Story Letters

Tom-Pen

Mysterious Writer
August 1, 1932

My Dearest Emily,

I hope I did not worry you with my sudden departure, if I did, I am sincerely sorry. I wanted to say goodbye before I left, but I didn't dare disturb your sleep. You look so peaceful sleeping. Not to mention if I had woken you, and you made me tell you why I was leaving, which you most certainly would have, you likely would have pushed me off your balcony (again).

I can't imagine any excuse, or lie, will save me when I return (you can always tell when I'm lying) so I will give you the truth of it.

Some time ago, I learned an old school friend of mine had gone missing while on holiday. I had resigned to let it go, and let the police handle the investigation. But, as I should have expected, the police were unable to make any progress whatsoever - they are an incompetent sort; so, naturally, I have decided to look into the matter myself.

This will be far less dangerous - if even dangerous at all - compared to the last time. I promise.

Your always,

A. Carter

August 1, 1932

My Dearest Emily,

I hope I did not worry you with my sudden departure, if I did, I am sincerely sorry. I wanted to say goodbye before I left, but I didn't dare disturb your sleep. You look so peaceful sleeping. Not to mention if I had woken you, and you made me tell you why I was leaving, which you most certainly would have, you likely would have pushed me off your balcony (again).

I can't imagine any excuse, or lie, will save me when I return (you can always tell when I'm lying) so I will give you the truth of it.

Some time ago, I learned an old school friend of mine had gone missing while on holiday. I had resigned to let it go, and let the police handle the investigation. But, as I should have expected, the police were unable to make any progress whatsoever - they are an incompetent sort; so, naturally, I have decided to look into the matter myself.

This will be far less dangerous - if even dangerous at all - compared to the last time. I promise.

Your always,

A. Carter

right..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back