He was only human.
-----

Sam let out an awkward laugh, running a hand through her hair and looking out the window as Opie read off the prices. "I uh.. I don't have money either.." She turned to face the desk, leaning forward and murmuring "You ever been on the run, Opie?" Quietly. She could smell the sweat and gasoline on him from this close, her hand reaching into her purse carefully.

"You don't exactly bring much... skip the wallet so they won't know you've skipped town.. house keys.. identification.." She stepped back holding her gun up easy. "But you don't skip the baretta.. yknow.. just in case they're after you.."

She bit into her lip hard, tilting her head to the side and murmured, "Sorry bud.. I know you're just doing your job I just.. I gotta go now" she mumbled, walking slowly back to the back towards the door when it swung open and hit her in the head and she cursed, spinning around to a suprised Gemma.

Gemma blinked at her gun, then at Opie, then at Sam once more before chuckling. "Really, lil missy? You're gonna get the biker gang on your back now too.. put it down sweetheart." She draped her arms around the small girl, rubbing her back easily and giving opie a pointed look to make sure he wasn't harmed. When she leaned back she murmured "Your father was a friend of ours, yeah...? We got your back." she pushed Sam's hair behind her ear. Gemma, ever the secret keeper, was making sure Opie knew not to spill a word of what had happened in here.

Sam offered her a small smile whispering "Thank you Gemma.."

"You should really come in.. get some food and water. The car's concealed in the garage sugar."

"I'm not sure--"

"C'mon..Opie show her around the club house I'm gonna get some food started."Gemma said and with that she dissapeared, leaving sam to awkwardly gulp and smile up at the giant man she had pulled a gun on.

"sorry."

Heidi's eyes watch Jax's engulf hers as they shook hands, her eyes wandering up to his face as he flashed her a smile. It was a pretty one. She was positive a lot of other women had fallen head over heels for that smile. For that man. "Nice to meet you, Jax." With a squeeze of his hand, she let it go.

"Well, don't you think it's a little...funny to see someone like you," she gestured to his leather cut, "dropping your kid off here where, I don't know, a cop or something drops their kid off?"

Heidi cringed a bit at what she said. "I'm sorry. That didn't sound very good coming out, I didn't mean anything by it." She didn't mean to imply he was a bad guy or anything, or presume to know what the patches on his cut even meant. Just that, the two were opposites. And that proved how small the town was. "The town's just a mish-mash of characters."

Not that any other town wasn't. She just hadn't noticed it before.

-

Opie's jaw clenched when the gun was drawn on him, but he didn't cower in fear. He wasn't much scared by guns anymore. And he would've gone to grab the gun when the door swung to hit her head but stopped short when Gemma embraced the woman.

A strange turn of events.

Gemma disappeared and Sam apologized. Ope felt a little silly for thinking she'd actually flirted with him because she liked him. She was probably just doing it to get out of paying. "It's fine, I get it." He surprisingly wasn't angry at her. "We all do a lot of shit when we're broke and on the run. Sorry I didn't know who you were."

He nodded his head, gesturing for her to follow him. "A tip, don't point your gun at anyone else around here unless you gotta shoot it. No one else is gonna be as forgiving as me." He warned her.

He led her through the door to the clubhouse. "This is the main area most of the guys and croweaters hang out." He pointed to the wood double doors, "That's the chapel, that's off limits. Bathrooms down the hall and to the right. If you need a place to sleep I can have one of the prospects clean a bedroom. There's some nasty shit in them." Underwear from both genders, dirty shit. Old food, probably.

He stopped to look down at the woman. "Mind me asking what you're running from?" Ope was curious, even though he knew questions like that were rarely welcome.

Jax chuckled warmly, flashing a bright smile to the gorgeous woman who stood in front of him. "Once you get used to Charming you'll understand how comfortable everyone is with each other." He offered his bright grin before stepping a bit farther away from her.

"I've got to head to the garage and get to work.. you ever need anything you let me know alright? It's Jax Teller.. ask almost anyone in the town they can tell you where to find me." he offered with a bright smile.
------------
Sam offered Opie a sweet smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "Mind if I don't answer?" She asked him, a bit of an apology in her tone. This man had been nothing but nice to her and here she was keeping secrets from him as though he was one of the reasons she'd run... no. The sons of anarchy were protecting her. If anything, she should open up to them.. but.. not until she learned to trust again.

"..Mind if I get something to drink?" She asked him softly, "bit stronger then water if ya know what I mean?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back