Letters (RP Idea)

cellar.

sparkle sparkle ✨
Hello there,

I was thinking of doing a 1x1 with somebody (or possibly a small group thing) with this idea I had.

The basic premise is that two different people begin communicating with each other through letters passed through a book in the New York Public Library (although the location and stuff can be changed.)

The book I was thinking of, is something pretty, but obscure, something most people wouldn't take out.

(Possible books I have in mind, are Silhouettes from Popular Culture by Olly Moss or Matchbox Labels by Jane Smith. Stuff like that.)

Basically, it's going to be a somewhat low-key roleplay. In terms of activeness, you don't have to be all that active.

However, the quality of the post does matter.

As you've probably guessed, all posts are in the form of a letter. It's the only form of interaction between the characters. There won't be a skelly or anything to fill out. The characters will be unraveled slowly, a mystery to solve. In the beginning, the characters won't know anything about each other; not their names, or age, or gender. However these facts will be made known, as they'll be able to learn them through the letters.

That's it. Reply if interested. Feel free to leave questions.

Okay...While we wait for everyone to reply,

I'm adding a few more rules and clarifications.

Letters will usually be pretty long (2-5+ paragraphs), but of course there are occasional exceptions.

On the top of each letter, a date must be included. Remember the practically of the spacing of time. If your character works a full time job, then it's likely that they won't be able to write a letter every day.

OOC posting use:

-Not used for facts or details. E.g. Character A is blonde and likes cats.

-Is used for significant time shifts. E.g. Character A will be gone for a month.

-Is used for significant events that will affect their letter writing. E.g. Character A will no longer be participating.

-However, details of their departure of reason for time shift cannot be explained. The information has to be disclosed in a letter.

-Is used when one character's action, directly affects another's. E.g. Character A says "I attached a photo to this letter, do you like it?" The photo would have to be described out of character, so that everyone else can respond. 

Pariah said:
Personally I'd prefer a 1x1, but I don't really care.
I can do a separate 1x1 with you. Would you mind private messaging?

I love this idea! If you are still looking I am interested in a small group and 1x1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you have a lot of replies already but I think the idea is beautiful. If you can squeeze in another, I'd love to do with you.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Hey, if it's possible for more to join, I'd love to be part of this idea with a small group because I think that would be interesting.

Okay...I guess I'll start a thread tomorrow for those who want to do it in a group.

Ahh, so many people! I think I might change the plot and rules a bit, so it can better accommodate for larger numbers of people.

I'm a bit busy, so postponing starting until Friday.

Sorry guys. 
Okay, here is the new and improved plot.

It's actually quite a bit different from the original idea, so tell me if you like it, or prefer the original.

It still starts off with a letter in a library book, except now there are clues, and now it's a game.

Basically the game is a variant of "letterboxing," which is this sort of hobby.

A letter box may contain several things. Usually a clue, a stamp, and a logbook.

Some boxes may include extra items, or instructions.

In the beginning, I will make a list of what each box contains, as you find each one.

The clue: tells you where the next box is.

The stamp: used for stamping your "passport" as proof you've found the box.

The logbook: used to write your name + date as proof you've been to the box, along with an answer to "the question of the day."*

Notes: individuals may pass notes between each other, or leave for others to find

This RP will primarily take form of the notes passed in the letterboxes.

Characters sign logbooks with an established "nickname," that somehow relates to your character.

It can range from something simple, like initials, to something crazier, like "Mr. Awesomesauce."

Title each post with:

1) Date

2) the letterbox number

3) Either with: Logbook (entry number), or Note (no entry number needed.)

Example:

01/02/03

Letterbox One

Logbook Entry One.

[blah, blah, place text here]

Signed, Mr.Awesomesauce

Here's the catch: the clues will be real clues you need to solve. PM me with the answer to move on. The clues will be pretty general, but specific details of location will be given after correct answer is PM'd to me.

*The author of this game is very curious. Each letterbox logbook, is headed with a question.

Finally, to keep things from getting too confusing, all the people mentioned in a post, tag them all at the end.

Questions?

@Scintilla @whatyoufancy @sakcurse @OneHellOfACatLover @YukiUchiha @alexisjade @Akeira @Atlas @Bird

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back