• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lichbane: an Underdog's Epic

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
The Eternal Moon has risen... and until the Great Evil which caused it is banished... so it shall remain. The Dead will rise and harm the living, Necromancy grows stronger, and it may attract even more powerful Undead who seek to remove their new Rival... -page 903 of the Monster Encyclopedia
No one was ever the wiser to the danger. The common resident of Dumstaden was as blissfully ignorant as could possibly be. None knew the meaning of the Eternal Night, and so they merely made minor changes to their routines. They would carry torches to illuminate the dark; any Undead that did arrive in their town was either lost to the puzzling layout or promptly destroyed by someone a bit over-eager to test out their new axe. Yet no one thought to venture deeper into the ruins of the town...

No one except one man, or so it seemed to him.

Quietly, he moved across the streets, doing his best to keep out of his neighbor's way. His grey robes picked up a gust of wind here or there, fluttering gently in the breeze. His lips were thin and shut tight, and his hair unkempt from a lack of grooming tools. His progress came to a sudden stop when he came across a long set of narrow stairs. He stared down at them, gulping as he realized the grimness of the situation. He looked down into his seated lap, gazing past the gnarled stick strewn across it, at his immobile legs, and to his wheelchair of wood.

"Dear me.. this is truly perilous." He frantically looked around, but saw the mossy street behind him was now empty. He called out, raising his voice.

"E-excuse me! Can anyone help me down these steps? My legs, you see, I cannot move them!" Several moments of silence passed, and with no response. Accepting his grief, the young man hung his head, frowning.

"Damn..."

Decay Decay Xena Xena Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 rambler rambler AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd

Vekosh was preparing to have what she had deemed "eternal evening tea". A special blend of tea grown from leaves that only grow in certain parts of the year where the moon shines the longest. Of course, at this point the moon was constantly in the sky, so the leaves had started to grow on the side of her hut, and she had plucked them to use every twenty four hours around evening time. Or, what was evening time previously. She poured the tea and stepped outside of her hut, and sat in a chair; Vekosh had learned to come to terms with this eternal darkness, and unlike many others in the town was partially unaffected by the darkness.

While she was off in her own thoughts, daydreaming and sipping her tea quietly, she felt her ears twitching. Vekosh stood up and leaned towards the sound, hearing some man rambling on about his legs. Reminded of the fact that she tried, and failed to protect the woman who raised her, she picked up a backpack with equipment in it and walked in the direction of the sound.

She realised that the sound was leading her into the deep ruins of the awful town, away from her safe hut where she stayed in solitude. When she came across a humanoid figure in a wheelchair she stopped, and called out.
"Greetings! My name is Vekosh, do not be alarmed (because I'm an angel motherfucker) I have heard your shouts for aid and have followed your voice. Again, do not be alarmed with my appearance, what is your name?"

Jak Reeve

Jaks body spasms ceased, The flames died down. Steam was trailing of his body. Jak lay exhausted on the ivy and moss infested cobblestone pavement looking up at the big bright moon. His hair blended and weaved with the foliage. The burnt smell of vegetation wafted through the air. Jak was in the centre of a big roofless cuboid, which might of been some sort of governmental building in the far away past. But know it was just a hollowed shell of it previous self, the mighty stone walls had been smoothed by the years of rain and were infested with creeping green. The floor was sleek an worn, the moss where growing between each cobblestone like viridescent veins. There was no furniture or decorations in the room, just four large walls and a doorway with no roof.

Jak had creepily followed the Dragonslayer, Darkwalker, the Greatbow, and King's Dagger into the maze like ruins of Dumstaden, Keeping to the shadows.But during his trailing of the party, he had gotten lost. He lost all sense of direction. Jak first tried to track the party, but as time went on he started to panic, he ran around the ruins dodging in and out of the crumbling buildings trying to find any trace of the kings champions; to no avail. After an Incalculable amount of time (Due to the constant night) Jak collapsed out of exhaustion. After a short rest he stood up and decided that instead of following the party he would rest and camp, and when he awoke he would try to find the exit.

Jak found a roofless building in the abandon city and thought it was the perfect spot, Jak set up camp in the centre of the big cuboid, which might of been some sort of governmental building in the far away past. But know it was just a hollowed shell of it previous self, the mighty stone walls had been smoothed by the years of rain and were infested with creeping green. The floor was sleek an worn, the moss where growing between each cobblestone like viridescent veins. There was no furniture or decorations in the room, just four large walls and a doorway with no roof. no one could flank him or sneak up from behind. He put his bedroll on the cobblestones, trying to arrange it so it did not go over many crevasses between the cobblestone, he dressed in his spare comfy clothes, and performed his nightly prayers, and went to sleep. that night he had a deep dreamless sleep.

When Jak awoke, he felt disorientated and dizzy and did not know how long he had slept and had thumping head ache. Jaks tall frame rose from bedroll and stood wobbling for a moment his hand clutching at his head and his eyes half open. He stepped forward which caused the bedroll to slip on the smooth surface of the floor. Jak tumbled forward and the bedroll slid backwards pushing his backpack with the force, the backpack and bedroll glided across the stone and hit the back wall. Jak landed with a thud on the ground head first, not able to put his arms out to stop the fall. As he impacted flames erupted from all of his body. his clothes turned to ash on his body and dissipated in the air. long whips of fire swished around as Jak bounced up and down, with eyes rolled back in his head. The walls where singed and big long lines were left where the flame tentacles had impacted. If a passer by would have passed by, they would of saw a roaring bonfire spitting out long tendrils of red hot flame which floged and thrashed at it surroundings in a unworldly rage.

Jaks body spasms ceased, The flames died down. Steam was trailing of his bare body. Jak lay exhausted on the ivy and moss infested cobblestone pavement looking up at the big bright moon. His hair blended and weaved with the foliage. The burnt smell of vegetation wafted through the air. "Shit" Jack sat up. "Well that's my spare clothes gone" he said standing holding his back. he walked over to his bag and bedroll which were un damaged. "that is a miracle, it was a bad one" Jak said in a nonchalant tone. He opened his bag and took out his battle-mage armour, "At least this is fire resistant" he said putting it on and strapping the leather armour bits down. Jak packed his things in the backpack, and left the scarred room.

Hours went by as he was looking for the entrance where he came through, he then heard "E-exuse me!"it was coming from around the corner. He hit his back against the wall and slid to the corner. He summoned his flames in his right hand as he looked around. It was a man in a wheelchair at the top of the stairs. He was at the entrance where he came into this horrible maze. Jak was about to walk around the corner to help the man when he heard a reply in a nonhuman voice "I have heard your shouts for aid" . Jak recoiled to the safety of the wall. "Ill wait for whats gonna happen" he thought "Then Ill see if he still need my help". He then proceed to peek around the corner again, watching the events unfold.

DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd Xena Xena Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 rambler rambler

Last edited:

There was something terrifying, yet at the same time mesmerizing about the endless night that engulfed the abandoned ruins of Dumstaden. As ancient buildings extended broken, collapsed appendages towards the heavens, the only thing that these hands of prayer were met with was the ever-cold, judgmental in its silence moon. Objects formed unnatural shadows underneath its soft light and forms blended together in what seemed to be some sort of paradoxical primeval dance, a vestige of times long forgotten. The grey landscape felt foreboding, whispering in the darkness desperate warnings of some great evil awaiting in the heart of its structure.

Yet, these messages of caution fell on deaf ears as a lonely figure trod through the maze-like streets leading towards the inner parts of the accursed city. This entity appeared inhuman - hunched over, thin enough to hide in the narrowest of recesses, with two almost skeletal arms protruding from its torn robe. Given all this, one would have expected to gaze upon the putrid face of a hag underneath its hood, yet reality often tends to underwhelm us. For you see, none other than an ordinary woman was the bearer of this pitiful outlook, her two focused eyes - one reflecting the moonbeams in a dark green color, the other remaining a murky white even in direct light owing its dysfunction - staring somewhere past the pitch blackness whilst her lips moved incessantly.

"Damn this blasted place and it's stupid town-planning..." Salomé muttered under her breath, "I lost their track, didn't I? Vanling's protectors. More like Vanling's incompetent charlatans! Went ahead and got themselves captured, or maybe killed if I'm lucky. Heh, imagine how funny it would be if they got lost among these structures and starved to death! Hehehehe, Yes, I believe I'd enjoy that scenario quite a lot!"

The woman kept talking to herself - taking and laughing at her own "entertaining" imaginings. She pictured King Monstley's four greatest warriors falling in a ditch and being pathetically unable to get out, getting ambushed by crazed cannibal residents of Dumstaden, killing each other out of madness... all the while completely overlooking the fact that she herself had become lost. She would pass spots that she vaguely remembered having come upon hours ago, yet something in her conscious would suppress the self-preservating instinct of her subconscious from acting up and bringing to the surface the acceptance of her mistakes. Going in circles was satisfactory enough as long as Salomé didn't have to face its reality. With her mind set on pushing forward, she went round and round... Until a sudden disturbance made her turn her attention away from her ring-shaped trajectory. It was fire, devastating and alluring all the same, billowing from a source somewhat far off. Like a moth to a lantern, Salomé was drawn to this roaring fiasco.

"Let it be the four stooges, let it be the four stooges..." the woman repeated excitedly, running as silently as possible in the direction of the flames. The prospect of the warriors she had set out to find presently being under attack made her giddy like a school girl. By the time she got to there, though, the "bonfire" had died down. Regardless, Salomé found herself sneaking around a large cuboid building in hopes of observing the aftermath of whatever had transpired - her curiosity was still very much ablaze.

However, nothing could have prepared her for the sudden appearance out of nowhere of a tall long-haired man. Fortunately, he did not seem to notice her immediately, nor did he hear her back hitting the wall at the same time his did. It was not the woman's intention to mimic the stranger's movements - it was a simple reflex on her part - but it definitely served her well in remaining undiscovered. Another reason for this success was that the guy had ignored her for the sake of listening in on a voice coming right past the ruin's corner. Becoming attentive herself, Salomé perceived a distant plea for aid... and then another stranger voice responding to it. She shifted her eyes towards the man a couple of meters away from her. With flames burning bright in his right hand, she quietly produced one of her small freezing grenades from her backpack and then started gliding towards him.

"Don't move a muscle..." she whispered once she had positioned herself at his back, makeshift explosive pressed to his side and giving off streams of cold air. Looking over him past the corner, she observed two creatures on the top landing of a stairway - one of them was a weirdly attractive lizard person, the other was a cripple in a wheelchair. For some reason the latter made Salomé give off a chuckle.

*Midnight stalked through the weeds and reeds of the foresty area, occasionally plucking a plant from the ground and smelling it before putting it into her bag, sage, rosemary, thyme, mustard, marigold, anything and everything she pucked, her face a mask of concentration till a cry for help came just ahead of her, deciding it could be a trap she climbed into the nearest tree, using it to climb onto the one infront of it and over the side, from the vantage point, she could see the entrance of the cave, someone in a wheelchair and a lizard person, her curiosity piqued she settled in to watch what unfolded, her knife in hand just incase it was a trap* {people are crazy, what are they doing near the ruins?}

Vynne jumped in his seat slightly as he looked around, for the source of the voice that would claim to help him. Eventually his eyes happened upon a Kobold, one with sensual curving features. It made the hair stand up on the back of his neck. This sounded like something out of a cheap erotica, now. He shook off these thoughts, and greeted this newcomer.

"Oh, wonderful. Yes, um.. you may call me Vynne. As you can see, I, erm.. cannot exactly use stairs on my own. If you could help me descend these, I would be quite grateful. I am looking for a group to take with me deeper into these ruins." He took his time, taking appropriate pauses to breathe as he addressed Vekosh. Part of him felt as though her grasp of language wasn't exquisite.. perhaps due to being a Kobold. Nonetheless Vynne would do his best to be polite.

"Vanlig's greatest heroes have ventured into the ruins and have not returned. I feel as though they may need my help- my sorcery."

He was so enveloped with conversation he didn't quite notice anyone else convening on his previous cry for help.

AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 rambler rambler Decay Decay

It was the noise that drew her in, brought her closer. It was like a breath a fresh air every time she heard the words coming out of someone else's mouth. Her body craved sound. Her eyes controlled her brain more than her brain controlled her entire being. Normally, she made her own noise to satisfy the craving she had. Humming, or even focusing on the way the wind made grass whisper slow songs, the way her pillow made crunching noises if you listened closely enough, almost the way an expensive dress would fold over itself.

She didn't need to go down there, and look so many faces in the eye. So she stayed, at the bottom of the stairs she had already descended, the smell of moss and undiscovered places filled the air. The way a library book smelt once it started to have the ink rot across pages of dead tree.

The sound was absolutely wonderful. Filled her with pure ecstasy, made her melt along the side of the bottom the stairs, hitting the floor with a dull thump. She didn't mind the pain she felt on her spine and tail bone.

Hell, the sounds she was hearing were worth it.

AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 rambler rambler Decay Decay DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

Vynne jumped in his seat slightly as he looked around, for the source of the voice that would claim to help him. Eventually his eyes happened upon a Kobold, one with sensual curving features. It made the hair stand up on the back of his neck. This sounded like something out of a cheap erotica, now. He shook off these thoughts, and greeted this newcomer.

"Oh, wonderful. Yes, um.. you may call me Vynne. As you can see, I, erm.. cannot exactly use stairs on my own. If you could help me descend these, I would be quite grateful. I am looking for a group to take with me deeper into these ruins." He took his time, taking appropriate pauses to breathe as he addressed Vekosh. Part of him felt as though her grasp of language wasn't exquisite.. perhaps due to being a Kobold. Nonetheless Vynne would do his best to be polite.

"Vanlig's greatest heroes have ventured into the ruins and have not returned. I feel as though they may need my help- my sorcery."

He was so enveloped with conversation he didn't quite notice anyone else convening on his previous cry for help.

AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 rambler rambler Decay Decay
Vekosh focused the attention of her sharp eyes to the expression on the man's face. He did not seem bothered by her appearance, or her voice, but seemed to be... somewhere else. As if he was looking at everything at once, and was puzzled as to why he mentioned the ruins.
"I would be very grateful to help, and... Why do you speak of finding a group to venture into the ruins, is it not apparent that we are alone together? No matter, I have answered your call for aid and have come to apply it to you."
She wondered if she came off as foreign or odd, even though she felt mutually about that to mostly everyone who frowned or turned up their nose towards her. After all, no one would be in dumstaden for no reason, right? How could you be discriminatory in a town full of all species of madmen.
Dismissing the thought, she carefully lifted the wooden wheelchair, (along with the man inside of it) a few inches off the ground, and half carried, half pushed him down the steps,
"I have no family or home, I am simply a hermit. If I could offer any other services to you, I would be attracted to the thought of it."
(Took the grammar remark and ran with it, bitch.)
DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

Jak Reeve
Jak heard the whisper "Don't move a muscle..." but it sounded more like a harsh rasp. Then a object pressed to the side of his frame, as the object met his body a slight hiss escaped and steam started to rise. Jak froze, not wanting to provoke his attacker. The hiss and steam made Jak suspect that the object had a cold nature, and the steam was the result of his boiling body meeting with such an object. Jaks face slightly grimaced at the prospect of having to interact and or having to fight with this spectral figure pushing an entity into his side. The events unfolded in front of him, the somewhat good looking reptile helping the man in the wheelchair and the accompanying dialog. It felt like to Jak that his possible assailant was in wrapped attention with the events transpiring.

He felt how weak the object was being pushed into his side, "The thing who is pressing the object is weak" he pondered. "And the location of the object on my body, must mean that "it" is shorter than me" Jak slightly smirked as a plan started to arrise and assemble in his mind, his body keeping deadly still. In one fast susicent motion Jak grabbed the attackers wrist with his left hand which was dangaling by his side and pushed of the wall with his right foot, this gave him the motion to swing around towards his aggressor, his right fist aflame in a punching motion, He then proceeded to push the attackers arm against the wall make sure that he turned the hand during the swing so the object could be observed. Jak placed the firey fist a foot away from his targets head, the fist made a thud and a sizzle noise as it hit the stone.

Jak towered over his victim. He inspected his target, he could not decide if it was male or female, but after a quick look of its body he decided it was a female. She looked like a living skeleton, he could see no muscle mass or fat just mostly bone. As he noticed this he regretted pushing her arm against the wall, he thought of how it must of hurt, as a result of this thought he slightly loosened his grip on her wrist. Jaks piercing blue eyes arose from her body and looked at her hand, she was holding a sphere of sorts, he did not know what it was, his eyes than glided to her face and looked her directly in her eyes, one of which was milky white. Jak said in a quiet soft deep voice "Don't move a muscle." with a smirk.

rambler rambler AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

Nothing could have prepared Salomé for the inevitable succession of events - she, quite literally, did not see it coming. Transfixed on observing the kobold and the man in the wheelchair, for a split second they were the sole relevant thing within her field of vision. Their importance was only further solidified in her mind once she picked up on the latter's words - he was going after Vanling's protectors! Despite not being one to work in a group, the prospect of traveling with someone that actually knew their way around was tantalizing to the woman.

"I'll provide my services to him - with the looks of it, he won't decline" Salomé began reasoning out-loud in a barely audible tone, "Just need to figure out how to deal with that goddamn lizard... But afterwords, I'll play along for a while, and when they become useless to me-"

The swift and forceful turning of the man she had had at her hands a blink of an eye ago took her by surprise. Of course, she had been very conscious of the fact that he would be able to overpower her if given the chance, yet, being overly confident in her own abilities, she had not suspected he would be rash enough to undermine her direct threat. More than anything, though, she had allowed this by not being attentive enough. His hand pinning her harshly against the damp wall once more, Salomé gave out a gasp of surprise, only to be met with a display of fire that narrowly missed her head. Looking out with the peripheral vision of her one good eye towards the spot in the stone that had now become charred, the woman the turned towards her target-become-attacker. Rage overtook her previously neutral expression - she loathed being bested - but that soon gave way to a sardonic grin that pulled her firm skin even tighter against her cheekbones.

"Got to hell..." came her reply to his smirk. She thought about activating the grenade still clutched in her fist, yet her position was too close-quarters to be effective. "Also, good job dumb-dumb. You just made enough ruckus for not only the people we were spying on to know that we were here, but also for everything else in the vicinity." Taking advantage of the man's loosened grip, Salomé freed herself with a passive shrug and ducked underneath his arm in order to head in the direction of the peculiar duo.

Turning back towards the pyromancer as she walked, her grin never fading, she spoke with irritation in her voice, "Don't do that ever again, and I'll mean you no harm. Now, come over and let's introduce ourselves." Acting as if nothing of the previous situation had ever gone down - for her ego was too big to admit it - Salomé rounded the corner and headed for the staircase. "Greetings! I, Salomé Abaddon, heard your cry for help, yet it would appear that someone has beat me to it... Still, it's so curious to see a living being this far into Dumstaden. What might your business be here?" the woman lied through her teeth like a snake, that permanent smile still adorning her pale visage.

Vynne waved his arms about in sudden alarm as his wheelchair was lifted, and the Kobold began to descend the stairs.

"Goodness. What strength! To lift myself and this chair with ease, I must say it is impressive!" Vynne then paused, he heard voices. He turned back around as best as he could, twisting the upper half of his body around as he heard voices, and now, saw movement in the dim moonlight. The torches and out sconces helped out immensely in this case. He motioned for Vekosh to be still a moment.

"Hang on, friend. I think I've found who I am looking for; a large group. Safety in numbers, so on so forth." He was about to address the beings over there, but it would seem that they were already arriving in his presence. Her question came swift, and Vynne felt slightly pressured, but nonetheless he felt compelled to answer.

"Ah, yes. Hello there. My name is Vynne. Earlier I saw Vanlig's four heroes go deeper into Dumstaden, a bizarre event, surely. However, the Giant Greatbow Orros revealed a terrible truth to me, as to why they would bother with this place: the creature responsible for this never-ending moon? It has kidnapped Princess Monstley. But they have not returned yet; and whether they have been lost to the strange ruins, or were slain by a monster I do not know.. but I am a Sorcerer, and I felt their failures could have been avoided if I had asked to come with them." The way he rambled on, Vynne practically wore his life on his sleeve. He eyed Salomé up and down, nodding as he sensed a certain strength within her, with his gut instinct.

"You know, you seem quite capable yourself. Maybe you would like to join me in advancing deeper into the ruins?"

AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd rambler rambler Decay Decay

Nothing could have prepared Salomé for the inevitable succession of events - she, quite literally, did not see it coming. Transfixed on observing the kobold and the man in the wheelchair, for a split second they were the sole relevant thing within her field of vision. Their importance was only further solidified in her mind once she picked up on the latter's words - he was going after Vanling's protectors! Despite not being one to work in a group, the prospect of traveling with someone that actually knew their way around was tantalizing to the woman.

"I'll provide my services to him - with the looks of it, he won't decline" Salomé began reasoning out-loud in a barely audible tone, "Just need to figure out how to deal with that goddamn lizard... But afterwords, I'll play along for a while, and when they become useless to me-"

The swift and forceful turning of the man she had had at her hands a blink of an eye ago took her by surprise. Of course, she had been very conscious of the fact that he would be able to overpower her if given the chance, yet, being overly confident in her own abilities, she had not suspected he would be rash enough to undermine her direct threat. More than anything, though, she had allowed this by not being attentive enough. His hand pinning her harshly against the damp wall once more, Salomé gave out a gasp of surprise, only to be met with a display of fire that narrowly missed her head. Looking out with the peripheral vision of her one good eye towards the spot in the stone that had now become charred, the woman the turned towards her target-become-attacker. Rage overtook her previously neutral expression - she loathed being bested - but that soon gave way to a sardonic grin that pulled her firm skin even tighter against her cheekbones.

"Got to hell..." came her reply to his smirk. She thought about activating the grenade still clutched in her fist, yet her position was too close-quarters to be effective. "Also, good job dumb-dumb. You just made enough ruckus for not only the people we were spying on to know that we were here, but also for everything else in the vicinity." Taking advantage of the man's loosened grip, Salomé freed herself with a passive shrug and ducked underneath his arm in order to head in the direction of the peculiar duo.

Turning back towards the pyromancer as she walked, her grin never fading, she spoke with irritation in her voice, "Don't do that ever again, and I'll mean you no harm. Now, come over and let's introduce ourselves." Acting as if nothing of the previous situation had ever gone down - for her ego was too big to admit it - Salomé rounded the corner and headed for the staircase. "Greetings! I, Salomé Abaddon, heard your cry for help, yet it would appear that someone has beat me to it... Still, it's so curious to see a living being this far into Dumstaden. What might your business be here?" the woman lied through her teeth like a snake, that permanent smile still adorning her pale visage.

Quickly turning her head to the direction of the loud "thud" Vekosh drew a scimitar and awaited for any signs of life. When the raggedy figure descended down the staircase, Vekosh snarled at them. While she was obviously not the most humanoid of the three, she was at least healthy, unlike the woman standing before her.
"How do I understand that I can trust you? I heard a loud thud coming from your direction just moments before you appeared? Of course, it is not my business to speak for Vynne."
Vekosh turned to the man, and stared at him as if to ask for his confirmation. She kept a steady focus on the woman as well, gripping her scimitar tightly in both hands.

The pure feeling of the vibrations hitting her eardrums was truly enough to make Lilith melt. The way sounds felt to her- almost as if she was...normal, again. When surrounded by sound, she could move freely, like she never went nuts to begin with. When she was surrounded by sounds, and never a moment of silence, she could smile at people, react to their words and respond back with carefully though out and witty phrases of her own, sometimes she would giggle and push her hair out of her face. Other times she'd react harshly and raise her voice. Now, she just listens to noises when they show up, which is hardly ever, and prays they'll stay long enough to allow her to function.

And they did, the voices continued. She didn't care if they were fighting. She didn't care if they all had knives and were ready to attack her. She was happier dying with this conciousness from the sound she lacked rather than die of old age, craving sound for the rest of her life.

She focused all the energy she had on changing her hair colour, Lilith didn't want to be completely identifiable. She tried to think of a new name, and stood up from where she had fallen onto the floor early. A new name, a new name. Rose? No. Alex? No. Lilith liked her name, and didn't feel like changing it. Oh, well, then. Not like she cared. And hell, would anyone else? Probably not.

Lilith shifted her eye colour. This time, however, not for identity reasons, but rather just for fun. Now, instead of the blonde hair and green eyes she normally had, she carried dark black hair and blue, sharp orbs. 'This will be fun.' She thought, before slowly getting up and remaining behind the wall she had hurt her back against. This wall, which of course was the end of the stairs, wasn't that tall. And though she could hide behind it before, slumping against it, now was a different story.

She layed her elbows on the horizontal frame of stair, watching the man in the wheelchair, the creature and the other...humans, possibly, before leaning her head in her hands and tilting her head curiously.

She said nothing.

After all, the didn't have to, for once- they were making all the noise she needed for her.

AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd rambler rambler Decay Decay DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

*Midnight sensed that it was time to make a decision, from the looks of it, the guy in the wheelchair was alright probably, the lizardwoman she needed more data but didnt seem too harmful, but if they were going in there with the others that had shown up theres no telling what they would run into, besides she had her knife and other belongings on her right now, what was the harm in a little adventure? She licked her lips and carefully climbed down and approached the group, making a little noise to make up for her lack of voice and she waited for someone to notice her, her hands ready to sign as she slowly descended till she was a few feet from the lizardwoman and the chairman*

AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd . rambler rambler Decay Decay DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete Xena Xena

Jak Reeve
Jak watched on as the skeletal form slipped from his grasp and walked of, He could of attacked her with ease, and each second that past he wanted more and more to lash out, especially with all the snarky response she directed towards him, he let it go however when he saw her interacting with the others. More people where approaching the group now, like moths to a flame. He saw heads pop up from no-where, and woman sliding down a tree. Jak was having a sensory overload with all that had happened in a the short amount of time since he woke up.

Jak extinguished his flaming fist as he approached the stairs. Nodding to .everyone he was aware except to Salomé while walking forward. "Ill take you up on that offer" Jak said replying to Vynne before Salomé had chance to say anything. "If you offered everyone here that proposition and they accepted, than we'll have a little group to go and find these "champions." Jak said opening his arms in an inclusive manner. "But I think it best to learn everyone names and what they good at first. So after the man in the wheelchair is carried down, we can all gather together at the bottom of the stairs and say the aforementioned names and skills." Jak said in a hospitable but commanding tone. Jak turned his head and stared at Salomé with his piercing eyes "Because we do not want to be carrying any dead weight" with each word he increased the pitch of the voice until it was nearly cracking.

rambler rambler DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete Xena Xena Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd

"At ease, Vekosh." Vynne quickly attempted to ease his new curvaceous companion as yet another approached. This new person, this Pyromancer, from what he could tell, looked well-seasoned and prepared for danger.. or was that because he looked relatively unwashed? Vynne lacked the faculties to tell the difference anymore.

"More is merrier. Myself, my name is Vynne. Vynne Aegis. Before I lost the use of my legs I was a Sorcerer at the Vanlig Academy. My Draconic ties let me cast spells without hassle, and I have learned from Grandmasters Morgan and Hogan themselves." He then looked to Vekosh. The Kobold had quite a level of strength to lug around Vynne in his wheelchair, that is, to carry him down steps. She also had weapons, always good, but beyond that he knew little about Vekosh. These two new folks, though, they were total strangers, and Vynne awaited their introductions.

He turned back around to ease his stiffening shoulder blades when he noticed someone at the base of the steps. It may have been his eyes playing tricks on him, but... did her hair change color? Thinking he couldn't comfortably project his voice enough to shout at her, and needing to prove himself a Sorcerer, Vynne saw a perfect chance to cast such a spell. He retrieved his catalyst, only about a foot and a half long, and gripped it tightly. The sounds of quiet windchimes began to trickle from the wand as its tip began to glow a light blue color. Vynne closed his eyes and seemed to whisper to his staff, before pointing it at the color changing girl at the bottom of the steps. There was a flash from the staff, as a blue orb flew down the steps and crashed into the ground like a bowling ball sized orb of water. As it made contact with the ground at Lilith' s feet, the noise it made... It sounded exactly like Vynne's voice.

"Excuse me, but could you perhaps ascend these stairs? I have a proposal that may interest you." So said the orb to Lilith. Xena Xena

With that out of the way, Vynne turned back around to Jak and Salomé. Were they satisfied? As he turned, he spotted yet another person approaching, helped by the little grunt she made. Rather than address her vocally, Vynne simply gestured for her to come forward, there would be no harm done.

rambler rambler AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd Decay Decay Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123

Salomé's eyes widened at Vynne's words. Yet, the thing that had surprised her wasn't that she finally realized an Eternal Moon curse was taking place in dull old Dumstaden, or the fact that Princess Monstley had been abducted - it would be more worrying to the woman if that wasn't the case, considering how often the king's daughter got herself kidnapped. Her playing the role of a damsel in distress was almost like a universal rule that kept the fragile union between time and space in balance. No, what caught Salomé off guard was the nature of the otherwise benign man in the wheelchair, for she almost gave off a scowl at the mention that he was a sorcerer. The alchemist harbored a particular dislike towards those of an inherent affinity for magic due to her past experiences with her brothers - as a result, individuals that possessed the gift of sorcery were looked down upon by her. So irked was she by this revelation, that she completely ignored the pyromancer cutting her off.

Well... her pride wouldn't let her overlook his last statement, steeped in a sort of animosity directed towards her personally. Not only did the kobold not trust her, but she appeared to have found herself a foe in the face of the long-haired man right off the bat. Curiously, Solomé found this predicament to be oh-so entertaining.

Clearing out her throat, she began to speak with a type of authority. "Salomé Abaddon at your service. Alchemist..." the woman produced one of her small fire grenades - the mechanism was definitively one of her more impressive designs, extraordinary embers burning within its frame fashioned out of scrap metal and leather, "Do not be fooled by its apparent instability. The only reason it is in its current state is because I don't have access to a high-class laboratory like I once did, but I assure you this baby packs a punch that can blow your hands off... Other than that, I make potions, bottle spells, and have a few magic tricks up my sleeves. You will find that I can be quite... versatile..." Salomé's words rolled off her tongue as slowly as possible, a mocking shimmer in her eyes while she stared at the pyromancer.

"Shortly, I have no issue joining your party," she directed her gaze towards the kobold, "But it is true that you cannot trust me. Neither can I you. We're all strangers, as far as I am concerned. Faith in one another is just a matter of empty promises at this point. And it seems you're going to have to make many risky allegiances if you believe that power rests in numbers." With two more figures appearing out of the darkness of the night, Salomé trembled in anticipation as to who all these individuals were.

Vekosh tensed up at the sight of strangers approaching, feeling like there was a sudden surplus of attention being drawn towards her. When Vynne spoke and introduced himself, as well as seemingly welcoming the strangers, she sheathed hear weapon and stood with her arms folded. Listening in to the conversations, she reached into her bag and pulled out a folded cloak, and threw it over her poor excuse for clothing.
Well, I suppose I have no choice but to introduce myself. My birth name is certainly unpronounceable the rest of you, but many of the sound she in my name resemble common words. You may call me Vekosh, (Vek-ush) as my caretaker outside of my tribe has deemed it my name to use around others. If you wish an introduction of me, so you will have it. I am the result of several inter-marriages between a kobold tribe and a Dragonborn village. The result was a generation of half kobolds, most of which died in an attack by a group of human raiders. I was then forced to live with them, and have learned many talents. I can tend to wounds, I can prepare meals, I can hunt, and many others.

(I feel like I messed up somewhere, but this is probably okay. I dunno, I just never feel like my posts are that good)

Holding her head, Alyssa slowly sat up. "Damn... That's definitely a nasty headache..." Standing up, the girl couldn't figure out where she was at first. "What the... Where is this place?" Looking around, she crept outside, bow and an arrow in hand, and realized. "Dumstaden. That's right..." Looking in the direction of her home, the girl almost started crying. No. It's for the better that you're here, Alyssa. If you weren't here, you'd be drafted into the King's army, and you wouldn't be able to be who you are. Looking towards home one last time, Alyssa went back inside where she woke up and got dressed. Walking around outside, the elf found herself at some ruins, with a fairly large sized group outside. Slowly walking towards them, Alyssa started talking. "Um, hi? My name's Alyssa, who are you guys and what's with the giant group of people standing outside of ruins?"

Last edited:
Liltih was no longer entranced by the sounds. Though they were the thing that controlled her sanity, enough physical vibrations in any atmosphere was enough for her to act normal for more than a few seconds.

The orb that came to her had a kind voice, or projected one- to say the least. A voice that could heal wounds, entrance women- a powerful voice. One that could comand a kingdom, one that could lule away animals. It could be used for good, or for bad. Though Lilith could hear these things in voices, due to her unhealthy obsession, not many others could. The owner of this voice probably didn't know what kind of power it had, and his simple words spoke to her with such a calm that it almost made her feel...safe.

'Excuse me, but could you perhaps ascend these stairs? I have a proposal that may interest you.' She muttered back the words identically as they came to her, trying to disect what about them made her feel like nothing could harm her.

The only thing Lilith could come up with was either that she was dying to be in the presence of other humans, or, that she wanted to be with a male. The voice was male, after all, a male who sounded strong- tough. Could that possibly be what was so entrancing to her? Strength in the opposite gender? Lilith remebers being strong too, being trained to fight. Lilith remebers not ever giving up, and becoming good with the magic powers she possesed. Lilith also remebers that everything she was taught during that time period was by a male. A strong male, too. A male who was so determined to help her that he took her in.

Maybe this is why Lilith liked the voice that commanded her to go upstairs- a sensory responce of calm from nostalgic memories.

So she did what the voice asked. Lilith moved away from behind the wall and ascended the stairs. She didn't bother changing her hair back to its regular blonde curls, or her eyes back to thier leafy green colour from the icy blue she had concocted.

She placed each foot in front of the other, rising the stairs the way she pictured someone with power and high nobility would; the way she used to climb stairs back when she was sane; with confidence.

When Lilith reached the top of the stairs, she didn't move foreward to greet the people, but she did smile. She smiled, eyes closed, to seem less hostile, less bizzare in her ways; hiding at the bottom of a flight of stairs.

Lilith noticed that they were talking, but at this point, figured not that she was most important, but that she was new. People who are new tend to have to introduce themselves somehow.

"Now," she started, her eyes opening, as she blinked as innocently as she could. "Who's the lucky guy who called me up here?"

And now, with all the noise she had going for her, it seemed like Lilith truely regained her confidence, her manipulative skills, and was back to her old self.

DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd rambler rambler Decay Decay Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 that1aj that1aj

*Midnight stepped down, heading to the group, looking at each one and memorizing each feature that she could before holding her hands out and very slowly signed*
"is anyone here fluent in sign language or should I use my magic to write...wait....can anyone read?"
*her hands flowed carefully and artfully through the air, going between each letter with ease, letting out a few crackles of a honey colored light when she signed the word magic for a visual aide considering it wasnt a usual word in sign language to use, looking each person in the eyes as she signs*

As Lilith arrived and questioned the group, the first to respond would be the young man, in well-kept white and brown robes, confined to his wheelchair. His face eased its stern expression as he saw that Lilith was responsive to his request. He took a deep breath, addressing her.

"That would have been me, who contacted you. My name is Vynne. I am looking for a strong, dependable group to venture with me deeper into the ruins of Dumstaden, would you like to accompany us?" As he finished speaking, he turned and saw Midnight. Sign language..? Vynne had some practice with it, as magic required some capability of movement. He would be the first to respond, turning towards her as delicately as he could.

"I should have at least a rudimentary understanding of sign language, but.. failing that I in fact can read. What is your name? I am sure you've overheard my own, and what I would like to ask of you, but just in case: I am Vynne, a sorcerer; And I plan to go deep into Dumstaden. Will you accompany me?"

Gah, and then yet another stepped up to the plate!? Vynne was having trouble trying to keep up now, hopefully someone else would be kind enough to address this "Alyssa".

Xena Xena Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 rambler rambler AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd Decay Decay that1aj that1aj

Jak Reeve
Jak shuffled his feet slightly as everyone started to approach Vynne, He exhaled a silent short burst of air through his nose, he saw how many people where questioning Vynne, looking for answers the man might not have. Surprisingly the man in the wheelchair was quite succinct at answering everyone's questions, Jak raised one eyebrow, and the sides of his mouth curled downwards slightly and hummed "Hmm" quietly and thought "Not bad. he might be crippled, but he has a way with people."However he saw how every Interaction started to wear him down and that he was getting fed up with the constant query's.

Jak took the inattentive to Introduce the new comer Alyssa before Vynne had the chance. He started to walk up to the Elf who looked disorientated and bewildered, Before he spoke Jak quickly glanced at Vynee behind him over his shoulder, giving the man an "I've got this" look.

"Hello, Alyssa is It? This giant group that you asked about, actually came into contact by chance. Which was massively coincidental because most of us are looking to do the same thing." every five or so words Jaks hands did an action which related to the word he was speaking, unbeknownst to Jak he was coming of as slightly patronising and was talking to the Elf like she was a child "What my disabled friend Vynne over there was asking was if everyone who you see behind me , would like to join him in a venture to go further inside these ruins and look for the Kings Champions. And I'm sure his offer extends to you as well " Jak continue in a way that somewhat was demeaning the Elf's intelligence "You have noticed the constant night haven't you? Well I have found out, and I believe others know to, that the King sent his Champions into Dumstaden to destroy the source of great evil that is perpetuating this eternal night, and from the rumours I heard, to save the Princess as well, so I would suggest that you tell Vynne whether or not you would like to join us." during the last word Jak cocked his head to one side in an inquisitive manner and then turned on his heels to talk to the rest of the group.

Jak faced the group and stated "My name Is Jak reeve, and I am a Pyromancer, I want to destroy the great evil that has cursed us with this eternal night, and thats pretty much all you need to know about me."

Xena Xena Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 rambler rambler AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete that1aj that1aj

"You have noticed the constant night haven't you? Well I have found out, and I believe others know to, that the King sent his Champions into Dumstaden to destroy the source of great evil that is perpetuating this eternal night, and from the rumours I heard, to save the Princess as well, so I would suggest that you tell Vynne whether or not you would like to join us."

"I don't-I'm not-Listen, there's no reason to treat me like a kid! If I needed or wanted to be treated like a kid, I wouldn't be here." Rolling her eyes, Alyssa walked towards the man in the wheelchair - Vynne - and waited for him to finish talking. Once he was done, the girl started speaking. "Excuse me, sir, I heard you were venturing further into the ruins and I was wondering if I could come with you."

Decay Decay DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

Last edited:
Vynne took the time to breathe as Jak spoke to this new person. He regained his composure, and when Alyssa grew frustrated with Jak's treatment of her, and went to Vynne instead, he now was ready to answer her.

"The more the merrier, as they say. You are more than welcome to join us if you wish. We seem to have our bases covered. I have my sorcery, Jak says he is a pyromancer, Vekosh looks well armed... wait, I believe we have no healer among us... how unfortunate."

Xena Xena that1aj that1aj rambler rambler Decay Decay Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back